Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion

Aug 15, 2015 11:12 AM
Ok ..So this is my hyothesis: the awakening of Izanami splits Yin up in two: the evil Yin that can take lives and the second Yin that can awaken powers (hence the black and white).
What do you guys think?

Oct 17, 2015 2:45 PM

I think it's absolute bs, end of story.
I was here? Prove it.

Nov 17, 2015 8:21 AM

Super rushed ending.

Dec 2, 2015 12:56 AM
Ending is a lie.....but still, I gotta say that I enjoyed this season 2. It wasn't that bad....Well, at least for me.
This needs a season 3, but I guess that won't be happening anymore. I shall watch the Gaiden now.

Dec 8, 2015 11:29 AM

Oreille told that an very destructive being will be born or comes to existence when Izanami and Izanagi comes together.

So I think this guy is the one that was born the moment they both came together.

Dec 11, 2015 9:04 AM
yin is not dead.. hei combined yin's soul (the one wearing white) to her original body! :3 they are together ,, thank god..! i am so happy yin didn't die :3 (other yin wearing black is yin's power it separated it self from yin's soul(white) to create its own existence as a contractor = this is the new being they were talking about) shion is special and exceptional because he was born as a contractor he is full of power and that's why black yin needed him!

that's why shion said i made a deal its done ! it was with yin's power(blak wearing one) the deal is i will give my power and my soul to you so you can create yourself but you have to help me to create copies of people and give souls to them (dead peoples copies was made and there original soul with little memories was combine). the rest black yin teleported from real earth to "the earth shion created" ! :3

Dec 11, 2015 9:04 AM
Aozure said:
Seriously WTF?! I didn't understand wtf happened in this O_O! Suou lost her memory and 2 Yins, Hei got his powers back and killed Yin or did he? Gah....Kirihara on the run with Madame Oreille in the flying car x_X and then Yin alive at the end?? WTF?? I need to re-watch!

I loved the series but the ending is just...hope the OVA clears some stuff up and hope for another season...

I would have given this season 10/10 but because of the WTF ending i give it 9/10
yin is not dead.. hei combined yin's soul (the one wearing white) to her original body! :3 they are together ,, thank god..! i am so happy yin didn't die :3 (other yin wearing black is yin's power it separated it self from yin's soul(white) to create its own existence as a contractor = this is the new being they were talking about) shion is special and exceptional because he was born as a contractor he is full of power and that's why black yin needed him!

that's why shion said i made a deal its done ! it was with yin's power(blak wearing one) the deal is i will give my power and my soul to you so you can create yourself but you have to help me to create copies of people and give souls to them (dead peoples copies was made and there original soul with little memories was combine). the rest black yin teleported from real earth to "the earth shion created" ! :3

Dec 11, 2015 9:06 AM
Trisection said:
tokki said:
Did Shion create a NEW EARTH or something? Basically replicated everyone and their copies with new memories in the new word?

This is exactly what the guys from 2ch said. Something about Hei sending July and Suou to Earth Shion so that they could still be saved. Everyone from the real world probably has his/her own copy.

Pic related:

oh my god thank you for this ..i love November ! and everything make sense now ! i'll explain because you did this for me !

Jan 28, 2016 7:08 AM

Yin transfer Suou and July to the fake World and get happy fake ending
I think that kid in coffin is Hei x Yin kid because is "the new being" lol

Jan 30, 2016 10:16 PM

All of that went to creating some fake ideal world? Is this naruto?

Mar 6, 2016 12:19 PM

Well this ending was super rushed and pretty weird at the same time.
So Suou and July are gone for good but in a alternate universe? Lol wut?
What happened to Yin and Hei at the end there?
What the fuck was that male Yin clone?

Hopefully we'll get a season 3 because i need answers.

While this season was not as good as the first one, it wasn't as bad like people stated, probably because I watched the OVAs beforehand
7/10
Modified by KashKetchum, Mar 6, 2016 12:30 PM

Mar 21, 2016 8:13 AM
Kryptiq said:
Well this ending was super rushed and pretty weird at the same time.
So Suou and July are gone for good but in a alternate universe? Lol wut?
What happened to Yin and Hei at the end there?
What the fuck was that male Yin clone?

Hopefully we'll get a season 3 because i need answers.

While this season was not as good as the first one, it wasn't as bad like people stated, probably because I watched the OVAs beforehand
7/10

yes Suou and July live happy lives on Earth/Ark without contractors and gates. That was Shion's gift for Suou.
There was black Yin-Izanami and white Yin-Yins' consciousness.
About what happened to Yin and Hei - there are countless theories. Browse forums.

Apr 1, 2016 10:27 PM

Just a waste of time. No need for season 3. 4/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 10, 2016 12:22 AM

...wait what? I mean, WHAT!!??

May 15, 2016 10:14 AM

A happy ending
But they're fake
Uh no
I didn't approve this kind of ending :(
That was weird, the ending leave everyone confused

Time to read Shikkoku no Hana
"Signature removed"

Jun 1, 2016 6:16 AM

Yeah this is a WTF is going on, this makes no sense at all. Flying cars, everyone dying, Suou is...somewhere?

This makes no sense at all, 3/10...after I gave season 1 a 9/10. I see why everyone hates this season.

Jun 11, 2016 12:10 PM

Deym its like it never reach the ending T_T its like it never existed!
"A sword is a weapon, Kenjutsu is the
art of killing, Whatever pretty words
you use to speak of it, this is
its true nature."

Otaku always defy common sense.

nferocious76

Jun 22, 2016 4:49 AM

I just finished watching this series. I feel like I've been trolled.

I thought Season 1 was pretty good, however lacked a satisfying conclusion. But this? ... I don't know what this is, but it isn't satisfying.

Excuse me while I add this director's name to my blacklist.

Jun 26, 2016 12:28 AM

This anime is plain boring. My overral rating goes like this 4/10.

Jul 8, 2016 4:57 PM

I am fucking crying.... a lot... I can't contain myself, damn it... T_T
Why am I crying!?

This was such a ride, it this very episode gave me sadness and joy and excitement and ...and... a lot! First I thought it was gonna be a sad ending, then a happy ending, then a bittersweet ending...arrgghh!!!

Why doesn't this have a third season!? It has an open ending, right!?
Oh god my feels... I'm still crying... I knew this was gonna happen when I started watching the second season.

But really, WTH happened!? A second earth, everyone is suddenly there, Hei disappeared again, Yin is dead or not dead... there is a lot of unanswered questions.

----------------------

Ok, next day and with a cooled down head.

While I loved this season I do admit it was rushed in some parts (the end was incredibly rushed) and left some serious plot holes.
We don't get explanations to questions raised in the first season but neither from questions from this season like what was that Earth Ark, or how everything worked to to achieve that, what was the role of those two twin dolls, or the blonde woman with the space suit, the USA invading Japan, or everything else.

Again, I loved Hei's initial character underdevelopment to later develop him into his better past self, and Suou, I liked that girl she was adorable, brave and for her age I think she behaved better than I expected. Another thing I loved was that this anime has no fanservice... I really loved that touch.

Still, I do not regret the 9/10 I give this series since it touched my heart and entertained me a lot even when it was rushed and had plot holes (that can be solved with a new season, but well, it's been 5 years and still nothing...)

What can I say? Suou's epilogue made me shed tears... her longing for "someone" she doesn't know who it is... her brother, Hei, her original life... It was all touching.
BK201 still lives on, and hopefully Yin too.
Modified by HumbertoZero, Jul 9, 2016 11:46 AM

[Softsubs > HardsubsFansubs > fast subsDarkmantis - @HumbertoZero]________________
How to read Fate/Strange Fake Light novel________________

Jul 22, 2016 2:17 PM

DtB: The Clone Wars 7/10

Well, I guess it was too much to ask to have a plot resolution that someone other than the author and a handful of his apologists could understood (and one that wasn't rushed with the usual sci-fi deux machina fingerprints everywhere).

That said I enjoyed the pace and linear plot more than I did S1. The new (and old) characters were good. The early Russian setting was a nice change. Mao becoming a flying squirrel :) Suou's PTRD-41 transformation reminded me of Revolutionary Girl Utena (Anthy producing Sword of Dios out of her chest).

Final words:
Modified by 8oomer, Jul 22, 2016 3:57 PM
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

Jul 30, 2016 5:19 PM

My biggest issue was with them insisting on showing Suou's "transformation scene" every single time. I get it, she's a contractor, and she can summon a huge rifle. No need to show it over and over again, especially as no other contractor had anything even remotely similar. Of course, she's a special case, but still..

Other than that, i liked it. The ending is a huge mess, with what exactly happend, who's been playing who, who's on the old earth and who on the new etc., but that was to be expected.

Overall, i liked the more linear story more than the episodic format of the first season, but both work. Wouldn't mind a third season either way.

Aug 29, 2016 4:48 PM

Hmmm i went into this second season hearing that it was garbage because of how hei become and the ending of it, i loved everything even how hei is t'ill this ending, this shit make no damn sense, anyway aside from the ending i loved it so 8/10
"All men are jealous and stupid, and all women are stupid to be happy about it, idiots are everywhere you look!"

Holo-Spice And Wolf

Aug 31, 2016 8:24 AM

I watched the YinxHei prequel befor this, so I was hoping for more.
The first half of the anime was very good, but I suspected the pacing would be shit in the second half and yes, it was. wait a way to ruin this franchise.
Making me wait for the Hei and Yin moment for 12 damn episodes and then this is all I got. And 7 years later there is still no sequel. Im filled with hatred right now.

7/10 for this season.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.

Sep 5, 2016 2:40 AM

This series still be a mysterious for everyone no one know what happened ...
I'm really disappointed by the ending and who the fuck was that boy/ girl who looked like Yin didn't hei killed him and we didn't know who was the syndicate leader untill the end it was that old man who lived in the small house( つ•̀ω•́)つ

Sep 6, 2016 1:04 PM

lets all just imagine this never existed.. and wait for a Reboot.. season 2..

.-. am sure one will be created.. in another 20years...................................................................................................................

Oct 2, 2016 5:55 AM

Watched an anime after few months, season 1 was great but this season was pretty lonesome and messed up ending. But I had a feeling that ending won't be good. Haven't seen any anime like this one with a reasonable ending.

Feb 8, 2017 8:03 AM

I enjoyed this season much more than S1 and I'm so happy with the way it ended. I wasn't expecting it to be so bittersweet but I have no complaints, it's the happiest this ending could be without feeling cheap. Hei saving Yin and July waving to Suou is enough for me.

Feb 15, 2017 1:29 PM
なのだ

Ending was far from satisfying or clear, but there are 2 major things that people talk a lot about while they seem rather obvious to me:

- Hei didn't kill Yin. If he did, there wouldn't be "male Yin" scene or that huge green pillar in scene right after that. Izanami also promised to grant Yin's wish, and considering Izanagi granted Shion's, he/she did too. Not to mention scene where Hei uses his power on her - I'm not sure what he did, but if he wanted to kill her, he'd do it normally and not fry her (too much light). Possibly something to do with getting her body and soul back together with that special power of his?
- Suou will be happy. It's 2nd world, not "fake". Considering even her family is there, I'm pretty sure Hei didn't lie when he told her they will be together: there has to be 2nd Hei in that world too and I don't see any reason why they wouldn't meet (destiny and all that fluffy stuff).

I think it's also possible that Hei and Yin ended up in the new world too. Kirihara says that she never heard about him again + in the scene where he carries Yin there is a lot of stars in the sky.

Overall I don't understand why people hate his season so much. It was weaker than 1st one but it wasn't bad overall. I think the only major problem is non-conclusive ending, considering there is no sequel. And I guess Suou's weapon summoning scenes were annoying. They should've skipped them after first time.
Modified by Yukikaze_sama, Feb 15, 2017 1:38 PM

Feb 17, 2017 9:04 PM

Overall it was pretty entertaining series(Man, all those stupid reviews are really stupid for real), but was not satisfied with ending outcome of Hei's disappearance.
We need more of Hei's action! Forget about season 3, I demand a remake!

Score: 8/10
Modified by SkyDrop, Feb 17, 2017 9:07 PM

Feb 20, 2017 6:54 PM

That moment when they say they will explain everything, but they never do...

Jul 19, 2017 7:31 PM

Wow, that was... just... terrible T^T Worst of all, most of this feels pointless after the first season, and even more pointless when you know that there's still no sequel or anything, that'd explain some of the things that happened.

I know that exposition isn't always the best option to include in your storytelling, but in this case I'm convinced I'd have tons more fun knowing a bit more of what's going on or where the plot is headed in general. Gosh!
There was barely any real action, Hei talked/showed up so rarely he might as well be in the supporting cast, the rest of the characters were often acting unbelievably stupid, for supposedly the most rational beings... At the very least I wasn't fan of the first season, so it wasn't such a huge disappointment this time, I guess?

Oh, and opening was awesome again, so that's something.

5.5/10

Sep 23, 2017 8:34 PM

Hmm dunno about that ending... So that kid that popped up from the coffin is the outcome of the prophesied meeting. Wonder if we'll ever get a season to end it all.

Oct 23, 2017 1:20 PM
Just rewatched and there is so much going on that never got answered. We totally deserve a movie. Open ends are fine but this open... There are quite a few hooks in there for a new season that they obviously never got around to pick up on.

Nov 12, 2017 2:30 AM

Not again.. After first season's ending i've messed up about the plot, but again? What was the second world thing in the end? Is it about the second moon and memories of all humanhood? I think Hei's powers came back to him but how? Probably it's relevant with Yin's powers. And what did happen to Yin exactly? Who was that boy(?)in that coffin?
Ahhhh... I love this anime (and Hei of course ^-^) but they have always make open-endings.. After some time i think i should rewatch all again..

Dec 2, 2017 11:42 AM
Ok that end didn't make any sense to me.

Who or what was Isanagi? I mean Isanami was Yin - that was relatively clear but who was that second name. I expected it to be Shion the whole time but he just died after meeting Isanagi.

Who was that blonde woman with the two dolls? Was all her stuff meant to be some technology from the future brought by Ember or what was that supposed to be? And she didn't even explain anything at the end >:(

Why was Suou suddenly reborn and only her and July in that "world". I mean it was a funny reference to see the black guy and old woman from the first season in the apartment in which Hei lived but what was that?

I just feel like this ending was even more unsatisfying than the one for the first season. At least I understood what was going on mostly. The only real negative was that Hei and Misaki couldn't stay together :P and, well, that was the same this time around >.> but to make it even worse there was so much that didn't make any sense.

Like why was the magician alive again? Wasn't his head smashed by the golem-guy? I suppose they just wanted to show that July had changed, like Yin in the first season but that could have been done better.

And who was that other guy with the scar across his eye that appeared like two or three times to give orders but didn't really do anything. The db says his name was John Smith. Did he have any relevance at all?

Fuck, this ending was so unsatisfying. I feel like in the first season the bigger picture was a lot more complete than this. Like at the end everything that was going on was happening for a reason. This time it was just like Hei not following orders (again... just from a different boss I suppose) and then running around with a girl after which he just happened to save the world but not because that was his goal. And while he didn't necessarily want to save anything in the first season either there was still a reason for him to end up saving the gate.
Modified by Nanashi, Dec 2, 2017 11:54 AM

Dec 12, 2017 3:30 PM
Nanashi said:
Ok that end didn't make any sense to me.

Who or what was Isanagi? I mean Isanami was Yin - that was relatively clear but who was that second name. I expected it to be Shion the whole time but he just died after meeting Isanagi.

Who was that blonde woman with the two dolls? Was all her stuff meant to be some technology from the future brought by Ember or what was that supposed to be? And she didn't even explain anything at the end >:(

Why was Suou suddenly reborn and only her and July in that "world". I mean it was a funny reference to see the black guy and old woman from the first season in the apartment in which Hei lived but what was that?

I just feel like this ending was even more unsatisfying than the one for the first season. At least I understood what was going on mostly. The only real negative was that Hei and Misaki couldn't stay together :P and, well, that was the same this time around >.> but to make it even worse there was so much that didn't make any sense.

Like why was the magician alive again? Wasn't his head smashed by the golem-guy? I suppose they just wanted to show that July had changed, like Yin in the first season but that could have been done better.

And who was that other guy with the scar across his eye that appeared like two or three times to give orders but didn't really do anything. The db says his name was John Smith. Did he have any relevance at all?

Fuck, this ending was so unsatisfying. I feel like in the first season the bigger picture was a lot more complete than this. Like at the end everything that was going on was happening for a reason. This time it was just like Hei not following orders (again... just from a different boss I suppose) and then running around with a girl after which he just happened to save the world but not because that was his goal. And while he didn't necessarily want to save anything in the first season either there was still a reason for him to end up saving the gate.

1: Isanagi is a spirit. Some say it is the gate in human form. It conbined with Yin at the end of season 1 (It is explained in the second OVA of Gaiden. Its purpose its to gather "samples".

2. The blonde woman is Madame Oreille, an intelligence agent taht has read the Mikata Documents, thus knows what is going to happen.

3. The second world was created by Shion to give Suou a peaceful life. Everyones memories were copied by a set of dolls and uploaded to a computer, then Shion made an exact copy of the earth but without the contractor conflict. Suou was not reborn, it is a clone, just like the first one. July's wish was to be with Suou, he got the wish granted by Isanagi (The Gate) so he got to live in the second world with Suou.

4. Just like its stated in the series like a thousand times, the Gate grants people their wish. Just as it granted July's wish it also granted Yin's wish which was to be with Hei (As stated in 4th episode of Gaiden). The deal was that Yin whould let Isanagi awaken when Hei got to her, and at the same time Yin's wish to be with Hei whould get granted.

When Hei got to Yin, he split Izanagi and Yin, making her spirit go back to her body and leaving Izanagi in the coffin.

5. John Smith and his company get their souls eaten by the spirit (Izanagi: The kid) at the end.

6. This season Hei's purpose was to get to Yin. The initial plan was to kill her (and Izanagi) to stop the destruction of the world, but he chose to split the 2 spirits. Which also brings the end of the world, because of the kid that eats sould of the contractors at the end. Hei did not save the world at the end.

7. Some things are left unanswered, as seen in the cliffhanger, but it was in order to continue the story, and as you know, there was never a season 3 (probably because of economical reasons). The anime was left unfinished.

I haven't explained everything, but if you pay close attention you can figure 90% of what happened. It is of course intended that some things that the characters talk about in the anime are not shown to the audience and are just briefly explained.

Mar 14, 2018 12:53 AM
the whole plot is the mess. solid season 1 and ovas but crappy season 2
what actually is a signature?

May 24, 2018 12:03 AM
I feel like both seasons were amazing until the last episode when it gets to be confusing, like wtf. Season 2 especially just ends with alot of vague anwsers and weird summaries of the characters. Overall it was good just leaves me completely befuddled.

Feb 25, 8:44 PM

In all honesty, I'm disappointed. The ending was incredulously rushed, and there were just so many unclear points which makes me feel like disregarding this season wouldn't necessarily be a bad choice.

Jun 20, 8:40 AM

NyaFluffles said:
I do not understand why people are getting upset over this ending. The OVA's make it very clear and fill in some plot points to make it perfectly understandable and the fact people are getting upset because there wasn't fan service upsets me considering this was a great anime because there was little to no fan service. If your confused, re-wartch the anime and ova's. The ending was great in my opinion.

ppl are upset cause it ends with cliffhanger

ovas only explain event between s1 and s2 not whats after s2 after this cliffhanger who is this new being what will happen next wher is hei and yin what came from them

i guess u love incomplete storys that ended with cliffhanger
Snappynator said:
NekoOtaku1300 said:
I do not understand why people are getting upset over this ending. The OVA's make it very clear and fill in some plot points to make it perfectly understandable and the fact people are getting upset because there wasn't fan service upsets me considering this was a great anime because there was little to no fan service. If your confused, re-wartch the anime and ova's. The ending was great in my opinion.

People are upset there is no service? That's rather disappointing, fanservice VERY rarely is any good to begin with.

@OT
The hell was this ending? It was rather confusing and felt rushed imo. Did Hei kill Yin or did she survive? How is that Magician dude still alive? What happened with Suou? I wish this season had 24-ish episodes to make everything more clear and develop the storyline a bit more. Also would have been nice to have more Yin/Hei relationship development like in the OVAs and 1st season but oh well. A shame there won't be a 3rd season, I would really love to see even just an OVA to wrap everything up. I was hoping for Yin and Hei to end up together once again too :/

7/10

this

+1

Jul 2, 12:48 AM
I've never had such mixed feeling about a wtf ending like I like how she "alive" and July is too but wtf another world like for real

Pages (13) « First ... « 11 12 [13]