Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 12, 2015 4:25 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh shit, Gohan's rage. His power up rage isn't as intense from the Cell Saga or when Krillin was killed though imo although still somewhat intense. I feel like they dragged the episode a bit though. At least Goku and Vegeta finally arrived no time...

Ha that "fight" didn't last long at all.
Vegeta one shot KO. Also didn't take long for Frieza to transform again but I think Goku's also ready to kick some ass.
Dec 12, 2015 4:28 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I wonder what was said while Gohan was powering up.....Either way this episode was okay I suppose

However I didn't like how they undermined everyone else's roles in this and let Frieza be the one to kill most of the people in his army....A lot of the changes from the film has been pretty bad imo
Dec 12, 2015 7:00 PM

Feb 2015
Wow I have to be honest I wasn't going to give so much of a damn if gohan botches this up but after seeing what transpire in this episode I legitimately feel really sorry for Gohan, I mean i've never seen him look so helpless ever since dbz when recoome snapped his neck and that was when he was only what? the age of 6 thats seems very traumatic for someone like him at this point on now to go through.

piccolo death geez that had a good amount of weight to it.

It actually had a lot of impact when you see gohan eyes it just looked completely hollow even when he trying his best to reclaim his peak of power it gave way, that unfortunately is now lost.

I believe we can lay to rest that gohan needs to stop being a fighter now.
Just hang up the gloves gohan you did what you could.
Dec 12, 2015 7:22 PM

Jan 2015
Gohan was able to reach his father so he could instant transport himself and Vegeta to Earth instead of half an hour at Whiss's Lightspeed.
Dec 12, 2015 7:51 PM
Dec 2015
Gohan powered up and got put in his place within seconds.Hopefully the fight vs frieza won't have a lot of filler.And I also watched the full episode here:http://vodlocker.com/8vzmloy4vkkj
Dec 12, 2015 9:52 PM
Oct 2012
Ugh, so little happening, next episode will be another drag.

I cried when Ginyu died.
Dec 13, 2015 5:33 AM

Aug 2010
I was wondering what'll happen with all the left fodder in the Frieza army. Turns out he just wipes them out lol

Gohan powering up to let Goku sense him being the most he can do is pathetic as usual. Hopefully this'll make him go back to training.

Ginyu wiped out in an instant was so hilarious
Dec 13, 2015 7:33 AM

Jan 2012
23. The Earth and Gohan in Dire Peril! Come Quick, Son Goku!
Original Airdate: December 13, 2015

Piccolo has died, killed while protecting Gohan. As Bulma wonders where they could be at a time like this, Goku and Vegeta continue training. When Beerus, still eating pizza, runs out Whis explains he brought more, but it's in his staff. Beerus demands he retreive it, ending Goku and Vegeta's training early. Whis heals them, while Beerus is stunned to learn they ate all the pizza. After some comedic chasing Whis finally contacts Bulma, who explains the desperate situation on earth. It will take 35 minutes for them to get there, unless Goku uses Instant Transmission. However, he can't lock onto a powerful enough ki. Gohan laments Piccolo's loss, feeling it his fault for not continuing his training, but Krillin says there was nothing wrong with his desire to settle down and start a family. Gohan is able to briefly become Super Saiyan in his injured state. It's enough for Goku and Vegeta to reach earth, saving him from a fatal attack from Frieza. Goku reassures his son that Piccolo will be revived with the Namekian Dragon Balls. He takes his body to Dende. Frieza notes the technique Goku uses as being from Planet Yardrat. Goku and Vegeta demand Goten and Trunks leave while Krillin gives Gohan a senzu bean. Frieza mentions his time in hell, but Goku brushes him off: his death was his own fault. Goku and Vegeta learn of Ginyu's reappearance. Vegeta kills him, quickly. Frieza is impressed, but mentions he has trained hard for his revenge. He powers up to his final form, killing all of his henchmen but Sorbet. Goku notes that Frieza has indeed gotten stronger, but so has he. He claims he won't even need Super Saiyan to win!

Wow Piccolo...surprised he died. That certainly wasn't in the film. With this he has died as many times as Krillin. I wonder if Gohan will resume training after this...probably not. :D I liked how Frieza knew about Instant Transmission. It makes sense given his galactic empire. With Ginyu's death Vegeta has now killed all 5 of the Ginyu Force...better late than never. :D Cool Vegeta moment, if a bit anticlimactic. Well it looks like the big fight is ready to begin at last...next week! :D

Rating: 7/7

This Week in Buu: Does not appear.

Did You Notice?: You might be asking about a potential plot hole: Piccolo has never been revived by Shenron before, so why would they need to use Namek's Dragon Balls? Well earth's were used recently, so there is still a cooldown in effect.

Next: Goku vs. Frieza Begins...For Real! :D
Dec 13, 2015 8:04 AM

Dec 2015
Liked this episode. Got straight to the point, just what I was hoping for. Vegeta did good as well by killing Ginyu (All of them, now that I think about it) and talking down on Frieza. Hopefully Gohan trains again (Well, everyone)

ALSO! (READ)

Did any one notice that Bulmas' Ice cream melted when she was hiding under that spaceship(Car) while Frieza was powering up? I wonder what'll Beerus and Whis think about that when or if they get there xD
I ship @Cewkie and @DarkZeroCalibur
Dec 13, 2015 8:59 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Picollo dies to save Gohan. If only the Black Star Dragonballs were good, it would save time instead of going to New Namek and revive Picollo from there.

As for Gohan, there comes a time where you have to reconsider your current lifestyle. Had he not stopped training he probably would have been a match for Freeza. Now he's just not powerful enough to help out in serious moments. I feel like his SSJ 1 form got real low, probably as low as Cell's. Gohan can always resume training, he just needs to make time.

I like how Vegeta had his moment. Kills Ginyu.

Didn't Goku kill Recoome? I don't remember Vegeta killing Recoome since he got tossed aside during their fight and then Goku lands on Namek.

Freeza transforms in front of Goku. That was some intense power. Being able to kill his own men by simply powering up, Amazing. I think this is the first time Goku has ever seen Freeza in his first form.

Dec 13, 2015 10:45 AM

Jun 2013
Frieza: "Where is Goku?"
Gohan: "He's not here yet!"

*Kills Picollo*

Frieza: "WHERES GOKU!?!?"
Gohan "WHAAAAAAAAA!!!!"

*Goku and Vegeta shows up*

Goku: "Here I am"
Ginyu: "Lets go!"

*Vegeta one shots Ginyu*

Vegeta: "Let's go"

*Frieza transforms*

Frieza: "Let's go!"
Goku: "Let's go!"
Frieza: "LET'S GO!!!"
Goku: "LET'S GO!!!!!!!!"

*To be continued*
Dec 13, 2015 10:49 AM

Sep 2014
Could it be the rebirth of badass gohan ? I mean it could happen he said if I had trained I could protect evryone but even if it happens I dont know how they will connect him to the manga you know with the Champa arc there
Dec 13, 2015 10:58 AM

Jan 2012
SweetKotomi said:

Didn't Goku kill Recoome? I don't remember Vegeta killing Recoome since he got tossed aside during their fight and then Goku lands on Namek.

Goku just knocks him and Burter out. At which point Vegeta stomps on Burter's neck and fires a powerful energy attack on the defenseless Recoome, killing both.
Dec 13, 2015 11:39 AM

Jul 2012
Gohan did his best holding out until Goku and Vegeta got there.

I wonder how long they will drag out the Revenge of Freeze arc?

~Great episode!!!
Dec 13, 2015 12:30 PM

Apr 2014
It's not so difficult to sucrfice yourself when you know you will be revived.
"You don't become Hokage in order to be acknowledged by the village.
The one who is acknowledged by everyone, is the one who becomes Hokage."
Uchiha Itachi, Naruto Shippuden
Dec 13, 2015 12:47 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
neonBdragon said:
Gohan did his best holding out until Goku and Vegeta got there.

I wonder how long they will drag out the Revenge of Freeze arc?

~Great episode!!!

Hmm, I think 2 episodes more would be enough. The next arc could start around Ep 27. So Ep 25 could be the end to the FnF arc. 2 filler episodes next and 1 set up episode for the next arc.

Dec 13, 2015 1:09 PM

Jul 2015
Hahah, well Vegeta doesn't like to waste his time for weaklings ^^

And the big battle is about to begin. I just hope it won't take like 50 fucking episodes to finish their fight.
Dec 13, 2015 2:50 PM

Feb 2015
Well, im guessing 2 or 3 eps to finish this Arc.
The episode was ok.
A true man never dies.
Dec 13, 2015 3:11 PM

Feb 2013
Overall good episode - will always get love from me because of child hood nostalgia. I kinda feel sorry for Gohan but he had to know that the choices he made would lead to him being a weaker fighter. The other Z-fighters should have recognized this since they can sense each others Ki.. Why has no one approached Buu to be a Z fighter. I don't think he is a total idiot and has become comfortable enough on Earth now? I know Goku is the hero of the story but I love the way Vegita handles things...
Dec 13, 2015 4:02 PM
Jul 2018
Ginyu got wiped out by Vegeta in an instant!

Frieza killed all his soldiers because he wants to show his power!
Dec 13, 2015 4:14 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
tonydaletony said:
Overall good episode - will always get love from me because of child hood nostalgia. I kinda feel sorry for Gohan but he had to know that the choices he made would lead to him being a weaker fighter. The other Z-fighters should have recognized this since they can sense each others Ki.. Why has no one approached Buu to be a Z fighter. I don't think he is a total idiot and has become comfortable enough on Earth now? I know Goku is the hero of the story but I love the way Vegita handles things...

They were going to ask Buu to help out but he was like in hibernation status.

Dec 13, 2015 4:42 PM

Apr 2014
So Gohan did a power up so Goku can sense his ki and come back...hm not a bad idea.
Frieza transformed and kill all his soldiers, haha
Now the real fun begin.
Dec 13, 2015 5:19 PM
Apr 2014
They sure made a big deal about Frieza going into his "final" form
Vegeta one shoting Ginyu like nothing, how cruel.
Who fucking cares if anyone dies in DB, they have dragon balls. Dying in DB is the equivalent of taking a nap... a long nap.
Super Saiyan Blue already? cool let's move on to universe 6 already. Next episode looks pretty correctly animated from the preview
Alright time for a joke

Dec 13, 2015 7:41 PM

Jan 2015
Grat episode! Ginyu being killed by Vegeta that way was awesome!
I thought that Freeza was going to power up to his golden form in this ep; and yeah... Piccolo dying isn't a big deal, since they got the dragon balls anyway...
Dec 13, 2015 10:19 PM
Jun 2011
DeathProxy said:
Grat episode! Ginyu being killed by Vegeta that way was awesome!
I thought that Freeza was going to power up to his golden form in this ep; and yeah... Piccolo dying isn't a big deal, since they got the dragon balls anyway...
at least we will see goku god blue form next week. that mean we not far from golden frieza
Dec 13, 2015 10:33 PM

Aug 2014
lol at how fast Vegeta killed of Ginyu XD

But Super Saiyan Blue? Wtf? Are we gonna get a Super Saiyan Rainbow eventually? Well next episode is interesting atleast.
Dec 13, 2015 11:20 PM

Jan 2009
bye bye Ginyu you died fast lol
and next week is Super Saiyan Blue already? that was fast looks like this arc will not reach episode 30
Dec 13, 2015 11:44 PM

Aug 2012
Well cya Ginyu, didn't last very long.
Dec 14, 2015 12:30 AM

Dec 2012
But that's not his final form!

Dec 14, 2015 6:04 AM

Apr 2011
So they brought Ginyu back just to kill him.
Dec 14, 2015 8:12 AM

Oct 2008
Goku doesn't even need to super saiyan mode!
I'm a bit hypes of the blue hair cuz I haven't seen the movie...hehehe
nice one Bulma! you said "Asshole Freeza" what a great insult to Freeza!
Goku's faster than the fastest traveler in their universe! which is Whis.
good call on what Gohan did! he busted all of his power so that Goku could reach his ki.
LOL at Vegeta! he doesn't want to hold hands with Goku!
What a very easy deflect bu Goku! and at LAST they've finally met again!!!
LOL at what Goten said: "you're about to beat Freeza" since both Trunks & Goten want to watch!
LOL Freeza mention again that SWEET hell!
Vegeta again was so brutal in killing Ginyu! cool!
Really hype on the power of Goku that's Beyond Gods!
5/5!

Dec 14, 2015 1:00 PM

Feb 2015
almost an unnecessary episode, just build up for the Goku vs. Freeza fight.
Dec 14, 2015 4:55 PM

Jun 2015
Pretty ok ep, not much action.
Dec 15, 2015 8:01 AM
Jul 2014
Pretty good episode. Didin´t happen that much but the next couple of chapters will probably be more eventful. 7/10
CrocoflamingoDec 15, 2015 8:06 AM
Dec 15, 2015 9:21 AM

Jun 2013
well Ginyu is gone
Dec 16, 2015 12:22 PM
Feb 2015
ZOMG! Ginyu is finally dead.
And wow Frieza killed all his soldiers by just transforming. That's intense.
Dec 18, 2015 3:30 AM
Jul 2018
Shit animation, shit action scenes and shit comedy. No redeeming qualities whatsoever. 0/5
Dec 18, 2015 9:42 AM

Apr 2013
THAT'S NOT EVEN HIS FINAL FORM!!!
Yeah boring shit.
Dec 19, 2015 12:29 AM

Dec 2015
Great episode !
Excited for the next one ;)
Dec 24, 2015 12:06 AM

Dec 2014
ok killing ginyu to lessen disruption of the story and I was expecting frieza's gold form this episode
Apr 6, 2016 8:01 PM

Sep 2013
best episode so far
wow
Jun 11, 2016 1:23 PM

Nov 2013
Aww...I wish they had made Gohan just a bit stronger...I know he hasn't trained at all for a long time but he's still half Saiyan...

Vegeta killing Ginyu was amazing *-*. It was already too much Ginyu in the last episode, it was time for him to go XD.
Jun 29, 2016 2:04 AM

Jun 2009
animefan8800 said:
SweetKotomi said:

Goku just knocks him and Burter out. At which point Vegeta stomps on Burter's neck and fires a powerful energy attack on the defenseless Recoome, killing both.

Ah, I forgot how much of a dick Vegeta used to be.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 3, 2016 6:37 PM

Mar 2010
Goku needs to be more humbe, actually he just needs to go to his last form already, though I guess its a test of stamina.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 25, 2017 10:32 PM

Mar 2016
Just a solid build-up episode before the fight between Frieza and Goku. Should be a pretty epic fight but Goku will probably beat him fairly easy considering how much stronger he is now...that is unless Frieza has really gotten that much stronger.
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jan 28, 2021 5:43 AM

Jun 2019
Can't believe that's the same Gohan who defeated Cell as a little kid. This goes to show you how much training do they actually need.
May 6, 2021 8:38 PM

Jan 2010
Now that I think about it, the Super version of Resurrection F feels like a rehash of the Saiyan and Namakian saga. An alien force aligned with Frieza heads to Earth while Goku is off planet. The crew tries to buy time while Goku tries to get back, but they get handily destroyed, which includes Piccolo getting killed by protecting Gohan. Not only that, but the callback to Vegeta taking on Ginyu, mercilessly killing him just like the Ginyu Force, and having Goku calling Vegeta out on using lethal force. I get that this is all a callback to DBZ, as well as a way to forcibly get Gohan back into fighting shape, but it does feel like old DBZ fans are being targeted here. Then again, I almost got wrapped up with the reminiscing. I thought Piccolo was actually done for, as I forgot that Dende was Earth's guardian. I forgot for a moment that this wasn't the Saiyan saga and the Dragon Balls weren't linked to Piccolo/Kami anymore.

As an aside though, I always thought Frieza going final form immediately was amusing, as the show assumes viewers no longer care about his intermediate forms anymore.
ShockedMay 6, 2021 8:42 PM
Jan 21, 2022 10:21 PM
Apr 2021
It was last year that i watched dragon ball original and then read it and after that dragon ball z came for me which made it my favourite series. I was so excited to watch dragon ball super and when i did they trashed all the things that was there to loved by me for this series and now i have to say this is the worst anime that i ever watched. It made me remove goku and vegeta from my fav list in just a mere 20 episodes.
Dec 9, 2022 11:37 PM

Nov 2020
I forgot about Ginyu. It seems like he strikes again with his ability.

Apr 17, 2023 4:29 PM
Oct 2019
fan service literally
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

96 by TheColonel76 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

57 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 62 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2016

93 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 18, 10:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.