Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 12, 2015 6:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ha, Tohka can be such a silly girl sometimes.

Episode felt kinda slow but whatever, we got some more gossip about Stella. The pacing felt kinda odd.
Ikki's testimony was somewhat tense to watch I guess. His experiences up to this point shows a more emotional side of his character.
Dec 12, 2015 6:26 AM

Nov 2015
Oh Ikki, your poor lad. You family really don't like you for trying to be someone.

That Touka ED card, mannnnnn.

They played a lot with colors this episode, the black/red segment with Ikki's father was a bit tense.
Dec 12, 2015 6:30 AM

Nov 2013
T-that was some unexpected SHAFT out of nowhere
God, poor Ikki. His mind has ben completely broken by the truth..

GethemalotDec 12, 2015 6:50 AM
Dec 12, 2015 6:34 AM
Dec 2011
Anyone noticed the GA Bunko novels there, especially the new novel from the author?
I knew they would put that kiss scene in the beginning.
Dec 12, 2015 6:43 AM

Mar 2012
Something is definitely broken.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Dec 12, 2015 7:02 AM

Nov 2014
Dec 12, 2015 7:07 AM

Sep 2013
Just when you think things are looking up for Ikki ...something like THAT happens.
Dec 12, 2015 7:55 AM

Feb 2008
Well he got all hope from Stella and later he got broken after he meet his father.
Broken is for real

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Dec 12, 2015 10:13 AM

Sep 2010
TwilightMystery said:
It was pretty brutal how one single sentence from Ikki's dad completely destroyed Ikki's accomplishments so far. But it's not all bad I hope, since he has Stella and she can be his new reason.

P.S. Shizuku is not going to take this lying down. Dad better watch out for her revenge.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Dec 12, 2015 10:47 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
My goodness that episode was so powerful.....

For an episode without much action I dare say that this was probably the best one so far....The beginning scene with Ikki and Stella sharing another kiss was really beautiful and I loved it

Toudo in the otherhand made me really feel confident when I say that she is best girl....Not only is her battle prowess just out of this world and that she has amazing abilities, but her personality was just so sweet and personally for me, genuinely nice and selfless characters like her just makes me smile and seeing her with those kids was just perfect - Interesting and nice story about how she changed the vice president too

However shit got real in the second half and it really made me mad to see how Ikki and Stella's relationship got exposed like that and how they got treated like crap plus Ikki's dad and his cunt henchman arresting Ikki and having him to through that trauma of finding out that his dad is worse than scum and that his reason for fighting is pointless

This is just really messed up and locking him up for 10 days and having the media tarnish his name is just cruel.....But alas, this where Ikki and Stella prove that they're the best couple of 2015 and seeing those two keep pushing on for each other no matter what was great

This is going to be one hell of a finale now that Ikki has to fight Raikiri in the mental state that he is in and I'm just curious to see how this will end

Amazing episode overall snd the production value for this episode was just 1000/10....Everything from the visuals, the voice acting, the time, the atmosphere, the OST and the pacing was just top notch
TokoyaDec 12, 2015 11:20 AM
Dec 12, 2015 10:52 AM

Jan 2012
I...I don't even know what to say about this. I have no understanding as to why Ikki had to endure any of that. I hafta think the source material explained it better.
Dec 12, 2015 10:57 AM

Jan 2015
That word, the "Truth", that's... Crushingly DEEP. :(
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 12, 2015 10:58 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
TwilightMystery said:
Unusual but interestingly styled episode. They really got the courtroom feel/procedure down perfectly. So all this time Ikki was trying to be acknowledged by his father. One might even say that was Ikki's entire reason for fighting.

It was pretty brutal how one single sentence from Ikki's dad completely destroyed Ikki's accomplishments so far. But it's not all bad I hope, since he has Stella and she can be his new reason.

P.S. Shizuku is not going to take this lying down. Dad better watch out for her revenge.
I hope that Shizuku does get revenge and I'll be loving every bit of it
Dec 12, 2015 11:04 AM
Apr 2014
And "Father of the year" goes to... MC's father who has Aizen's voice.
That Shizuku bitch slap was pretty good.
If he loses he quits being a magical swordsman, the stakes are far too high, there goes the hype surrounding the student council president. I'm guessing after depressing about his father, he's gonna remember that he loves Stella and has friends or some BS like that and win with the power of the plot armor.
Dec 12, 2015 11:07 AM

Mar 2012
animefan8800 said:
I...I don't even know what to say about this. I have no understanding as to why Ikki had to endure any of that. I hafta think the source material explained it better.
For a long time Ikki always fight for himself. He didn't have anyone to relied on and not one expecting him to. But even then he still have some familial bond left in him. He think that if he prove himself even if he is still F-Rank people on his house will acknowledge him. Alas his father think differently than him. He care for Ikki in his own twisted way. He think that those who he think worthless better of not doing anything.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Dec 12, 2015 11:11 AM
Jun 2015
Poor Ikki, I almost cried in this episode :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2015 11:13 AM

Mar 2012
For those who are interest this is from LN volume 3 part 5.

Even the crushing sound can be heard.
Dec 12, 2015 11:15 AM
Sep 2012
Another One: The Uncrowned Sword King
Dec 12, 2015 11:22 AM

Jun 2014
Damn, Ikki's father seems like a great guy. But really, you can tell just how much his words hurt Ikki. Just that one sentence caused him to cry, he now looks depressed, and he looks like he's getting worse. Let's hope he still has the mental stability to take on Toka.

I also thought the visuals from his incarceration to the end were pretty cool. The use of different colors (especially the ominous black and red during Ikki's talk with his father) kind of reminded me of the Monogatari series.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 12, 2015 11:26 AM

Feb 2011
Such a STUPID STUPID episode.
The villain is mean for the sake of being mean.
This whole plot line was pulled out of their ass...
I get that they are trying to expand on the whole Ikki vs father going on, but ffs make it logical.
HOW THE HELL do they have the power to incarcerate a pupil because of a freaking hearing?! And wht the hell does there need to be a hearing for a fucking KISS?!
WTAF
This entire episode made zero sense to me... Not to mention the start that honestly felt like filler as all it did is give Ikki more insight on Todo's power which he ALREADY KNEW as he says so himself...

Shit episode with forced drama 1/5...
Talk about a let down...
CanzonEDec 12, 2015 11:30 AM

Dec 12, 2015 11:31 AM

May 2011
Yikes! talk about daddy issues.
Dec 12, 2015 11:35 AM
Apr 2014
CanzonE said:
HOW THE HELL do they have the power to incarcerate a pupil because of a freaking hearing?! And wht the hell does there need to be a hearing for a fucking KISS?!
WTAF

You'd be surprised if you were in some muslim countries.
Dec 12, 2015 11:38 AM

Mar 2012
CanzonE said:
Such a STUPID STUPID episode.
The villain is mean for the sake of being mean.
This whole plot line was pulled out of their ass...
I get that they are trying to expand on the whole Ikki vs father going on, but ffs make it logical.
WTAF
This entire episode made zero sense to me... Not to mention the start that honestly felt like filler as all it did is give Ikki more insight on Todo's power which he ALREADY KNEW as he says so himself...

Shit episode with forced drama 1/5...
Talk about a let down...
You have to see who the partner is. Stella is princess of foreign country and so a small mistake can lead to a war for two different country.
Dec 12, 2015 11:44 AM

Mar 2014
Well that was.....not what I was expecting

I was kind of expecting Ikki to wake up at some point making that hearing some sort of silly dream.

The art direction was interesting though
Dec 12, 2015 11:46 AM

Feb 2015
Really strong episode from what's been a great series so far. The premise of Ikki's incarceration was pretty far fetched but it shows how powerful his father is. Some artistic touches in this episode really made it stand out. This is probably my favourite show this season.
Dec 12, 2015 11:53 AM

Dec 2014
Wow this episode was so well done in my opinion.

We only have 1 episode left and, this is what I'm thinking, in order to not make the last episode rushed or with a quick ending they used a different formula in this episode to build the drama up, and I think they were very successful doing.

I'm all hyped up for next week to see the ending (unfortunately, we need more).

Hats off to Silver Link they are really strong this season.
Dec 12, 2015 11:55 AM

Jul 2015
Jabba the Hutt, Game of thrones justice level "trial" and his shitty father- there shoud be best dad of the years mug on his table (lol)
Dec 12, 2015 11:55 AM

Sep 2014
Why is this mediocre garbage show trying so hard..
Dec 12, 2015 12:00 PM

Jun 2011
No the people above are right this was a stupid episode the reason for him being imprisoned was nonsense and forced. He was taken into a hearing, imprisoned while being worn down mentally for what 19 days for kissing a princess? wtf is this if that is the punishment for kissing no wonder Japan has a shrinking population -.-

So apparently there are no laws and he can just be privately arrested and questioned for over 2 weeks while being mentally worn down, that is torture simple as that. It was a stupid over dramatic episode that was triggered by something far too small if they were going to do this they could of pulled something better. All the stuff with his dad was just ruined by the sheer stupidity of this episode. Also don't give me this crap about how having a relationship with the princess could cause a war royalty have relationships and relations with people and no freaking wars pop out at this day and age all it makes is good tabloid news.

The grain they shoved over most of this episode was also ugly and a terrible choice.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Dec 12, 2015 12:01 PM

Nov 2015
The_Deceiver said:
trying so hard..

Explain.
Dec 12, 2015 12:03 PM

May 2013
Why can't Stella barg in and say i have no problem with kissing Ikki and as the princess i wan't you to release him
Dec 12, 2015 12:07 PM
Jul 2018
I feel bad for Ikki in this episode. He is being incarcerated.
Dec 12, 2015 12:09 PM

Aug 2015
Probably my favourite episode this far.. Was getting rather bored of all the fights. Getting to see more of how fucked up the Ikki's family situation is. Pretty big fan of the art, showed Ikki slowly breaking after days and days being inprisoned.

And for the people above. The kiss is just proof that Ikki and the princess have a relationship. They have no way to disprove that it isn't a sexual relationship and since they live together it's hard to disprove. Ikki's family seems to have a pretty big influence with the school and such, and for him to be with a princess from another land it can cause some trouble.
Dec 12, 2015 12:11 PM

May 2010
THAT CLIFFANGER.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 12, 2015 12:12 PM

Apr 2014
I liked the different animation styles they used throughout this episode.
---------My Profile------------
Dec 12, 2015 12:13 PM

May 2012
xin09 said:
Why can't Stella barg in and say i have no problem with kissing Ikki and as the princess i wan't you to release him

She more than likely has zero power since she's just a visitor to the country. And even if she admits it, the truth could always be altered like how it was and is. They were screwed the moment they were caught acting intimate, especially since she's a princess and all, so that makes it extra scandalous

Dec 12, 2015 12:15 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
First half was nice with Touka; she's nicer than I though she would be. The shit hit the fan with the second half. Poor Ikki, and how he has to fight in that mental state. The second half of this episode was so stylish that is totally covered up the super fast pacing.

5/5
Dec 12, 2015 12:16 PM

Oct 2015
Damn, what a powerful episode and interesting artstyle Silver Link utilized during Ikki and Itsuka's conversation. One more episode and I hope SL nails the conclusion.
Dec 12, 2015 12:18 PM

Nov 2012
Nice, this episode was really good
I loved the darkness of the second half
Dec 12, 2015 12:22 PM
Oct 2014
Just quickly. Where the fuck did all the color go and why was there an 60's film grain on everything else? Go over-budget or something?
Dec 12, 2015 12:25 PM
Aug 2014
Stella isn't the princess of the country she is in right now. If Ikki was captured, she can't free him in any way unless her family gets involved as well. Which I doubt they will considering what was written about Ikki in the newspaper. They fabricated a lot of things about him. None of which was good. It does matter because Stella is a princess. She is not a commoner. To be in a relationship with a princess is a matter of the country in itself. She is royal while Ikki is considered to be trash. Also , the only reason he is going to jail for it is because of Ikki's family. What they are obviously doing is not right. It shouldn't be allowed. That is the whole point. It showcases how messed up the system is. As you heard, those without magical power shouldn't even try to rise to the top. Ikki was born to 'fail' . He shouldn't have tried to be better. Stella is a Princess. Not a normal girl. If this was Ikki and a normal girl, it wouldn't have been such a deal. It still kind of would've with how they fabricated a lot of things about him , which Stella mentions in this episode. The kiss was just a good excuse to lock him up so that he would lose the tournament. What they are doing isn't obviously right and shouldn't be allowed. That is the point. You are able to see the lengths to which Kurogane family will go to make sure Ikki doesn't win.You can see that he isn't properly being fed and isolation can really do a lot of bad things to you. He also got mentally destroyed by his father as well. Ikki is considered to be a 'disgrace' to the family for being born without high magic power unlike his ancestors. His family is made up of people with high magic power. It is basically their right. Ikki is someone who wasn't born with that power. It is kind of like saying that he had no right to be born in the Kurogane family.
I loved this episode. The art just made everything better.
TyphoonSDec 12, 2015 12:32 PM
Dec 12, 2015 12:28 PM

Dec 2014
Ikki has it rough.. I hope he has what he is looking for though... one episode to go
Dec 12, 2015 12:43 PM

Jun 2015
TyphoonS said:
Stella isn't the princess of the country she is in right now. If Ikki was captured, she can't free him in any way unless her family gets involved as well. Which I doubt they will considering what was written about Ikki in the newspaper. They fabricated a lot of things about him. None of which was good. It does matter because Stella is a princess. She is not a commoner. To be in a relationship with a princess is a matter of the country in itself. She is royal while Ikki is considered to be trash. Also , the only reason he is going to jail for it is because of Ikki's family. What they are obviously doing is not right. It shouldn't be allowed. That is the whole point. It showcases how messed up the system is. As you heard, those without magical power shouldn't even try to rise to the top. Ikki was born to 'fail' . He shouldn't have tried to be better. Stella is a Princess. Not a normal girl. If this was Ikki and a normal girl, it wouldn't have been such a deal. It still kind of would've with how they fabricated a lot of things about him , which Stella mentions in this episode. The kiss was just a good excuse to lock him up so that he would lose the tournament. What they are doing isn't obviously right and shouldn't be allowed. That is the point. You are able to see the lengths to which Kurogane family will go to make sure Ikki doesn't win.You can see that he isn't properly being fed and isolation can really do a lot of bad things to you. He also got mentally destroyed by his father as well. Ikki is considered to be a 'disgrace' to the family for being born without high magic power unlike his ancestors. His family is made up of people with high magic power. It is basically their right. Ikki is someone who wasn't born with that power. It is kind of like saying that he had no right to be born in the Kurogane family.
I loved this episode. The art just made everything better.
!!Applaud!!
Read Toriko!
Dec 12, 2015 12:51 PM

Aug 2015
CanzonE said:
Such a STUPID STUPID episode.<br />
The villain is mean for the sake of being mean.<br />
This whole plot line was pulled out of their ass...<br />
I get that they are trying to expand on the whole Ikki vs father going on, but ffs make it logical. <br />
HOW THE HELL do they have the power to incarcerate a pupil because of a freaking hearing?! And wht the hell does there need to be a hearing for a fucking KISS?!<br />
WTAF<br />
This entire episode made zero sense to me... Not to mention the start that honestly felt like filler as all it did is give Ikki more insight on Todo&#039;s power which he ALREADY KNEW as he says so himself...<br />
<br />
Shit episode with forced drama 1/5...<br />
Talk about a let down...
In the LN they prepared false testimonies about Ikki being a delinquent and in general being abusive. It seems the cut it from the anime.
Dec 12, 2015 12:52 PM

Jul 2014
To say I never expected to see an episode of such quality from a series such as this is one hell of an understatement. The unusual colour schemes throughout Ikki's incarceration were surprising to say the least, and to see the way that his father's words could so easily destroy everything Ikki worked so hard to make of himself was even more impactful than that. Even more so when considering that his father honestly doesn't seem like that bad a person; it's just really unfortunate for Ikki that he had the misunderstanding that took things to this point.

Amazing episode, and I'm hoping the consequences of it are plain to see in the finale next week when he fights Toka.
Dec 12, 2015 12:56 PM

May 2011
The_Deceiver said:
Why is this mediocre garbage show trying so hard..

Seriously man, if you were being sarcastic and using the "father's" dailogue, bravo.

but if not......
Dec 12, 2015 1:05 PM

Oct 2011
OMG Ikki T_______T </3
Dec 12, 2015 1:06 PM

Oct 2015
ArchimeM said:
Did I miss something... Kissing a princess is a crime?...

No, Ikki's father and the Ethics Committee are using that as an excuse to screw him over.
Dec 12, 2015 1:09 PM

Jul 2015
Ikki's father is a douche poor Ikki....
Dec 12, 2015 1:13 PM

Feb 2015
didn't expect Tohka have that kind of personality.
and DAMN! the second half felt really serious, and the last battle with Raikiri, that is way too much. btw, did ikki even eat a food inside that prison?
next episode will be a very crazy battle. going all out battle!!!
can't wait for that!
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

481 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 2:33 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

209 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

223 by bakakisima »»
Mar 24, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2015

190 by bakakisima »»
Mar 24, 12:01 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2015

194 by bakakisima »»
Mar 24, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.