Forum Settings
Forums

Atheist Billboard in Triad Urges People to Skip Church (This shit is retarded)

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Post New Reply
Dec 10, 2015 10:00 PM

http://www.twcnews.com/nc/triad/news/2015/12/9/atheist-billboard-in-triad-urges-people-to-skip-church-.html

Article said:

KERNERSVILLE - The American Atheists Organization launched a series of billboards that may lead to some spirited debate this holiday season.

The billboards, which sit between Greensboro and Winston-Salem, feature a picture of Santa Claus urging drivers to go ahead and skip church and just be good for goodness' sake.

"That is ridiculous,” said Triad resident Felisha Wotring. “That should not be put up around here."

Nick Fish, the national program director for American Atheist, said this is the fifth or sixth year the organization has been doing the billboards as part of a campaign to encourage closeted atheists to come out and celebrate.

"It's important that people know there are millions of us out there in the U.S. who don't believe in God,” said Fish. "We want to get the message out that not everybody is religious and not everybody is a Christian. This is the truth in every city in every state across the country."

Last year, billboards went up in Arkansas, Missouri, Milwaukee and Tennessee. They featured an image of a little girl writing to Santa saying, "All I want for Christmas is to skip church." This year, Santa replied.

"Santa's saying, 'Go ahead, skip church, don't worry about it, just be a good person,'” said Fish. “We want people to know that it's OK to skip church and leave your religion behind, just be a good person."

This is a message not many Triad residents agree with.

"If they've got a picture of Santa Claus and they're against God, it's a contradiction in my mind for the fact that Santa represents Christmas. Christmas represents Jesus Christ and Christianity," said John Pierce.

One local minister thinks the billboard has a misleading message.

“I believe in the freedom of speech and the right for people to share their views,” said First Christian Ministries Senior Minister Pete Kunkle. “I do believe that many times there is misconception about the church. The billboard that I saw talks about being good for goodness' sake and relates goodness to going to church. I’m not necessarily good because I go to church anymore than I am a car because I walk into my garage. Jesus referred to the church as a hospital for the sick. I see people hurting on a weekly basis...loneliness, fear and guilt. Jesus has the remedy to all of that and can give us wholeness where there is emptiness.”

One pastor even calls the billboard, "A blatant and mocking attack on all the true followers of Jesus Christ."

"I would never be so brazen as to advertise that in billboard format,” said Lead Pastor at Triad Baptist Church Robert Decker. “My sentiment is a somewhat discerned, but somewhat divisive as well; 'Choose you this day whom you will serve...as for me and my house we will serve the Lord.'"

The American Atheists Organization argues sharing its message is a matter of free speech.

"Religious folks put up billboards all the time that say things like, 'Jesus is the way,' or 'Join our church' and nobody looks at that and says, 'Oh that's very controversial,’" said Fish.

One homeless man though says God is all he has left.

"If atheists don't believe in God, they need to keep that to themselves," said Louie Nolancombs.

Fish said there are nearly 200 American Atheists partners and affiliates all across the United States including five in North Carolina.

This year's billboards will run through the month of December.

"teh religious peple pushing their beliefs on others tsk tsk tsk"

Dec 10, 2015 10:09 PM

^well, we deal with theists shit propaganda all the time. Our propaganda is shit too? Deal with it.

yes it's ridiculous, but who cares? Bigots?

Dec 10, 2015 10:13 PM

Clebardman said:
^well, we deal with theists shit propaganda all the time. Our propaganda is shit too? Deal with it.

yes it's ridiculous, but who cares? Bigots?

pot calling kettle black is what it comes down to on both sides

Dec 10, 2015 10:14 PM

Athiest.org lol is that a real thing? for something thats not a group or religion in of itself and is just a term to describe people with a lack of religious belief it certainly seems to have its own group, websites/our group vs their group thing going, seems awfully pointless for you to go out of your way to try to offend a group of people.

At least Church signs usually say things like "Jesus loves you, come worship this Christmas" not "Aren't atheists shit L O L *winky santa face*" - Christians.org

Dec 10, 2015 10:16 PM

Spooks said:
Athiest.org lol is that a real thing, seems awfully pointless to you out of your way to try to offend a group of people. At least Church signs usually say things like "Jesus loves you, come worship this Christmas" not "Aren't atheists shit L O L" - Christians.org

I would prefer this.

Dec 10, 2015 10:20 PM

Altairius said:
Spooks said:
Athiest.org lol is that a real thing, seems awfully pointless to you out of your way to try to offend a group of people. At least Church signs usually say things like "Jesus loves you, come worship this Christmas" not "Aren't atheists shit L O L" - Christians.org

I would prefer this.

Same.

BTW gj Spooks, you're totally not biased. Good idea, atheists should let religious people organize themselves in pressure lobbies and do nothing while fanatics fuck up their countries.

Dec 10, 2015 10:21 PM

Altairius said:
Spooks said:

I would prefer this.

I like this one, still waiting on that Jesus action movie.

Clebardman said:

BTW gj Spooks, you're totally not biased. Good idea, atheists should let religious people organize themselves in pressure lobbies and do nothing while fanatics fuck up their countries.

Are you going to be on my ass everytime I even think anything religious or show bias towards my own thing when someone else says something stupid towards it because its getting old having to listen to it. Getting a little tired anytime I mention Christianity to be told by you how im a terrorist sympathizer, kill babies and because im religious are responsible for all terrorism in the world. Give it a rest. Can't even talk in a light hearted maner in a thread because its about religion. I like to let things slide (including bad mouthing me behind my back to others) but getting this all the time is reaching limits where its just become rather offensive anti religious bigotry/slander. Now I'm for free speech but its coming across as systematic targeted abuse which I wouldn't stand been done to anyone else.

Time to start treating religious people around here like people who deserve a bit of respect now and again and not judge them for all the actions of all religion throughout history because thats childish. I became religious yes doesn't mean I void my deserve some respect card.
Modified by Spooks, Dec 10, 2015 10:29 PM

Dec 10, 2015 10:26 PM

So... are people still going to argue that atheism is a religion?

Anyway, what an insecure organisation. America is like 70% christian, you're gonna have a hard time if you think you change people's beliefs that way.

Dec 10, 2015 10:26 PM

^^If you actually did something else than atheism and egalitarism bashing, yeah. but you actually don't give a fuck about anime, don't discuss it, and just pour oil on every fire you find on CD. take your head out of your ass and take a look in anime suggestions or discussion, you'll see that I have better stuff to do than stalking you.

Dec 10, 2015 10:28 PM
otaking
Clebardman said:
^^If you actually did something else than atheism and egalitarism bashing, yeah. but you actually don't give a fuck about anime, don't discuss it, and just pour oil on every fire you find on CD.

huh
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong

Dec 10, 2015 10:30 PM

All I see is Christians crying that atheists exist. Nothing new.

"If atheists don't believe in God, they need to keep that to themselves," said Louie Nolancombs.
topkek

Dec 10, 2015 10:31 PM

Not surprised....godless atheists and their baby eating agenda is back for the holiest time of year to mess with God's children.

Don't these people have a Satanic ritual to attend?

Why can't they leave good Christian people alone?

And it's MERRY CHRISTMAS folks....not this PC happy holidays bullshit.

Dec 10, 2015 10:34 PM

Clebardman said:
^^If you actually did something else than atheism and egalitarism bashing, yeah. but you actually don't give a fuck about anime, don't discuss it, and just pour oil on every fire you find on CD. take your head out of your ass and take a look in anime suggestions or discussion, you'll see that I have better stuff to do than stalking you.

Whats your beef exactly, I do a lot of other things on CD all the time you just selectivity wait until I comment on a religion thread thats on topic to jump into your grand assaults you ignroe every other none religious thread I take part in. So do I comment on the side of Christianity in religious threads? noo shiit really? of course I do because its on topic and everyone comes down on one side or another. I see you never berate any militant athiest in those threads so you're just as bias. In fact more so because I don't go on personal assaults against individual users because of their belief system. We have atleast 6 other obviously Christian users saying the same things as me but who do you always target for weak thinly veiled personal insults that you think you can get away with just because of my religion?

Yes I don't watch anime but im on this forum? is that how low you're going to make your point. I don't think you dislike me because of my religion I think you for some reason have developed a personal grudge against me personally. god knows why but the tag line "you don't like anime you don't belong here" is freaking weak.

and no I honestly don't think you have anything better to do because 100% of the none religious threads you're not there to bother me as soon as I even look at a religious thread you're there ready to insult me personally and yet nobody else. Seriously change the record.

Its time you start treating others with some basic human dignity and respect, no more personal insults that you hide behind "im just insulting your religion" no more going behind others backs. You want to talk religion on topic great but keep up the insults, the you're responsible for terrorism and deaths, the lack of basic respect I still manage to offer you and I will report you like I would anyone doing the same to someone else.
Modified by Spooks, Dec 10, 2015 10:38 PM

Dec 10, 2015 10:36 PM

Spooks said:
I don't think you dislike me because of my religion I think you for some reason have developed a personal grudge against me personally

as I even look at a religious thread you're there ready to insult me personally and yet nobody else. Seriously change the record.

Sad case of selective memory and paranoïa

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1460141

enjoy, maybe you'll feel better afterwards.

Dec 10, 2015 10:40 PM

Clebardman said:
Spooks said:
I don't think you dislike me because of my religion I think you for some reason have developed a personal grudge against me personally

as I even look at a religious thread you're there ready to insult me personally and yet nobody else. Seriously change the record.

Sad case of selective memory and paranoïa

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1460141

enjoy, maybe you'll feel better afterwards.

And yet you still managed to show more respect to those individuals. All you do in every religious thread I comment on is target the individual directly, you targeted their arguments in the other. With me its always "hur hur fucking spooks religious twat" time to show some respect.

and I'm still going to point out, of course I have bias genius so do you just the opposite side of the coin. Stop trying to use that like its a point against anything said its a stupid argument to make. you want to talk like adults with differing opinion, just waiting on you to catch up with a bit of mutual respect I keep offering.

Dec 10, 2015 10:42 PM

Spooks said:
And yet you still managed to show more respect to those individuals. All you do in every religious thread I comment on is target the individual directly, you targeted their arguments in the other. With me its always "hur hur fucking spooks religious twat" time to show some respect.

because I totally didn't point out the nonsense in your comment. you're snapping dude.

Dec 10, 2015 10:44 PM

Dec 10, 2015 10:45 PM

Clebardman said:

because I totally didn't point out the nonsense in your comment. you're snapping dude.

It is funny that I can just flip the coin and everything you complain about can be reversed towards you.

Clebardman said:

BTW gj Clecardman, you're totally not biased. Good idea, Christians should let atheists organize themselves in pressure lobbies and do nothing while left wing nuts fuck up their countries.

see? complain about someones bias is pointless, of course they have bias. Bringing up the same arguments over and over also doesn't advance anything. I already know your position on religion why do you feel the need to personally remind me every thread. Stay in your corner I'll stay in mine because otherwise we're going over the same thing again and again. It is possible to post our opinions without having to target each other (again) I'll even go through the cliff notes:

Me: Hurp derop religion comment followed by something humorous about jesus
You: address me directly "you're bias spooks apparently that means you're wrong. Religion, religion, religion, terrorists. fucking, fucking, religion, spirituality, religion is a lobby group I hate that
me: kay why keep telling me directly
you: you represent religion (apparently) I R dislike you!
me: kay guess im religion now and not just a person who happens to be religious as a side point. I have other values and things going on you know, like a whole person
You: no you are religious you hate the world and athiests!

and we do that 50 times.
Modified by Spooks, Dec 11, 2015 12:24 AM

Dec 10, 2015 10:46 PM

On a side note, you religious nuts need to respond to my argument in that thread.

Dec 10, 2015 10:48 PM

Spooks said:

BTW gj Clecardman, you're totally not biased. Good idea, Christians should let atheists organize themselves in pressure lobbies and do nothing while left wing nuts fuck up their countries.

see?

Because atheists are totally a huge lobby established since ages. No need to go further in that stupid argument. G'night.

Dec 10, 2015 10:52 PM

I just noticed how creepy that santa is look at that face...

Clebardman said:
Spooks said:

see?

Because atheists are totally a huge lobby established since ages. No need to go further in that stupid argument. G'night.

Well yea, obviously Atheism has a huge lobby too, influence, figure heads and obviously websites apparently with their own campaigns. I thought since we spoke last time it was made clear that old things weren't allowed to be used to support ones arguments. The age of something doesn't matter when we're talking modern right, that was your previous argument, come on you keep changing those goal posts.

Its pretty clear theres the moderate middle ground atheists and religious lot who just do their own thing and live and let live then we have the more militant atheists and religious groups who actively push against each other. If you're trying to claim that atheists have no military branches who actively push against religion (especially in this thread I mean come on its the op kind of) thats just silly and just as bad a selective bias as you're accusing me of. Atheists do no wrong, see no wrong right. Im not offended because you attack religion, everyone has the freedom of speech its an essential liberty of all people. I'm offended that you fail to present reasonable argument, you go for the most basic almost conspiracy level stuff. No better than some crazy islamaphobe yelling that Muslims are all coming to rape and murder people and their religion is evil just because.
We've had around 3 exchanges now and so far all Ive got is that you personally don't like religion and blame all religious people for the worlds problems and the hypothetical ww3 that religion will also apparently cause. Beyond that you have nothing to offer.

and its morning here.

If you have anything moderate, sensible to add that isn't just reverse religious fear moungering/ what you've heard on anti religious youtube channels I think you might have turned religious folks into a parody or a cartoon in your own mind. Now if you excuse me I have some crrazzyy religious person stuff to do because as you know 100% of my whole life is dedicated to been Christian I literally have no other characteristics, opinions or personality beyond Jesus stuff.

You already failed to notice I have no problem saying bad things happen in Christianity too, or make jokes about Jesus or accept homosexuals which doesn't fit into that character parody you clearly have established on how you imagine all Christians to be I mean no Christian should do anything of that right, thats not how TV tells you religious people are like we're supposed to be humorless haters.

Maybe its good to have someone disrupt your established perceptions on religious people. It might be good for you.

Modified by Spooks, Dec 10, 2015 11:14 PM

Dec 11, 2015 12:38 AM

“I believe in the freedom of speech and the right for people to share their views,” said First Christian Ministries Senior Minister Pete Kunkle. “I do believe that many times there is misconception about the church. The billboard that I saw talks about being good for goodness' sake and relates goodness to going to church. I’m not necessarily good because I go to church anymore than I am a car because I walk into my garage.

I have to admit I like this person lol see Christian, but gets freedom of speech and is actually pretty funny and has a balanced opinion not just spouting "they're sinners for doing this" more approaches it like any rational person would. The misconception that all Christians are radicals is no different than the current misconception that all Muslims are terrorists. Its just less socially taboo at the moment than been an Islamaphobe. I honestly think for too long propaganda and the media has allowed both sides to make cartoons of the other side of the coin. They should all start mingling together not to argue about their opinions but just talk as people about other things. Might help everyone realize that not all atheists are militant and Christians aren't stupid for their beliefs. dispel some of that imagery. At least thats what someone who has been on both sides feels should happen *shrugs*
Modified by Spooks, Dec 11, 2015 12:43 AM

Dec 11, 2015 2:10 AM

Wonder what will happen if the message says: "Go ahead and eat pork"

Dec 11, 2015 2:12 AM

And this is why antitheism exists and atheism is a sham religion in disguise.

I say this as a fairly irreligious person as it is.
"If you died, would anyone care? Would they really care? Maybe, they'd cry for a day. But, let's be honest no one would give a shit. They wouldn't. The few people that would feel obligated to go to your funeral would probably be annoyed and leave as early as possible. That's who you are. That's what you are. You are nothing to anyone. To everyone."
-Mr. Robot

"I can take another name, and build a new life.. But on the inside I'll always have that instinct, no matter how much I hate it. I'm yakuza through and through. Guile only gets you so far in this game. Remember that. You won't get another chance."
-Kiryu Kazuma

Dec 11, 2015 2:15 AM

I see nothing wrong with it. Its not even offensive. Its actually pretty positive of a message.

Dec 11, 2015 2:23 AM

traed said:
I see nothing wrong with it. Its not even offensive. Its actually pretty positive of a message.

Nope, it's hypocrisy and agenda pushing. Keep in mind this is still a Christian country. Keep in mind Christmas is a longstanding worldwide tradition, religious and irreligious alike. It's edgelord-tier tribalism being used to project their ideologies on the rest of those who see this billboard, but of course, it's doubtful everyone will even listen to what it "preaches" anyways.

Atheism is a sham.
"If you died, would anyone care? Would they really care? Maybe, they'd cry for a day. But, let's be honest no one would give a shit. They wouldn't. The few people that would feel obligated to go to your funeral would probably be annoyed and leave as early as possible. That's who you are. That's what you are. You are nothing to anyone. To everyone."
-Mr. Robot

"I can take another name, and build a new life.. But on the inside I'll always have that instinct, no matter how much I hate it. I'm yakuza through and through. Guile only gets you so far in this game. Remember that. You won't get another chance."
-Kiryu Kazuma

Dec 11, 2015 2:23 AM

Daily reminder that atheism is not a religion.

Dec 11, 2015 2:25 AM

JonyJC said:
Daily reminder that atheism is not a religion.

It shouldn't be, but its practitioners make it so.
-Mr. Robot

-Kiryu Kazuma

Dec 11, 2015 2:26 AM

Nico- said:
traed said:

Nope, it's hypocrisy and agenda pushing. Keep in mind this is still a Christian country. Keep in mind Christmas is a longstanding worldwide tradition, religious and irreligious alike. It's edgelord-tier tribalism being used to project their ideologies on the rest of those who see this billboard, but of course, it's doubtful everyone will even listen to what it "preaches" anyways.

Well personally I just find it more ironic that their answer to "I don't like Church billboards" is to make a atheist billboard. I mean I don't really understand the message they're going for, just seems like trying to desperately make an issue out of something thats not really a big deal just to point fingers at the oppressive church again.

Even the people they're trying desperately to trigger and draw into an argument are like "We don't get it" and been all level headed and rational lol it would be like putting a billboard up to trigger Muslims by saying "Eat pork we won't tell your God" *winky face* just makes them seem childish or desperately baity.

Dec 11, 2015 2:29 AM

Seems a bit unnecessary, it's not going to change anyone's mind.

Dec 11, 2015 2:38 AM

Spooks said:
Nico- said:

Well personally I just find it more ironic that their answer to "I don't like Church billboards" is to make a atheist billboard. I mean I don't really understand the message they're going for, just seems like trying to desperately make an issue out of something thats not really a big deal just to point fingers at the oppressive church again.

Even the people they're trying desperately to trigger and draw into an argument are like "We don't get it" and been all level headed and rational lol it would be like putting a billboard up to trigger Muslims by saying "Eat pork we won't tell your God" *winky face* just makes them seem childish or desperately baity.

Exactly.

These are the times we live in. Where has my country gone?
-Mr. Robot

-Kiryu Kazuma

Dec 11, 2015 3:10 AM

Nico- said:
traed said:

Atheism is a sham.
Keep in mind this is a secular country that just happens to have a lot of Christians not a Christian country. Keep in mind Christmas is a tradition copied by Christians from pagans.

Also I dont think its saying "become an atheist" it basically is just saying focus on being good is more important than religious rituals.

Dec 11, 2015 3:15 AM

traed said:

Also I dont think its saying "become an atheist" it basically is just saying focus on being good is more important than religious rituals.

but why? why make the point it was even already addressed:

“I do believe that many times there is misconception about the church. The billboard that I saw talks about being good for goodness' sake and relates goodness to going to church. I’m not necessarily good because I go to church anymore than I am a car because I walk into my garage.

The makers of the billboard still sell the Christians short by thinking they're only good because they're afraid of their religion and therefor its ok to skip church you won't really be punished is the message but they fail to realize the reason those people will be in church at Christmas is because they want to be. Its just not a billboard that needs to be up, it is aimless. Church billboards aren't trying to make atheists Christian its just presenting options this billboard is there not for any Christians sake, they're not trying to say free the people from the oppressive church its literally there to try to bait a response. They're trying to "free" people or offer advice to people who don't even need it.

I mean why care? why are they trying to convince these people who are already happy with what they're doing to stop doing it? who does it really benefit? is it bad if they do go to church why are these atheists thinking they need to convince Christians to skip church at Christmas? I mean atheists aren't a group so why is an atheist website even trying to tell Christians what to do or not do, atheist just means you don't believe so why are they now making billboards and trying to sway others who aren't atheist, atheism isn't a following or religion or political party with definite stances on subjects so why do they even have advertising or forward aggressive stances on Christianity, you're meant to just be the absence of religion guys. Just leave each other alone and let everyone do Christmas their way.

Its a baitboard nothing more.
Modified by Spooks, Dec 11, 2015 3:24 AM

Dec 11, 2015 3:16 AM

America was founded by the Puritans, Christianity was their religion, your point?

I guess you're right about Christmas though. The pagans pretty much also started Easter as well.

You can say the billboard focuses on that, but subliminal messaging also exists for a reason in the form of promotional microagressions. I'd love to think the former, but it's hard to tell who's really on board with acceptance of all religions, atheism included.
-Mr. Robot

-Kiryu Kazuma

Dec 11, 2015 3:30 AM

The first time I wen't to Florida the first billboard I saw was of Jesus holding his arms out sying "Jesus saves".

Christian bilboards are everywhere through some kind of funding or organisations money, so there's nothing wrong with this billboard either.
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.

Dec 11, 2015 3:34 AM

Dick_Dawkins said:
The first time I wen't to Florida the first billboard I saw was of Jesus holding his arms out sying "Jesus saves".

Christian bilboards are everywhere through some kind of funding or organisations money, so there's nothing wrong with this billboard either.

Except in this situation Santa is being used as a propaganda device when he is not meant to do so. So there's your duplicity and slight plagiarism.
-Mr. Robot

-Kiryu Kazuma

Dec 11, 2015 3:35 AM

Nico- said:
America was founded by the Puritans, Christianity was their religion, your point?

Not true. They were not all Christians. Some of the major ones were Deists. Some were anti-clerical christians.

Spooks said:
The makers of the billboard still sell the Christians short by thinking they're only good because they're afraid of their religion and therefor its ok to skip church you won't really be punished is the message but they fail to realize the reason those people will be in church at Christmas is because they want to be. Its just not a billboard that needs to be up, it is aimless. Church billboards aren't trying to make atheists Christian its just presenting options this billboard is there not for any Christians sake, they're not trying to say free the people from the oppressive church its literally there to try to bait a response. They're trying to "free" people or offer advice to people who don't even need it.

I mean why care? why are they trying to convince these people who are already happy with what they're doing to stop doing it? who does it really benefit? is it bad if they do go to church why are these atheists thinking they need to convince Christians to skip church at Christmas? I mean atheists aren't a group so why is an atheist website even trying to tell Christians what to do or not do, atheist just means you don't believe so why are they now making billboards and trying to sway others who aren't atheist, atheism isn't a following or religion or political party with definite stances on subjects so why do they even have advertising or forward aggressive stances on Christianity, you're meant to just be the absence of religion guys. Just leave each other alone and let everyone do Christmas their way.

Its a baitboard nothing more.
The majority of Christians in the US do not go to church or at least not regularly by any stretch. Many only go on holidays like Christmas because they feel obligated like they have to, rather than want to.

The website is an organization. Its not a representation of atheists everywhere lol

Dec 11, 2015 3:48 AM

traed said:

The website is an organization. Its not a representation of atheists everywhere lol

It still confuses me how atheism has an organization at all lol it would be like people who don't believe in the easter bunny suddenly gathering together and pushing back against easter. I mean its just a term to describe those without religious belief how did it evolve to a point where they now fall under the banner of atheist, have gatherings, their own heroes and a lot actively push back against religion.

Its just a term to describe a lack of belief not an organization or religion of its own its the absence of religion not the opposition to it. If I have no money its not that im opposing money and should argue with others who have money or try to get it taken away from those people its just that I lack money lol its gotten so confusing.

Dick_Dawkins said:

You're right there's no reason it shouldn't be up. I just dislike why it went up. When Christians do it its not to cause friction its just because they want people to know their religions message maybe come make it their own. The atheist board is there to try to push back against that message, its meant to be confrontational its meant to try to discredit or denounce something that really didn't need it. As I said atheism is just a lack of religion so why are any now trying to rid people of it. They go from not having a religion to now pushing against it. Makes no sense for a not 'group', 'religion' or 'organization' to do.

True atheists don't try to convince religious to convert they just don't care or ignore religion. I can't imagine billboards are hard to ignore.
Modified by Spooks, Dec 11, 2015 3:52 AM

Dec 11, 2015 3:49 AM

Nico- said:
Dick_Dawkins said:

Except in this situation Santa is being used as a propaganda device when he is not meant to do so. So there's your duplicity and slight plagiarism.
Santas for everyone. Like I said there are so many Christian billboards depicting Jesus, an atheist one has it's message for atheism. It's not plagerism it's message just stands out, which it's supposed to.
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.

Dec 11, 2015 3:52 AM

Spooks said:
I became religious
Oh, never thought I'd read something like that on the Internet, it's always the other way around. Are you a christian?

Dec 11, 2015 3:56 AM

Spooks said:

This needs to be a thing.

Dec 11, 2015 3:57 AM

Spooks said:
It still confuses me how atheism has an organization at all lol it would be like people who don't believe in the easter bunny suddenly gathering together and pushing back against easter. I mean its just a term to describe those without religious belief how did it evolve to a point where they now fall under the banner of atheist, have gatherings, their own heroes and a lot actively push back against religion.
Because they are a oppressed minority.

Dec 11, 2015 4:06 AM
otaking
Dick_Dawkins said:
Nico- said:

Santas for everyone. Like I said there are so many Christian billboards depicting Jesus, an atheist one has it's message for atheism. It's not plagerism it's message just stands out, which it's supposed to.

you would say that im sorry im all for secularsim but people like harris and drweinks are just anit faith psudo leftist bigots people like them are vthe real sickness of the left

look at me im of faith and to most people on here im a miltant leftist iv been called a communist a few times
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Dec 11, 2015 4:20 AM

Nico- said:
The modern image of Santa was a product of Coca Cola advertising. So his image was to sell a product. Look it up.

Dec 11, 2015 4:24 AM

traed said:
Nico- said:
The modern image of Santa was a product of Coca Cola advertising. So his image was to sell a product. Look it up.

His original outfit was green, they changed it to Red to better fit coka cola. Modern santa is nothing really more than cola's mascot.

DateYutaka said:

look at me im of faith

Unexpected, never pegged you for the religious type Date..then again who am I to speak lol
Modified by Spooks, Dec 11, 2015 4:29 AM

Dec 11, 2015 4:33 AM

idc for either sides but it seems like atheists desperately need attention just like Christians

they want to differentiate soo much but they are acting more like a religion than a group who wants to denounce religion

Dec 11, 2015 4:35 AM
otaking
Spooks said:
traed said:

His original outfit was green, they changed it to Red to better fit coka cola. Modern santa is nothing really more than cola's mascot.

DateYutaka said:

look at me im of faith

Unexpected, never pegged you for the religious type Date..then again who am I to speak lol

im shinto

Dec 11, 2015 4:38 AM

Spooks said:
traed said:

Santa is based off of Odin loosely as well.

Dec 11, 2015 5:03 AM

Honestly who cares, there's much worse messages out there than this and if the sign even tempts you then you probably wouldn't have gone to church anyway.
People are scared because they know most people don't go to church anymore.
I've been here way too long...

Dec 11, 2015 5:29 AM

Looks to me like someone just wanted to poke fun at religious people, rather than bash them outright. Apparently, Christians are super-sensitive and can't take a little joke.

Besides, why is this such a big deal when hardly anyone would have given a shit if this were a Christian organization telling people to come to church?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »