Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
#1
Dec 8, 2015 11:32 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 420
Order these studios on which can do a good job with One punch man and a better job than madhouse

ufotable
a1 pictures
toei
trigger
bones
sunrise
brain's base
production i.g
david production
mappa
 
#2
Dec 8, 2015 11:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 11686
could see bones or production i.g for sure

 
#3
Dec 8, 2015 11:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 8882
Sunrise
Trigger
Production I.G
Bones

Wouldn't be good:
toei
brain's base

Would produce an epic failure; in no particular order:
a1 pictures
ufotable

Never watched anything from this producer:
mappa
david production
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
 
#4
Dec 8, 2015 11:55 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 420
MortalMelancholy said:
Sunrise
Trigger
Production I.G
Bones

Wouldn't be good:
toei
brain's base

Would produce an epic failure; in no particular order:
a1 pictures
ufotable

Never watched anything from this producer:
mappa
david production

what is wrong with a1 & ufotable/
 
#5
Dec 8, 2015 12:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 8882
Everything that a1 produces is subpar, especially script, storyboard, and screenplay.
I think OPM and other bright and dynamic action genres are the complete opposite of Ufotable's style.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
 
#6
Dec 8, 2015 12:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 515
It doesn´t matter really. It all comes down to the director and key animators.

But anyway: Ufotable because ufotable and sunrise/production i.g. because they are big AF.

Maybe: Trigger, Bones, Mappa (they make nice action every once in a while)

Doubt it: A1-Pictures -> very inconsistent, david production -> just known because of JoJo

Not: The rest.
 
#7
Dec 8, 2015 12:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 10538
It's not about the studios, it's about the animators you bozos
 
#8
Dec 8, 2015 12:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 13170
DEEN definitely
I also think Toei/Pierrot would do an amazing job
Modified by Klad, Dec 8, 2015 12:48 PM
 
#9
Dec 8, 2015 12:31 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 48
Should a1 ever animate OPM, I will kill myself before even watching the PV lol.

robis798 said:
It's not about the studios, it's about the animators you bozos

To be precise though what matters the most is the director, they are the commando of a animation project.

Studio is also important because they are the one who decide who will be the one to directed an anime project, which means connections and studio's ability to see which person is the most suitable to handle a project is really important, and from what I see madhouse has done a great job at this.
People say that you have to solve your problem instead of running away from it, but isn't trying to solve the problem also means that you wanted to run away from the problem?
 
Dec 8, 2015 12:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 3484
Bones
Sunrise
Production I.G

Bones is the obvious choice cause most of the freelancers working on OPM are from there anyways...
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
 
Dec 8, 2015 12:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 8240
Mappa
Bones
TMS Entertainment
 
Dec 8, 2015 2:20 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 420
silversaint said:
Mappa
Bones
TMS Entertainment

tms is not part of the choices
 
Dec 8, 2015 9:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 3629
With the same staff, Bones, IG and Sunrise.
 
Dec 8, 2015 9:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 3838
If they had the funding Studio Go Hands
Just trying to throw out a more under dog studio.
 
Dec 8, 2015 10:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 663
whats with the hate for a-1 theyve got some of the best shows like anohana kimiuso and magi and saos animation was great¿ its also a manga adaptation and a-1s pretty faithful to source material idgi
 
Dec 8, 2015 10:31 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 648
Idea Factory
 
Dec 8, 2015 10:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 1202
I think I.G would have handled this one well.
 
Dec 9, 2015 12:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 6763
Well, since Bones will do the Mob Psycho 100 adaption...
 
Dec 9, 2015 1:26 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 436
madhouse is the best studio
 
Dec 9, 2015 1:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 4599
Definitely Sunrise.
 
Dec 9, 2015 2:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 80
yuiyuigahama said:
whats with the hate for a-1 theyve got some of the best shows like anohana kimiuso and magi and saos animation was great¿ its also a manga adaptation and a-1s pretty faithful to source material idgi


you 're kidding right..?? lol

http://myanimelist.net/anime/29589/Denpa_Kyoushi_%28TV%29

http://myanimelist.net/anime/28791/Gunslinger_Stratos:_The_Animation

Modified by abg, Dec 9, 2015 2:51 AM
 
Dec 9, 2015 2:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 1034
If Bones did it they'd probably go for original ending which nobody likes
Trigger would change the art style too much.
Sunrise seems like a good choice.
Shaft would be interesting - OPM head tilt.
 
Dec 9, 2015 3:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 671
Production I.G. or Bones
 
Dec 9, 2015 3:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 9208
Any studio who that can pay Shingo Natsume and his book of friends = most studios.
 
Dec 9, 2015 6:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 515
Lollo36 said:
Any studio who that can pay Shingo Natsume and his book of friends = most studios.


Then why don´t they do it?
 
Dec 9, 2015 6:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 663
abg said:
yuiyuigahama said:
whats with the hate for a-1 theyve got some of the best shows like anohana kimiuso and magi and saos animation was great¿ its also a manga adaptation and a-1s pretty faithful to source material idgi


you 're kidding right..?? lol

http://myanimelist.net/anime/29589/Denpa_Kyoushi_%28TV%29

http://myanimelist.net/anime/28791/Gunslinger_Stratos:_The_Animation


you listed two unpopular a-1 titles only one of which having actually been adapted from a manga. every studios bound to have really trashy shows like madhouse and mahouka, brains base with aoharu kikanjuu, shaft with mekakucity actors. like i said hate for a-1 is unwarranted because theyre not even consistently bad. saekano gate perfect insider shinsekai yori?
 
Dec 9, 2015 6:55 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 230
Lollo36 said:
Any studio who that can pay Shingo Natsume and his book of friends = most studios.


Yes. The only reason why OPM is amazing is because Shingo Natsume San and his book of friends !!!!!!!!!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Dec 9, 2015 7:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 9208
Oian said:
Lollo36 said:
Any studio who that can pay Shingo Natsume and his book of friends = most studios.


Then why don´t they do it?

B-but... they did it...?
 
Dec 9, 2015 8:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 258
WhiteFlamee said:
Order these studios on which can do a good job with One punch man and a better job than madhouse

ufotable
a1 pictures
toei
trigger
bones
sunrise
brain's base
production i.g
david production
mappa

Literally none
You MUST need a shitload of freelance pro animator, which means your question in the first place is invalid 'cause Madhouse itself can't do it. Even if OPM got joint studios to animate it, I can make a bet that they can't even do it properly
Psst...
Hey, You use Windows 10? Great!
Wanna try Cafeine to simplify accessing your collections, or even your "collections"? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
No no no, you won't find it in the market, or even a store, no.

Try it first before others gotta get it publicly sooner or later!

Thank you.
 
Dec 9, 2015 8:06 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 2503
Pierrot kek
 
Dec 9, 2015 10:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 24368
Natsume, Shingo
 
Dec 9, 2015 10:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 80
yuiyuigahama said:
abg said:


you 're kidding right..?? lol

http://myanimelist.net/anime/29589/Denpa_Kyoushi_%28TV%29

http://myanimelist.net/anime/28791/Gunslinger_Stratos:_The_Animation


you listed two unpopular a-1 titles only one of which having actually been adapted from a manga. every studios bound to have really trashy shows like madhouse and mahouka, brains base with aoharu kikanjuu, shaft with mekakucity actors. like i said hate for a-1 is unwarranted because theyre not even consistently bad. saekano gate perfect insider shinsekai yori?


dude don't make excuses .. both series also release this year
they also nearly destroyed gate with moe style

even in the popular series was the graphic animation from A -1 does not look fluid
look what happen in new im@s
i like shinsekai yori but not with studio

Sometimes they are good in the story n than again not with animation
but it all depends on the source of the Adaptation good or suck
n then compared with opm from madhouse
Modified by abg, Dec 9, 2015 11:04 AM
 
Dec 9, 2015 11:45 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 420
Nexxkinn said:
WhiteFlamee said:
Order these studios on which can do a good job with One punch man and a better job than madhouse

ufotable
a1 pictures
toei
trigger
bones
sunrise
brain's base
production i.g
david production
mappa

Literally none
You MUST need a shitload of freelance pro animator, which means your question in the first place is invalid 'cause Madhouse itself can't do it. Even if OPM got joint studios to animate it, I can make a bet that they can't even do it properly

toei is rich so they can do it
 
Dec 9, 2015 11:49 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1920
abg said:
yuiyuigahama said:

you listed two unpopular a-1 titles only one of which having actually been adapted from a manga. every studios bound to have really trashy shows like madhouse and mahouka, brains base with aoharu kikanjuu, shaft with mekakucity actors. like i said hate for a-1 is unwarranted because theyre not even consistently bad. saekano gate perfect insider shinsekai yori?


dude don't make excuses .. both series also release this year
they also nearly destroyed gate with moe style

even in the popular series was the graphic animation from A -1 does not look fluid
look what happen in new im@s
i like shinsekai yori but not with studio

Sometimes they are good in the story n than again not with animation
but it all depends on the source of the Adaptation good or suck
n then compared with opm from madhouse


Amen to that :/
 
Dec 9, 2015 11:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 515
Lollo36 said:
Oian said:


Then why don´t they do it?

B-but... they did it...?


Oh yeah, the awesome prime example.

I should expand my question a little: Then why don´t they ALWAYS do it?^^
 
Dec 9, 2015 12:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 523
Just Bones and Madhouse could make it work like it is now, in my opinion
 
Dec 9, 2015 1:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 830
 
Dec 9, 2015 2:59 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Online
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 6823
1. Bones, because they also respect the source material.
2. Production I.G., because they have quality animations.
3. Sunrise, because they do a pretty good job, and they are my favorite.
4. Trigger, because they can do the style, but production value can't be that high.
5. A-1 Pictures, they can't do the style, but production values will be high.
6. ufotable, same thing as A-1.
7. Brains Base, Not there genre.
8. David Productions, can't afford it.
9. MAPPA, same thing as David
10. Toei Animation, because it would be 20 episodes of grunting, even if Saitam's OP. Lots of filler and art quality like ONE's art!
 
Dec 9, 2015 8:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2932
MortalMelancholy said:
Everything that a1 produces is subpar, especially script, storyboard, and screenplay.
I think OPM and other bright and dynamic action genres are the complete opposite of Ufotable's style.


People should probably consider it a god send that A1 didn't manage to get ahold of the adaptation rights to this like they usually do for anything that's getting popular since they typically manage to ruin even simple ready made to be turned into anime shit like Magi with pointless melodrama and angst. I somehow think they would have managed to entirely miss the point somehow and made it some boring paint numbers thing, they probably couldn't understand the first thing about gar and tongue in cheek humor even if they watched the entirety of Fist of The North Star or Gaogaigar back to back taking endless notes.

Anyway ufoTABLE handles Tales of Games so it's not like they can't do bright, dynamic, action filled series with some levity, it's just that they've been stuck with Type-Moons brooding over seriousness for so damn long now that they've largely become associated with it. God Eater didn't help their case much either.

geralt said:
Bones
Sunrise
Production I.G

Bones is the obvious choice cause most of the freelancers working on OPM are from there anyways...


Those choices make the most sense considering they're all affiliated with Bandai Visual who hold the publishing rights to the OPM anime. I'm also pretty sure the freelancers are just the usual assortment of people that are shuffled around between studios. Sometimes they even end up at A-1 which I don't think is the problem in and of itself so much as the producer mentality there being so centered around shock value, melodrama and teen angst, something that OPM is kind of the antithesis of. Really A-1 wasn't even that bad up until about a year or two ago when they started trying to buy up licenses of popular shit that they really have no business with and churning out shitty simplified tonally ingruent adaptations. I still think the worst thing that ever happened with them was Mahouka at Madhouse. Not that it's gods gift to literature by any stretch but why did it turn out so bad and bland? I'll never understand that, I mean by comparison you could tell the staff working on NGNL in the same season actually gave a shit like what has been happening with OPM even though the content was dubious in and of itself.

Anyway the last show I recall liking seeing from them was Silver Spoon. It could have that trademark blandness that seems to permeate a lot of their adaptations at times, but it was decent wholesome and I felt the attempts at bringing forth the material were genuine. I have not felt that from an A-1 production since, they continue to just seem more concerned with running a mass production schedule and pure profit motive, not making genuinely good anime, but to say they are the only ones that feel this way would be a lie, just the most blatant about it.

yuiyuigahama said:
whats with the hate for a-1 theyve got some of the best shows like anohana kimiuso and magi and saos animation was great¿ its also a manga adaptation and a-1s pretty faithful to source material idgi


Cause they're a really really REALLY bad fit for something like One Punch Man.
Modified by PeacingOut, Dec 9, 2015 8:33 PM
 
Dec 9, 2015 8:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 663
abg said:
dude don't make excuses .. both series also release this year
they also nearly destroyed gate with moe style

even in the popular series was the graphic animation from A -1 does not look fluid
look what happen in new im@s
i like shinsekai yori but not with studio

Sometimes they are good in the story n than again not with animation
but it all depends on the source of the Adaptation good or suck
n then compared with opm from madhouse

I wasn't aware that I was making excuses? First of all, how dare you. Second of all, you made the same amount of excuses. Plenty of studios have released two bad shows in one year before. Taking into consideration how many projects A-1 produces per season, it's not bad at all, so why are you so hellbent on ripping on them? They've been working on movies simultaneously too (Garakowa, KokoSake, Doukyuusei). This isn't an excuse; this is an outright fact, and I don't know if you've experienced this firsthand, but, when you're busy, it's hard to maintain equal distribution of quality among different works, and theres just no helping it. Idk how you think Japanimation works, but it's not as easy as "let's make 50 masterpieces a season haha yeah high five". Your comment about GATE also seems super biased and isn't one based on fact; it was literally just "oh i didnt like it so its ruined". Same with Shinsekai Yori: like, you acknowledged it was good, but then held back merely because it was an A-1 success, am i right? Kind of hypocritical. Not like I'm saying they can animate OPM as well as Madhouse at any rate, because the "hardcore" style's out of their league, but your hate isnt as valid as you think; youre being kind of myopic? Haven't seen Cinderella Girls but Asterisk this season has fantastic animation and is decently popular.
Modified by yuiyuigahama, Dec 9, 2015 9:10 PM
 
Dec 9, 2015 8:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2932
So much awful grammar and incoherent sentence structure on this page. I'm watching an impassioned defense of the most commercialized studio of the last several years being mounted without cause or concern for capitalization, punctuation or even so much as proper spelling. Pretty sad. Really there's so many reasons to hate A-1, I could just list a couple right now:

-Buy up licenses with Sony money that they don't even genuinely care about but are popular and have hardcore fans before others can get to them in an anti-competitive approach and even admit that they plan to just sit on them for a while like with Granblue Fantasy
- Buy publicity like fake award contests in magazines like Newtype
- Inconistent production values and bad scheduling resulting in simply relying on the popularity of licenses
- Too much shitty marketing tie-ins that get overemphasized with people or acts that are popular that often end up clouding out the actual work being adapted
- Poaching animators and staff from other studios and making them work on dubious projects that don't amount to much assumedly so they can't work on projects at other studios in the mean time and compete against them with projects of actual merit
- Nonsensical work schedules that overburden animators requiring a constant turn over of animators and staff which is why their works are so inconsistent often within even the same project and week to week
- Did I mention way to much emphasis on things like Light Novels or whatever has obsessive fans. If it's something with a lot of potential marketing with waifu characters, or a high circulation/purchase rate odds are they'll pick it up and make a mediocre adaptation that doesn't realize whatever potential it has if it has any at all.

IMO they just don't even give a remote shit about making good anime, just making good money. They're "busy" not because they're committed IMO but because they're in such a mad rush to make as much money off of hot licenses as fast as possible that things like scheduling, commitment and readiness don't even factor in. This is a companies whose passion for something like SAO amounted to saying as long as it continues to sell and be profitable they'll just keep making adaptations of it. That simple and cold really. Anyway I've noticed they primarily seem to be most popular with the emotionally volatile teen to young adult crowd who don't care about those sorts of things (or apparently proper grammar and coherent posting) and are simply attracted to all their glitz and carefully constructed publicity and marketing. Fortunately for OPM fans again they didn't end up with it and I'm sure they know they're far better off as a result cause you can be assured A-1 wouldn't have put a fraction of the effort into it that they did. At most you might end up with about the same cast.
Modified by PeacingOut, Dec 9, 2015 8:49 PM
 
Dec 9, 2015 8:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 66
Kaioshin_Sama said:
So much awful grammar and incoherent sentence structure on this page. I'm watching an impassioned defense of the most commercialized studio of the last several years being mounted without cause or concern for capitalization, punctuation or even so much as proper spelling. Pretty sad. Really there's so many reasons to hate A-1, I could just list a couple right now:

-Buy up licenses with Sony money that they don't even genuinely care about but are popular and have hardcore fans before others can get to them in an anti-competitive approach and even admit that they plan to just sit on them for a while like with Granblue Fantasy
- Buy publicity like fake award contests in magazines like Newtype
- Inconistent production values and bad scheduling resulting in simply relying on the popularity of licenses
- Too much shitty marketing tie-ins that get overemphasized with people or acts that are popular that often end up clouding out the actual work being adapted
- Poaching animators and staff from other studios and making them work on dubious projects that don't amount to much assumedly so they can't work on projects at other studios in the mean time and compete against them with projects of actual merit
- Nonsensical work schedules that overburden animators requiring a constant turn over of animators and staff which is why their works are so inconsistent often within even the same project and week to week
- Did I mention way to much emphasis on things like Light Novels or whatever has obsessive fans. If it's something with a lot of potential marketing with waifu characters, or a high circulation/purchase rate odds are they'll pick it up and make a mediocre adaptation that doesn't realize whatever potential it has if it has any at all.

IMO they just don't even give a remote shit about making good anime, just making good money. They're "busy" not because they're committed IMO but because they're in such a mad rush to make as much money off of hot licenses as fast as possible that things like scheduling, commitment and readiness don't even factor in. This is a companies whose passion for something like SAO amounted to saying as long as it continues to sell and be profitable they'll just keep making adaptations of it. That simple and cold really. Anyway I've noticed they primarily seem to be most popular with the emotionally volatile teen to young adult crowd who don't care about those sorts of things (or apparently proper grammar and coherent posting) and are simply attracted to all their glitz and carefully constructed publicity and marketing. Fortunately for OPM fans again they didn't end up with it and I'm sure they know they're far better off as a result cause you can be assured A-1 wouldn't have put a fraction of the effort into it that they did. At most you might end up with about the same cast.


+ 1

and also the death of one of their animation staff due to excess working hours
Saber
 
Dec 9, 2015 9:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 663
i didnt make a single typo in my defense and ill go back to revise my punctuation if it makes you happy? at any rate it doesnt invalidate what i said much like how proper capitalization doesnt make you superior. ill admit that i didnt know about their deceptive marketing ploys and i acknowledge that theyre underhanded. it works though im personally attracted by their works and i still maintain my own opinion. its not like everything they animate will be perfect but i havent been disapponted by anything from them. kimiuso wasnt a ln adaptation pandering to teens was it? no clue if you watched it but it was heartfelt and i could relate to it because i went through the same thing as the main character and his mom. same applies to shinsekai yori and how progressive it was in portraying normal homosexual relationships. how else are you going to subsist as an anime studio that already only has a niche demographic honestly if you dont have mediocre shows to act as padding for the better ones.
 
Dec 10, 2015 12:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 7317
Sunrise, Bones, Trigger, Production I.G. and David Production would be able to produce something similar.

ufotable?! Why are they even in the list of options?! If you want them there, just add KyoAni as well. ROFL. At least KyoAni has Nichijou with epic animation akin to OPM. ufotable has absolutely NONE!

And A1-Pictures is only good for SoL and RomCom. They should not be in the list either.

 
Dec 10, 2015 7:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 13136
Bones, Production I.G. and Kyoto Animation.
 
Dec 10, 2015 8:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 15021
1. Studio Bones - I have been a fan of their work for a long time and I believe they would do OPM Justice if they had needed to. They stay pretty true to source material the only thing that scares me is an anime only ending.
2. Ufotable - Their animation quality is amazing if nothing else the fight scenes would be even more amazing than they are.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC


 
Dec 10, 2015 8:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2932
shanimebib said:
Sunrise, Bones, Trigger, Production I.G. and David Production would be able to produce something similar.

ufotable?! Why are they even in the list of options?! If you want them there, just add KyoAni as well. ROFL. At least KyoAni has Nichijou with epic animation akin to OPM. ufotable has absolutely NONE!

And A1-Pictures is only good for SoL and RomCom. They should not be in the list either.


Might as well add SHAFT if ufoTABLE is going to be in the conversation. I know that studio has it's fans that think they can handle anything with their ahem style. I kind of notice ufoTABLE has a very particular style of doing fight scenes that's very similar across a lot of their works. Fate Stay Night fights look surprisingly similar to the cutscenes in Tales of Xillia for example when it all comes down to it and animation aside the choreography is pretty similar in God Eater as well. They can definitely handle lots of action, but comedy....I'm just not sure really, a lot of what they handle is super serious bordering on stiff though I suppose there is the Tales of Zestiria movie. Anyway they're having massive scheduling and production problems right now so they wouldn't have been a good fit either at the moment unless people would want an episode every other week.

yuiyuigahama said:
i didnt make a single typo in my defense and ill go back to revise my punctuation if it makes you happy? at any rate it doesnt invalidate what i said much like how proper capitalization doesnt make you superior. ill admit that i didnt know about their deceptive marketing ploys and i acknowledge that theyre underhanded. it works though im personally attracted by their works and i still maintain my own opinion. its not like everything they animate will be perfect but i havent been disapponted by anything from them. kimiuso wasnt a ln adaptation pandering to teens was it? no clue if you watched it but it was heartfelt and i could relate to it because i went through the same thing as the main character and his mom. same applies to shinsekai yori and how progressive it was in portraying normal homosexual relationships. how else are you going to subsist as an anime studio that already only has a niche demographic honestly if you dont have mediocre shows to act as padding for the better ones.


I have seen Your Lie In April and actually read the manga. It has it's strengths and weaknesses pretty much like every noitaminA series they've done (The fact that the block is primarily about them and their overhead nowadays really limits it to an excruciating degree unfortunately) but I can't really relate to teen angst much at this point in my life and weepy stories about dying girls that seem to be a staple of Asian dramas do absolutely nothing for me so it was basically strong when focused on music, awful when it was trying to be about life lessons, something IMO A-1 wouldn't understand the first thing about relating through anime since it has nothing to do with making money. I also didn't really relate to SSY as a story about homo sexuals. That ones actually kind of an odd duck and also extremely uneven. It'd have it's strong stretches and then ones that were a total bore and seemed to have an extremely limited budget but ended surprisingly strong as well. It seems like a lot of the time their shows are defined by their endings as people remember them in their heads, but I could say the same for say KEY anime or other stuff that people obsess over and see as top examples of "good" drama nowadays.

Of course none of that would factor into running a show like One Punch Man cause it's not a weepy melodrama or young adult franchise nor is it a light novel or some sort of otaku thing.
Modified by PeacingOut, Dec 10, 2015 9:07 AM
 
Dec 11, 2015 4:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1214
no one cuz madhouse is the best studio :),best studio and best anime should go together
 
Dec 11, 2015 4:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 368
*cough*
Kyoani.
Let's see a moefied Saitama and Genos.
 
Dec 11, 2015 6:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 1808
Madhouse can handle it.
 
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

Preview MangaManga Store