Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 7, 2015 7:25 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Suwabe-san's character stops coming to school and their performance place has changed. Probably no one would see them perform because of their rival team bumping time. lol @ scary shuumai story. lol @ shuumai bento for everyday. Shuumai as star (as shape is star). Everyone gradually "goes separate ways" as Hosoya-san's character in movie with his father, another goes to musical audition, and Maeno-san's character has part-time job.

Hanging out just the initial two of them according to couple date featured of the magazine. Chinese restaurant featured second time this season (first was DwD). lol @ 3 of rival team members (the three that don't especially consider rivalry) wearing shuumai dogs (because the two owned their debt). lol @ shuumai dog song/dance. Everyone tried not nentioning about Suwabe-san's character in front of main guy because mentioning him would make him sad.

Then their practice as IN song this ep.

Nobu's character actually understands main guy's feeling, too, and gave him Suwabe-san's character's email address.

Main guy dealing with his feeling seriously next?
tsubasaloverDec 7, 2015 7:57 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 7, 2015 8:37 AM

Nov 2011
Seems more like a chill episode.

That weird song with the guys in those funny costume made me laugh more than expected for some reason though. The amount of feelings expressions that was reflected in the interpersonal dialogues seemed legit.
Dec 7, 2015 9:09 AM
Jul 2018
ey cute date between hoshitani and nayuki <3 o:
Dec 7, 2015 9:51 AM

Jun 2008
Scary Nayuki is my favorite. I'm still waiting for his sisters to be added to the character list.

It really was mean of Otori to just leave them without saying anything.
Dec 7, 2015 9:58 AM

Oct 2008
Pretty enjoyable episode. One of the things I like about this show is that they don't dwell on drama for too long, so it's always fun to watch.

Nayuki's character change was so cute this episode... and I loved the Hoshinayu date! It was nice seeing them going around Yokohama as I've been there a couple times and could recognise places :>

2 episodes left to go, I'll be really sad when it ends. If fan speculations are anything to go by, maybe hopes of a 2nd season are not lost. For a simple 1-cour anime you don't usually see cafe collaborations, 12 weeks of CD releases, and an official fanclub. They're also doing an all-episode screening event at the end of the season with more goods to be sold.

Importantly, there is no way Hoshitani and gang are actually getting into the Musical Department by the end of this season so it's possible that from the start the staff were planning for this to be 2 seasons. Edit: Scratch this, my memory failed me on how the selection process worked. But I think there's still room for the story to develop. It really depends on the BD/DVD sales go so I think I might just buy it and hope for the best.

Anyway, for everyone who's a fan of this show, I want to recommend watching this amazing fan made MMD. I've only replayed it like 50 times today. http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm27726728
komasanDec 7, 2015 10:04 AM
Dec 7, 2015 10:09 AM

Feb 2015

They seem to be slowly drifting apart from each other, but hopefully Ootori's absence isn't going to discourage the team from doing their best at the audition. And that 'Bow-Wow House' dance lol.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 7, 2015 10:16 AM
Jul 2018
The boys are slowly drifting apart from each other because of Otori's absence.

That "Bow-Wow House" dance was a lol!
Dec 7, 2015 10:21 AM
Mar 2010
komasan said:
Pretty enjoyable episode. One of the things I like about this show is that they don't dwell on drama for too long, so it's always fun to watch.

Nayuki's character change was so cute this episode... and I loved the Hoshinayu date! It was nice seeing them going around Yokohama as I've been there a couple times and could recognise places :>

2 episodes left to go, I'll be really sad when it ends. If fan speculations are anything to go by, maybe hopes of a 2nd season are not lost. For a simple 1-cour anime you don't usually see cafe collaborations, 12 weeks of CD releases, and an official fanclub. They're also doing an all-episode screening event at the end of the season with more goods to be sold.

Importantly, there is no way Hoshitani and gang are actually getting into the Musical Department by the end of this season so it's possible that from the start the staff were planning for this to be 2 seasons. Edit: Scratch this, my memory failed me on how the selection process worked. But I think there's still room for the story to develop. It really depends on the BD/DVD sales go so I think I might just buy it and hope for the best.

Anyway, for everyone who's a fan of this show, I want to recommend watching this amazing fan made MMD. I've only replayed it like 50 times today. http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm27726728

I hope you're right. BD/DVD sales look like they'll be fine. Not amazing, but alright. Well, it's a bit hard to tell since female oriented shows get lots of sales from Animate, but it's been ranking well there too.

Wow, is it really getting cafe collaborations and the like? I saw some new merch on twitter but I didn't think it was that popular.

I so hope for a second season of this anime. The characters really grew on me and it's as if the anime was growing as it went on as well. At first, I liked it, in a goofy way but it was kinda bland. But now? Heaven forbid I say that!
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Dec 7, 2015 10:31 AM
Apr 2011
They made me cry at 2 o'clock in the morning! At the part where they were remembering how Otori senpai called them BOYS, and how the absent senpai reminded the strong points of each one of the BOYs.

Ofcourse this episode had some fun moments aswell. Like the part where Naiyuki scared Tengenji with that silly story! Or the part where everyone around Hoshitani & Naiyuki were couples!! :D

I like the bond between Hoshitani & Otori senpai, which everyone else seemed to be noticing in this episode. The fact that they didn't talk about senpai so Hoshitani won't be sad, and even Tatsumi from the other team giving senpai's mail addres to Hoshitani, were all so sweet.
Dec 7, 2015 10:57 AM

Sep 2014
I miss Ootori. I hope the next episode Hoshitani talks to him..
Dec 7, 2015 11:38 AM

Dec 2009
"Scary" Nayuki was more adorable than scary lmao

Hoshitani and Nayuki's date <3

Inumine being hilarious as always

Ahh everyone is so cute

The song in this episode was probably my favourite so far aside from Tsukigami's solo song
Dec 7, 2015 2:00 PM
Sep 2015
This episode wasn't the same without Ootori-sama. I miss hearing his "now, boys.." :(

I noticed Ootori-sama's theme song played a couple of times during the parts when Stardust were thinking about him. I loved hearing this composition again because it reminded me of him :)

I hope Ootori-sama comes back if Hoshitani speaks to him, because he is the ray of sunshine of this show :)

YuckydiyuckDec 7, 2015 2:05 PM
Dec 7, 2015 2:14 PM

Jun 2014
The best part was the steamed bum answer by Kuga lol
All credit goes to Sacred.
Dec 7, 2015 2:47 PM

Jan 2014
I'm really glade they got the outside stage, I just feel so satisfied by this.
Nayuki confirmed to be a total yandere though.
Can we please talk about the fact that they just randomly danced outside, Like they have no shame at all. I would be embarrassed just singing/dancing outside
Dec 7, 2015 3:33 PM

Apr 2014
that dance of dogs hahahha
sometimes the relation of the guys are closer to yaoi hahhaha
they are so soft mild delicateeeeee XD
Dec 7, 2015 4:34 PM

Apr 2015
Lol, didn't expect for Otori to suddenly disappear. The whole date + their time at the restaurant was enjoyable, and their interactions feeling more natural. Decent episode.
Dec 7, 2015 8:45 PM

Oct 2011
Dog dance <3333

OMG Otori's words to the others T___________T
Dec 7, 2015 8:47 PM

Jul 2009
I just can't wait until our boys perform and blow everyone away. How dare they underestimate them! They shall rue the day!

lol totally knew the guy in the dog costume would be Inumine. Love that guy.

Nayuki's badass scene was awesome. bless.

Also seems like everyone knows that Hoshitani x Otori is canon.
Dec 7, 2015 8:52 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
FireEmblemIke24 said:
The best part was the steamed bum answer by Kuga lol

That's actually the ending to that ghost story, lol. I remember when my sister told me that shumai "ghost story" when I was younger, and then when she told me the answer to the story, I laughed so hard because I was tense the whole time.

I liked the song they performed at the end, it's nice to see that they're still moving forward and not letting it get to them. I wonder if they'll know what really happened.

Loved the Bow-Wow House dance omg. Probably the dance I've enjoyed the most so far in this series :P
Dec 8, 2015 11:10 AM
May 2007
I miss Otori-senpai too much. I wasn't sure I'd survive this episode, my heart kept aching.
I wish he will come back and be able to see his boys perform from the outdoor stage.

Kuga said:
Hoshitani, you like Otori, don't you?

Hoshitani my love rival.
Dec 8, 2015 11:58 AM

Sep 2010
Omg Nayuki and Hoshitani were dating. xD

The preview made me laugh how can you mistake a doughnut for a CD? WHO DOES THAT?
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Dec 8, 2015 2:09 PM

Aug 2013
Not sure which is more embarrassing, the Bow-Wow House dance or the Anglerfish dance from Girls und Panzer...
Dec 9, 2015 11:44 AM

Mar 2014
Inugirlz said:
Also seems like everyone knows that Hoshitani x Otori is canon.

I kind of hope so. Although that would be weird af, despite the 'date', Nayuki is way too good for Hoshitani.

Anyway, Nayuki and Tengenji were adorable with the Shumai story. Inu guy was great but the other 2 from that group were decent in this ep too. They should drop the other 2 and make a trio.
I guess I'm the only one who didn't miss Otori one bit and especially not his "boys".
Dec 9, 2015 8:12 PM

Aug 2007
Nayuki's scary shumai story was brilliant but that date was something else. Just how clueless can Hoshitani be. But it was cute how they didn't freak out and act all grossed when they realized it, a lot of shows like to add homo subtext only to then have the character act offended when their possibly being gay is at all mentioned.

Not going to lie, I'd rather the Random Song of the Week had been the Shumai dance routine as opposed to the usual 'yay!' song at the end.
Dec 10, 2015 12:21 PM

Jan 2009
wait hoshitani is legit in love with ootori what
im so happy
but so sad
this anime is too underrated
Dec 12, 2015 1:05 AM

May 2008
Kuga, you can't just casually drop a line like that... He probably meant it in a platonic way because nobody else reacted, but ๅฅฝใ can also mean "like" in the romantic sense soooo hey.

Too bad Ootori/Hiiragi won't happen since they're brothers. Dammit.

Also, they need to stop acting like Ootori died. He's just MIA for a while, he's not dead. This happens a lot in anime though so whatever I guess.
Dec 12, 2015 2:35 PM
Sep 2014
Dogs +Chinese restaurant + meat = ?
Dec 13, 2015 1:25 AM

Jan 2014
MINMAY- said:
wait hoshitani is legit in love with ootori what
lol. #ded
Dec 20, 2015 11:30 PM

Dec 2012
Maaaan I'm feeling it. I thought they might have a falling out with Ootori's absence, but this just helped to strengthen that sense of camaraderie that's been building up throughout. The end scene was very heartwarming and oh my goodness, that ost knows exactly when and where to show up. And can I just say how incredible it is? Seriously, soundtrack of the season no competition. Loved the uppity track that was playing during Nayuki and Hoshitani's "date" as well. Lol @ Hoshitani's reaction to it, "Oh that's why it started feeling like a date halfway through." No unnecessary BL hints or embarrassment.
Dec 26, 2015 1:49 AM

Jul 2012
The date was super cute. Then, the Dog Restaurant part was really fun. Then, the very last part really impressed me, the visuals, the lyrics and the choreo! I felt teary eyed. Great show. Will rewatch in the future.
Feb 12, 2016 3:45 AM

Dec 2013
OMG that bow wow house performance was really funny. It's funny how can they dance and sing a silly song with a straight face lol. Nice to see the Hiragi team in shumai/dog costume lol

โ˜…โ”โ”โ”€
๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต?
๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ?

Mar 16, 2022 4:43 AM

Feb 2020
That Bow-Wow House dance was so random. x3

Pretty fun and chill episode, but I can see Otori's absence makes everyone a bit sad.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Starmyu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2015

50 by yveltalkyogre »»
Feb 7, 2023 2:36 PM

Poll: » Best Boy

Heiize - Oct 31, 2015

46 by Serafos »»
Mar 19, 2022 5:56 PM

Poll: » Starmyu Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 14, 2015

41 by Serafos »»
Mar 16, 2022 9:06 AM

Poll: » Starmyu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2015

46 by Serafos »»
Mar 16, 2022 2:46 AM

Poll: » Starmyu Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2015

34 by Serafos »»
Mar 16, 2022 1:49 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.