Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 14, 2015 9:19 PM

Nov 2015
It's finally here : Orsted POV. It's funny to learn that he is actually a little afraid of Rudeus ! And Lara... a future sadistic kuudere !

Thanks to Pierlord
Dec 14, 2015 9:45 PM

Apr 2013
Thank Pielord sama. A true hero we need but do not deserve.

Gonna read this and come back later.
Dec 14, 2015 10:50 PM
Oct 2011
Cheddar Man!!!!

Makes you wonder the heck Rudeus tells his children as bedtime stories usually.

drkurochan said:
It's finally here : Orsted POV. It's funny to learn that he is actually a little afraid of Rudeus ! And Lara... a future sadistic kuudere !

Thanks to Pierlord
The best type.

Well the next chapter is really fun too so look forward to that guys.

Btw I wish there were more Orsted POVs. This chapter was great.
Dec 14, 2015 11:04 PM

Nov 2015
barmar said:
Cheddar Man!!!!

drkurochan said:

Thanks to Pierlord
The best type.

I am, above all, looking forward to know the biggest mystery of the redundancy volume : who will be Aisha's husband ??
Dec 14, 2015 11:26 PM
Oct 2011
Well we'll find that out when Aishas marriage story is released(Hopefully soon!)

So far we can only speculate, and its interesting when you consider her personality.

Ah and there's no "foreshadowing" here so to say as opposed to with Norn....Or is there?:D
barmarDec 14, 2015 11:38 PM
Dec 14, 2015 11:48 PM

Nov 2015
barmar said:
Well we'll find that out when Aishas marriage story is released(Hopefully soon!)

So far we can only speculate, and its interesting when you consider her personality.

Ah and there's no "foreshadowing" here so to say as opposed to with Norn....Or is there?:D

It's also interesting to guess what his children will become. I never expected Lara to be such an evil little girl. She could be a very funny MC. Sieg will probably be a superhero. Ars, a harem king, Lily a mad genius ^^. I wonder what kind of girl Christina will be.
Dec 15, 2015 6:12 AM
Oct 2011
drkurochan said:

It's also interesting to guess what his children will become. I never expected Lara to be such an evil little girl.
Same and lol her prank even surprised Orsted.
drkurochan said:

I wonder what kind of girl Christina will be.

There's always a spot for an Yandere!
Dec 15, 2015 9:01 AM

Nov 2015
barmar said:
drkurochan said:

It's also interesting to guess what his children will become. I never expected Lara to be such an evil little girl.
Same and lol her prank even surprised Orsted.
drkurochan said:

I wonder what kind of girl Christina will be.

There's always a spot for an Yandere!

Lol !
Dec 15, 2015 11:14 AM
Nov 2015
Well, Alek training with Seig is all fine. He just need to make sure his apprentice doesn't zerg through and fall into oblivion from a collapsing bridge because the enemy is on the other side cutting the ropes.

The little tidbit of Alek's background made me love his character more than before all thanks to Seig's passion. To bad we won't be seeing the kids in how they will grow up into splendid adults.

Lara that devil child, Hitogami is in the right to fear her and i'm overjoyed with that. Something tells me even Orsted to will have a hard time working with her in the future. Fearing assassins and apostles? Oh please, Orsted will never have a wink of sleep with her around pulling pranks, and just when he thought he was safe lol. Perish the thought. Rudeus doting on her isn't going to make it any better for his boss to.

Apparently Orsted agrees with me, that Rudeus is indeed of the three C's. Crazy, Crybaby, and a Coward. Alek to from his opinion of him.
AnimatteDec 15, 2015 11:48 AM
Dec 15, 2015 12:06 PM

Apr 2013
Man this novel always brings joy to my soul.

Sieg becoming an apprentice of Alek is actually a development I love. So far we can confirm that two swordsmen will be in the family (Ars and Sieg) with Ares maybe becoming a Sword God in the future (if Jino's and Nina's child doesn't take it).

And Lara is such a devious kid. I really wonder how she is going to become a "saviour" in the sequel.

But the best part of this chapter was Orsted. I feel like he will definitely get huge developments to his character in the sequel. The fact that he is getting slowly attached to the children already shows it. It just makes me anticipate the final fight against Hitogami even more.

Also:

drkurochan said:
barmar said:
Cheddar Man!!!!

The best type.

I am, above all, looking forward to know the biggest mystery of the redundancy volume : who will be Aisha's husband ??

I really want to know who Asiha's husband is. She was my favourite loli for the longest time in the series.
Dec 15, 2015 12:30 PM
Nov 2015
If the kids grow attached to Perugius then that won't sit well with Orsted since he will have to kill him. Killing him could sever his relationship with the children, and something tells me he hadn't told Perugius what happened to Mad Dragon King.

Words has it Aisha's future hubby will be probably be Alek.
You know, the Brain and Brawn set.
Of course these are the words of fans.
Dec 15, 2015 12:33 PM

Apr 2013
Animatte said:
If the kids grow attached to Perugius then that won't sit well with Orsted since he will have to kill him. Killing him could sever his relationship with the children, and something tells me he hadn't told Perugius what happened to Mad Dragon King.

They'll probably be more attached to Orsted since Rudeus is practically hanging out at the office everyday with him. Not to mention that Orsted is pretty much an established ally to the family.

I can totally see Aisha x Alek. They would be a funny duo actually.
Dec 15, 2015 9:23 PM

Nov 2015
hoopla123 said:
Animatte said:

They'll probably be more attached to Orsted since Rudeus is practically hanging out at the office everyday with him. Not to mention that Orsted is pretty much an established ally to the family.

It's clear that Orsted and Alek will protect the family without any ulterior motives. I also like how Orsted and Alek view Rudeus. That even though he isn't strong, they respect him.
I really laughed at that scene :

Ars will probably not participate in the second Laplace war as he will be to old. It would be his grand daughter Feris. So I'm waiting in the next chapter what kind of boy he is. However, Sieg could be here as he has some elf blood, so maybe he can live longer.

I don't see many candidates to be Aisha's husband. I just hope it won't be Perugius !
Dec 15, 2015 9:30 PM

Apr 2013
drkurochan said:
hoopla123 said:

It's clear that Orsted and Alek will protect the family without any ulterior motives. I also like how Orsted and Alek view Rudeus. That even though he isn't strong, they respect him.
I really laughed at that scene :

Ars will probably not participate in the second Laplace war as he will be to old. It would be his grand daughter Feris. So I'm waiting in the next chapter what kind of boy he is. However, Sieg could be here as he has some elf blood, so maybe he can live longer.

I don't see many candidates to be Aisha's husband. I just hope it won't be Perugius !

Oh god not Pergius.

That would be a family disaster in the making.

And yeah, just realized that the war is set wayyy back.

The one thing I love about this series is that my main Rudeus went from a shitty life to an actual fruitful one. He's changed a lot as a person over the course of the series. He is just like a normal father and husband.

I wish Paul was still alive, his reaction to Rudeus would be priceless ㅠㅠ.
Dec 15, 2015 10:15 PM
Nov 2015
hoopla123 said:

Oh god not Pergius.

The one thing I love about this series is that my main Rudeus went from a shitty life to an actual fruitful one. He's changed a lot as a person over the course of the series. He is just like a normal father and husband.

A normal father wouldn't consider kidnapping his daughter's potential mates and thoroughly disciplining them. Might I also add that they will have to take one of Eris's punch without losing consciousness.

A normal husband wouldn't set ablaze an entire forest because some no-name noble insulted one of his wives. (probably Roxy)

A sane man wouldn't worship a bloody piece of cloth, a wooden sword and unwashed panty as an object of divinity. Even as far as creating a cult centering around one person to whom he stole the panty from.

Rudeus is far from normal, though he deeply loves his family and i respect him for it, it doesn't change that he has a few screws loose. Seemingly his condition got way worst the moment Oldeus showed up and rocked his world.

EDIT: Volume 7 chpt 2 Raster Grizzly have been translated by World-Three. Donate Goats.
AnimatteDec 15, 2015 10:19 PM
Dec 15, 2015 10:30 PM

Apr 2013
Animatte said:
hoopla123 said:

Oh god not Pergius.

A normal father wouldn't consider kidnapping his daughter's potential mates and thoroughly disciplining them. Might I also add that they will have to take one of Eris's punch without losing consciousness.

A normal husband wouldn't set ablaze an entire forest because some no-name noble insulted one of his wives. (probably Roxy)

A sane man wouldn't worship a bloody piece of cloth, a wooden sword and unwashed panty as an object of divinity. Even as far as creating a cult centering around one person to whom he stole the panty from.

Rudeus is far from normal, though he deeply loves his family and i respect him for it, it doesn't change that he has a few screws loose. Seemingly his condition got way worst the moment Oldeus showed up and rocked his world.

EDIT: Volume 7 chpt 2 Raster Grizzly have been translated by World-Three. Donate Goats.

What I meant by a normal father/husband is someone that is just person that takes care of his family. As of right now, Rudeus just goes to the office and works while attending to his family every now and then.

Also, he did none of those actions that you have listed so your argument is invalid. Everyone has abnormal and exaggerated imaginations especially when they are angry. Doesn't mean they act on them. Besides the whole considering to kidnap was more of a gag than anything.

As for his fetish, that has nothing to do with his duties as a father or husband. That's just his like the word implies, a fetish.
Dec 15, 2015 10:39 PM

Nov 2015
Animatte said:
hoopla123 said:

Oh god not Pergius.

But, IT IS FUNNIER !

I've just finished to read the chapter 2 of vol 7. That was a great chapter. I just wonder what will Sara become... I don't think she will die, but...
Dec 15, 2015 10:51 PM
Nov 2015
hoopla123 said:

Also, he did none of those actions that you have listed so your argument is invalid. Everyone has abnormal and exaggerated imaginations especially when they are angry. Doesn't mean they act on them. Besides the whole considering to kidnap was more of a gag than anything.

As for his fetish, that has nothing to do with his duties as a father or husband. That's just his like the word implies, a fetish.

He did burnout an entire forest, as mentioned in his biography. if it's Rudeus, then kidnapping isn't exactly far fetched. He even challenged Orsted to a duel... TWICE, and one of the reason was for Norn's chastity. The whole thing is a gag to us, but not to him.

Its not a fetish, they are objects of worship and teachings. Some may make a connection between both, but not in Rudeus's case.

drkurochan said:

I've just finished to read the chapter 2 of vol 7. That was a great chapter. I just wonder what will Sara become... I don't think she will die, but...

Oh she won't die, but she is destined to be humiliated.
AnimatteDec 15, 2015 10:59 PM
Dec 15, 2015 11:06 PM

Apr 2013
Animatte said:
hoopla123 said:

He did burnout an entire forest, as mentioned in his biography. if it's Rudeus, then kidnapping isn't exactly far fetched. He even challenged Orsted to a duel... TWICE, and one of the reason was for Norn's chastity. The whole thing is a gag to us, but not to him.

Its not a fetish, they are objects of worship and teachings. Some may make a connection between both, but not in Rudeus's case.

drkurochan said:

First of all, that has nothing to do with the current Rudeus. And given his status and the world he is in, it is by no means abnormal for him to do it (when he does it in the future, not now).

As for the kidnapping thought? He didn't kidnap little children and torture them. End of story.

There is nothing wrong with a man risking his life for his family. And duels were the norm to settle personal disputes whether big or small in the medieval ages which is pretty much the MT-verse + magic and fantasy.

If Rudeus killed someone over a joke, abused his children and harem, that would be a different story.

And the whole worshiping the three goddesses thing is obviously a gag made by the author... If you can't understand that well... I got nothing to say lmao.
Dec 15, 2015 11:12 PM

Nov 2015
Animatte said:
hoopla123 said:

drkurochan said:

Yeah, I know she is supposed to be the girl he met and won't be able to cure his ED. We know what Suzanne will married another adventurer (IIRC), will have children and stop being an adventurer. But we never knew about Sara's futur. My question was will she simply leave their country ? will she get married with someone else ?
Dec 15, 2015 11:24 PM
Nov 2015
hoopla123 said:

First of all, that has nothing to do with the current Rudeus. And given his status and the world he is in, it is by no means abnormal for him to do it (when he does it in the future, not now).

As for the kidnapping thought? He didn't kidnap little children and torture them. End of story.

There is nothing wrong with a man risking his life for his family. And duels were the norm to settle personal disputes whether big or small in the medieval ages which is pretty much the MT-verse + magic and fantasy.

If Rudeus killed someone over a joke, abused his children and harem, that would be a different story.

And the whole worshiping the three goddesses thing is obviously a gag made by the author... If you can't understand that well... I got nothing to say lmao.

Well i guess he also didn't kidnap Rinia and Pursena.

I'm not saying its all that strange to solve conflicts with duels, since almost everybody in MT world are doing it. However what could've been solved by talking it through, also seeing it as it was an misunderstanding, he instead immediately jumped straight into a dual. In this case, against someone he nearly died to twice, and its Orsted for goodness sake.

The three goddesses worshipping thing maybe a gag, but it has a meaning to his character.

I'm also not saying it is wrong for a man to risk his life for his family. The thing is, like i said, he has a few screws loose. If you misunderstood that then I guess I too got nothing to say after this.

AnimatteDec 15, 2015 11:28 PM
Dec 15, 2015 11:29 PM

Apr 2013
Animatte said:
hoopla123 said:

Well i guess he also didn't kidnap Rinia and Pursena.

I'm not saying its all that strange to solve conflicts with duels, since almost everybody in MT world are doing it. However what could've been solved by talking it through, also seeing it as it was an misunderstanding, he instead immediately jumped straight into a dual. In this case, against someone he nearly died to twice, and its Orsted for goodness sake.

I'm also not saying it is wrong for a man to risk his life for his family. The thing is, like i said, he has a few screws loose. If you misunderstood that then I guess I too got nothing to say after this.

That's just his nature. He is someone who will do anything for his family. That isn't abnormal by any means.

And you can't compare young Rudy kidnapping Rinia and Pursena to adult Rudy kidnapping children that are the same age as his child and torturing them...

I never said Rudeus was the smartest person, I said that he was a normal husband/father which he is. Certainly not someone like Paul in the series who can be viewed as an abnormal husband (cheated) and father (had good intentions but expressed them poorly).
Dec 15, 2015 11:53 PM
Nov 2015
drkurochan said:
Yeah, I know she is supposed to be the girl he met and won't be able to cure his ED. We know what Suzanne will married another adventurer (IIRC), will have children and stop being an adventurer. But we never knew about Sara's futur. My question was will she simply leave their country ? will she get married with someone else ?

hopefully we will get a side story, maybe in one of Rudeus's business trips in the upcoming lightnovel releases.

hoopla123 said:

That's just his nature. He is someone who will do anything for his family. That isn't abnormal by any means.

And you can't compare young Rudy kidnapping Rinia and Pursena to adult Rudy kidnapping children that are the same age as his child and torturing them...

I never said Rudeus was the smartest person, I said that he was a normal husband/father which he is. Certainly not someone like Paul in the series who can be viewed as an abnormal husband (cheated) and father (had good intentions but expressed them poorly).

15, he is an adult.

Even if a kid were to kidnap someone (in a serious sense, not fooling around), it wouldn't make the situation less severe. In fact, you can see it just as troubling compare to an adult doing it. However since this is used as a gag, and we all know Rudeus, then it's something i can easily laugh off.

I understand that he is someone who will do anything for his family, but he got to slow down. Like damn, sit down, have tea and talk like he normally does. Well, not that i really want to, its that part of his craziness that makes me like him all the more.
Dec 16, 2015 12:16 AM

Apr 2013
Animatte said:
drkurochan said:

hopefully we will get a side story, maybe in one of Rudeus's business trips in the upcoming lightnovel releases.

hoopla123 said:

15, he is an adult.

Even if a kid were to kidnap someone (in a serious sense, not fooling around), it wouldn't make the situation less severe. In fact, you can see it just as troubling compare to an adult doing it. However since this is used as a gag, and we all know Rudeus, then it's something i can easily laugh off.

I understand that he is someone who will do anything for his family, but he got to slow down. Like damn, sit down, have tea and talk like he normally does. Well, not that i really want to, its that part of his craziness that makes me like him all the more.

15 years old is nowhere near to being an adult.

And Rinia/Pursena were around his age when that happened. He was doing it to teach them a lesson.

As for adult Rudeus kidnapping little kids the age of his daughter, that is a much more severe offense...

Rudeus is by far one of the most normal people in the entire MT-verse. Other than his perverted fetishes of course.
Dec 16, 2015 12:38 AM
Nov 2015
hoopla123 said:

And Rinia/Pursena were around his age when that happened. He was doing it to teach them a lesson.

As for adult Rudeus kidnapping little kids the age of his daughter, that is a much more severe offense...

Rudeus is by far one of the most normal people in the entire MT-verse. Other than his perverted fetishes of course.

Rudeus is by far THE most abnormal one in the whole MT world. He was, quite literally, born with problems. That is what makes him fit in so perfectly in MT. Everybody has a few quirks and flaws, but Rudeus takes the cake in quality and quantity. I can list several of such instances starting from 12-40 yr olds to traps. The Asuran nobles got nothing on him.

In MT, 15 is an age of adulthood. That is just how society will see them as, our logic doesn't apply here. Mental growth won't even matter at this point. Though he had matured quite a bit and is independent.

hoopla123 said:

Who said anything about kids? Marriage partners i meant, i may have brought this misunderstanding.
Though Lucy's time with Clive seems to be rubbing him the wrong way....

EDIT
AnimatteDec 16, 2015 12:45 AM
Dec 16, 2015 1:02 AM

Apr 2013
Animatte said:
hoopla123 said:

Rudeus is by far THE most abnormal one in the whole MT world. He was, quite literally, born with problems. That is what makes him fit in so perfectly in MT. Everybody has a few quirks and flaws, but Rudeus takes the cake in quality and quantity. I can list several of such instances starting from 12-40 yr olds to traps. The Asuran nobles got nothing on him.

In MT, 15 is an age of adulthood. That is just how society will see them as, our logic doesn't apply here. Mental growth won't even matter at this point. Though he had matured quite a bit and is independent.

hoopla123 said:

Who said anything about kids? Marriage partners i meant, i may have brought this misunderstanding.
Though Lucy's time with Clive seems to be rubbing him the wrong way....

EDIT

Woops I misread your post on the kidnapping part.

I thought you were talking about the chapters where Lucy goes to school and Rudy stalks her to make sure no one is bullying/harassing her.

But like I said in my previous post. He never actually did it so yeah. And the whole father wanting to evaluate their daughter's potential husband through a duel or fight is a common trope in anime/manga/LN/VN.

As for Rudy? Outside of his sexual fetishes he is by far one of the most normal characters personality wise in MT. There are way more idiots and crazy characters for him to be the most abnormal. Not even close.

More topics from this board

» So about the ending [SPOILER ALERT]

NiQ1 - Mar 4

10 by Azuchi »»
Mar 21, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Volume 24 Discussion (END) ( 1 2 )

-Karoshi- - Apr 4, 2015

70 by Junichi_Hashiba »»
Mar 20, 1:30 PM

» why the LN changed volume numbers?

TierraRobada - Feb 29

1 by Roy2Epic »»
Mar 1, 3:34 AM

» "Mushoku Tensei" LN Series by Yuka Fujikawa, Rifujin na Magonote has 14.85 million copies (including Manga, Spin-offs, Digital) in circulation.

deg - Feb 21

15 by _gt_ohn »»
Feb 29, 6:30 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Volume 11 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Aug 8, 2014

17 by TierraRobada »»
Feb 23, 1:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.