3It was OK
15.8%
2Disliked it
15.8%
1Hated it
5.3%
Average 3.7
57 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2015 1:41 PM

Jul 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I watched it dubbed today after recording it and it was really awesome.

Especially to see all those legendary Pokemon and good vs bad Hoopa.

It was kinda like Godzilla with all the big monsters destroying the city.

Then the end with that time/space thing happening.

Jan 8, 2016 8:06 PM

Jul 2015
I really enjoyed this movie! It simply could be my favorite Pokemon movie so far.

First of all, the environment. I liked the fact that the story was developed in a desert town, much like Dubai. It's quiet unusual to see these landscapes in the anime, which are usually large urban cities and forests in general.

Then there's Hoopa. I loved Hoopa, now it is certainly one of my favorite Pokemon...and all thanks to this movie. His personality is like a child's one, but still aware of the circumstances involving him. I also liked his voice, don't know why lol.

Now the plot. Yeah it's very simple, like every other Pokemon movie. I'm not gonna watch Pokemon expecting some deep story and shit. I'm just gonna say I liked it, but it felt too short (the fights were definitely too long...obvious fanservice is obvious).
I'm not saying the fights were bad btw, they were fucking awesome!

7/10. Would I watch it again? Hell yeah.
♪♪ All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be ♪♪

Jan 10, 2016 12:23 PM

Aug 2010
At the very least, this was much better than the previous Pokémon film (so boring), but not perfect. Still suffers from dialogue problems, and seriously, Ash acts like he never met any of these legendary Pokémon. His friends are non-factors too.

I actually liked Hoopa, but I preferred his large form for some reason. Pity we couldn't see more of that when he wasn't being evil.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Feb 5, 2016 7:44 AM
Feb 2009
it was alright mega Rayquaza too op though lol and good to see Lugia again.
Feb 6, 2016 7:47 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
The one time the move Twister will ever be made so cool and relevant. I was like Ash what are you doing, Twister is the weakest Dragon type, excluding Dragon Rage which always deals 40 HP damage but it's OP in the early levels. But when Ash made the Psychic Twister into a barrier I had to applaud Ash, very clever way to protect the tower which in the end still got destroyed.

Was that Lugia using Brave Bird and Aeroblast?

It would've have been nice to see Ho-Oh, one legendary Pokemon that has never appeared in a movie.

The story for the movie in general was very simple yet it was very good. Big Hoopa being good at first, but then getting carried away because of his thirst for power and turning evil after being trapped in the bottle for so long. The message being told here is quite simple in my opinion, thirst for only power and you will be corrupted.

Moving on to Small Hoopa, I liked him in general. His pranks were quite fun to watch especially when he tricked Clemont's Chespin into eating a Tomato Berry.

It was nice to see Ash take control of Latias/Latios/Rayquaza as if they were his Pokemon. And let's not forget Team Rocket having their short moment of spotlight, when Jessie tells Wobbafet to reflect the attack back, would have been better if it actually hit the Pokemon back.

Overall this movie has been one of the best I've seen. Certainly much better than the previous Kalos movie.

Feb 25, 2016 9:13 AM

Aug 2008
Definitely the best Pokemon movie I watch since Lugia movie.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 2, 2016 7:35 AM

Mar 2011
So these were the same pokemon from previous films? And thats why they listed to Ash without question I guess xD. I don't recall Raquaza being shiny. though.

But yeah that was pretty awesome seeing all these pokemon.

Even if random Mega evolutions everywhere, I guess you don't need special conditions for it anymore?

Also Hoolpa OP. Can control all those pokemon, match them in power 1 on 1 more or less, and teleport them all as he likes.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Mar 9, 2016 11:14 PM

Jun 2014
A lot better than the previous movie and actually was pretty intense.

6/10.
Apr 2, 2016 7:14 PM

Sep 2011
Team rocket hiding behind Wobbuffet had me cracking up.

TehWhiteTiger said:
So these were the same pokemon from previous films? And thats why they listed to Ash without question I guess xD. I don't recall Raquaza being shiny. though.

But yeah that was pretty awesome seeing all these pokemon.

Even if random Mega evolutions everywhere, I guess you don't need special conditions for it anymore?

Also Hoolpa OP. Can control all those pokemon, match them in power 1 on 1 more or less, and teleport them all as he likes.
I kinda hoping it was. I totally expected Lugia to talk though and yet he didn't :[.
TyrelApr 2, 2016 7:18 PM
Sep 16, 2016 10:42 AM

Jun 2013
Isn't Latios supposed to be dead? Remember the 5th movie?

Dec 17, 2016 4:13 PM

Sep 2016
wow that was full of asspull and bullshit, even by pokemon standard
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 25, 2017 10:31 AM

Nov 2012
Even Hoopa has no faith in Satoshi as a Pokemon Trainer, better off moving into the adult entertainment industry

On a side note though I really liked Kugimiya Rie as Hoopa, I kept picturing Happy whenever she did that laugh.
xXxAeonXxJan 25, 2017 10:36 AM
Mar 25, 2020 10:49 AM

Dec 2008
This could have easily just been a forgettable half-hour episode, but it's not because legendaries. The movies have become so much "look at the legendaries" without bothering with an engaging story. Here we get a whole lot of look at the legendaries, and shiny ones too! Meh. At least Team Rocket had their brief scenes, but not enough. Definitely didn't save this one. Hoopa and its friends/family got the bulk of the focus, and they weren't enough to carry a whole movie. I see a lot enjoyed it, but definitely not for me.
Jun 7, 2020 3:30 PM

Jan 2013
this movie was actually good imo, much better than the last few movies. Hippopotas was the lowkey star of this lol. i dont like how he was just dumped back to his home like a sack a trash tho

i do like that Team Rocket actually did something rather than just be doing nothing in the background unlike most of the movies
dannymilkJun 7, 2020 3:38 PM
Nov 19, 2020 1:22 AM

Nov 2015
Welp that was a waste of time like anything hoopa related stuff :( 5/10- really childish feel maybe like a transition to sun&moon

💢

Feb 10, 2021 10:09 PM

May 2008
I haven't seen any movies since DP and this.. was much better than those snooze-fests. The character development of the movie-exclusive characters and Hoopa was great, reminiscent of older movies along with Satoshi a pivotal role. Even his his travel companions had a little something to do but that's probably because Rocket Gang's only role was to set off the events by being idiots (all these years and they haven't learned to pay attention to the details).

Evil!Possessed!Satoshi is always a nice treat too.

As good as the characters were... the rest leave a lot to be desired.

First, why is it that Hoopa can talk? Have I missed some turning point in the anime/movie where they started to have the mythical pokemon are now able to talk? Because before, when a pokemon spoke, it tended to either A) involve telepathy and/or B) using Nyarth as a mouthpiece.
Hoopa did none of that; it's mouth is actually moving. How tf is it speaking?!

Second, the legendaries are a MASSIVE problem. For how amazing these pokes are supposed to be, this movie portrays most of them as easily controlled and without any critical thought. Willing to fight for no reason at all like they're feral. Does working with Saotshi somehow awaken their frontal lobe and remove their feral state as seen with Latios, Latias, Rayquaza, and Lugia? It doesn't make sense that not ONE of them tried to fight back against the mind control especially DP legendaries who are said to control Space, Time, and Antimatter. know the legendaries have always been willing to fight each other in the movies (see 2000) but this... It makes them look pathetic and weak thus ruining any epicness the fight should have.

The above is the weakest thing in this entire movie and brought it down.

Third, so bringing all the legendaries together caused a dimensional rift in space-time?? Sounds like pure BS. And even if so, again, creation trio right there so why is it a problem?? Even Arceus came down to slow down the rift but not stop it? None of that made any sense and is obvious just to add drama so Hoopa can learn the lesson brought up earlier. I don't really think it's necessary.

Fourth, why didn't Hoopa bring over more mythical/legendaries to help in the fight where they were obviously outnumbered? It's never stated the hoops' rule and we SEE the crowds of CGI people going through sometimes in groups of 2. And none of them return back to that area before accepting more people, so it can't be because Hoopa can only bring in a being and return it before transferring another. Is it due to distance? Rules would have been nice, movie. Since all I could think about is: Why not bring in Mew and Mewtwo and all the others Satoshi got to know? This battle could have really been epic but it appears more like it's not that Hoopa couldn't but rather the animators couldn't.

Fifth, no evacuation issued but thank goodness hardly anyone lives in the city or there'd be loads of dead people all over.

So yeah, this movie has a cool premise but unable to properly execute it. Darn shame.
Sep 18, 2022 1:28 AM

Dec 2007
plot-wise, another bad movie. pokemon-wise, one of the besties.
hoopa was interesting pokemon and they gave him nice background and story, but the more important was the legendaries vs legendaries. the whole battle reminded me rayquaza vs deoxyx from the deoxys movie. and also seeing ash controlling latias, latios and rayquaza was very satisfying lol.

the whole end "mass of legendaries made time and space rift' didn't made any sense lol. but it was pretty obvious so we would see archeos lol.

they forget mew, ho oh, and some more legendaries (what happened to regigias? the rest of the regis? the trio dogs?) but it was good enough as it is.

7/10
Oct 31, 2022 10:27 AM

Nov 2012
overhated? I didn't think it was that bad, was better than Diancie at least, and Shaymin.
At the very least was cool to see a lot of the legendaries in this and the mega forms of some we hadn't seen before in a movie!
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Mar 5, 2023 8:28 PM
Oct 2021
i remember watching this when it came out, and even then, i hated it tbh. i was really hyped up and me and my brother were excited to watch it, but we were super disappointed tbh.

hoopa was kinda annoying, but it was whatever, but like so much of the plot just wasn't matching past pokemon movies and me and my brother grew up on pokemon and were super confused why latios was there. like, canonically, latios died at the end of heros, why would they bring him back? it just makes it seem like his death was insignificant, and bringing in a bunch of legendary and mythical pokemon just seems like a way to make people be like "omg so cool!" or have nostalgia factor kick in, but really, it just confused me since it had no interest plot wise, really.

one of, if not my least favorite pokemon movie
May 22, 2023 1:43 AM
Apr 2022
Show Rate Meter Guide  - (5 Great _ 4 Good _ 3 Fine _ 2 Not Good _ 1 Bad).(dismal are sometimes needed)
[Story] - 2.5  
[Art/Animation] - 4
[Sound/Music] - 2.5
[M-Character] - 3.5
[S-Character] - 3
[Enjoyment] - 3
[Overall] - 3
This is my seconded time watching this film, I recall not likening it much form many reason. The story of Hoopa was ok not that interesting and not that bad somewhere in the middle his power was BS at times there's no limit with his transportation rings bring legendary left and right. Their was noting interest about the plot as we went further in the film. An angry Hoopa wanting to get his powers back from the small one and then the brings out legendary to help him was not that interesting of a plot. The call back to many of the films with all the legendary was happy to see. Ash getting help from Lugia and riding on his back is being a recall to the 2nd movie and then seeing and getting help from Rayquaza, Latios & Latias and then riding on Latios back for a good portion of the film but I wish it was on Latias, that Ash rode on I will always love the 5th movie because of the bond ash had with Latias. But I'm partly sure they had the GEN 3 legendry's were more in the film because of the Remake of the 3rd generation games. The animation quality was very good in the beginning but drop down a bit later on, they focus more of the battle animation because to many legendary they put in the film. Liked The gang few moment's of being apart of the film unlike Black&White films. But have to say I'm a bit on the middle with liking the brother and sister much they did something so dumb I was having a hard time liking their Characters.      
CcCharlesMay 22, 2023 2:34 AM
Nov 19, 2023 9:28 PM

Feb 2020
Então foi daqui que surgiu o shiny mega rayquaza level 100 com 6 IVs perfeitos

Feb 7, 10:20 AM

Jan 2013
Mega Rayquaza is cool as hell.

In terms of plot it was mediocre but for me this was still entertaining.
Maybe a bit overkill with the amount of Legendary Pokemon but the action was good.
I honestly thought I'd get annoyed at Hoopa but it wasn't too bad.

7/10 from me.

More topics from this board

» Did anybody notice ?

Dream_Girl - Nov 27, 2015

2 by MJSpice »»
Nov 27, 2016 6:07 PM

» Anybody pumped?

Kagami - Jun 13, 2015

2 by rafi160 »»
Aug 6, 2015 8:56 AM

» PV

tsubasalover - Dec 10, 2014

6 by d4nyan »»
Apr 26, 2015 4:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.