Forum Settings
Forums
My Wife is Wagatsuma-san
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 6, 2015 9:19 AM

Jul 2013
So I just finished the manga recently. "AND I COULDN'T SEE IT AS A HAPPY ENDING." for sure it was meant to be happy, but I just couldn't see it that way.

The only good thing that happened in MC's POV is that Wagatsuma didn't die (which is I guess already big in its own way) But the entire series is about Aoshima chasing after Wagatsuma a good ending would be something like both of them being married. It's in the title itself afterall.

In the last chapters of their high school days when Wagatsuma visited Aoshima's house to get her TV drama collection back Wagatsuma noticed Aoshima actually became really interested with those series but she said It's too late. Implying they can't go back to dating like before. (probably)

The time-skip plot twists happens. They all meet in the airport Aoshima reveals he is already a writer and ask for Wagatsuma's phone number. The end.
There was no way of knowing if he was accepted or rejected but It's likely he was rejected. Like what I said above Wagatsuma didn't think of getting back together with him even after he got himself into TV dramas. What good would being a writer for one do to him? Looking back on that chapter I see more chances of him being rejected. They'd probably still be friends being the nice person she is but it stops there.

How about the last time-slip where they get married? (when he passed out at the airport) We know for sure what you see in time-slips are subjected to change so there's that. It's not set in stone.
Jan 6, 2016 2:27 AM

Jun 2013
ending was so rushed. if only they replace those 60+ fillers into proper plots..

Jan 30, 2016 11:02 AM

Mar 2015
when the comedy is gone (around 1/3 part of end). it's already complite shit. it's still good with triangle love, but the story after that just plain repetative.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 22, 2016 7:51 PM
Sep 2015
Yeah, it would've been nice to see an actual non-timeslip marriage happen.

And yes, it does feel like the ending was really rushed. The entire last 9 chapters, ever since the teacher was revealed to be another time slipper. WTF was that? And the whole trying to keep Wagatsuma alive felt like a rip-off of S;G.

Still gonna give it an 8 because the first 90% of the story was so much fun.

Alexlung said:
ending was so rushed. if only they replace those 60+ fillers into proper plots..

Dude, the "fillers" were awesome. Except that alternate history one where they were samurai or something.
Dec 31, 2016 9:06 AM
Feb 2014
It is assumed that they end up together married because most of what he tried to do was to make sure the future would not change and part of that is obviously saving her.
5 Centimeters Per Second - Or what I'd like to call as 5 Anime Wallpapers Per Second.
Feb 24, 2017 9:39 AM
Aug 2016
I agree, the ending was so rushed, but I did feel that it went downhill after about 70% of the story. And what's up with cutting out Silvia in the second half of the series?! That made me mad.
Mar 4, 2017 12:42 AM
Jul 2016
Jarri said:
So I just finished the manga recently. "AND I COULDN'T SEE IT AS A HAPPY ENDING." for sure it was meant to be happy, but I just couldn't see it that way.

The only good thing that happened in MC's POV is that Wagatsuma didn't die (which is I guess already big in its own way) But the entire series is about Aoshima chasing after Wagatsuma a good ending would be something like both of them being married. It's in the title itself afterall.

In the last chapters of their high school days when Wagatsuma visited Aoshima's house to get her TV drama collection back Wagatsuma noticed Aoshima actually became really interested with those series but she said It's too late. Implying they can't go back to dating like before. (probably)

The time-skip plot twists happens. They all meet in the airport Aoshima reveals he is already a writer and ask for Wagatsuma's phone number. The end.
There was no way of knowing if he was accepted or rejected but It's likely he was rejected. Like what I said above Wagatsuma didn't think of getting back together with him even after he got himself into TV dramas. What good would being a writer for one do to him? Looking back on that chapter I see more chances of him being rejected. They'd probably still be friends being the nice person she is but it stops there.

How about the last time-slip where they get married? (when he passed out at the airport) We know for sure what you see in time-slips are subjected to change so there's that. It's not set in stone.

I still remember the part where Ai told Aoshima she was surpised at the christmas party , there's a "kiss". I thought something funny gonna happen there like Aoshima kissing Dobashi or such but it never happened.

The most thing that pissed me off was when Aoshima asked when he kiss Wagatsuma on the christmas at the time slip. I thought maybe Ai refer the "kiss" at the after party on 3rd year christmas.

Then she say they were kissing in 3rd year at christmas. then, i thought maybe Ai refer the "kiss" at the after party on 3rd year christmas.

but hell no, they broke up at the last year at 2nd year, and in 3rd year they did not make contanct at all.

I mean wtf happened ? future changed ? no explanation at all ? or i missing some chapter where he kiss her ?

the only kiss Aoshima got was from the Ran girl that make a surpise kiss
Jun 2, 2017 10:27 PM

Dec 2013
Alexlung said:

100% agree it's a shame the ending was so rushed. Well, it happens all the time in manga so I should be used to it but, it really takes away from the overall story when they do that.
Nov 15, 2017 12:40 PM
Sep 2016
pjburton said:
Alexlung said:

100% agree it's a shame the ending was so rushed. Well, it happens all the time in manga so I should be used to it but, it really takes away from the overall story when they do that.

Garbage ending,
Such a let down, what happens to Sylvia ? Things didn't end properly with Ran and Mc and his 'wife' don't even get together and why did he wait on her for 10 years ? Who knows she might have married someone else etc. So disappointed
Dec 23, 2017 5:16 AM

Jun 2012
And I was just about to make a thread to ask if there's an epilogue or something because of that shitty ending. Glad I wasn't the only one feeling bitter about this tasteless happy ending.
Jul 21, 2021 2:46 AM

Feb 2017
kalinime said:
Yeah, it would've been nice to see an actual non-timeslip marriage happen.

And yes, it does feel like the ending was really rushed. The entire last 9 chapters, ever since the teacher was revealed to be another time slipper. WTF was that? And the whole trying to keep Wagatsuma alive felt like a rip-off of S;G.

Still gonna give it an 8 because the first 90% of the story was so much fun.

Alexlung said:

Dude, the "fillers" were awesome. Except that alternate history one where they were samurai or something.

True, the best part of this manga is those antics that the DX Brigade did. Screw the love triangle and the ending lol.
Sorry for replying a 4 year old post btw.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome Chapter 98 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2014

61 by Fallen_Core »»
Aug 7, 2023 7:17 AM

Poll: » Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome Chapter 67 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2014

6 by Max747 »»
Aug 14, 2021 2:31 AM

Poll: » Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome Chapter 30 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2013

7 by Kyu_waii »»
May 25, 2021 1:27 AM

» The Epilogue! (Fan Made)

Flexicute - Apr 9, 2015

14 by tokihikki »»
Feb 20, 2021 2:01 AM

Poll: » Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome Chapter 65 Discussion

IZUMI64 - Jan 13, 2014

19 by ShadowkillZ »»
Dec 28, 2019 7:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.