Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2009 6:01 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I'm sure this ending got a ton of complaints, but I liked it. I liked it a lot. The story tied up the bigger loose ends, and leaves the smaller ones open in a way that you can logically deduce the outcomes yourself. It's an ending with hope, not cheesy happy ever after.

Having said that...onto the sequel I go.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Jun 8, 2010 5:04 AM
May 2009
I was pretty shocked to find out that this was the end. I was hoping for something better to end the series. I guess i'll try to go on the sequel too.
Jul 3, 2011 2:27 AM
Jul 2018
So i guess this sequel you guys talk of has been merged into one entry.
Jun 9, 2014 11:09 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Well it closes off the main story so it's not bad. But there's a sequel I see.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 13, 2015 11:53 PM

Nov 2011
When i saw final chapter, my body froze for a second but thank God there's more, at least MAL never divided them.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Aug 4, 2015 3:16 PM

Apr 2014
wow that was the ending? i thought this had 72 chapters so i was not prepared. i loved the manga, it was so refreshing. the art was so beautiful, definitely one of my favorites.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 30, 2017 6:55 PM

May 2010
So apparently this was supposed to be the final chapter at first, but author immediately decided to go for a sequel? That's GREAT! Now there's gonna be more time for side characters, and conclusion for their stories, because come on, I love this series, but main characters are completely bland. They aren't bad per se, I don't dislike them or anything, but compared to the rest of cast they are just... around.

If this was a real ending, I don't think I'd be perfectly happy with it as it is... It's good, but somehow not conclusive enough. THANKFULLY, there are still 3 more volumes left!
May 28, 2019 4:06 PM

Nov 2016
Slowly while reading I started to realize that we were heading towards the end and before I fully digested everything, it was already over.

But as OP said, the essential parts of the story were concluded properly and the rest is more or less up to our powers of deduction and imagination.

I loved seeing Emma dressed up and I hope the best for her and William. We didn't get to see family Jones fully approving the relationship, but at the very least the came to terms with it and maybe they might even befriend Emma at some point. In that sense, I do love that they stayed consistent till the very end, the realism and down to earthness added a lot to the enjoyment. I never really had to think twice since everything was so convincing, this added a lot to the enjoyment for me.

I see that there are some chapters left, maybe they contain a glimpse in the future or some kind of sidestories for the supporting characters. In any case, I'm looking forward to it.

9/10 as of yet and already one of the best manga for me.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 28, 2019 12:44 PM
Aug 2018
This ending came a bit surprisingly. Quiet a few things were different to the anime adaption.
The fire in the mansion. Emma visiting her hometown. The stolen item at the Molders household. The romantic interest of Hans towards Emma.

And I wonder what the deal with a few characters was. Like the woman that the Viscount was seeing. Or the little girl in america.
Furthermore, there were a few loose ends.

It feels like the main story was intended to be longer. Let's see what the "sequel" chapters have in store.
tr25a3Oct 28, 2019 1:06 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Emma Chapter 2 Discussion

Beatnik - Dec 17, 2009

3 by Ratris_Decision »»
Nov 15, 2023 9:28 PM

Poll: » Emma Chapter 59 Discussion

removed-user - Jul 3, 2011

3 by Tsunamii_ »»
Apr 7, 2023 1:50 AM

Poll: » Emma Chapter 46 Discussion

Kitsu-nee - Dec 30, 2017

3 by Tsunamii_ »»
Mar 21, 2023 9:05 AM

Poll: » Emma Chapter 72 Discussion

removed-user - Jul 4, 2011

16 by rodmanii »»
Mar 9, 2023 6:13 PM

Poll: » Emma Chapter 25 Discussion

Beatnik - Dec 20, 2009

7 by Tsunamii_ »»
Feb 17, 2023 8:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.