Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Asterisk War (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 12, 2015 4:03 PM

Mar 2015
I liked this episode, especially how they built up to the ed which is just eargasmic
Dec 12, 2015 4:05 PM

Jun 2015
Well, this show has one more episode to show me something of actual import or an actually decent fight. Otherwise I wont be returning for the next cour. This series has been so boring and stale so far, it's ridiculous. And god, Ayato is such a fuckin' pussy.
Dec 12, 2015 4:17 PM

Jun 2014
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
thebrentinator24 said:
Fucking Ayato, I swear, when a pretty girl offers to let you stay the night, you stay the damn night. No questions asked.

And lose the match next day because of exhaustion.............sorry our MC thinks with his head instead of his lower half.

I was joking.......
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 12, 2015 4:57 PM

Aug 2013
I definitely like this episode. Ayato and Julis having dinner with their next opponents was interesting but at least Ayato is learning more about Irene and Priscilla and got little clues about sister. And the conversation between him and Claudia was very interesting about how each Ogre Lux weapons have different personalities. Flet some build up for the next fight so can't wait for the final next week!!!
Dec 12, 2015 5:19 PM

Apr 2014
Meh? I guess.
Irene is still crazy as hell...sis-con? haha
Next episode will be the last...will we be seeing a good fight or something completely different?
Dec 12, 2015 5:37 PM

Aug 2013
The preparation for battle is all ready, Ayato once again approaching their next opponents and acts friendly with them, it seems he really is trying to conquer all the girls of the plot, even escaping of them several times also, more information about Cladia also were shown, it will be quite important later, I'm looking forward to the last episode of the anime in this season ..
Dec 12, 2015 7:17 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
tbh - I kind of consider that a bit of a wasted episode
Dec 12, 2015 8:58 PM

Dec 2014
I imagine Priscilla as a loli in the LNs.
Glad i was wrong. :)

Liking her more.... Not as much as Kirin though. :3
Dec 12, 2015 10:20 PM
Aug 2012
thebrentinator24 said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

And lose the match next day because of exhaustion.............sorry our MC thinks with his head instead of his lower half.

I was joking.......

I was half joking as well.......

Dec 13, 2015 1:18 AM

Aug 2013
So we learn a bit more about Irene and Priscilla's connection to Dick...I mean Dick.

Irene is half obnoxious tomboy, half sis-con, lol.

Have a feeling that with Ayato/Julis's inevitable win that somehow Ayato will stop the Gravi-Sheathe since they kept bringing it up and since it was his main topic of discussion with Claudia. Well Ser Veresta has that super hot unstoppable flame, so he'll probably end up slicing it and breaking it somehow.

Speaking of Claudia...damn, that crazy shit. We learn she has death nightmares due to her ogre lux, and I guess when they get bad she sleep attacks, lol. That's some fucked up shit though. She says "oh you get used to it", but we obviously know that shit's a lie since Claudia is full of secrets.

Oh, and speaking of ser veresta...fucking Christ were legit cant get ONE week where CR doesn't spell shit wrong in their subs. It' not Ser=Veresta. There is no fucking equal sign. An equal sign is not a letter nor a fucking punctuation mark. It's either "Ser Veresta" or "Ser-Veresta".

thebrentinator24 said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

I was joking.......

I don't think it was a matter of him being scared of getting his dick wet like it was the first time he was in her room. Seemed more like he wanted to sleep and not worry about getting fucking murdered, lmao.

TwilightMystery said:

Also, Claudia mentioned another festa that we've never even heard of before which was another reveal. It would have been asking for to much if we also found out Claudia's wish for entering the festa so I can't complain that we didn't get to hear that just yet.

During the first few episodes ago she briefly mentioned the names of the festivals. There are actually 3 of them; phoenix (the current one; tag team partners), the gryps festival (a team based one, I believe teams of 5) and the Lindvolus (solo fights) festival.

They also happen in yearly increments, so the Phoenix fest takes place in one year, during summer. The following year in fall is the Gryps, and the third year in winter is the Lindvolus. Then it repeats and it's the Phoenix again.
Dec 13, 2015 1:41 AM

Sep 2013
I really enjoyed this episode, because I really want to learn more about Claudia. The anime seems to be ignoring her (I'm not sure how the light novel approaches this, as I haven't read it), there's an arc for every other girl but oh well.

Still looking forward to maybe being able to see her fight. Hopefully this "Gyps Festa" will be a team battle of all five.
Dec 13, 2015 3:07 AM

Aug 2013
Xenocrisi said:
Great episode, and great animation as well.

This episode was really nice, but animation? Nope, the same goes for art.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 13, 2015 4:26 AM

Mar 2009
Damn. Poor Claudia. That's a harsh price she has to pay for her Ogre Lux. Also I'm curious about her wish now.

You know, I was about to call Ayato out, since this is the second time he's turned Claudia down, but he does have the fight in the morning...
Still, come on, dude.

I've really warmed up to that red-head girl. At first, I thought she was going to be this generic evil villain, but she's pretty cool. I like her relationship with her sister as well.
Dec 13, 2015 4:39 AM

May 2010
Eleven episodes in and we find out more about the side characters than the main girl and MC... Lol
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 13, 2015 4:50 AM

Sep 2014
Buildup episode for the finale, a pretty good one i'd say. Perhaps the dinner was a bit of a waste of time but we still got some interesting information and a reminder about the overarching plot with Ayato's sister.

Also a nice scene with Claudia, some really interesting information about the Ogre Luxes.

The finale will be the battle with Irene and Priscilla, I hope they make it epic!
Dec 13, 2015 5:25 AM

Feb 2014
A very good build-up episode. Priscilla and Irene seems to be nice people, which is refreshing. However, I do worry that Irene's Gravi-Sheath might overpower her completely if she's not careful. Looking at the end of this episode though, it seems that her weapon influences her motives a lot. =/

For Claudia, her weapon has overpowered many users in the past to the point that they it got unbearable for them. Even with Claudia's skills, she seems to struggle to cope with her Ser-Veresta's power. Ayato should consider himself fortunate that he wasn't heavily injured this time...

The art and animation is far from perfect, but I find it pretty good overall. I'd say it's better than GATE series 1, to be honest.

I still find Dirk to be such a prick. He couldn't really care less if Priscilla got beaten up, saying that her regenerative skills will heal up the damage completely. If he had a brain to begin with, then he would know that her healing skills most likely WOULDN'T apply to mental scars at all. ¬_¬

Either way, his assistance's tarot cards predict that Ayato & Julis will lose against Priscilla and Irene, in which I hope that won't be the case. Who knows if the tarot cards are 100% successful with her predictions, but let's hope that isn't the case for next week.
Dec 13, 2015 7:08 AM

Nov 2011
The episode is full of revelations, but narratively is very addictive, I still can not figure out who attributed the cause, the thing that struck me most during the story, are the dishes served by sister Irene, really unusual, I expected dishes typically Japanese. Drawings and animations not exactly the best at times, oh well! Excellent ending, however.
Dec 13, 2015 9:26 AM

May 2011
The whole Claudia dying every night in her sleep to placate her sword powers reminds me of the Kurokawa Karen curse that affected Kirika from C3 series.

Dec 13, 2015 11:09 AM

Dec 2012
Next week the first real fight starts. In this one, we learned some interesting things about the weapon.
Dec 13, 2015 2:13 PM

Jul 2015
So Claudia is already mentioning the next Vesta, will this be a split-cour? Ayato x Julis. Claudia x Me.
Dec 13, 2015 3:13 PM

May 2014
I cannot find the words to express how bad Ass War is.
Dec 13, 2015 7:36 PM

Jan 2011
"sigh" another reason i hate why Claudia isn't the main focus
Dec 13, 2015 8:42 PM
Aug 2012
ANA1979 said:
So Claudia is already mentioning the next Vesta, will this be a split-cour? Ayato x Julis. Claudia x Me.

This was announced as split-course from the start and the Phoenix has only finished the preliminary rounds. There are 3 tournaments (Phoenix - Tag Team, Gryps - Team of 5 Members, Lindvolus - 1 vs 1) and it was briefly mentioned during the first few episodes.

paraze said:

Because you don't any actual reasons other than typical "I don't like this show/characters/[insert typical overused subjective biased reasons]"

Dec 13, 2015 8:47 PM

Jan 2011
Wack. at least Rakudai had good fights and skipped past the whole "It's not like I'm obsessed with you" BS.
Dec 13, 2015 8:59 PM

May 2010
Claudia is back as best girl. Dying 1200 times is.... respect.
Dec 13, 2015 11:05 PM

Mar 2015
Claudia, a girl who died 1200 times.... how many deaths could people have in different ways anyway???

The lack of Kirin as always is disappointing....

I'm liking the vampire-ish girl. She's cool. But really nothing happens at all so far, probably because of the slow pace. This is hard for me because slow-paced and fast-paced is kind of wrong in the eyes of people. Taimadou 35 have a very fast paced and this anime is slow paced because of 2 cours.

Dec 13, 2015 11:23 PM

Jul 2012
So Irene is tuning more and more into a vampire as she wields that scythe.

I wonder if someone will save Irene before she is too far gone.

~Great episode!!!
Dec 14, 2015 4:33 PM
Oct 2015
QWERTYFish25 said:
Wack. at least Rakudai had good fights and skipped past the whole "It's not like I'm obsessed with you" BS.
Hmm... How weird. Lester has no screen time in this episode.
Dec 14, 2015 8:15 PM

Sep 2015
Nigami_Shin said:
how can they waste the 11th episode for a dinner and some ogre lux information? i know asterisk has 24 episodes but c'mon i don't wanna see this part end with a cliffhanger

Agreed. It kinda doesn't feel like the show is going to end next week...
It failed to project, at least, a bit of excitement that I desperately needed in order to look forward to the last episode of the season.

I'm glad my expectations weren't high enough when I started watching this.
Watching this episode like:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2015 9:16 PM
Aug 2012
^Split courses does usually end up with cliffhangers, doesn't really matter if you want to see it or not. The next episode will finish volume 3.

Btw the point of the episode was to give characterization to the next opponents and the characters themselves, more insight on Dirk (the guy is a normal human but can manipulate and use people pretty well) and Orge Lux information was important as it is related to the next match and events later. Maybe it's boring to some but not irrelevant to the story at all.

Dec 15, 2015 2:59 AM

May 2014
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
paraze said:

Because you don't any actual reasons other than typical "I don't like this show/characters/[insert typical overused subjective biased reasons]"

Because the horrendous visuals leave me speechless. Because I never saw something as generic as this show. Because characters interactions make no sense. Because the poor and shameless fanservice. Because all the conveniences make me cringe. Because the writing is so stupid (and even insulting at this point). Because...

Seriously, it's even worse than SAO (I should rewatch it, though).
parazeDec 15, 2015 3:02 AM
Dec 15, 2015 4:40 AM
Aug 2012
paraze said:

Because the horrendous visuals leave me speechless. Because I never saw something as generic as this show. Because characters interactions make no sense. Because the poor and shameless fanservice. Because all the conveniences make me cringe. Because the writing is so stupid (and even insulting at this point). Because...

So basically.........you don't have any actual reasons other than typical "I don't like this show/characters/[insert typical overused subjective biased reasons]"[/quote]

- Visuals and Production values are great and even praised by haters of the show........so saying they are horrendous is completely BS.

- The word "Generic" is overused to the point that it can't be taken seriously anymore......try something new if you want to make an argument.

- You forgot the later part......"makes no sense because i am watching the show for hating on it"

Maybe you could have tried to say Why they make no sense.

- So you don't like fanservice.........that not a reason either. Maybe you should stop watching any show with harem or echhi tags instead of whining about some skin showing. There isn't much service from episode 3 either and episode 8 was a filler episode..

Mod Edit: Removed inflammatory content.
ShockedDec 31, 2015 12:06 AM

Dec 15, 2015 8:37 AM

May 2014
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Visuals and Production values are great and even praised by haters of the show........so saying they are horrendous is completely BS.

Do you really think this fight is "good looking"? I mean, seriously? At the risk of sounding condescending, don't you notice the horrible and immersion breaking CGI classmates? The weird perspective and camera angles? Sure it's flashy, there are lots of sparkles, and it looks cool (plus MC is so badass and the main girl is so sexy ^^'), but this fight is so typical, unmemorable, and even stupid (i'm cutting the explosion in half cause i'm kirito yeaaaaah). And what's to great about this scene? About this one? What's so great about repeating 5 frames during nine seconds of a girl running (the camera showing her chest)?

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
The word "Generic" is overused to the point that it can't be taken seriously anymore......try something new if you want to make an argument.

Some people may overuse the word "generic"... so what? Ass War is generic, that's a fact. And that's a problem since it's basically the same as Mahouka and SAO, that's a problem because it's sad to see animation studios always staying in their comfort zone, especially when it means making shitty shows. Ayato is a generic harem MC, Julis a generic tsundere, Saya a generic Ayanami Rei ripoff, the loli is a generic loli, bad guys are generic bad guys. And they all are poorly-written. But I guess none of that matter since Saya-chan best girl and the president is 11/10 would fap again.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
You forgot the later part......"makes no sense because i am watching the show for hating on it"

Make no sense because the girls have no reason for loving the MC. Make no sense because the tsundere moments of the main girl are totally random (cf. the scene that introduce us the characters... and what a great introduction btw, and cf. the rest of the show). Make no sense because they're so caricatural (boooo the bad uncle who hits the oppai-loli, boooo the generic club presidents discuss of random and unimportant things with an horrible lighting seriously it's ugly and there is a badass loli and a fight is about to start wow so much tension) and feel so convenient (like the pool episode... what a character development! Saya and the oppai-loli have gained lots of depth, thanks to their great interactions resulting of the amazing plot).

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
So you don't like fanservice.........that not a reason either. Maybe you should stop watching any show with harem or echhi tags instead of whining about some skin showing. There isn't much service from episode 3 either and episode 8 was a filler episode.

I do enjoy fanservice, or rather, I do enjoy good fanservice. You know, not a completely non-immersive one. A one which does not solely aim to please the audience, a mindful one (Evangelion is a great example).

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
ShockedDec 31, 2015 12:08 AM
Dec 15, 2015 9:42 AM

Jun 2014
It always feel like Claudia and Ayato have some backstory
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2015 10:09 AM
Aug 2012
paraze said:

Do you really think this fight is "good looking"? I mean, seriously? At the risk of sounding condescending, don't you notice the horrible and immersion breaking CGI classmates? The weird perspective and camera angles?

Yes it's good looking, it's giving attention to details like difference in techniques used, dodging/parrying and footwork (all the while invoking prana aka hexagonal particles for movement). So yes despite being short, it did a good job of actually showing the battle instead of lol random flashy light shows and explosions.

paraze said:

Sure it's flashy, there are lots of sparkles, and it looks cool (plus MC is so badass and the main girl is so sexy ^^'), but this fight is so typical, unmemorable, and even stupid (i'm cutting the explosion in half cause i'm kirito yeaaaaah).

Funny how it paid more attention to small details instead of flashiness, somebody sure has issue noticing that. Oh typical/unmemorable/blah blah is still your opinion and it's just wrong in this case.

So super powered and skilled people can't bisect explosion by using simultaneously using a horizontal and vertical slash because it's not possible in our real world? Maybe you should stop watching anime then........i don't really find anything stupid there. It's normal in most anime with magical/sci-fi/futuristic settings. Stop nitpicking for pointless reasons.

paraze said:

And what's to great about this scene? About this one? What's so great about repeating 5 frames during nine seconds of a girl running (the camera showing her chest)?

1) Introduction of a new character, meeting with a childhood friend and showing her deadpan/uncaring attitude........so what's the problem?

2) So our MCs had a cute and bonding moment to themselves........i don't see a problem though.

Awkward for you: I guess
Makes Sense: Yes considering she has an interest in the guy and wants to be treated fairly/get some affection for herself as well.

3) Fanservice but at least it's not in every frame she moves......you can skip those 5 seconds instead of whining too.

So i don't see the problem. Your examples make no sense instead of those scenes.

paraze said:

Some people may overuse the word "generic"... so what? Ass War is generic, that's a fact.

That's an opinion, not a fact and shitty opinions don't count. Throwing around insults about the show's name make you opinions even less valid.

paraze said:

And that's a problem since it's basically the same as Mahouka and SAO, that's a problem because it's sad to see animation studios always staying in their comfort zone, especially when it means making shitty shows.

Oh look i bring up the names of some big named shows in recent times as examples just like the shitty Let's hate on popular shows crowd. Look man just because you don't like a show or just because it doesn't suit your taste doesn't make it shitty. But hey guess whining and throwing around random BS makes you feel good. Try a make a sensible point at least. Maybe you don't like shows with OP MCs or too much exposition but that's your goddamned issue.

paraze said:

Ayato is a generic harem MC,

Ayato has actual skills from training and experience other than hidden abilities, has a good head on his shoulders capable of keeping calm and being tactical, and despite being shy he can keep things under control at times. His character isn't anything spectacular maybe but he is at least well done and can be enjoyed.

paraze said:

Julis a generic tsundere

Our generic tsundere is actually quite balanced. Julis is neither over the top Tsun or Dere, actually smart, can be pretty reasonable in most case and actually has a goal of her own that isn't related to getting MC's affection only.

paraze said:

Saya a generic Ayanami Rei ripoff

Well she is overhyped, i can't argue with that. Though this is my personal feelings on the matter i don't find anything interesting in her.

paraze said:

the loli is a generic loli

Well despite being a overhyped big-boobed loli, Kirin is different, quite strong on her own and has her motivations instead of being a typical damsel in distress like in most cases. Well her fanbase is another issue.

paraze said:

bad guys are generic bad guys. And they all are poorly-written. But I guess none of that matter since Saya-chan best girl and the president is 11/10 would fap again.

How many bad guys have you seen or on that matter, do you actually know who the bad guys are? Sirus was a lackey and he was manipulated. But neither the Allekant Duo or the Le Wolfe duo can really be called bad guys......they have their reasons and in the gray zone instead of black.

The only actual bad guy till now could be Dirk but he has his mysterious reasons. This guy fights with his brain, influence and manipulation. They all have their reasons which are hinted.

Also poorly-written? By what standards genius? What a joke......every hater throws around this term like they have a Degree in Literature but the thing is they can never explain WHY.

So ultimately what was the point? All your said is "I don't like the characters because they are generic and poorly written in my opinion lol" without any actual reasons, none at all. Try again..........

paraze said:

Make no sense because the girls have no reason for loving the MC.

- Julis: She was finally able to open up and interact more with people after meeting with Ayato who didn't stay away from her like the rest
- Kirin: She was able to finally realize her worth and find her own path after meeting with him
- Saya: Childhood friend
- Claudia: Reasons come up much later but she has one

So yes they have their reasons. They make more sense than Love at First Sight and we see that all the time in RL.

paraze said:

Make no sense because the tsundere moments of the main girl are totally random (cf. the scene that introduce us the characters... and what a great introduction btw, and cf. the rest of the show).

Character introduction and interactions make no sense to me...boohoo.......what a shitty excuse for an argument. No seriously most of it is simply "Make no sense to me" without any reason as to why. I can't read your mind so kindly put up an actual reason......that is if you have one.

paraze said:

Make no sense because they're so caricatural

By your standard maybe.........you live in a pretty small world kid. How about getting out of your room more often and expanding your views.

paraze said:

boooo the bad uncle who hits the oppai-loli

Explained during the course of the show.

Let me elaborate since you seems to have a limited view:

- Her uncle needs to use her as a tool and thus keep submissive for his own desire
- Kirin is already pretty meek and guilt-ridden/desperate because of the incident
- Using harsh attitude and violence is a good way to keep someone like that submissive and using her as a tool
- It also stop her from doing things on her own and realize that she doesn't really need her uncle's support
- Other students either keep away or are kept away from her because of her uncle.....they can;t do anything because it will be the same case as the duel with Ayato
- Ultimately till she decides to do things on her own no one can intervene and that's what her uncle was doing to keep Kirin submissive

See makes sense if you actually use your head.

paraze said:

boooo the generic club presidents discuss of random and unimportant things

World Building and exposition that will play part in later occasions as well is not random or unimportant. "Boohoo i don't like exposition so they are random and unimportant".........sorry make a better excuse because this is clearly important and adds to characterization.

paraze said:

with an horrible lighting seriously it's ugly

Personal opinion and no it's not ugly.

paraze said:

and there is a badass loli and a fight is about to start wow so much tension)

Which fight? The duel in episode 5 or the ones in episode 7? I really don't see the issue......maybe you can try to make a point beyond "your random nonsenseopinions" that you thing "everyone is supposed to make sense of".....

paraze said:

and feel so convenient (like the pool episode... what a character development! Saya and the oppai-loli have gained lots of depth, thanks to their great interactions resulting of the amazing plot).

Well i have to personally agree about that episode as it was mostly a filler fanservice episode not in the source and didn't add much either. But leaving aside the wasted time, at least it showed the 2 bonding than randomly becoming a team and working well together. The idea was good but the execution leaves much to be desired.

Funny how you bring up that particular episode though........heh.

paraze said:

I do enjoy fanservice, or rather, I do enjoy good fanservice. You know, not a completely non-immersive one. A one which does not solely aim to please the audience, a mindful one (Evangelion is a great example).

Yeah yeah opinions, everyone has them but it's doesn't work as a argument. You really can't decide which fanservice scene is like what for everyone and you can obviously skip those scenes as they don't fit your standards.

Btw several fanservice scenes had important exposition relevant to the plot so you can take the fanservice as a bonus........but wait exposition is boring to you as well. So why are you watching this again?

Mod Edit: Removed inflammatory content
ShockedDec 31, 2015 12:13 AM

Dec 15, 2015 10:52 AM

May 2014
Well,

"Yes it's good looking", no it isn't.
"i don't really find anything stupid there" i didn't even talk about the stupid reason of this stupid fight btw, you know, the MC seeing the main girl half-naked for some predictable reasons, which was a pretty bad and lame way to introduce the characters.
"1) Introduction of a new character [...] instead of those scenes", I was talking about animation/art/whatver
"without any actual reasons" you're joking.
"Let's hate on popular shows" no seriously you're joking, just look at my examples, my signature, my profile, my list... stop deceiving yourself about me to find reasons for saying i'm wrong.
"keep submissive for his own desire" for his own convenient desire. You could argue that Bullet of Bullets makes sense with such arguments. Don't.
"Which fight?" i was talking about the random generic caricature of bad generic club president almost taking a fight with another random generic caricature of bad generic club president
"You really can't decide which fanservice scene is like what for everyone and you can obviously skip those scenes as they don't fit your standards", Gunbuster's fanservice is better than ass war's, that's a fact
"several fanservice scenes had important exposition relevant to the plot so you can take the fanservice as a bonus", no
"exposition is boring to you as well." bad exposition is boring indeed, especially when it involves generic plot with generic characters with generic visuals

Mod Edit: Removed inflammatory content.
ShockedDec 31, 2015 12:16 AM
Dec 15, 2015 11:35 AM
Aug 2012
paraze said:
"Yes it's good looking", no it isn't.

Yes it is.

paraze said:

"i don't really find anything stupid there" i didn't even talk about the stupid reason of this stupid fight btw, you know, the MC seeing the main girl half-naked for some predictable reasons, which was a pretty bad and lame way to introduce the characters.

My other made-up reasons were shot down hard so let's find a new excuse..........okay genius. Well i will give you this one....it's a typical and overused way to introduce characters but it ended pretty quickly and the Heroine didn't hold a grudge for xxx episode neither it was brought up again. So the continuation was done well. But hey that was predictable as well after seeing the episodes right?

paraze said:
I was talking about animation/art/whatver[/i]

Sorry no issue to be seen..........any minor/irrelevant issues will be fixed in the BDs if needed. Not really something important but just pointless nitpickings on your part.Typical.......

paraze said:

for his own convenient desire.
You could argue that Bullet of Bullets makes sense with such arguments. Don't.

So let me guess anything happening in a story that you don't like is convenient.

paraze said:

watch more (good) anime

I don't have a narrow minded view like yours and i have watched anime of different types so may be you should take my advice and get out more often.

paraze said:
i was talking about the random generic caricature of bad generic club president almost taking a fight with another random generic caricature of bad generic club president

So much pointless crap in one sentence. Can you say why they are generic or caricature other than trying to look smart by using words you don't understand? Please give me an actual argument than throwing around random words.

paraze said:
Gunbuster's fanservice is better than ass war's, that's a fact

Once again your opinion is not a fact.

paraze said:
no

Ummm yes or you could skip the entire scene.

paraze said:
bad exposition is boring indeed, especially when it involves generic plot with generic characters with generic visuals

man your entire post is full of it. All you can say is "X is bad, generic or whatever" but you can never give a reason as to why or how.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post, baiting, and inflammatory content.
ShockedDec 31, 2015 12:40 AM

Dec 15, 2015 12:19 PM

Sep 2013
Having dinner with the red head sisters :)
If Julies didn't come, he would have gotten a better pay back ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Poor Claudia :'(
I wonder if there's an ogre lux that turns you into a werewolf :)

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
ShockedDec 31, 2015 12:18 AM
Dec 15, 2015 1:25 PM

May 2014
Let's talk a little more seriously. I understand why you react like this. I did the same 2 years ago with someone who were trying to explain to me that Code Geass isn't a great anime at all (which is obviously true). I protected myself and mine opinions by saying that he was he was just a """hipster""" (damn) who simply hates popular shows cause he has nothing better to do. I even wrote tons of walls of text to explain that he was wrong because at the end it was just his own subjective, biased (and wrong) argument. That had to be the case, since he was a mere hipster. Btw, I'm far from being as "hipsteresque" as he was with me. I know what you're going to say: "still no real arguments and you're escaping the debate". Now I'm going to write something that I hate even more than "get back to your otaku pandering stuff", something that this guy told to me and made me going on my nerves: "let's talk about it again in what... 2-3 years, ok? let's do that?!". I hate it for obvious reasons, and because during that time, I realized that I was stupid and that he was often right.

Ass War is quite possibly one of the worst show I have ever seen, even worse than SAO, and few years ago I honestly thought that this one was pretty good. I just watched The Snob's impressions of the first episode of Ass War. He makes good points (without going in depth), but I know I would have disagreed, just like you did with me ("so let me guess anything happening in a story that you don't like is convenient", "what else would you expect of someone whose arguments are basically 'X is bad because it's generic lol'." etc). For a (faaaaaar) more detailed and less pedantic/condescending approach, I recommend you Digibro's videos. Just you to know, I didn't merely repeat what he says in his videos, if fact I only saw the first one, which only breakdowns the first minutes of the first episode.

ShockedDec 31, 2015 12:19 AM
Dec 15, 2015 2:45 PM
Oct 2015
paraze said:
Ass War is quite possibly one of the worst show I have ever seen, even worse than SAO, and few years ago I honestly thought that this one was pretty good.
This is the biggest bullshit here.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ShockedDec 31, 2015 12:21 AM
Dec 15, 2015 2:59 PM

May 2014
And you might be right. It's been a huge time since I watched this show, my memories and judgement may not be accurate. That doesn't make this show (which has a couple of problem on its own, or at least more amplified, like the fanservice or the harem) good at all, though.
Dec 15, 2015 4:48 PM
Oct 2015
paraze said:
And you might be right. It's been a huge time since I watched this show, my memories and judgement may not be accurate. That doesn't make this show (which has a couple of problem on its own, or at least more amplified, like the fanservice or the harem) good at all, though.
If the mere existence of fanservice makes an anime bad, then ~90% of present days anime are bad because anime with 0 fanservice like Log Horizon is scarce.

The same goes with harem. Most school-life anime has more than one girl who falls for the MC. I don't find it as a problem as long as they have their own legitimate reason to love the protagonist, not just because he's the MC.
Dec 15, 2015 5:21 PM

Sep 2015
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
^Split courses does usually end up with cliffhangers, doesn't really matter if you want to see it or not.

I don't give a flying shit if an anime is supposed to be a split course...
1st season not that much enjoyable with a lot of flaws= I won't be wasting my time watching the next season.

paraze said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

I agree with you at 99%. Horrendous visuals? Not at all imo... What actually got me to watch this anime were the visuals. But yes, this show is flawed as f*ck...
Actually , many of my criticisms go to the MC: bland, average, no remarkable portraits, dull, as boring as Kristen Stewart's facial expressions...

ShockedDec 31, 2015 12:22 AM
Dec 15, 2015 8:42 PM

May 2015
I know there's gunna be a season two airing in spring 2016, but, i dont understand how they're gunna rap up the season in the next episode. I feel like the battle thats about to occur would be too epic for one episode but not epic enough to wait until season 2. Also, what about OVA's?
Dec 15, 2015 9:49 PM
Aug 2012
paraze said:

Let's talk a little more seriously. I understand why you react like this. I did the same 2 years ago with someone who were trying to explain to me that Code Geass isn't a great anime at all (which is obviously true).

And 4 Years ago i though that anime fans were actually nice and enjoyed watching shows instead of pointless hating, trolling or shitposting. I was obviously naive. No i only reacted because you didn't have any actual arguments.

paraze said:

Ass War is quite possibly one of the worst show I have ever seen, even worse than SAO, and few years ago I honestly thought that this one was pretty good. I just watched The Snob's impressions of the first episode of Ass War. He makes good points (without going in depth), but I know I would have disagreed, just like you did with me ("so let me guess anything happening in a story that you don't like is convenient", "what else would you expect of someone whose arguments are basically 'X is bad because it's generic lol'." etc).

You know you are free to not like something because of your own preferences. The problem occurs when you shitpost and try to pass your opinion as facts without any proper arguments or reasons and just provoke people or throw around cheap insults. If you actually made a good point instead of try to make a convenient post with a flashback, it would have been great. Well whatever.......

paraze said:

For a (faaaaaar) more detailed and less pedantic/condescending approach, I recommend you Digibro's videos. Just you to know, I didn't merely repeat what he says in his videos, if fact I only saw the first one, which only breakdowns the first minutes of the first episode.

I hate to repeat this but i am not going to bother with some subjective like-pandering reviews catering to either fanboys/haters by random people. I like to judge a show after seeing it myself rather than watching a random reviews. If you are trying to defend your BS with a review then that's pathetic.

In all honestly there is no need to watch the show for 11 episodes if you don't like it. Nobody forced you to. But stop shitposting/trolling with random excuses when you don't have any actual arguments. You sad convenient flashback didn't really add much...........

memphis23 said:

I don't give a flying shit if an anime is supposed to be a split course...
1st season not that much enjoyable with a lot of flaws= I won't be wasting my time watching the next season.

Nobody is forcing you though. I was just pointing out something obvious.

memphis23 said:

I agree with you at 99%. Horrendous visuals? Not at all imo... What actually got me to watch this anime were the visuals. But yes, this show is flawed as f*ck...

I am genuinely curious what flaws there are when we are not even halfway in the story. I am honestly asking this. Please don't turn out be another random person throwing around buzzwords without any proper reasons.

memphis23 said:

Actually , many of my criticisms go to the MC: bland, average, no remarkable portraits, dull, as boring as Kristen Stewart's facial expressions...]

Ummm opinions..........we can all see a different person in different ways. "I don't find the MC interesting" is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

In all honestly, even if you people hate the show you can actually say a reason beside "Lol generic" and we could have a proper discussion instead of all the mud-throwing but paraze didn't even bother even after i asked him multiple times. There are valid criticisms and there are pointless hating.......the latter is obvious here.

ShockedDec 31, 2015 12:41 AM

Dec 16, 2015 2:56 AM

May 2014
Ryuutobi said:
paraze said:
If the mere existence of fanservice makes an anime bad, then ~90% of present days anime are bad because anime with 0 fanservice like Log Horizon is scarce.

God I didn't say that, but Ass War's fanserv is more rude, non-immersive, comes out of nowhere, and don't respect the characters than most of the other anime's I've seen. And ~90% of anime are bad/mediocre/average/decent.

memphis23 said:
I agree with you at 99%. Horrendous visuals? Not at all imo... What actually got me to watch this anime were the visuals.

I understand the appeal of the visuals. I mean, it's an A-1 Pictures show. But in term of animation, directing, and on and on, it's at best average. The comparison isn't fair, but look at this fight for example. And even if the style is different, for mundane scenes, KyoAni makes a waaay better job at animating mundane normal scenes. Dragon_Slayer_X will say that it's just poor excuses blah blah blah I didn't explain why Ass War's visuals aren't great at all (even though I already gave examples, like the 5 frames showing the chest of the oppai-loli during 9 seconds). Horrendous might be excessive though, sorry.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
I like to judge a show after seeing it myself rather than watching a random reviews.

And your judgement is mostly wrong in this case, that's why I redirected you to two guys who have a far bigger experience than you (and, than me), have more knowledge, and ofter make good reviews.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
If you are trying to defend your BS with a review then that's pathetic

I don't. The first one basically says the same as me, but better, and the second explores deeply Ass War's flaws, and really explains why the very first fight was totally random for example.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
That's an opinion, not a fact and shitty opinions don't count

No, Ass War is generic. That's an universal fact. When a show has the exact same characters as Mahouka, SAO, Inou-Battle, etc. etc. I can legitimately say that Ass War is generic. Notice how I'm not saying here that this fact makes this show good or bad, I'm just pointing it out how typical, uninspired and cheap this anime is (just look at the premise). Now I'll say that all of these facts makes this show awfully predictable (I admit it, I didn't see Saya randomly falling from the sky to land of the MC's shoulders coming, or the whole "omg i died 15415364651 times what a twist wait i've already seen this kind of edgy stuff in tons of other anime"). Unless one doesn't see the problem of watching over and over the same "otaku pandering anime" (reminds me a bit of the endless eight, well) and supporting the poor and lazy job of A-1 Pictures' staff... :)

P.S: And I already gave you examples, but you always say "it's just your opinion". Like the tsundere moments at the scene which introduced us the characters, do you really find them believable/credible? The camera filming the girl's boobs and ass, the fact that this show doesn't respect its characters at all don't bother you? And when I talked about how convenient the plot was, you responded "anything happening in a story that you don't like is convenient"... what a convenient answer (and that's obviously not the case).

How comes theses battles are allowed (seriously, that's super dangerous and they can litteraly destroy a building with such powers)? Why the police can't interfere with the school? How does it make sense? Do you see how convenient this random rule is?

And all of that was pretty predictable, at best not surprising, thanks to the generic characters and generic plot.

ShockedDec 31, 2015 12:28 AM
Dec 16, 2015 4:05 AM
Aug 2012
paraze said:
KyoAni makes a waaay better job at animating mundane normal scenes. Dragon_Slayer_X will say that it's just poor excuses blah blah blah I didn't explain why Ass War's visuals aren't great at all (even though I already gave examples, like the 5 frames showing the chest of the oppai-loli during 9 seconds). Horrendous might be excessive though, sorry.

KyoAni does well at animating moeblob shit that some of you people may find appealing but not they are not that great. Well FMP series was good but but after than they have gone done the moe and cutesy route. Asterisk's visuals and it's attention to details other than fanservice are great as well and you must be one of the few people that say otherwise. Go back to watching your moe crap or something.......this is getting annoying. I already destroyed your points and you couldn't say anything in defense.

paraze said:

And your judgement is mostly wrong in this case, that's why I redirected you to two guys who have a far bigger experience than you (and, than me), have more knowledge, and ofter make good reviews.

Heh so you are going judge that my judgement is wrong when you can't even make a proper arguments, shitpost and try to point at random reviewers for defense. The irony is something.

paraze said:

No, Ass War is generic. That's an universal fact.

Once again a random shitposter's shitty opinion in not a universal fact. Your delusional crap is way too pathetic. The only fact here is that you are full of shit and none of your opinions are actual arguments.

paraze said:

When a show has the exact same characters as Mahouka, SAO, Inou-Battle, etc. etc. I can legitimately say that Ass War is generic. Notice how I'm not saying here that this fact makes this show good or bad, I'm just pointing it out how typical, uninspired and cheap this anime is (just look at the premise). Now I'll say that all of these facts makes this show awfully predictable (I admit it, I didn't see Saya randomly falling from the sky to land of the MC's shoulders, or the whole "omg i died 15415364651 times what a twist wait i've already seen this kind of edgy stuff in tons of other anime"). Unless one doesn't see the problem of watching over and over the same "otaku pandering anime" (reminds me a bit of the endless eight, well) and financing the poor and lazy job of A-1 Pictures' staff... :)

Oh let's bring up a few random events and say the whole show is bad because i find it bad........please we had enough BS at this point. You haven't given a proper argument beside "Muh opinion lol" and the whole world doesn't think like you. Stop trying to prove you nonsensical issues as facts.

Preaching and spouting BS is easy. All your arguments are "Generic lol" or "Muh opinion lol"......nothing that actually adds to any discussion.

paraze said:

P.S: And I already gave you examples, but you always say "it's just your opinion". Like the tsundere moments at the scene which introduced us the characters, do you really find them believable/credible?

But it is in fact your opinion and your examples don't prove jack shit. What so unbelievable about it.....they can't act like that because people don't act like that in your small simplistic world?

paraze said:

The camera filming the girl's boobs and ass, the fact that this show doesn't respect its characters at all don't bother you?

Fanservice and it happens in most shows. The next part is supposed to mean something? The show already gave each character their own identity beyond just being fan service material. They have their own purpose and goals. You can always skip those if they harm you views.

paraze said:

And when I talked about how convenient the plot was, you responded "anything happening in a story that you don't like is convenient"... what a convenient answer (and that's obviously not the case).

Just like the convenient excuses you are making right? So what if it's predictable or convenient? The setup is done well and that the thing that counts. It doesn't matter if it's convenient in your opinion.....that's not an issue. Your convenient logic can be conveniently used in any show.

paraze said:

How comes theses battles are allowed (seriously, that's super dangerous and they can litteraly destroy a building with such powers)? Why the police can't interfere with the school? How does it make sense? Do you see how convenient this random rule is?

How about you pay attention to the boring exposition genius? Most of it is explained and makes sense in their verse. If you don't like the setting because if doesn't make sense for you then stop watching. The same convenient "It doesn't make sense to me" excuses but not why.......again. Especially when the setting has done it's job of explaining and giving your hints.

ShockedDec 31, 2015 12:41 AM

Dec 16, 2015 4:30 AM
Oct 2015
paraze said:
God I didn't say that, but Ass War's fanserv is more rude, non-immersive, comes out of nowhere, and don't respect the characters than most of the other anime's I've seen. And ~90% of anime are bad/mediocre/average/decent.
Show me which scene that you consider rude & give me an example of good fanservice scene as a comparison.
paraze said:
No, Ass War is generic. That's an universal fact. When a show has the exact same characters as Mahouka, SAO, Inou-Battle, etc. etc.
Did you even watch those shows?! While I do agree that Ayato is somewhat similar to Kirito, I can't say the same about any other characters.

No one in asterisk is a perfect waifu like Asuna. The newly introduced Priscilla may be close to that but she has no noticeable skills outside of housework.

As for Mahouka, I don't even see a character that mirrors any character from that series. No one is an OP emotionless dude like Tatsuya. No one is an acute brocon like Miyuki. etc.

The same goes for Inou-Battle. No one is as delusional as the MC of that series that I fail to remember his name. No one is a cheerful but dumb girl like his white-haired childhood friend. etc.

If you think that a character from this show is a mirror of another character, then tell us the name & the character they mirror.
paraze said:
The Academy City Atop Water (Asterisk) was specially built for that. Basically, genestellas fight for money & a wish while people watch them for entertainment. It was explained in the first episode by Claudia & supplemented by Julis in the 3rd episode.

As for the danger, a strong barrier is erected around the arena to protect the audience. See the fight between Saya+Kirin vs the Jielong pair, the dao wielding guy hit something like an invisible wall & didn't fly outside the arena after Saya shot him. Actually, Julis & Saya made their comments about AR-D's shield being something similar to the said barrier right at the start of the same episode.
paraze said:
And all of that was pretty predictable, at best not surprising, thanks to the generic characters and generic plot.
You said that but most action series are predictable. You need to stop watching any action shows if you can no longer enjoy it.
Dec 16, 2015 5:29 AM
Dec 2015
Honestly, the Asterisk LN has very good compares to others generic LN this season. Although this season pretty average, I hope A1 delivered in second cour when the tension in festival rising.

This episode is 'okay-is" to me, not bad & Irina so beauty in that shirt :)
NotThisShitAgainDec 16, 2015 5:33 AM
Murphy's Law

"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

Dec 17, 2015 3:38 PM

Jun 2015
Paraze, the animation for Asterisk is quite good for a TV series (obviously when compared to film budgets it's trash, but that isn't a fair comparison), even if you don't enjoy it. It's very clean and efficient, very little drops in quality, everything has clear and concise lines, the particle affects are great. That being said, I dislike Asterisk's art style because it's too clean. It's washed out and bland imo, but that is just a style I don't enjoy.

Dargon_Slayer, you don't have to defend this show like it is your baby. It really isn't that great of a show, and it is definitely generic. Is being generic bad? Not necessarily, being generic is what a lot of people want, otherwise "genres" wouldn't exist. I personally don't enjoy Asterisk, I think Rakudai is better, but realistically neither is a top tier show and both are very generic premises.

Mod Edit: Removed backseat modding.
ShockedDec 31, 2015 12:33 AM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

201 by Foreall908 »»
Feb 8, 1:05 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2015

116 by POLYTRON2K »»
Dec 28, 2023 11:23 PM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

324 by animegamerrose »»
Jun 21, 2023 10:01 PM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2015

180 by Gutzdeep42 »»
May 29, 2023 5:17 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

122 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 27, 2023 5:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.