Forum Settings
Forums

Is the Assassination of a Dictator Morally Justifiable?

New
Is the Assassination of a Dictator Morally Justifiable?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 22, 2015 3:26 PM

Mar 2012
depends. but i would say something like capital punishment is never justified. if somebody is actively in power with no chance of capturing them then that's different.
Mayuka said:

did you call

holier than thou bitch right here

last.fm

Dec 22, 2015 3:29 PM

Apr 2014
As long as you're assassinating the right dictator, sure. Assassinate the wrong one and another even worse dictator or a radical group might come into power.
Dec 23, 2015 2:39 AM
May 2009
Cookies said:
hoopla123 said:
yes.

I should be the person people consult about who lives and dies
But even if you were God and decided to play the game of who lives and who dies, would you be able to claim you are a fair one, and one with morales?

If your god you don't need morales, you don't need to care what people think of you.
So you can do what entertains you.
Dec 23, 2015 4:52 AM
Jun 2013
It is sad to think that some people think of dictatorship as a negative thing. Personally, I think that some countries may need this kind of government just to eliminate most problems they are currently facing. The real problem about dictatorship is the dictator him/herself. It is almost impossible to identify whether a person is qualified to be a dictator, no matter how organized you do things, no matter how good you make yourself look in front of people, some will always think that behind the scenes you might be doing something evil and no one will ever be sure of what you're real intentions are except probably those close to you and yourself. Though in the end if you became a dictator you should at least be prepared for these things.

Whether an assassination of a dictator (good or bad) is morally justifiable or not, it will always be subjective. Though if you think that assassinating a dictator (assuming a bad one) will be for the better, then I believe it is justifiable in a sense, though in the end you will have to take responsibility for your crime, taking one's life will never be perfectly right but it can be entirely wrong.

TLDR; If a dictator became a greedy monster who thought he/she became a god, someone has to do it even if it means dirtying your own hands. And if that were to happen, count me in as someone who will think what you did is right. Lol.
Dec 23, 2015 5:05 AM

Apr 2015
FukoxHaruxHime said:
It is sad to think that some people think of dictatorship as a negative thing.
Cookies said:
Is the premeditated killing of an inhumane dictator
It isn't hard to read the OP.
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
Dec 23, 2015 5:16 AM
Jun 2013
Cookies said:
FukoxHaruxHime said:
Cookies said:

Sorry about that, I should have made it clear. I wasn't referring to op (you) when I said some, I was just stating my opinion about how I think dictatorship is seen by people in general.
Dec 23, 2015 11:54 AM

May 2015
Zefyris said:
^Assassinating a Tyrant (=tyrranicide) mostly lead to another tyrant or worse outcome across History. The roman empire history is full of such cases.
Revolutions have better results in average, but they are extremely bloody by themselves and is a blow against the regime rather than a blow against a specific tyrant, so that's logical .
The assassination of the disliked and hysterical Archduke Franz Ferdinand, heir to the throne and future tyrant himself, did even better : it directly led to one of the bloodiest event in the whole human history, IE the first world war.

Assassination seldom gives intended result. Assassinating a tyrant often leads to worse or not really better, and assassinating a well known good person (like Gandhi) makes him a martyr for others, actually enforcing his influence even more.

Some interesting points here. Regarding the Romans: Emperors were not assassinated with the purpose of improving conditions. They assassinated because someone else wanted the throne. It's not a good example.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Dec 23, 2015 12:25 PM

Feb 2015
Cookies said:
FukoxHaruxHime said:
Cookies said:

Inhumane is subjective and also what really would you know when you aren't even a member of the parliament?
Hello
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Fill this thread with the most questionable statement or two you can think of!

IAmOdie - Apr 20

40 by Soverign »»
10 minutes ago

» Planning a Spain Trip

redlockhigh - Apr 8

20 by LightWorker »»
38 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - 1 hour ago

3 by LightWorker »»
51 minutes ago

» Why should we have sympathy for drug addicts? ( 1 2 )

HarryRambod22 - Feb 10, 2022

67 by 88expert »»
2 hours ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

67 by vasipi4946 »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.