Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 15, 2015 7:41 AM

Dec 2013
So simply heres a topic to discuss your thoughts on each seasons. The ups and downs of season 1 and season 2.

My opinion is i like them both but season 1 the girls had more of a personality while season 2 they were just horny with no real character growth. It was sad to be honest like how in season 1 Yuki was more a warrior type but in season 2 shes just wants to do things with Basara. I think the characters were kind of ruined in season 2. Of course the fanservice was better in 2 and i liked the fighting but not enough character growth.
Dec 15, 2015 7:43 AM

Apr 2014
season 2 was always supposed to reach borderline hentai

i really can't put my input cuz i was one of the smart ones who decided to wait for the BDs to really experience it
Dec 15, 2015 9:42 PM

Aug 2013
I love both seasons. I agree that the two seasons had some problems but overall this series was never meant to be taking seriously especially since it's a harem series. Also to me in my opinion the characters personalities were not ruined in season 2 because Burst was mostly about Basara and Mio. Yuki is still the same warrior type and she's still part of the main cast but her role is reduced as a supporting role in season 2. Season 1 was adapted from vol. 1, 2, and 3 and Yuki was the main character in vol.2 because Yuki was in a difficult position because she had to choose either the Hero clan or Basara. Yuki is in the hero clan and being in the hero clan who have to do was right and protect the earth from demons and other things, plus Basara made his choice by leaving his hero days behind and decided to protect Mio (the demon lord daughter) because Basara wants nothing to do with the Hero clan who exiled him and he sees Mio and Maria as his family. And during the three vs. three battle Yuki made her choice and decided to betray the hero clan and help Basara because she knew if the hero clan kill Mio than it would made Basara create another great incident like five years ago. Yuki was the only person who believes in Basara and she knows the incident that happen five years ago was not Basara's fault, that's why Yuki was the main character in season 1. In season 2 Yuki's role was reduced because season 2 was adapted from vol. 4, 5, and 7 and Yuki doesn't play a role in vol. 4, 5 and 7 because Basara and Mio were the main characters in vol. 5 and 7; Mio was in a position to either become the demon lord or decided to stay in earth and live her life as a human while Basara still taking his role as Mio's protector but learning more about himself and learning about his two mothers. Also season 2 had ten episodes so to me ten episodes is not enough to give seven main characters some character development, and the writers had to cut some things from LN to cram everything they can to make ten episodes.
Dec 16, 2015 12:35 AM

Dec 2013
I love both seasons. I agree that the two seasons had some problems but overall this series was never meant to be taking seriously especially since it's a harem series. Also to me in my opinion the characters personalities were not ruined in season 2 because Burst was mostly about Basara and Mio. Yuki is still the same warrior type and she's still part of the main cast but her role is reduced as a supporting role in season 2. Season 1 was adapted from vol. 1, 2, and 3 and Yuki was the main character in vol.2 because Yuki was in a difficult position because she had to choose either the Hero clan or Basara. Yuki is in the hero clan and being in the hero clan who have to do was right and protect the earth from demons and other things, plus Basara made his choice by leaving his hero days behind and decided to protect Mio (the demon lord daughter) because Basara wants nothing to do with the Hero clan who exiled him and he sees Mio and Maria as his family. And during the three vs. three battle Yuki made her choice and decided to betray the hero clan and help Basara because she knew if the hero clan kill Mio than it would made Basara create another great incident like five years ago. Yuki was the only person who believes in Basara and she knows the incident that happen five years ago was not Basara's fault, that's why Yuki was the main character in season 1. In season 2 Yuki's role was reduced because season 2 was adapted from vol. 4, 5, and 7 and Yuki doesn't play a role in vol. 4, 5 and 7 because Basara and Mio were the main characters in vol. 5 and 7; Mio was in a position to either become the demon lord or decided to stay in earth and live her life as a human while Basara still taking his role as Mio's protector but learning more about himself and learning about his two mothers. Also season 2 had ten episodes so to me ten episodes is not enough to give seven main characters some character development, and the writers had to cut some things from LN to cram everything they can to make ten episodes.

Everytime i hear Basara talking about family i just ignore it. Familys dont have orgys. I still love the series but i tend to just ignore the family and incest parts and just pretend thats its not that when i watch it and instead see it as his harem are more like slave girlfriends to there master.
Dec 16, 2015 1:07 AM

Aug 2013
evildeadfan102 said:

Everytime i hear Basara talking about family i just ignore it. Familys dont have orgys. I still love the series but i tend to just ignore the family and incest parts and just pretend thats its not that when i watch it and instead see it as his harem are more like slave girlfriends to there master.

Like I said this series was not meant to be taking seriously. I don't see them as a real family, I see them as comrades. A very small army.
Dec 16, 2015 10:12 AM

May 2014
S1 was better
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Dec 16, 2015 6:22 PM

Jan 2014
evildeadfan102 said:

Everytime i hear Basara talking about family i just ignore it. Familys dont have orgys
Wise words...
Apr 15, 2016 3:03 PM
Mar 2016
Is there actually something been announced for season 3?

Didn't try to bother people to open a whole thread for this...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2015

81 by Lmonman »»
Jul 21, 2023 12:13 PM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2015

138 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 7, 2023 9:23 AM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2015

68 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 7, 2023 8:02 AM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2015

65 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 7, 2023 7:19 AM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2015

70 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 7, 2023 5:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.