Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 11, 2015 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, the boys looks nice in their more formal military outfits. Still a lot of teasing from Frolaytia.

I'm glad to see the show return to more action with Object warfare especially with the Elite princess piloting Baby Magnum again. The military campaign and operation was somewhat thrilling. I think this episode had more fun with itself as well. JC Staff also seems to poured quite a bit of budget into the explosive scenes, probably to showcase the firepower of the Objects although too quick for this episode. The cliffhanger though...the action should get more serious from here.

Dec 11, 2015 9:03 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That pole dancing scene was too fucking great lol and that battle scene was pretty good as usual

Looks like we're finally getting an arc revolving around best girl Frolaytia so I'm excited to see how this plays out considering that she's nobility too even =o
TokoyaDec 11, 2015 9:07 AM
Dec 11, 2015 9:09 AM

Jan 2012
Two things I love: fried chicken and titanic tits! :D Seriously, that pole dance scene was very necessary! :D Hope they teach that smug douche a lesson.
Dec 11, 2015 9:32 AM

Jan 2015

Even so, the only thing that picks my interest was the Airplane.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 11, 2015 10:06 AM

Feb 2014
This episode was a mass info dump. With so much techno talk and info dumps I am thinking it maybe easier to just watch the dub when it comes out (if its decent)

J.C Staff has definitely learned how to do some nice fan service this year.
Dec 11, 2015 10:28 AM

Apr 2010
Is it just me or is this anime getting worse?
Most of this episode seemed pretty pointless to me mostly fan service which can hardly be considered as such.
And Qwencer nagging about fried chicken.
eXtacy67 said:
This episode was a mass info dump. With so much techno talk and info dumps I am thinking it maybe easier to just watch the dub when it comes out.
Even if you consider it a info dump i can hardly call it one.
Most of this episode was about fried chicken, pole dancing and having tea with an elderly couple who might even be the enemy (I would not be surprised if they are).
And then there was some stuck up noble.

Why would anyone want to revive aristocracy in the first place?
Dec 11, 2015 10:52 AM

Apr 2011
Ah its back! Average episode. The highlight for me was the pole dance. It was funny the princess broke the pole on her attempt.
Dec 11, 2015 10:55 AM

Dec 2013
Pole dancing was funny but that's about it.
Dec 11, 2015 11:07 AM

Nov 2012
Not fair, I wanted to see the princess do the pole dancing too...
Dec 11, 2015 11:29 AM
Jul 2018
That pole dancing scene was nice.
Dec 11, 2015 11:35 AM
Jul 2018
Dat pole dance O.O

A nice set up episode this week. Looks like Frolaytia is probably in an arranged marriage with that douchy noble guy. I hope he gets a good sucker punch to the face just for his attitude lol.
Dec 11, 2015 11:49 AM

Feb 2014
Dem pole dancing skills of Frolaytia. O_O

The episode was heavy on the info dumping, but it was still good overall, fitting in enjoyable comedy and the small battle scene as well.

I'm surprised that Frolaytia has the nobility status. By the looks of it, I think she might have some history with the cocky prince that she's working with on this operation. Also going by his words, he wants to tame Frolaytia as well...

If it's anything that'll put her life or freedom at risk, then please, oh please J.C.Staff, give this guy that same physical treatment that the commander guy in the Oceanian arc got...a nice punch to the face! >D
Dec 11, 2015 11:51 AM

Feb 2015
likes the pole dance but rambling explanations ruined this episode. It would also be nice if we go to see the characters outside of the battlefield setting as it's getting a bit repetitive.
Dec 11, 2015 11:55 AM

Jul 2014
Pole dancing bit was pretty good, but the rest of the episode was basically lazy exposition and little else. Weakest episode so far, I'd have to say.
Dec 11, 2015 12:14 PM

Feb 2015
LMAO that pole dancing was really funny, but too sad that the princess didn't do it.
at least we got this one :D

That explosion on the mountain was amazing...
hope for good action in this arc :D
Dec 11, 2015 12:56 PM

May 2015
There is something wrong when the pole-dancing scene was the only “memorable” and “good” thing about this episode.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Dec 11, 2015 1:16 PM

Nov 2015
Too much fanservice, but I like it this way.
I hope i can see the special Bavarian cream molded off Princess's boobs lol
Dec 11, 2015 1:50 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
There should be an uncensored OVA of Froylatia poledancing. Sales would increase dramatically.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 11, 2015 3:11 PM

Jan 2014
Stark700 said:

This series just took fanservice to a whole other level.

Can we dub her overall best girl of the season allready?
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Dec 11, 2015 3:28 PM

Sep 2013
o yeah, that pole dance ... awesome ... something to cheer for in this otherwise boring fightless episode :P :D
Dec 11, 2015 3:37 PM
Dec 2012
No wonder this anime is rated relatively low. It's my favorite light novel and anime and I just realized that people are coming to watch the anime for action and mecha.
You don't watch this anime for the action and mecha. You watch it for humor, world-building, and character-building. It's never meant to be focused on action or mecha. In fact reading 10 volumes of the light novel, I don't remember much about the Objects. I only remember the stupid things Heivia & Quenser did and the stupid things happening around them.
Dec 11, 2015 4:11 PM

May 2015
Well, nothing interesting happened this episode. Hopefully we'll get some action next episode. Best part was Frolaytia pole dancing, obviously. Also, that elite guy has lame hair. What a clown.

Dec 11, 2015 4:47 PM

Jul 2012
Hmm this was an okay episode but that is usually how it is with the first episodes of each arc of this so far so thats okay. I did love the fanservice tho with Milinda sunbathing and then of course come on that pole dancing scene with Frolaytia was just...WOW lol. This was a build up episode and it did good by introducing a new kind of bad guy and he seems to know Frolaytia and she is acutally nobility too so its good to see that we are going more in to Frolaytia's backstory this time. I can't wait to see what else they have for us about Frolaytia in the next episode!

Here is my full review on the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WoRnRRiC3o&feature=youtu.be
Dec 11, 2015 4:58 PM

Jul 2013
This episode was relatively boring compared to previous ones. I still enjoyed it (especially those rants on fried chicken), but not much happened. Like everyone else has said, there was a lot of info dumping.

Based on the mysterious evil-looking guy from the OP, as well as the "subjects" we saw at the end of episode 7, I still feel like there should be more coming from this anime. I feel like there's some kind of darker subplot (or at least that's what episode 7 indicated). I love Qwenthur and Havia, and I love all the comedy and back-and-forth, but I want MORE from this series! Watching them kick Object ass for another 14 episodes would be fun, of course, but I want more.
Dec 11, 2015 5:07 PM

Sep 2010
iceaco said:
In fact reading 10 volumes of the light novel, I don't remember much about the Objects. I only remember the stupid things Heivia & Quenser did and the stupid things happening around them.

That is pretty much what I remember being someone who is only watching the anime. XD

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Dec 11, 2015 5:20 PM

Apr 2015
This episode was in Brazil :O

Dec 11, 2015 5:39 PM

Aug 2015
Pole dancing scene was funny.
Dec 11, 2015 7:07 PM

Oct 2015
the waiting worth it.
nice chapter. fried chicken, pole dancing, iguazu farmers (i live in a zone closer to that).
i believe than i will hate bright hooper's pilot.
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Dec 11, 2015 7:12 PM

May 2015
Daily reminder that this story is supposed to be about war.

Supposed.
Dec 11, 2015 7:24 PM

Dec 2014
Frolaytia and the new guy might be engaged.....????

Pole dancing scene.... :)
Dec 11, 2015 7:38 PM

Jan 2013
That pole dancing by Frolaytia....daaaaaaaaaaaamn son xD
I don't know but i think Qwenthur knew if he would talk about chicken and pole dance, Princess and Frolaytia wouldn't refuse them. Smart choice :D
I wonder where is the Object. Btw that new guy is a di** we can clearly see that.
Love it how they change the mission locations.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 11, 2015 8:10 PM

Dec 2013
Qwenthur wins the bet! I cannot wait to see the Princess spreading whipped cream all over her chest! XD

On the other hand, the new guy seems like a spoiled prick. I'll be looking forward to seeing him get his face smashed in or something. Also, I thought object pilots had to be women for some reason (since they never showed one that was a man before :P), so maybe the new "dude" is a... she?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Dec 11, 2015 8:24 PM

Mar 2008
Hime pole dancing, yes please.
Dec 11, 2015 8:24 PM

Jul 2009
I've lost the count of how many times I've facepalmed at this episode, but well...I've seen worst series. Or not? It's hard to know because this series got too many 'nothing interesting happened' episodes.

KaoruMatsuoka said:

Supposed.

This.

iceaco said:
No wonder this anime is rated relatively low. It's my favorite light novel and anime and I just realized that people are coming to watch the anime for action and mecha.
You don't watch this anime for the action and mecha. You watch it for humor, world-building, and character-building. It's never meant to be focused on action or mecha. In fact reading 10 volumes of the light novel, I don't remember much about the Objects. I only remember the stupid things Heivia & Quenser did and the stupid things happening around them.

What the f***? You can't be serious, you have read 10 volumes of this and you can't even remember the MC name? Also what's the point of a mecha/military series which hardly shows any battles nor the mechas or even a real strategy?

No wonder this series has a low score, it lacks too much consistency and the characters are too obnoxious and shallow.
Dec 11, 2015 9:01 PM

Oct 2011
OMG pole dancing <3
Dec 11, 2015 9:18 PM

Jun 2015
Jonny_Mhl said:

What the f***? You can't be serious, you have read 10 volumes of this and you can't even remember the MC name? Also what's the point of a mecha/military series which hardly shows any battles nor the mechas or even a real strategy?

The MC names aren't translated into English consistently. I've seen everything from Helvia to Havia and from Qwensaur to Quensar. It's kinda weird.

Also, it's by the Toaru Index author. It's reallly the same story just with less supernatural and more technology. So if you're looking for complex strategy or a focus on battling, look at Toaru Index, realize it doesn't really have much of that either, and then your expectations will be set at the right level lol.

Seriously, don't think of this as a Mecha anime. Think of this as Index if Academy City conquered the world and found no supernatural stuff.
weewahDec 11, 2015 10:09 PM
Dec 11, 2015 9:27 PM
Aug 2012
Jonny_Mhl said:

No wonder this series has a low score, it lacks too much consistency and the characters are too obnoxious and shallow.

He did remember the names though........LN reader like us sometimes use the translated names used before the anime came out. Qwenthur just looks weird tbh. Also this show is more about combination of underdog Object Battles + Tactics/Strategy by our 2 MC's instead of mindless action. The strategies are explained well enough.....maybe you didn't pay attention because it's boring.

The show doesn't lack consistency but the problem is that the complainers have a prescribed notion of thinking that a Mecha anime is all about cool light shows between humanoid robots which is not the case for HO. As a mecha fan, it's good to see something a bit different in the mecha genre time to time.

This show has it's fair share of characters, comedy, development, world building, gray morality, shady politics and action/strategy. It's not like the typical mecha shows that you are used to seeing and it will be more about our MCs and how their actions change the tide of the battles instead of cool mecha light shows. It can be a hit and miss with people but stop complaining or calling out on people because you are watching it with the wrong mindset.
Dragon_Slayer_XDec 11, 2015 9:33 PM

Dec 12, 2015 12:31 AM

Jun 2013
yeah they become motivated for some reason the new dude is an asshole
Dec 12, 2015 4:39 AM

Oct 2014
Man, that pole dancing
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2015 6:26 AM

Jul 2009
weewah said:
-Snip-

You can nitpick while trying to compare the MC from Toaru with the one in HO but there is absolutely no point comparing any of the Toaru series with HO, because they have nothing in common besides the author.

It's the same as pick the vampire genre and attempt to compare Shiki, Helling, Noblesse and Owari no Seraph with each other, even if they have vampires in every one of them they also don't have nothing in common besides the genre.
Dec 12, 2015 11:16 AM

Feb 2011
^ You do realize the implications of comparing two series with the same author, right? The author obviously intended to make the two different by genre, but there's always that something that makes it unique to the author that others can't duplicate. That is, unless your a fan of his/her work, want to duplicate it to the best of your ability, and succeed. weewah wasn't really comparing the MCs but I can see how Touma from Index can be compared w/ our MCs here, too. They are both underdogs in some way, so your "besides the author" statement has been disproved. There's also the fact that both have little girls who take on important roles. These can be compared in any genre.

When your comparing genres, you'll see that differences come up mainly due to the different view points of the authors. If they had the same view point, you would see far more similarities to compare besides genre. Just one example off the top of my head from this season's anime is Rakudai & Asterisk. Very common genre, so it's hard to make it unique. This series, however, has the unique factor that most Mecha anime lack. Of course, it's still hard to stray from what has already been done. I'll also disprove your other statement by saying your vampire genre examples mostly consisted of cases were the unique factor was greatest. There are also vampire stories that are similar because of the common belief of what vampires are. I've only seen one of your examples, but I'm sure they don't all follow common belief. I'd say Blood Lad strays from it most, but it's not like I've seen every vampire story out there. I'll add that a different setting & characters make a big difference as well.

In other words, don't expect everything to be different when an author makes something new. There's always that unique factor that connects the two as well as character design & setting, unless your saying you don't see it. It's not uncommon for an author's works to be compared with his/her others. It can be completely different, but the same even though they were trying to go for something new. This is obviously something new, but the author still shows the same view point in his other works. Of course, I haven't read all his works, but I must admit Index has more than just the author in common.
ReloadDec 12, 2015 12:29 PM
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Dec 12, 2015 11:19 AM

Sep 2012
I was somewhat disappointed that our princess didn't get to pole dance.

But this was quite a heavy episode. Lots of words flying through one ear and out the other. All I took from this episode was pole dancing, titanic tits and the obligatory snobby rich stuck up asshole douche bag as appeared. I hope our gang destroys his attitude.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Dec 12, 2015 8:41 PM

May 2015
i love pole dancing, highly recommended
Dec 13, 2015 5:37 AM

Jun 2013
Jonny_Mhl said:
I've lost the count of how many times I've facepalmed at this episode, but well...I've seen worst series. Or not? It's hard to know because this series got too many 'nothing interesting happened' episodes.

KaoruMatsuoka said:

Supposed.

This.

iceaco said:

war? you watch wrong series dude. this show is about "what if" technology literally sci-fi on some military action and non-humanoid mecha. the battles are occured because of "something". it's not in the war state. if it's one, the story will be a large scale battle to occupy enemy's capital.

Daily reminder that this show is not a dark series which focus in telling bad side of human or whatever. it focus in technology and it's implementation so the info dump is needed cause all new arc produces new implementation "what if" technology.

desetanDec 13, 2015 5:41 PM
bad english incoming
sorry for that
Dec 13, 2015 8:04 AM
Dec 2012
Reload said:
Of course, I haven&#039;t read all his works, but I must admit Index has more than just the author in common.
Yup yup, you got it.
Kamachi Kazuma, Kawakami Minoru, Sazane Kei are my favorite authors. They wrote a bunch of series with significantly different genre or backstories, but you can find the unique authors' flavor as you read the stories. Something that makes you 'oh, must be him writing this story'.

With Kamachi Kazuma, it's mainly where he tend to throw random stories and characters at you, then everything seems to spin out of control, then suddenly everything comes together and you realize all the incidents and characters are interconnected. Intellectual Village, Waltraute, A Simple Survey shares that also.

Of course, heavy object and index has a bit more in common. Recycled technology is one thing. Anyone remember the Endymion movie? Space laser elevator? Author wrote about it in heavy object before writing the Endymion story. There's also cameos such as Quenser and Heivia watching a story about Touma in the light novel @_@

And wow, there sure is a lot of open minded people here. My faith in the anime lovers community has been restored lol. I'm happy to see at least a few people can appreciate this show for what it is instead of forcing their preconceived notion on it~
iceacoDec 13, 2015 9:18 AM
Dec 13, 2015 8:31 PM

Oct 2008
LOL at Hime when she tried to pole dance, the poke broke & the 2 was instakarma bwahaha!
Aristocrats are involved & Frolaytia is also a noble?
and looks like we have a stronger spec Objecto!
4/5.

Dec 13, 2015 11:24 PM
Nov 2010
At first I thought Princess had insane gorilla strength and broke the pipe but it almost sounded like Frolaytia weakened it while she was demonstrating (cough too heavy?) and then Princess did the finishing blow.

Overall I'm just totally confused how production for this episode was delayed...since it was relatively slow. I wonder if it was the CG aspect...

The noble looks like another minor speed bump character. For a moment I thought the duel was with that other idol-singing Elite.
Dec 14, 2015 3:29 PM
Jun 2010
eXtacy67 said:
This episode was a mass info dump. With so much techno talk and info dumps I am thinking it maybe easier to just watch the dub when it comes out (if its decent)

J.C Staff has definitely learned how to do some nice fan service this year.

I agree, but I thought it was pretty interesting. However, I'm sure there's a better way they could have gotten some if not all of the info across.
Dec 16, 2015 10:01 AM
Dec 2015
Nice Fanservice & new costume in Brazil wow. The best duo of the year should given to Quenser & Hevia, they're hillarious.

Mass Conglomerate Drive hhmm such a tough enemies.
Murphy's Law

"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

Dec 19, 2015 3:48 PM

Feb 2013
The Milinda-service was strong with this episode. Not complaining.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

125 by MxS7HGS »»
Jul 7, 2023 9:27 AM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

61 by MxS7HGS »»
Jul 7, 2023 8:30 AM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

48 by MxS7HGS »»
Jul 4, 2023 1:52 PM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2016

65 by MxS7HGS »»
Jul 4, 2023 1:07 PM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2016

56 by MxS7HGS »»
Jul 4, 2023 12:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.