Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 15, 2015 9:02 AM

Mar 2014
Use facts with reliable sources instead of opinions.
Dec 15, 2015 9:21 AM
Jul 2018
by making the person you are arguing with change their argument then watch the ship sink from there.
Dec 15, 2015 9:24 AM

Aug 2013
I prefer to get to a middle ground where both sides can acknowledge the other sides opinions rather than outright hate or deny them. Mutual respect is incredibly important especially around forums and we must cultivate it whenever possible. Ive seen what happens to forums when mutual respect isn't maintained....Jesus.
Dec 15, 2015 2:13 PM

May 2015
If someone makes a statement, and you provide evidence that proves it wrong, and they still insist they are right then they are not capable of thinking outside of their own little world. They honestly believe that their subjective opinion is the one objective truth. Arguing with them is like trying to hold a a train back with your bare hands, it doesn't work.

This is when I usually walk away from a discussion because you can't throw logic at stupid and make it smart, it just doesn't work.
Slightly Dangerous

Dec 15, 2015 2:34 PM

Jan 2014
Arguing on the Internet hardly ever changes anyone's minds. You tend to end up in a situation where both sides leave convinced that they won.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Dec 15, 2015 2:39 PM
Jul 2018
If you really wanna win over someone online, you get a third-party in to decide, like a jury.

Otherwise just
Dec 15, 2015 2:43 PM

Jun 2015
comparing ideas with the purpose of proving yourself right (arguing) is ridiculous and dosn't make much sense to do. Therefore I don't really argue about much.

I do enjoy, however, comparing ideas with the purpose of finding the whole truth, whether that means I'm wrong or not (dialectics).
Dec 15, 2015 2:58 PM

Mar 2014
Yes said:
Comic_Sans said:
It's impossible

Which is why users never will admit when I prove them wrong (aka in 99.5 % of all cases) and instead just try to excuse their bullshit reasoning and lose by saying "You're a shitposter so you're wrong, LOL"
When it comes to anime it's all subjective, because the medium as a whole is objectively shit.
It's subjective as long as the person who says it's subjective agrees with me because my opinion is always objectively correct
Imaishi said:
Comic_Sans said:
It's impossible

Which is why users never will admit when I prove them wrong (aka in 99.5 % of all cases) and instead just try to excuse their bullshit reasoning and lose by saying "You're a shitposter so you're wrong, LOL"

lol read the manga first -.-
Lol who do u think u r -.-
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Dec 15, 2015 3:03 PM

Nov 2011
sometimes there's no "right" or "wrong" answer. the argument will go back and forth ad infinitum.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Dec 15, 2015 3:15 PM
Dec 2015
Don't answer back and just stay expressionless. Don't show any emotion as people think you don't care about them. This way you won without even saying a word.
Dec 15, 2015 3:23 PM

Sep 2011
By default.
Have you cuddled yer spoon recently ?

Dec 15, 2015 3:24 PM

Sep 2009
I refer you to my signature, where I have provided a fail-safe method for winning debates online.
Losing an Argument online?

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."
"THANK YOU VERBOSE WEBPAGES OF QUESTIONABLE RELEVANCE!"

Dec 15, 2015 3:30 PM

May 2012
Make snarky remarks and passive aggressive comments to hide the fact that you are an idiot. Works for 99% of MAL.
Dec 15, 2015 3:34 PM

Jan 2015
By not having arguments, waste of time lol
Dec 15, 2015 3:43 PM

Dec 2015
I don't see a point in "trying to win an argument", cause if that person what to believe what he is believing in, you wont change it, and in the end, who said that what's for you right answer is the right answer for that person.
Of course if you are arguing about something like - the grass is green, or the skys blue, sure you can show other person facts, research and so on.

BUT I'm, unforunatly, one of those persons which likes to proof that they are right.
So I usually do like this :
Tell my point of view, Listen to others persons point of view, and than start to ask questions about his perspective, why this and why that, how this is connected with that and so on, and on his answers i feel where he is not sure, and then i start to ask more about exactly these weak points, when the person is in dead end, I start to move in with my point of view, slowly, something like that.
But sometimes there are persons with whom this isn't possible, because whey will answer questions without answer. Like
-Why do you think so?
-Because I do and that's it.

Then i know, that f.. that. It's pointless.
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
Dec 15, 2015 4:36 PM

Mar 2012
Dokubachi said:
By default.

Yes, I am CD 2.0's overlord.
Dec 15, 2015 4:45 PM
Feb 2014
PoeticJustice said:
Make snarky remarks and passive aggressive comments to hide the fact that you are an idiot. Works for 99% of MAL.

Dec 16, 2015 12:06 AM

May 2015
Caelidesu said:
If you mean on forums like these, the closest thing you can get to a 'win' is:
-getting the other person to blatantly contradict them-self
-getting the other person to rephrase their argument in such a way that it is reduced down to a simple logical error that anyone can spot
-an admission from a third party (that's not on your side) that the other person is getting rekt

Over 80% of arguments go literally nowhere. Some of them reach an impasse, which at its best case is when the two parties have resolved their differences down to having different definitions for a certain word.

Most arguments go nowhere, but if you got two intelligent people going at it it's not pointless. It may not conclude but the other person will say enough interestng stuff to make it informative.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Dec 16, 2015 12:25 AM

Oct 2011
When the other guy gets banned.
Dec 16, 2015 4:27 AM

Aug 2013
You can always go to the go to auto win. Just say you win and declare your opponent and idiot. That way you don't actually need to address any of their points or actually win you just say it and keep saying it and somehow that means you win.

This is how most mal arguments go:

Dec 16, 2015 5:09 AM

Mar 2015
Here are a few suggestions.

1. Compare the opponent to Nazis or Hitler

2. Call the oponent sexis, racist, Misogynist etc.

3. Repeat that you're not wrong over and over until the other person got bored. This tactic worked great for Immahnoob during his time here.
Dec 16, 2015 5:12 AM
Mar 2015
Yell louder than the other person
Dec 16, 2015 5:29 AM

Aug 2013
celty-dullahan said:
Tell my point of view, Listen to others persons point of view, and than start to ask questions about his perspective, why this and why that, how this is connected with that and so on, and on his answers i feel where he is not sure, and then i start to ask more about exactly these weak points, when the person is in dead end, I start to move in with my point of view, slowly, something like that.
I like to do this too. One, it makes it obvious that you're just looking for some discussion and not trying to cram anything down their throat. And two, asking them questions actually might make them think instead of just auto-firing their default opinions they've had since were like seven years old everywhere continuously.
Dec 17, 2015 9:15 AM

May 2015
Spooks said:
You can always go to the go to auto win. Just say you win and declare your opponent and idiot. That way you don't actually need to address any of their points or actually win you just say it and keep saying it and somehow that means you win.

This is how most mal arguments go:

Someone shoot Seth so this series will die already.
Dec 17, 2015 9:22 AM

May 2015
How to win an argument on the internet

Step 1 : Talk shit

Step 2 : If they try to back talk you keep talking shit

Step 3 : Tell them they got baited

Step 4 : You win because you got them good with that bait
Vishnu was trying to persuade the prince to do his duty, so to impress him he took on his multi armed form and said now I become death, the destroyer of worlds.
Dec 17, 2015 9:31 AM
Jul 2018
Facts are really the only concrete way. Because then it's not a matter of opinion. And even if they don't change their mind, they just look like ignorant assholes.
Dec 17, 2015 9:34 AM

Aug 2012
Laying out the facts of why I'm right and being stubborn as fck about it.
Dec 17, 2015 11:32 AM
Jul 2018
I use bricks.
Dec 17, 2015 11:36 AM

Nov 2015
Roll a natural 20 on your charisma checks

Vor uns liegt MAL, in uns marschiert MAL, und hinter uns, kommt MAL!
Dec 17, 2015 11:36 AM

Jan 2015
Just don't give a shit about what the other one is talking about, then you start insulting. At the end the person you are arguing with will be angry and you won't: Victory.
Dec 17, 2015 1:12 PM

Jun 2015
Gator said:
You have to be really loud when arguing.
Dec 17, 2015 1:13 PM

Mar 2015
Using big words normally do the trick. If not, I won't even bother arguing more. More = waste of my time
Dec 18, 2015 1:08 AM

May 2015
AltoRoark99 said:
Gator said:
You have to be really loud when arguing.

That shows that you're wrong and have no idea what you're talking about.
Dec 18, 2015 1:30 AM

Apr 2013
It's conditional. If it's an argument with a reasonable person, then I give them an argument, give them my supporting facts, then allow them to counter-argue and try my best to explain why their counter-argument won't happen.

If it's a stupid person, then I listen to them speak first, then record it so I can put it on YouTube later.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Dec 18, 2015 1:41 AM

May 2013
by blasting 'Head Cha La' at max volume from a boombox. Automatically win any argument.

I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Dec 18, 2015 12:36 PM

May 2009
I heard the best way to win one is to ask questions so they can see the flaw in what they said. The more you ask questions, the more they have to answer and if they can't actually defend what they are saying without resorting to insults or shit then you know you got them.
Dec 18, 2015 1:05 PM

Feb 2014
If you have a high persuasive power of speech , you can win any argument , as long as you don't have an argument with a mentally retarded person.
Dec 18, 2015 2:03 PM

Mar 2012
Verhus said:
If you have a high persuasive power of speech , you can win any argument , as long as you don't have an argument with a mentally retarded person.

damn this is like if socrates wrote a book about retarded people
Mayuka said:

did you call

holier than thou bitch right here

last.fm

Dec 18, 2015 2:05 PM

Sep 2009
Make complex fallacious arguments that make them feel stupid and confuse them into giving up.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Dec 18, 2015 2:33 PM

Dec 2014
In theory, can you win using argument?
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
Dec 18, 2015 3:06 PM

Jun 2015
"ur just trolling"
Dec 18, 2015 6:05 PM

Dec 2014
I don't win arguments.
Arguments win me.
Dec 18, 2015 6:05 PM
Jul 2015
You don't
arguing in general is a waste of time, the only winning move is to not do it
Dec 21, 2015 9:04 PM

Mar 2012
I'm a big fan of your twitter AntiBullyRanger!
Dec 21, 2015 9:06 PM

Sep 2013
loser: "wall of text"
winner: ok
Dec 21, 2015 11:25 PM

May 2015
ichii_1 said:
loser: "wall of text"
winner: ok

It's more like the opposite but okay!
Dec 22, 2015 12:39 AM

Jul 2015
"I been a1 since day 1 y'all boo boo."

They just /ff after that.
Dec 22, 2015 1:16 AM

Apr 2015
Sow em dis picture

WEABOO SCIENTIST
Dec 22, 2015 5:31 AM

Dec 2015
Here's how I'd go about it.
A. Winning an argument isn't about winning the argument. It's about reaching the most logical conclusion there is to the problem. You need to listen to your opposition's claims as much as you must make yours. It's okay to be wrong, learning is more productive any way.
B. Argue intellectually. Analyze the problem and come up with the most defense-worthy claims.
C. Never say something that's already been said unless you're deliberately quoting someone.
D. Rebut every opinion seriously. Nobody's opinion is any less worth being discussed just because they like SAO. (well, maybe...)
E. If you're arguing on a forum where your opinion is unpopular, sound less extremist, NEVER say something baselessly offensive. Of course, you might have to say something that comes offensive every once in a while, but only do so if you can justify why that was necessary. This will gain you popularity.
F. If you're talking to a bunch of losers whose most eloquent rebuttals are 'Because bitch, nobody gives a fuck what you think, ' know that the argument is not worth your time.
Dec 22, 2015 12:41 PM
Sep 2014
i've learned that the best way to win an argument is to say nothing. hahahah
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

68 by shadowdownfall »»
5 minutes ago

» I'm a coomer, but the important question is...

LenRea - 9 hours ago

7 by Zettaiken »»
28 minutes ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - 7 hours ago

4 by rho34 »»
40 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

58 by H-A-M-M-Y »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - 11 hours ago

13 by Spunkert »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.