Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 11, 2015 9:03 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This felt way too rushed imo. What the episode did get right is how hideous they made the monsters and the struggles of the girls in particular Yuki and Maria. The battle felt way too fast and I couldn't get used to all the buildups and intimidating mind games. The action was minimal as well compared to what I had expected.

Well whatever, they went home with all the shit that happened.
Basara's nightmare about Mio also plays briefly at home..but really, this was a disappointing finale imo.

Dat Maria cockblock. When BDs come out, it'll be uncensored with Yuki and others so go figure~

Stark700Dec 11, 2015 9:12 AM
Dec 11, 2015 9:33 AM

Jun 2012
this was worse than s1, and s1 was garbage

a job well done
Dec 11, 2015 9:41 AM

Dec 2014
Pretty disappointing finale tbh. This season tried to adapt way too much in a short amount of time, and that was it's downfall. Still loved it overall, but it would've better if it wasn't as rushed.

Anyway, looking forward to the OVA.
Dec 11, 2015 11:48 AM

Jan 2012
So they hastily explained that Lars was the one who found Basara in the forest eh? Sure, why not? That last ecchi scene...my goodness. :D Zest looked amazing during the credits in the suspenders and black top. :D That final photo of Basara and his family was sweet. A nice way to end the series.

Well, for me, this was more or less on par with season one. Decreased episode count was unfortunate though. The tournament definitely coulda used those coupla lost episodes to improve the pace, but I was satisfied by the end. And the ecchi, the series' main drawing point, was good enough. Hafta check this out again uncensored when the time comes. :D I feel like they left it open enough for a season three, but I'm not expecting it. 7/10
animefan8800Dec 11, 2015 11:54 AM
Dec 11, 2015 12:09 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Yeah the finale was rushed but even then I feel like the pacing itself worked decent enough regardless

The final fights were pretty satisfying and especially the part where Maria absolutely REKT that demon guy with the scythe (Also Maria's sister is without a doubt the hottest in that battle form out of her family lol)....The Lars stuff was really good too....Basically everyone played a role which was nice but I wish that we got a little more too

The way Basara, Mio and Leohart got rid of the demon was smart and my oh my Basara's final form looked beyond epic....I wish that we got to see him do more in that form but oh well, seeing it was enough for me.

Leo's hot sister was the biggest surprise for me considering that she's on par with Basara's dad who's hype went up even more during that entire conversation that he had with her and man oh man seeing her look the council cunts was beyond satisfying

Ending parts were alright and the expected fanservice was less as usual and like every other scene this season I expect it to be extended in a way once the BD's come out....Other than that it was a nice ending

Overall this season may not have ran as fluid as the first one did for the final arc but I will say that in terms of twists and fanservice + visuals, this season was way better

7-8/10 for me
TokoyaDec 11, 2015 12:18 PM
Dec 11, 2015 12:27 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
LARS MY BOY! HERO!

7/10
Dec 11, 2015 12:30 PM
Jun 2015
Basara was BADASS till the end, and WOW that transformation.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2015 12:34 PM

Mar 2012
Pretty much on the same agreement as everyone above ^ stated. Well there is another ova coming out..as for a S3 it would depend on the studio making it and see if it sells well. the first season had more than higher expected pre order sales they decided to animate the second season mid way so who knows.

If anybody says it was split cour...nope it was not..one cause it aired 2 cours after s1.
two the studio that made it announced higher average sales for it
three...it was left open enough it could be possible..but to occur it needs to first have enough sale and more volume content to finish it. so we will see.

7/10...good but not fantastic just like s1...main problems..to fast paced...character build up was flawed ..the ecchi was on times to extreme even for me and four at times i feel like it is ripping of DXD..i mean cmon even u can see similarities between them.
Dec 11, 2015 12:36 PM

Jan 2014
7/10 pretty good
Dec 11, 2015 12:36 PM

Nov 2011
still better then highschool dxd
Hate Keeps me warm
Dec 11, 2015 12:38 PM

Apr 2014
My thoughts about this final episode:

Eh, that's just how it ended? That's definitely way too rushed, Damn it!
Oh well, I pretty enjoyed it until the end. So I'll rate this a 6 (or up to 8) score overall. when the BDs out
And I'll wait for the BD Versions and Still gonna watch for the OVA Next Year!
Lastly, I won't mind this having a sequel after a year and over.
RayzerDec 11, 2015 2:38 PM
Haters always gonna hate.
Dec 11, 2015 12:41 PM

Sep 2014
An ok series like season 1 so... 7/10 is fine.
Dec 11, 2015 12:42 PM

Apr 2012
Leo's sister is great. I look forward to see more from her if there will ever be a third season. Btw. a moderator should set the finish date. I can't complete it.
Dec 11, 2015 1:04 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was quite rushed!

The finale was quite disappointed! That fanservice @ the ending was nice!
Dec 11, 2015 1:07 PM

Oct 2012
At least the ending was awesome, that was some nice 4k high quality content that maria filmed

other than that, pretty meh overall
Dec 11, 2015 1:12 PM

Apr 2014
IheartC2 said:

You gotta be kidding me. This was fucking obviously like a parody of High School DxD.
Seriously Angels, Demons, Vampires? and that Armor of Basara was like Issei's form!
High School DxD way too better than this shit anime!
Dec 11, 2015 1:16 PM

Apr 2015
It's nice to see Basara and Leo fight together. Lars is awesome as usual.
'I'll relieve you all together.' Wow Basara.
I think I will watch this again once the uncensored version is out. ( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Dec 11, 2015 1:16 PM
Jul 2012
Rayzer said:
IheartC2 said:

You gotta be kidding me. This was fucking obviously like a parody of High School DxD.
Seriously Angels, Demons, Vampires? and that Armor of Basara was like Issei's form!
Neither series are original though this has been done many times. But Basara is a better lead than Issei.
Dec 11, 2015 1:24 PM

Apr 2014
Jakerams said:

Neither series are original though this has been done many times. But Basara is a better lead than Issei.

Since when? Before 2008? (DxD LN)
And are you sure? Basara is better than Issei? TNK fucked the anime a bit.
Seriously that "Oniichan" and "They are my Family" was making me cringe.
RayzerDec 11, 2015 1:36 PM
Dec 11, 2015 1:28 PM

Mar 2012
Jakerams said:
Rayzer said:

let see u got Isseai brown headed kid with boosted gear and scale mail armor for major power up,,,than basara brown headed kid..with a white boost gear version with a sword and the same general power up white version scale mail.

We got rias high ranking red headed demon with ultimate destruction power with hot for main...than we have Mia red head demon girl with ultiamte destructive power and got the hots for the main.

Isee has his harem....Basara has his harem.

Demons vs Angels.....in one....Demons vs Angels in another check.

Greater power is that of a dragon....Basara dad has the greater power of the dragon.

Do u seriously think this is not a rip off? i mean there is a limit to how much u can borrow and not be noticeable which is which.
Dec 11, 2015 1:29 PM

Aug 2013
Rush or not but this was very satisfying ending for me. Maria and Kurumi gave that bastard Admira or whatever his name was a good taste of his own medicine. Ha ha Maria was about to say Kurumi is her precious toy, but it's nice to see them get long as friends. That explains the mystery of Basara laying on the ground in the forest, Lars was helping Basara all this time during off screen. Nothing like a good bromance between Basara and Lars having each others backs. So pretty much Basara kill Belphegor so he can offer peace and avoid an upcoming war? Or he kill Belphegor to give the Councilmen a little scare and reveal their plans early to take over the demon? Hmm I won't think too hard on this because once the LN gets full translated than I can understand it. Also I think the Councilmen was just the first step for Basara because this episode gave some foreshadows around Basara, Jin might be a high class ranked dragon and Basara inherited that from him, his two unknown mothers and one of them is part Demon Lord and the other one is a Angel who is also relative to Chisato, Basara being part Hero, part Demon, and Angel, and maybe part Dragon, Basara becoming a real threat in the Demon World instead of the Demon Lord himself, And Basara being the one to bring peace. I wonder if Jin and that unknown demon with him during the ending credits are looking for Basara's mothers? A lot of things happen in this episode. Haha the ending was lewd and funny. Kurumi looks a lot better with her hair down. Anyway I actually enjoy this episode and this season, but still ten episodes is not a good amount for this anime, it work for Fate/Kaleid Prisma Illya but this anime deserves a full twelve or thirteen episode. And I like season better because there's a lot mysteries around Basara and I love the Demon, and Kurumi has gotten a lot screen time along with Zest joining the crew. 9 out 10. One anime down and five more animes for me to watch this season.
Dec 11, 2015 1:30 PM

Mar 2013
I think I stick with DXD which is a far better series...

I actually like issei more than Basara who I found pretty boring.
NewhopesDec 11, 2015 1:35 PM

Dec 11, 2015 1:43 PM

Aug 2015
And of course this season ends with an all you can fuck orgy...
GG,best anime ever! (not really)
Dec 11, 2015 2:00 PM

Aug 2013
Rayzer said:
Jakerams said:

Yes most mangas, animes and hentais had used the same types of elements before the DxD LN's was created (2008). Demons, Angels, Magical weapons, Magic, Mythical creatures, Vampires etc etc. Like manga/animes like Yu Yu Hakusho had demons and magical weapons and the demon world, and InuYasha which had demons has well. And hentais like Angel Blade, Slayers, La Blue Girl, Words Worth, and Himekishi Lilia etc etc all had similar elements like DxD and they were made before DxD was created.
Dec 11, 2015 2:00 PM

Oct 2011
Its over T________T
Dec 11, 2015 2:01 PM

Nov 2008
the end of the episode was funny with maria and everyone else waltzing in.

Dec 11, 2015 2:08 PM

May 2015
Pretty meh final episode. It felt pretty underwhelming. Can't say I enjoyed this season more than the previous season. I would probably say my enjoyment for this season were just the same as the first season. 7/10.

Dec 11, 2015 2:08 PM

Feb 2015
Still better than BorN.

I wouldn't be surprised if the OVA is going to be:

Dec 11, 2015 2:12 PM

Apr 2014
Rayzer said:

[/spoiler]
Yes most mangas, animes and hentais had used the same types of elements before the DxD LN's was created (2008). Demons, Angels, Magical weapons, Magic, Mythical creatures, Vampires etc etc. Like manga/animes like Yu Yu Hakusho had demons and magical weapons and the demon world, and InuYasha which had demons has well. And hentais like Angel Blade, Slayers, La Blue Girl, Words Worth, and Himekishi Lilia etc etc all had similar elements like DxD and they were made before DxD was created.

We mean the almost overall (put together) themes of DxD as I said. Not just partial elements. As if there's anything could be said "original".
Dec 11, 2015 2:14 PM

Apr 2014
Overall, meh.
The fight with Chaos is too rush.
Leohart's sister...damn she is strong, even Basara's old man is afraid.
That last scene tho...so lewd, but those censorship...
5/10
Dec 11, 2015 2:18 PM
Aug 2012
3rd Season when!? There's so much more of the story to be told. I like this version of the Opening for this episode. Definitely one of my top favorite Harem series.
So... maybe as early as Fall 2016 for a 3rd season. Looks like they stopped at the 7th volume of the Light Novel (currently at 9 volumes). The Burst OVA is coming out January 2016, which might be a side story of the minor stuff in the Light Novel.

shadowfox254 said:
Still better than BorN.

I had a similar idea for the OVA. Being a side story OVA. If I'm correct the whole 8th volume goes into more detail about Basara past/origin.
Dec 11, 2015 2:21 PM

Aug 2013
Rayzer said:
[/spoiler]

We mean the almost overall (put together) themes of DxD as I said. Not just partial elements. As if there's anything could be said "original".

Original? Are you saying DxD is more original?
Dec 11, 2015 2:25 PM

Aug 2013
shadowfox254 said:
Still better than BorN.

I bet my money the OVA will be short stories from Vol.6, like the first half from the last OVA with Maria and Mio and the banana. I think second OVA will have Basara, Kurumi, and Zest threesome in the first half of the OVA while the second half will be about Basara and Chisato.
Dec 11, 2015 2:34 PM

Feb 2015
K-Anime said:
3rd Season when!? There's so much more of the story to be told. I like this version of the Opening for this episode. Definitely one of my top favorite Harem series.
So... maybe as early as Fall 2016 for a 3rd season. Looks like they stopped at the 7th volume of the Light Novel (currently at 9 volumes). The Burst OVA is coming out January 2016, which might be a side story of the minor stuff in the Light Novel.

shadowfox254 said:
Still better than BorN.

I had a similar idea for the OVA. Being a side story OVA. If I'm correct the whole 8th volume goes into more detail about Basara past/origin.
Dec 11, 2015 2:37 PM
Jul 2018
Sasuga IMS. Ruining another series. This series would be better off if it was made by a different studio and Mio wasn't the lead girl. We'll get DAL S3 before another of this.
Dec 11, 2015 2:49 PM

Jun 2015
Ha DxD is way better than this, but I'm not a picky person so I liked this regardless of pacing or whatever the hell since I hardly read since it ruins the show since you have a bias towards the show before it airs.
Dec 11, 2015 2:59 PM

Aug 2012
Does anybody know who the demon that's running around with Jin Toujou is?
Dec 11, 2015 3:02 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
5/10.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 11, 2015 3:07 PM

Feb 2015
not bad but very rushed and the series was too short in general. Fan service was decent as expected but not a good as season one. DXD is still a far better series. I'd give it a 6/10
Dec 11, 2015 3:32 PM

Mar 2013
The whole S2 felt rush. Only thing I enjoy in S2 is Liala. Best girl IMO.
Dec 11, 2015 3:34 PM
Jan 2015
It was ok I guess. Why does it still say airing though? I thought this was the last episode
Dec 11, 2015 3:37 PM

Oct 2014
IheartC2 said:
BorN > Burst imo.
First season was better than DxD, this is just plain bad.. nothing more to it.

I had hopes after s1 but it just went downhill after they went into the demon realm (ep 4 or 5?). Haven't read the LN up to that point but even from anime-only perspective, everything about it is less than average even the ecchi this episode feels so forced. (what's with the ED? foreshadowing the OVA?). 5/10
Dec 11, 2015 4:45 PM

Nov 2011
Let's go inside the minds of the people who made this episode and the previous ones, they we're probably thinking this.
"Let's make Maria, Lars, Kurumi and Zest look fucking awesome."
"Wait, even better, let's make Yuki and Maria's sister fucking worthless even though Yuki is one of the best characters in this shit anime"
"Let's also rush the shit out of this episode and not have it make any sense."
"Oh wait, while we're at it, let's make MIo and Basara almost have sex to piss everyone off"

Fuck this ending, and fuck Mio she is useless and the worst character in this anime.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 11, 2015 4:48 PM

Apr 2014
so we are judging stories to a borderline hentai anime

lol okay guys okay

ill wait fot the BDs
Dec 11, 2015 4:50 PM

Nov 2011
Xenobreaker said:
He was some demon saved by him earlier in the season, in all honesty I wouldn't mind a spin off with them doing crazy adventures, they were running in the ending and it looked awesome.
Listen to my podcast

Follow my twitch.

Dec 11, 2015 4:54 PM
Jul 2018
SoraSenpai said:
Xenobreaker said:
He was some demon saved by him earlier in the season, in all honesty I wouldn't mind a spin off with them doing crazy adventures, they were running in the ending and it looked awesome.

Jin, Riara and Lars deserve a spinoff. I don't really care for any other characters, but they're amusing as hell to me.
Dec 11, 2015 4:58 PM

Nov 2011
Ophis said:
SoraSenpai said:

Jin, Riara and Lars deserve a spinoff. I don't really care for any other characters, but they're amusing as hell to me.
I want a Lars spinoff, in my opinion next to Jin Lars was the best Male character in this anime, he would have been the best character in my opinion but Yuki captured my heart so she gets the top spot haha.
Listen to my podcast

Follow my twitch.

Dec 11, 2015 6:42 PM

Jul 2012
Like everyone else is saying this episode was rushed and it just sucks that they couldnt get at least 12 episode but having 10 made it some of these episode really rushed. Still I did enjoy the episode, the action was okay but it was really the story with seeing Lars being a bro and helping out Basara and seeing Jin and Leohearts sister about to fight and learn more about her and showing a lot of things that point into a 3rd season. Lastly that ending was awesome Basara with his harem gonna have fun that night!

Here is my full review on the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnaJ9jBvgB8&feature=youtu.be
Dec 11, 2015 7:35 PM

Jan 2015
block100 said:
Still a lot of unanswered questions, hopefully they make another season down the line.

You said it, mate.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 11, 2015 7:48 PM
Dec 2014
Lars is the best, enough said.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2015

81 by Lmonman »»
Jul 21, 2023 12:13 PM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2015

68 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 7, 2023 8:02 AM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2015

65 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 7, 2023 7:19 AM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2015

70 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 7, 2023 5:44 AM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2015

56 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 7, 2023 4:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.