Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Pokemon the Movie XY: Ring no Choumajin Hoopa Episode 1 Discussion

Dec 17, 2015 1:41 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I watched it dubbed today after recording it and it was really awesome.

Especially to see all those legendary Pokemon and good vs bad Hoopa.

It was kinda like Godzilla with all the big monsters destroying the city.

Then the end with that time/space thing happening.

Jan 8, 2016 8:06 PM

I really enjoyed this movie! It simply could be my favorite Pokemon movie so far.

First of all, the environment. I liked the fact that the story was developed in a desert town, much like Dubai. It's quiet unusual to see these landscapes in the anime, which are usually large urban cities and forests in general.

Then there's Hoopa. I loved Hoopa, now it is certainly one of my favorite Pokemon...and all thanks to this movie. His personality is like a child's one, but still aware of the circumstances involving him. I also liked his voice, don't know why lol.

Now the plot. Yeah it's very simple, like every other Pokemon movie. I'm not gonna watch Pokemon expecting some deep story and shit. I'm just gonna say I liked it, but it felt too short (the fights were definitely too long...obvious fanservice is obvious).
I'm not saying the fights were bad btw, they were fucking awesome!

7/10. Would I watch it again? Hell yeah.
♪♪ All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be ♪♪

Jan 10, 2016 12:23 PM

At the very least, this was much better than the previous Pokémon film (so boring), but not perfect. Still suffers from dialogue problems, and seriously, Ash acts like he never met any of these legendary Pokémon. His friends are non-factors too.

I actually liked Hoopa, but I preferred his large form for some reason. Pity we couldn't see more of that when he wasn't being evil.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Feb 5, 2016 7:44 AM
it was alright mega Rayquaza too op though lol and good to see Lugia again.

Feb 6, 2016 7:47 AM
𝙆𝙖𝙠 𝙆𝙖𝙣 🍊

The one time the move Twister will ever be made so cool and relevant. I was like Ash what are you doing, Twister is the weakest Dragon type, excluding Dragon Rage which always deals 40 HP damage but it's OP in the early levels. But when Ash made the Psychic Twister into a barrier I had to applaud Ash, very clever way to protect the tower which in the end still got destroyed.

Was that Lugia using Brave Bird and Aeroblast?

It would've have been nice to see Ho-Oh, one legendary Pokemon that has never appeared in a movie.

The story for the movie in general was very simple yet it was very good. Big Hoopa being good at first, but then getting carried away because of his thirst for power and turning evil after being trapped in the bottle for so long. The message being told here is quite simple in my opinion, thirst for only power and you will be corrupted.

Moving on to Small Hoopa, I liked him in general. His pranks were quite fun to watch especially when he tricked Clemont's Chespin into eating a Tomato Berry.

It was nice to see Ash take control of Latias/Latios/Rayquaza as if they were his Pokemon. And let's not forget Team Rocket having their short moment of spotlight, when Jessie tells Wobbafet to reflect the attack back, would have been better if it actually hit the Pokemon back.

Overall this movie has been one of the best I've seen. Certainly much better than the previous Kalos movie.

Feb 25, 2016 9:13 AM

Definitely the best Pokemon movie I watch since Lugia movie.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.

Mar 2, 2016 7:35 AM

So these were the same pokemon from previous films? And thats why they listed to Ash without question I guess xD. I don't recall Raquaza being shiny. though.

But yeah that was pretty awesome seeing all these pokemon.

Even if random Mega evolutions everywhere, I guess you don't need special conditions for it anymore?

Also Hoolpa OP. Can control all those pokemon, match them in power 1 on 1 more or less, and teleport them all as he likes.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Mar 9, 2016 11:14 PM
Loli King~

A lot better than the previous movie and actually was pretty intense.

6/10.

Apr 2, 2016 7:14 PM
Kanade♥

Team rocket hiding behind Wobbuffet had me cracking up.

TehWhiteTiger said:
So these were the same pokemon from previous films? And thats why they listed to Ash without question I guess xD. I don't recall Raquaza being shiny. though.

But yeah that was pretty awesome seeing all these pokemon.

Even if random Mega evolutions everywhere, I guess you don't need special conditions for it anymore?

Also Hoolpa OP. Can control all those pokemon, match them in power 1 on 1 more or less, and teleport them all as he likes.
I kinda hoping it was. I totally expected Lugia to talk though and yet he didn't :[.
Modified by Tyrel, Apr 2, 2016 7:18 PM

Sep 16, 2016 10:42 AM

Isn't Latios supposed to be dead? Remember the 5th movie?

Dec 17, 2016 4:13 PM

wow that was full of asspull and bullshit, even by pokemon standard
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)

Jan 25, 2017 10:31 AM
kinda bored

Even Hoopa has no faith in Satoshi as a Pokemon Trainer, better off moving into the adult entertainment industry

On a side note though I really liked Kugimiya Rie as Hoopa, I kept picturing Happy whenever she did that laugh.
Modified by xXxAeonXx, Jan 25, 2017 10:36 AM