Forum Settings
Forums
New
Kuroko no basket or diamond no ace
Dec 13, 2015 8:32 AM
May 2015
Can't decide which one to watch. Just curious how realistic are they? I understand they are sports anime, but which has a better story?
Dec 13, 2015 8:36 AM

Feb 2013
Haven't seen Diamond no ace but if you want realism KnB turns like DBZ by the second season lol still its a really awesome sports anime.

Dec 13, 2015 8:38 AM

Aug 2015
Daiya No Ace all the way !!!!!!
Kuroko no basuke is just a fujoshit crap.. you know pretty boys with super powers playing basketball
Dec 13, 2015 8:45 AM

Feb 2013
MeinKaiser said:
Kuroko no basuke is just a fujoshit crap.. you know pretty boys

Like Diamon no ace isn't the same lol

Dec 13, 2015 9:06 AM

Aug 2015
badwolf45f said:
MeinKaiser said:
Kuroko no basuke is just a fujoshit crap.. you know pretty boys

Not as much as KNB... i mean KNB have this yaoi bait dialogue..
for example when Kuroko said he will become kagami shodow... that was a love confession dude

and when kagami told kuroko to hold on to his necklace ? am not sure what was it either but boy that was disgusting.
Dec 13, 2015 9:20 AM

Aug 2015
I've watched both.

Kuroko ends in season 3 with a total of 75 episodes while Diamond no Ace is still ongoing (Season 1 ends with 75 episodes and season 2 is currently at episode 36)

If you're looking for realistic then Diamond no Ace won because Kuroko no Basket has super powers while Diamond no Ace is just a visual effect.

and for the Story i can't decide which is better because both are very good.

i suggest you to watch both but starts with which sport you liked better, basketball or baseball? because they are very different.
Dec 13, 2015 9:35 AM

Sep 2012
They are kinda same-y to be honest, both with characters and storytelling, even art. The biggest difference, I guess, is that KnB uses some weird "superpowers-grounded-in-reality" deal which makes no sense while DnA is actually a bit more grounded. Both are enjoyable enough though, especially to the eyes. Don't expect much in the terms of story, it's mostly just fun. As for which one? Just choose which sport you prefer, I guess.
Dec 13, 2015 10:07 AM
Nov 2012
If you want realism then go with Diamond no Ace. I also found the characters in DnA more down-to-earth and relatable.
Overall I prefer Diamond no Ace but I also enjoyed KnB (the super powers thing was kinda hilarious lol and the games were pretty intense). Y'know taste is subjective so maybe you should try both.
Dec 13, 2015 10:21 AM

Dec 2015
MeinKaiser said:
badwolf45f said:

Not as much as KNB... i mean KNB have this yaoi bait dialogue..
for example when Kuroko said he will become kagami shodow... that was a love confession dude

and when kagami told kuroko to hold on to his necklace ? am not sure what was it either but boy that was disgusting.

Lol the meeting between Miyuki and Sawamura in the first episode was pretty much a shoujo meeting. The creator even joked once about it seeming like that. But as you said, it doesn't have it as much as KnB does.

But anyways, you should definitely watch Diamond no Ace. I love Kuroko no Basketball, but I extremely liked Diamond no Ace. It had great characters, realistic games, and some funny moments too. It already has a second season out right now.
Dec 13, 2015 10:37 AM

Sep 2007
Both are excellent portrayals of what are essentially dull sports. I prefer KnB.

Dec 13, 2015 1:02 PM

Aug 2015
They are both excellent.. you can't go wrong with either

My vote goes for 'Kuroko no basket' for 1 reason

You can marathon it

More topics from this board

» Series with cute clothing and art style?

StrawberryBlxxd - Apr 16

12 by boguda »»
3 hours ago

» Best mystery/detective series I haven't seen yet?

Curlybrace101 - Apr 4

10 by boguda »»
3 hours ago

» Recommend me an anime based on my favorites!

iamnottesslol - Apr 21

10 by boguda »»
3 hours ago

» if anyone is into some messed up manhwas read I Tamed My Ex-Husband's Mad Dog

Rijouku - Apr 1

2 by Rijouku »»
5 hours ago

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - Yesterday

4 by Zarutaku »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.