Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2015 9:46 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hyakki's story really is a bit disturbing, wasn't what I had expected until he reveals more about what he had to endure.

I think Hyakki really went a bit overboard when charging at those guns but then again, he's crazy as hell now so go figure. Pretty intense episode. Medical corruption can be quite a conflicting problem.
Stark700Dec 11, 2015 10:39 PM
Dec 11, 2015 11:17 PM

Jun 2014
So we got information about why Hyakki was taking the limbs from those guys. Pretty messed up past he had there.

He seems to be a very elusive person, avoiding getting arrested and then escaping right after he finally got put behind bars.

There was also more foreshadowing about Hazama's future right before the ending, and this final episode looks like it'll probably also be related to that. I think the series seems to have done a good job of showing how Hazama's experiences throughout each episode have changed him drastically.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 11, 2015 11:20 PM
Jul 2018
We got information about why Hyakki was taking the limbs from those guys.
Dec 12, 2015 12:23 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Good ending to the arc, from this incident, Hazama really went down the path of operating without a license, and as a ghost doctor, no less. What happened to Hyakki with the factions and corruption of the medical field really opened Hazama's eyes. I wish they could've shown the slightly older Hazama:

But that that's more work because they'll have to spend money on a character design that only shows up for a few minutes, so I understand...it was still a small change though, longer hair and thicker eyebrows. Hazama not only looked cool there but it really showed how much time had passed and how he had changed. The look in his eyes are different too.

I also wonder why they left Hyakki's prosthetics, when he reattached the three that he successfully got in the manga. Again, not a big problem, but it could've easily been done to show Hyakki with real arms and him using a sword. In case anyone wants to know what happens to Hyakki, it's briefly shown at the end of the arc in the manga:

I like the issue that Takara brought up, it's been brought up before in one of the first episodes. Takara tells Hazama that Hazama shouldn't have done the surgery on Hyakki, because after that, it eventually led to Hyakki committing the crimes. Of course there were other reasons that led to that (like Tano's group getting the photo, or Hyakki overhearing stuff), but it does bring the issue of is there a right or wrong in operating on someone. I think Hazama came to the conclusion that he just wants to save people, and wants people to live, to be happy. Who knows what other people will do after the operation?
Dec 12, 2015 3:26 AM

Apr 2015
Wow this episode was intense, I liked the arc!

Gniih, one more episode and the next episode looks interesting.
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

My anime list
My manga list
Dec 12, 2015 4:58 AM

Feb 2015
i just feel bad for Hyakki's wife though.... i wonder what happen to her after Hyakki escaped from prison. hope they can be together again.

^
And again so usefull. i suprised when i saw his eye ball came out like that.
and looks like the last episode will be interesting.
Dec 12, 2015 6:26 AM

Aug 2013
Ah ~

I sat on the edge of my seat. Young Black Jack is SOOO good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2015 7:11 AM

Dec 2014
That was a really great episode, Poor Hyakki for having gotten caught up in all this and getting his profession destroyed.

They did quite a good job showcasing the corruption and authority within the medical field. In the end those with power rule everything.

Really liked the ending where Hazama talks to Hyakki, It really brought out his conviction towards treating his patients and the shape it has taken after learning the truth about the medical field.

This arc about Hyakki has gotten me interested in the original Black Jack series and the path Hazama will follow as a doctor. I guess I'll probably pick it up after I this show ends next week.
Dec 12, 2015 8:12 AM

Sep 2013
I wasn't a fan of this anime at first but wow this and the vietnam arcs were really good,i think i'm gonna try the real Black Jack anime now °w°
Deep dark fantasies
Dec 12, 2015 9:14 AM

Dec 2014
Hyakki what a asshole trying to take revenge on the docters and killing rather than saving lives........ Just kidding
Dec 12, 2015 9:15 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This episode didn't and as bad as I thought it would do I'm half for that, but I wish that those last two cunts would have died
Dec 12, 2015 9:24 AM

Jun 2013
damn man the dude is like a ninja
Dec 12, 2015 9:26 AM

Apr 2011
Not even a single drop of blood on the ripped off leg. lol
Takara has been a salty asshole since med schoo, apparently. It makes me mad how someone as good as Hyakki had his life destroyed because of an envious bastard. And then Takara even tried to guilt trip Kuroo... that man deserved something worse than just losing an arm tbh.

And the scene with his eye falling off!! There was a scene like that in Dororo and I was wondering if they were gonna do it in YBJ ~

I'm glad Hyakki escaped from prison, but at the same time I'm worried and upset, because what kind of life can he lead now? I'm really upset, he didn't deserve all that shit. But apparently that was important for Kuroo to become the unlicensed doctor Black Jack in the future, he's really getting bitter now I can't blame him.

The episode was great, this arc was the best.
Dec 12, 2015 9:42 AM

Sep 2014
The eyeball just casually falling out was my favourite part.
Dec 12, 2015 11:00 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Hmm, still Hyakki deserves some kind of judgement. That eyeball escape was cool. Wonder how the last episode will be.

4/5
Dec 12, 2015 12:50 PM

Mar 2013
OK, so it's fine Hyakki cut off a bunch of people's limbs just because they wanted to make him not be able to drive but the mechanic fucked up. Good to know.

Real talk though, this was so bad horror movie. Like his leg has a smoke machine in it to evade cops? Really? Who wrote this?
Dec 12, 2015 5:01 PM

Mar 2012
Takara is such scum >_> Depressing to see how corrupt most of these doctors are and how someone like Hyakki got screwed over because of their greed. Love how each of the events have slowly been changing Hazama, leading him towards a path that doesn't obey the law for the sake of saving lives. Just a shame there's only 1 episode left : /
Dec 12, 2015 5:25 PM

Jan 2008
This episode was so good. Loved how Hyakki busted in the window from the outside. In the end, he got his revenge of taking their limbs. Although Hyakki did assault them, he still never intended to kill any of them if you think about it...just take their limbs. He merely didn't care if if they died or not after taking their limbs, and the first one was completely an accident. A remorseless killer? No. Manslaughter charges at best, but most definitely assault and/or mutilation. If they got a decent lawyer and without the cards stacked against Hyakki, I think he could have had a different outcome. But by being sentenced to death even after giving himself up, it also showed that the law cannot help him, and that even the law would become Hazama's enemy.

In the end, I'm glad he's still alive, abliet as a badass cyborg fugitive. Out of all of his cool prosthetics, I think his pocket knife eyeball was the most interesting. A little part of me is also glad that Hyakki and Hazama didn't become enemies. The issue with the corruption within the medical field is still rampant, and far too large to settle. Instead of fighting it head-on in the court of law as he originally intended, Hazama chose a different path that uses it to his advantage while still following his own convictions--a pivotal moment that makes him the man he eventually becomes. Tatara, that human piece of garbage, telling Hazama a load of BS to try and guilt trip him. Losing only one arm didn't feel nearly as adequate in terms of what he deserved, trying to get Hyakki sentenced to death with his false testimony. I wish Tatara would have had his mind-broken or something, constantly fearing Hakki coming back for his life. At the very least, his life as a surgeon is half of what it used to be.

Next week is the return of those annoying activists,a new arc, and final episode :( Now I wish they would animate the rest of the manga as OVAs, and maybe even remake the original series in Young Black Jack art style.
Estoy_GordoDec 12, 2015 5:28 PM
Dec 13, 2015 2:41 AM

Feb 2008
straggy said:
Real talk though, this was so bad horror movie. Like his leg has a smoke machine in it to evade cops? Really? Who wrote this?

It's trying to be as much Tezuka as possible, so your problem would be Osamu Tezuka himself.

tingy said:
I wish they could've shown the slightly older Hazama

So that was supposed to be after a long time? It looked like it was just months later, rather than years. Yeah they messed up then.

Overall, I wasn't too fond of this arc. It wasn't bad, but I guess I like the Dezaki Black Jack more than Tezuka Black Jack, so it was my least favorite arc in this show. I wonder how they'll even end the show. This could have been some open end after a bigger arc. Ending with a one ep story might be a bit weird. But eh, who cares, we get to see Princess Knight!

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Dec 13, 2015 3:20 AM

Mar 2013
ZetaZaku said:
straggy said:

It's trying to be as much Tezuka as possible, so your problem would be Osamu Tezuka himself.

Except the original anime was actually good so no, it's not. This one's taking itself way too goddamn seriously, which is especially laughable considering the atrocious mess they made of the art style.
Dec 13, 2015 6:02 AM

Sep 2014
Uh...alright conclusion I guess? Young Black Jack's a disappointment. .-.
Dec 13, 2015 8:32 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Hyakki is a fucking predator, i love this guy.
I can't blame him for doing all this, he got destroyed by those doctors.

Him and Hazama make great bros.
Dec 13, 2015 8:45 PM

Jul 2009
It sure pisses me off when characters blame other people for their own failures/faults
Um no, Hazama doing the surgery is not why everything went to shit. Everything went to shit because you're evil ass along with some other dicks decided to RUIN someone's life. Then CONTINUED to ruin it by taking away his passion and having the balls to talk about shit in public instead of the comfort of your own house or something. Coming clean early could have also avoided all that trash. Hazama didn't do anything wrong. If anything him operating on Hyakki was suppose to result in a genius doctor continuing to help others (and perhaps an advance in science)

tingy said:
I wish they could've shown the slightly older Hazama:

Dang missed opportunity for more eye candy.
InugirlzDec 13, 2015 8:48 PM
Dec 13, 2015 9:42 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
ZetaZaku said:

tingy said:
I wish they could've shown the slightly older Hazama

So that was supposed to be after a long time? It looked like it was just months later, rather than years. Yeah they messed up then.

Yup, the beginning of Hyakki's arc started in January 1969, and when Hyakki visits Hazama on the rooftop, it's spring of 1971, so about two years later.

Inugirlz said:

tingy said:
I wish they could've shown the slightly older Hazama:

Dang missed opportunity for more eye candy.

Ikr
Dec 14, 2015 9:10 AM

Jan 2013
I'm glad that Hiakky didn't died...he is a good guy.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 14, 2015 1:44 PM

May 2014
Loved the conclusion, really interested in the main series now.

Dec 15, 2015 1:39 AM

Jun 2013
Best arc ever. My favorite. Loved the prosthetic eye that hid the goodies.

I like Hyakki with his hair down, having it in a ponytail makes him look like he should be on Yugioh or something.
臭い-
Dec 17, 2015 12:01 PM

Jan 2015
So he saved Hyakki and is about to walk the path of The Black Jack we got to know !! :/
Dec 18, 2015 11:01 PM
Jul 2018
I definitely feel bad for Hyakki, I wish he killed the other two before this arc ended though. The direction Hazama took with his career is very interesting and I'm looking forward to next time.
Dec 20, 2015 1:01 AM
Nov 2015
Badass Doctor
Dec 20, 2015 6:31 AM

Jul 2008
Hyakki got screwed over, plain and simple.
Jan 4, 2016 7:45 AM

Feb 2014
Wow, Jack really has changed. I was glad to see Hyakki survive, but it's not really satisfactory the Daigou conspirators weren't thrown in jail too with their crimes exposed.
Jan 12, 2016 7:20 AM

Aug 2014
i have been waiting for that last scene for a while. you would think he would know the medical profession is corrupted by how he gets away with surgery before though.

at least hyakki got to survive. i wonder if he is going to become an underground doctor as well or what.
Dec 29, 2016 8:19 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The best episode of the series...This episode has action, mistery and dark...i think this episode should have been the ends of this anime, because the two protagonists in the hospital´s terrace speaking about a dark future and the dark ways they has to take but i have to wait one more!!!
Dec 18, 2020 8:37 AM

May 2016
Seeing how someone as good-natured and talented as Hyakki suffer by the hands of the corrupt medical field for only wanting to do the right thing ended up being the one thing that opened Hazama's eyes and pushed him into being underground doctor. It doesn't look like he had a choice with everything he'd witnessed but at least Maiko tried to stop him from going underground.

Hazama modifying that fake eye for Hyakki to escape with was badass. I'd also like to mention that the part where Hyakki charged towards the guards while on a wheelchair was the one gif that motivated me to finally watch the series lmao

More topics from this board

» Thoughts on Young Black Jack

Hydre_Ito - Sep 19, 2020

4 by removed-user »»
Nov 10, 2022 6:21 AM

Poll: » Young Black Jack Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2015

74 by Delgear »»
Nov 11, 2021 2:25 PM

Poll: » Young Black Jack Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2015

50 by gl1tchedshad0ws »»
Jul 22, 2021 5:19 PM

Poll: » Young Black Jack Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2015

125 by gl1tchedshad0ws »»
Jul 20, 2021 4:49 PM

Poll: » Young Black Jack Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2015

192 by gl1tchedshad0ws »»
Jul 19, 2021 7:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.