Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: One Punch Man Episode 10 Discussion

Dec 6, 2015 1:18 PM

Drake1000 said:
Dylan21 said:

I just hope Madhouse don't pull a No Game No Life and not give it a 2nd season even though it's highly popular and seemed certain to get one.

Garou being shown already does make the chances much higher for a 2nd season and Madhouse would be stupid not to give it one due to such a high popularity (even 9gag show pictures/memes of it). Seems too profitable to not try cash in on it more by adapting the entire manga.

Madhouse rarely does S2s, I can think of Kaiji, Hajime no Ippo and Ace of diamonds who got sequels, I don't see why a mega hit such as OPM won't get one.

OPM is popular but not as much as Osomatsu-san in japan.

Dec 6, 2015 1:23 PM

The animation was amazing. This episode was crazy. Loving the fact that everybody that's an S rank is still trying to figure out how to attack the ship while Saitama is already inside lol. Can't wait for next week!

Dec 6, 2015 1:38 PM
Bone Idle Perv

Dylan21 said:
I just hope Madhouse don't pull a No Game No Life and not give it a 2nd season even though it's highly popular and seemed certain to get one.

I think from the get-go with NGNL they were just drumming up interest in the novel to up the sales.

I'd say the chances are fairly high for a 2nd season, they'll just need to wait for the manga to get a bit further.
I imagine they'd have a hard time creating the scenes from ONE's webcomic without Murata's re-draws as a reference.

Dec 6, 2015 1:40 PM

I dunno, something felt off this episode. All the dialogue was really dragged out a la One Piece-style and the action scenes felt really short and simply cut-off at times, like when Saitama kicked back the ships cannon shells... Seems like Madhouse wanted to put in too much material into one episode and limited the screentime for the more visually impressive scenes. Or they're just trying to save their budget for the final fight... Nonetheless, the manga impressed me a lot more compared to the manga. Hopefully they go all out for the last two episodes. I'm hypu!

Dec 6, 2015 1:56 PM

Thas weird. It's like they skipped some parts in this episode. Well a fine episode regardless.
Now for Boros to appear.

Dec 6, 2015 2:00 PM

jazoraa said:
Spoiler Alert!

NO NO NO. Do not destroy this anime with another LAME CLICHE of a 5 years old overpowered girl. This is just bad and nothing really happened during this episode. compared to the 9th episode and that legendary speech that was given by Mumen Rider while getting beaten by that king of the sea monster. Seriously this VERY OLD CLICHE of an extremely young weirdo overpowered girl should stop. Many things could have been done better for this episode and to find out that I waited for one week only to watch some supposedly funny little 3 years old girl shouting everywhere is not fun, and more of a filler to me.

Many other things got me questioning the logic of this show at this episode "10", most of them were complaining about not being able to reach to the top of that ship or the mother ship of the aliens was too high for them to reach, but most of these guys can fly and that's what they showed at the beginning of this episode when the underage baby with green hair was flying and ordered a meteor on that dinosaur kind of monster, how about Genos flying all the time and now he said "I will attack from ground" Seriously this is just a way to destroy a good anime by making up some unlogical situations that contradict the anime basics.

She is 28 years old.
Nobody can fly except Tatsumaki, I guess.

Dec 6, 2015 2:00 PM

It seems that the next episodes will be too epic :D
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 6, 2015 2:01 PM
Genos face when that girl was talking shit was amazing xD He's totally done with her after that. Not that he had interest in any other hero than Saitama anyway.

Can't wait for next episode. This looked really promising. Maybe this time Saitama will get some more credit and not like when he smashed the meteor(could mention the last enemy but he gave that one up intentionally)

jazoraa said:
how about Genos flying all the time and now he said "I will attack from ground" Seriously this is just a way to destroy a good anime by making up some unlogical situations that contradict the anime basics.

Only because he is able to it doesn't mean he has to fly up there. I could name a few explanations which you could apply here. Doesn't really matter which one you take. Genos decision at least wasn't unlogical at all. The other guys, well... They are not Genos and Saitama. What do you expect? I suppose if it wasn't for the time those to would be rank #1 and #2. I mean who do you have in the upper ranks. They might be strong but not overpowered. But you can't put them at that rank after a few weeks of being a hero officially.
Modified by Nanashi, Dec 6, 2015 2:06 PM

Dec 6, 2015 2:01 PM

jazoraa said:
Spoiler Alert!

NO NO NO. Do not destroy this anime with another LAME CLICHE of a 5 years old overpowered girl. This is just bad and nothing really happened during this episode. compared to the 9th episode and that legendary speech that was given by Mumen Rider while getting beaten by that king of the sea monster. Seriously this VERY OLD CLICHE of an extremely young weirdo overpowered girl should stop. Many things could have been done better for this episode and to find out that I waited for one week only to watch some supposedly funny little 3 years old girl shouting everywhere is not fun, and more of a filler to me.

Many other things got me questioning the logic of this show at this episode "10", most of them were complaining about not being able to reach to the top of that ship or the mother ship of the aliens was too high for them to reach, but most of these guys can fly and that's what they showed at the beginning of this episode when the underage baby with green hair was flying and ordered a meteor on that dinosaur kind of monster, how about Genos flying all the time and now he said "I will attack from ground" Seriously this is just a way to destroy a good anime by making up some unlogical situations that contradict the anime basics.

I'm smelling Feminazi SJW in your post.

Dec 6, 2015 2:02 PM

At least Hatano gets to voice one pompadour-honing badass; Metal Bat!

King's engine beating WAS JUST asadjdlkfej

Lord Boros at the end, oh the fucking hype.

ALSO GAROU.

The pacing is lightning fast but surprisingly tolerable and enjoyable.

Modified by Biser, Dec 6, 2015 2:09 PM

Dec 6, 2015 2:03 PM
jazoraa said:
Spoiler Alert!

Tatsumaki is 28 years old lol.

Also she and genos are the only ones from that scene that can fly and she commenced her attack and refused Genos' help so it's not too illogical

Dec 6, 2015 2:05 PM
Bone Idle Perv

jazoraa said:
Something about Logic

It's a fun, light show about ridiculously OP heroes... Logic is the last thing you should be bringing in to this.

Also there's plenty of us who enjoy this "cliche" OP loli character (Her little sister is better though).

Dec 6, 2015 2:09 PM

Boros is HERE! Time get hyped!!!!!!!!

GAROU?????!!!!! Please god let them make a season 2! The Garou arc deserves to be animated, i personally think its even better than Boros.

Dec 6, 2015 2:11 PM

Waiting for the PuriPuriPrisoner x Genos doujins ...

Dec 6, 2015 2:15 PM

shuryukan said:
KilluaX4 said:

In the manga:

murata's just too op

manga scene

compare to

Maybe saving budget for boros fight ;)

That difference..

Dec 6, 2015 2:15 PM

That regenerator alien kind of sounded like Meruem from hxh
Nothing as beautiful as the blue light at five in the morning.

Dec 6, 2015 2:17 PM

bastek66 said:
TAT ASS

Best moment of the episode.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?

Dec 6, 2015 2:20 PM

Saturn19 said:
That regenerator alien kind of sounded like Meruem from hxh

Same VA.

Dec 6, 2015 2:25 PM

build up and saving budget for the finale

cannot wait

Dec 6, 2015 2:26 PM
KING ENGINE roarring lol

Modified by labrax, Dec 6, 2015 2:29 PM

Dec 6, 2015 2:27 PM

Mostly a set up episode but it was still fun. The most exciting thing about this was the ost, though. It had been slightly repetitive so far, so I was psyched to see new awesome soundtracks, which fit the Boros arc to perfection.
Too bad the awesome manga double page of Saitama looking at the ship from the top of the HA building wasn't done justice, but I guess that's nitpicking.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...

Dec 6, 2015 2:31 PM

smelldemon said:
Tatsumaki's got no chill ;p

LMAO it feels so different watching King again knowing his ,,secret'' :D

IT DOES

Going to love Boros fight SO DAMN MUCH

Dec 6, 2015 2:39 PM

YOOOOOO that tatsumaki start, she just causally dropped a dragon level meteor from deep space XD
I love it! XD

Metal bat's voice isn't what I expected :(
Child emperor has detective conan's voice XD perfect.

That spaceship was glorious :'(
And Boros :O

Xenocrisi said:

OPM is popular but not as much as Osomatsu-san in japan.

The TV ratings should be similar, and opm gets recorded way more than osomatsu-san for later viewing.

Dec 6, 2015 2:41 PM
kyle8998 said:
Tornado best girl
She's an annoying cunt

Dec 6, 2015 2:42 PM
So is this where saitama saves the world as per and nobody sees it or doesn't believe it was difficult so think he's weak still even tho he could kill anyone in this anime without trying, probably

Dec 6, 2015 2:43 PM
Bone Idle Perv

ichii_1 said:

I was also disappointing with this. I think it's same VA that played that pathetic, allergic to girls, bitch of an MC from MayoChiki. I get irritated just hearing it.

Dec 6, 2015 2:46 PM

Can I contain my hype until next time? it's only SEVEN days ⁝( ìˊ̱᷊᷄ཀˋ̱᷊᷅í)و ̑̑ グッ !"
Saitama going in totally focused :3

Dec 6, 2015 2:47 PM

This is so epic. Why do I have a feeling though that Saitama will wreck Boros and no one will even know that he was the main boss. D:

Dec 6, 2015 2:47 PM
jazoraa said:
Spoiler Alert!

It seems the joke of her character went through one ear and right out the other with you. It was done intentionally just look at the amount of times she went chibi sized.

Also jazoraa I don't know about you but I've never seen a 3-5 year old girl the size of Tatsumaki. If you're going to play the "age" game calling her 12-16 years old would be more accurate.

Also the reason she can fly is simply because she's an esper. None of the other characters including Saitama can fly. (In Saitama's case it looks like he can fly but its just him performing a super jump).

Dec 6, 2015 2:50 PM

Only 2 episodes left...so sad,OPM is irreplaceable.
It should have lasted 24 episodes at least. :-(

Dec 6, 2015 2:57 PM
Where is Tom Cruise? I was trying to find him when I heard the Inception Bass when Saitama was dodging those Bullet Bills.

Dec 6, 2015 2:58 PM

Jklmn said:
Not enough manga content for that, unless they drag the arcs out

Dec 6, 2015 3:02 PM

Sangaz said:
ichii_1 said:

I was also disappointing with this. I think it's same VA that played that pathetic, allergic to girls, bitch of an MC from MayoChiki. I get irritated just hearing it.

I didn't mind his voice, but while reading the manga I always imagined him having the exact same voice as Knuckle from HxH 2011.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...

Dec 6, 2015 3:05 PM

shuryukan said:
Jklmn said:
Not enough manga content for that, unless they drag the arcs out

Buuut.. they can put in also the saitama's marginal stories and even some fillers,it doesn't matter,OPM is always fun...
I know anyway that this isn't so simple and mainly the budget isn't enough.
Seriously 12 episodes are so short..

Dec 6, 2015 3:13 PM
Bone Idle Perv

geralt said:
Sangaz said:

I didn't mind his voice, but while reading the manga I always imagined him having the exact same voice as Knuckle from HxH 2011.

Aye, a proper yankee voice. Ono Daisuke doing his Shizuo-style voice would have done it for me as well though.

Dec 6, 2015 3:16 PM
geralt said:
Sangaz said:

Yeah, pretty much.

One of the meh episodes and the animation took a nose dive particularly.

Dec 6, 2015 3:17 PM

Child emperor is voiced by the legend Minami Takayama ; detective Conan voice actor !!!

let that sink in!

Dec 6, 2015 3:19 PM

Gathering of the S Class Heroes OMG EPIC

WHOA dat space ship and BOROS!!!!!!

Dec 6, 2015 3:21 PM
I adore OPM, I have never read the webseries nor did I take a look at the redraw so I just kick back and enjoy this pure awesomeness unfold in front of me

5/5

Dec 6, 2015 3:23 PM

We got to see all the S-class heroes, sweet!

the boros arc is here! can't wait to see the rest.

Dec 6, 2015 3:23 PM
Zetsubo667 said:
jazoraa said:
Spoiler Alert!

It seems the joke of her character went through one ear and right out the other with you. It was done intentionally just look at the amount of times she went chibi sized.

Also jazoraa I don't know about you but I've never seen a 3-5 year old girl the size of Tatsumaki. If you're going to play the "age" game calling her 12-16 years old would be more accurate.

Also the reason she can fly is simply because she's an esper. None of the other characters including Saitama can fly. (In Saitama's case it looks like he can fly but its just him performing a super jump).

The Irony @ jazoraa's comment/complaint is just fucking hilarious XD !!

While he hates her guts for being a nonsense spouting brat who doesn't know shit, he actually DOES THE EXACT SAME THING !! Hahaha :DD

Just spouting and complaining about stuff, without even having the slightest knowledge about the characters or their abilities. Way to go man, you are the real LVP , least valuable pissbrat ^^

I just don't get how a fun show like this , can actually generate so much hate in a person. He probably got his ass kicked by a real life loli :P

Dec 6, 2015 3:25 PM

Pretty cool episode, good build up type of episode that was interesting because they introduced pretty much all the S class heroes which was cool to see and learn about. Looks like we have gotten monsters from underground, underwater, the sky, whats next? Yup space so we get an alien invasion that I am so hyped for the next episode to see all the S class heroes fight against this big threat!

Here is my full review on the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-PIBTavN0o&feature=youtu.be

Dec 6, 2015 3:38 PM

so boros is here lets see how he is
saitama is quick!
the samurai is cool saitama doesnt care about any opinion hahha good

Dec 6, 2015 3:43 PM
Hug Addict <3

Borus arc hype

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"

Dec 6, 2015 3:52 PM

Can't contain my excitement for the next episode....even though I'm a manga reader.

Dec 6, 2015 3:54 PM

atomic samurai is sooooooooo badasssssssss

and dat tornado greatness , her character was spot on

Dec 6, 2015 3:56 PM

animefan8800 said:
Why doesn't Psychic Chibi just bring down 4 or 5 of those meteors on the ship like she did the dinosaur?
In the middle of A city?
Always remember that anime is a niche medium in Japan. Manga sells way better

Dec 6, 2015 4:07 PM

So hype for the next episode I have a feeling it's going to be gorgeously animated! This is the part I've been waiting for in the adaptation.

Dec 6, 2015 4:08 PM

With so many new character's introduced, it's not surprising that not all of the voices fit the characters. Well, there's only 2 episodes left, so you don't have to get used to them. And no one asked who made the hole in the ceiling. I know he didn't introduce himself to everyone, but 5 of them used the hole to exit the building. None of them thought it was odd that the strongest building there was punctured by a hero. Well, a threat was at hand, so I guess I'll let them off the hook.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)

Dec 6, 2015 4:11 PM
i cannot remember Tatsumaki vs the Dinosaur King on the manga so probably an anime original to show how strong she is

Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

Preview MangaManga Store