Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 18, 2015 2:28 PM

Jul 2012
OST and theme song (by OLDCODEX) are both out. You can find downloads on hikari.

Currently playing the OST. :) It's really great as usual. Already heard Tatsun's theme song and watched his MV when it first came out. It's pretty amazing just like Rage On and Dried Up Youthful Frame. edit: After listening to the entire OST, my fave track is "Precious words"!!

Do you guys like them? Discuss here~
MayukaDec 18, 2015 3:24 PM
Dec 21, 2015 3:59 PM

Sep 2014
I listened to a few tracks so far, but they were enough to bring tears to my eyes x33 Will be downloading the whole one now.
I've been waiting for the full version of "Pure Blue Starting" since the first trailers, and it didn't disappoint! So uplifting and makes me hyyyyyyyyyyped!
Among those I've listened to, "Dear Brother" is the most emotional for me.

AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON "ACHING HORNS" AGHHHHHHHHHH REPLAYREPLAYREPLAYREPLAY. Ofc, all OLDCODEX songs for the franchise are amazing, but this one pulled on my special heartstrings.

UPD: "Pleasant Daytime" and "Comical Days" is just what I need to get out of bad mood c: So chilling.
Other tracks that I enjoyed are "Dissonance", "Facing Myself", "Best Swim, Best Team". Though surely, it's hard to choose! The soundtrack is so beautiful. Thank you for another amazing work, Kato-san!
Jan 22, 2016 1:30 PM
Jan 2016
I'm definitely not a fan of Oldcodex songs but found Aching Horns really nice, surprisingly. Probably because it seems to be one of the rare slow songs in their repertoire.
The way it fades into the staff roll at the end gave me shivers.

I'm quite fond of Katou's work naturally he didn't disappoint in High Speed! either. In fact, it even exceeded my expectations and I like it much more than the Free! soundtracks.
The soundtrack has a great balance of catchy, uplifting tracks befitting of the many light-hearted slice-of-life moments and memorable melancholic ones for the more serious scenes. I've been replaying the soundtrack weekly since it's out now. It's a very good piece of work.
My personal favorites are definitely "Pure blue starting", "One spring day", "Comical days", "A chance to join", "Dear brother", "Amiable dinner" and "Best swim, best team". If you have seen the High Speed! movie, the tracks will be even better since you have context.
dosensJan 23, 2016 5:38 AM
Nov 26, 2016 8:22 AM
Apr 2014
Great soundtracks! Quite unique. Calming, fresh and uplifting.

Songs that catch my attention:

Pleasant Daytime/Comical Days is so unique
Mental Training has good vibe
Hazy Feelings is sweet and sentimental
Pure Blue Starting is a strong music to begin and keep on moving forward.
One Spring Day a pun early morning get ready song lol.

I would like to talk more about it, but I don't know how to describe it well. Like the style and instruments used in the music.

More topics from this board

Poll: » High☆Speed!: Free! Starting Days Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

myth720 - Dec 6, 2015

76 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 14, 2023 1:51 PM

» Movie First?

Hiroyuuki - Jul 30, 2016

6 by RealCheeze »»
Oct 20, 2022 8:43 PM

Poll: » Favourite Character in this Movie?

Cloe900311 - Aug 18, 2016

8 by Rojaseb »»
Feb 1, 2021 9:46 AM

» Iwatobi School

violetcrumble - Oct 28, 2017

0 by violetcrumble »»
Oct 28, 2017 3:25 AM

» New Free! Animation series in the making!

Mayuka - Aug 14, 2016

10 by Cloe900311 »»
Aug 18, 2016 6:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.