Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion


Dec 26, 2009 9:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 95
Desire said:
Pop a couple of Rupies and this makes sense.
Great series but lacked the spark that made S1 sparkle.
7/10
i agree ....
 
Dec 26, 2009 9:12 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 16
Season 2. Possibly the most disappointing thing I've ever seen in a second season. Would've been 8 out of 10 on my list, but the thing just killed it. 6 out of 10.

Fight scenes. I had a lot of hype up to em, but they never happened.

Plot twists are plot holes. The first season was hardly any better.

Harem. Hei is a lolicon or something. I can never imagine him as a romantic.
 
Dec 26, 2009 9:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 268
What. The. Heck?

Season 3. NOW.

 
Dec 26, 2009 10:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3012
Well, well, well, I can't say I'm entirely surprised by this WTF ending. Season 1 did it to us all and even though I had hoped Season 2 would clear it up, it didn't. xD Great season. The series as a whole is great. I'll give it a 9/10, but I still feel like season 1 was better. The addition of Suou and the rest were nice for season 2, but I felt like they just added more unsolved issues rather than trying to clear up the question that is Darker than BLACK. *sigh*
 
Dec 26, 2009 10:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 608
MajorAddiction said:
anyway, I wish I had a meteor core to destroy my memories of this season.


hahaha. perfect.
 
Dec 26, 2009 11:37 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 142
WTF all around. ^_^ If it wasn't for the fact that they're leading the viewer into a potential 3rd season (or so I hope) I'd just write it off as a major deus ex machina moment. Crazy crazy but overall I still enjoyed it even with the ending being so weird.
 
Dec 26, 2009 11:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 1674
What the FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU?!??!!

What the hell did they do to my Suou!?!?!
I don't get it! What just happened D:

Now i'm mad cause even if they DO have a third season, Suou will probably not be in it =_=###

flame_tiong said:
lol wtf with this ending, although it makes senses but still... wtf...


How exactly does this make sense!?!?!
Modified by magentaanbu, Dec 26, 2009 11:45 PM


 
Dec 27, 2009 12:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 75
WTF
They raped it.
 
Dec 27, 2009 12:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2030
Hvesier said:
If you made this pic..i swear you are just awesome..XD XD

BystanderLC said:
Harem. Hei is a lolicon or something. I can never imagine him as a romantic.
Ofcourse you cant because hes a contractor and because hes Hei.

I was really waiting to see Hei and Genma have like a last crazy fight but ..hmm..but i guess Bones just enjoys bullying Yin more.
 
Dec 27, 2009 12:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1131
My mind is breaking because I don't even know how to begin rating this >_>

I went into DtB2 hoping to have some of S1's loose ends tied up while getting to see some awesome Hei action at the same time. However, S2 didn't really deliver in that aspect, but instead just opened up even more questions and unresolved plot threads. It's like that feeling at the end of the LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring film - the "I sat here for three hours only to get an effing cliffhanger?!" thought...except, DtB2 was even more frustrating in that 1) I already knew LOTR was going to continue for at least two more films and 2) I had the expectation that DtB2 would have a stronger resolution than the first finale.

Anyway, on its own, I have to give Bones points for being creative with this plot. However, I have to agree that the pacing was way off - slow at some points, including the first few episodes and then they thought it would be nice to pack in tons of important events and plot information into a small time frame. Still, looking at the plot as a whole, it had a lot of good ideas in it. There's a high chance that I'll be re-watching this season because I feel like I'm forgetting tons of details that were mentioned in earlier episodes.

In the end, though, I felt this season was weaker than DtB1 for its weird pacing, persistent plot holes (both left over from season 1, as well as newer ones from this season), and Bones' tendency to be super mysterious about things that don't have to be all that mysterious (for example, all the different organizations that came in and out from nowhere and with no explanation as to what their goals were until much later). Added to that, I felt almost no attachment to the new characters >.>

So...as of now, I'm rating DtB2 as 7/10, but will rethink that once I re-watch it =/
 
Dec 27, 2009 12:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 11
At least season 1 made a bit of sense at the end, you could piece together what happened. S2 is quite a bit harder, and it left questions without any feeling of resolution. What happened to Hei and Yin, was the male doll with purple eyes a clone of Yin in the old world? Uguu.

Maybe if they were more efficient with their time and had another 12 eps it could have been...
 
Dec 27, 2009 12:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 3709
Great episode. I feel a little sad though. Misaki spent the WHOLE season trying to find Hei, but they never had a proper conversation. The few times they met, they fought =/
 
Dec 27, 2009 12:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 134
well its 10/10 for me.. i really like the ending also the mind blowing stuff, stories line are also improved and no more filler episodes.

there's still many question regarding on what really happened, from what i understand Shion really did create a copy of Earth based on memories in ME Network with the help of Dr. Pavlichenko, Goran and Yin. I don't really know what the deal really was but i think it was to transfer Suou and July memories to the virtual earth they created. and yes Hei is alive the proof is BK-201 is still glowing, 2nd based on the last part hei and yin.

Sorry for my bad english
 
Dec 27, 2009 1:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 664
This episode is 3/5 for me and whole season 9/10.
Prequel of this is one of my 3 fav anime series. So - yes - I had huge expectations and I ought to say, they are mostly fulfilled. This ep is somewhat 'WTF?!' and I truly wished for more eps, but these are not main reasons for 9/10. Prime reason for it are: not enough Hei and too less contractors. However I enjoyed myself while watching this, so I won't say too many bad words in its direction.


 
Dec 27, 2009 1:30 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1
I don't get why so many people are going WTF about this last episode.

Btw, if you guys are complaining that there are too many holes in the plot, don't watch DTB, because it's suppose to have this many plot holes.
Things that make sense, DO NOT make sense in DTB. Why? Simply, because it's Darker Than Black.

The thing that makes DTB unique from all others, and the thing that keeps you watching for more, is that it leaves you to think about what already happened or what's going to happen. YOU fill in the missing pieces, instead of the script writer. If you want a good storyline, better off watching another anime. If you want some "dark" mystery, action, and some really cool, weird, out-of-the-world twists, DTB is for you. You choose.

Besides, it's not really that hard to understand if you watched all 12 episodes.
Also, if you have a question, be sure read the discussion thread over and look at the replies. I'm sure some people have asked the same questions as you may have.

Top 'WTF's probably are:
-2 Yin's
-August 7 (Magician) being alive
-The moon AKA New Earth, or Earth 2.0
-Hei

So: Along with some of my own thoughts and the previous answers throughout this thread (Yes, I have read through every single post beginning from page 1) I'll try to give my impression of the final plot.

- I think the 2 Yin's are as someone stated before, one Yin (Izanami) and the other, a clone made by Shion (Izanagi).

Shion made a deal with Yin, along with Madame Oreille the information specialist, for a plan that involves creating a copy of a "new" earth, where contractors and gates don't exist.
To do this, Shion made copies of himself inside the building where Dr. Pavlichenko housed the super computer, and with the information/memories of all the people in the world, Shion created a New Earth.
There were some requirements that needed to be fullfilled in order to make this happen: 1) Madame Oreille's twin dolls controled and ruled over the doll network, so the memories of the world probably was obtained this way. 2) Dr. Pavlichenko (Suou/Shion's father) was working on the ME, Memory Extractor, so he had access to everyone's memory in the system. 3) Shion's contractor power was to copy things, so he copied everything and everyone into the new world. 4) Yin's power somehow made the final act and started all this transformation. Part of Yin's deal was also to take Suou (and July) to the new Earth. Again, I am guessing here, and I think that all the contractors that Yin killed before, are sent to the new Earth, minus their contractor powers/restrictions to lead normal lives, as indicated by the flying souls around Yin.

I also agree with what someone said earlier in this thread, as a response to the 2 Yins, and the last one seen at the very end of the episode (inside the coffin): Shion's part of the bargain was probably to create a copy of Yin, so that she would still be alive for the next season after Hei killed her.

Now, for the magician: it's either 1) August was never killed by Hei or the Genma (final blow), because there was no scene where his star fell
2) July was probably in a 'wishing state', meaning inside the gate he would get what he wished for, which is being with Suou, and lose something, which is being part of the mission/M16 team along with August 8 the Magician, so it was actually just a sort of 'dream' when July was thinking about Suou.

Hei killed Yin finally, to trigger the New Earth transformation. My thoughts are that the Izanagi/Izanami prophecies had nothing to do with the New Earth. The New Earth thing was probably just a deal Yin and Shion made, and the AFTERMATH of the current Darkerthanblack Earth was probably what the prophecy was about.
Izanagi/Izanami meeting = the 'yin' inside the coffin, who sucks up people's soul, I think?

So to top it off, Hei is on the old Earth along with Misaki, Mao, and basically everyone who's alive from Season 1 + 2, minus Suou and July. On NEW Earth, the contractor business never occured.

Oh yeah, and the flying car w/ Madame Oreille was kind of weird.. but then again she was wearing a spacesuit and had a special laser gun that zapped contractors dead in some kind of energy bubble back in Episode 11..

Now, as for Hei's power.. I think they returned, since you can see his star shining brightly again. Previously, when he lost his powers, instead of a falling star indicating a contracter's death, it dimmed out, and now his star is bright.
No idea how he got his powers back, maybe Yin did some magic? Or maybe Yin put Suou's powers back into Hei, because if you recall back at the start of Episode 3, Hei got zapped by the energy bubble and lost his contractor powers by Section 3, and all the power accidently went into Suou's Meteor fragment, and so Suou probably held that contractor powers.

*Again, this is just speculation and will either be verified or proved wrong, hopefully, when the OVA's are aired.*

Anyways, looking forward to Season 3!
 
Dec 27, 2009 1:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 145
i did not understand at all, the ending, it was another eva for me.

So, basically,

1) Shion sacrifices his life to send Suou and July to another "twin" planet so they can be happy
2) Hei kills Yin?
3) Some random doll, who looks like a guy version of Yin appears?
4) Who is the Syndicate?
5) Hei walks off into space...
6) Hells gate is still there?

what? Major confusion.....major
Need a new sig
 
Dec 27, 2009 1:55 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2
do we have to wait for another 2years for the next season? oh geez
 
Dec 27, 2009 1:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 341
wtf happened!!!! >:
...
...
...
this end great i suppose ^^!
hei x yin = ?
hei x suou = fail!
hei kirihara = 3rd season/ova

x0utmyheart said:


um WTF? is that yin or what???
I thought she was with hei???
ughhh


is he revive from the 'new gate'?
i'm sure i heard those twin doll said it -_-
new gate+new syndicate+new season...

10/10!!!
 
Dec 27, 2009 2:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 134
Plot said:
I don't get why so many people are going WTF about this last episode.

Btw, if you guys are complaining that there are too many holes in the plot, don't watch DTB, because it's suppose to have this many plot holes.
Things that make sense, DO NOT make sense in DTB. Why? Simply, because it's Darker Than Black.

The thing that makes DTB unique from all others, and the thing that keeps you watching for more, is that it leaves you to think about what already happened or what's going to happen. YOU fill in the missing pieces, instead of the script writer. If you want a good storyline, better off watching another anime. If you want some "dark" mystery, action, and some really cool, weird, out-of-the-world twists, DTB is for you. You choose.

Besides, it's not really that hard to understand if you watched all 12 episodes.
Also, if you have a question, be sure read the discussion thread over and look at the replies. I'm sure some people have asked the same questions as you may have.

Top 'WTF's probably are:
-2 Yin's
-August 7 (Magician) being alive
-The moon AKA New Earth, or Earth 2.0
-Hei

So: Along with some of my own thoughts and the previous answers throughout this thread (Yes, I have read through every single post beginning from page 1) I'll try to give my impression of the final plot.

- I think the 2 Yin's are as someone stated before, one Yin (Izanami) and the other, a clone made by Shion (Izanagi).

Shion made a deal with Yin, along with Madame Oreille the information specialist, for a plan that involves creating a copy of a "new" earth, where contractors and gates don't exist.
To do this, Shion made copies of himself inside the building where Dr. Pavlichenko housed the super computer, and with the information/memories of all the people in the world, Shion created a New Earth.
There were some requirements that needed to be fullfilled in order to make this happen: 1) Madame Oreille's twin dolls controled and ruled over the doll network, so the memories of the world probably was obtained this way. 2) Dr. Pavlichenko (Suou/Shion's father) was working on the ME, Memory Extractor, so he had access to everyone's memory in the system. 3) Shion's contractor power was to copy things, so he copied everything and everyone into the new world. 4) Yin's power somehow made the final act and started all this transformation. Part of Yin's deal was also to take Suou (and July) to the new Earth. Again, I am guessing here, and I think that all the contractors that Yin killed before, are sent to the new Earth, minus their contractor powers/restrictions to lead normal lives, as indicated by the flying souls around Yin.

I also agree with what someone said earlier in this thread, as a response to the 2 Yins, and the last one seen at the very end of the episode (inside the coffin): Shion's part of the bargain was probably to create a copy of Yin, so that she would still be alive for the next season after Hei killed her.

Now, for the magician: it's either 1) August was never killed by Hei or the Genma (final blow), because there was no scene where his star fell
2) July was probably in a 'wishing state', meaning inside the gate he would get what he wished for, which is being with Suou, and lose something, which is being part of the mission/M16 team along with August 8 the Magician, so it was actually just a sort of 'dream' when July was thinking about Suou.

Hei killed Yin finally, to trigger the New Earth transformation. My thoughts are that the Izanagi/Izanami prophecies had nothing to do with the New Earth. The New Earth thing was probably just a deal Yin and Shion made, and the AFTERMATH of the current Darkerthanblack Earth was probably what the prophecy was about.
Izanagi/Izanami meeting = the 'yin' inside the coffin, who sucks up people's soul, I think?

So to top it off, Hei is on the old Earth along with Misaki, Mao, and basically everyone who's alive from Season 1 + 2, minus Suou and July. On NEW Earth, the contractor business never occured.

Oh yeah, and the flying car w/ Madame Oreille was kind of weird.. but then again she was wearing a spacesuit and had a special laser gun that zapped contractors dead in some kind of energy bubble back in Episode 11..

Now, as for Hei's power.. I think they returned, since you can see his star shining brightly again. Previously, when he lost his powers, instead of a falling star indicating a contracter's death, it dimmed out, and now his star is bright.
No idea how he got his powers back, maybe Yin did some magic? Or maybe Yin put Suou's powers back into Hei, because if you recall back at the start of Episode 3, Hei got zapped by the energy bubble and lost his contractor powers by Section 3, and all the power accidently went into Suou's Meteor fragment, and so Suou probably held that contractor powers.

*Again, this is just speculation and will either be verified or proved wrong, hopefully, when the OVA's are aired.*

Anyways, looking forward to Season 3!

@plot
exceptionally explained hope you guys understand it as well, we have the same thought about deal was about and yeah i've registered here because of this topic.. it really intrigues me
 
Dec 27, 2009 2:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 3363
srsly wtf episode
the part where i was most confused was when yin (?) woke up at the end of the ep and killed those american guys
and im wondering who is on the real earth and who on copied one
and where is hei.....>_>
and wow they've got flying cars now...awesome^^
trying to explain shions abilities in 2 episodes wasnt enough i guess^^
 
Dec 27, 2009 3:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 341
Frequencity said:
Honestly, I am shocked/disappointed by the amount of people spamming this "wtf ending lol" or "this season sucked" nonsense.

Just because you aren't intelligent/clever enough to comprehend the plot of the series doesn't in turn make Season 2 bad. Not all can be known and there are areas where one can only speculate, but if you payed attention throughout all 12 episodes you would have known most all of the things mentioned in the great explanation above. Is it really so rare to use your brain while watching anime?

I have no idea why people prefer the first season's ending and story as this season had a similar ending where not everything is revealed directly. THAT'S WHY I LIKE BOTH SEASONS, BECAUSE THEY DON'T JUST WRAP EVERYTHING UP FOR YOU IN A NEAT LITTLE EXPLANATION PACKAGE. If you dislike the "lack of action" in this series, then DtB isn't really for you. It isn't solely a mindless action show; S1 and S2 contain elements of mystery, love, science fiction and politics. If you're looking for some hack and slash shounen fighting series, then just go back to your kiddie shit and let people that understand and think about what they are watching enjoy Darker than Black.



too harsh there mate...
^^ but nicely done!

Xinchou said:
This season is overrated...


really??? :O
 
Dec 27, 2009 3:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 101
Plot said:
blablabla


Thanks for explaining the whole thing, everyone should read this post as it makes a lot of sense.
Also, I liked this season but I still prefer season one because there's more Hei with powers action.
 
Dec 27, 2009 4:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 134
@Frequencity
cleverly done, I want to hear more intelligent opinion regarding this anime.
 
Dec 27, 2009 5:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 2288
Okay, from what I gather

Hei's abilities as a contractor were transferred to Suou via her meteor fragment after he lost them, consequently Suou became a contractor who retained her emotions (a trait that was unique to Hei). After the destruction of the meteor fragment Suou lost her abilities as a contractor and they returned to Hei.

Now I'll have to give the last episode another watch .. or maybe marathon the series after the OVAs are released: But I think Its likely that Suou made a second earth or maybe If you think about it this way .. maybe the other earth was the original earth and the world in which contractors exist was created by Shion a long time ago ..since he's seemingly the first ever contractor =s gaah confusing .. yep definitely needs a rewatch

Mao Hei and a clone of Yin remain on the same planet whilst all the dead contractors are transported to the original earth (thats whay I'm calling it) November 11 is probably alive along with everyone else. Hei will probably take on the mission of transporting everyone else there or something I DUNNO! *rips hair out*
 
Dec 27, 2009 5:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 876
Linalee-Stratos said:
Hvesier said:
If you made this pic..i swear you are just awesome..XD XD


Just on the pic, it's probably something cliched like Yin's body dressed up for a funeral and suddenly waking up.
LEGENDOFTHEGALACTICHEROESLEGENDOFTHEGALACTI
LEGENDOFTHEGALACTICHEROESLEGENDOFTHEGALACTI
LEGENDOFTHEGALACTICHEROESLEGENDOFTHEGALACTI
 
Dec 27, 2009 5:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 1151
Didn't the prophecy mentioned something about Izanami & Izanagi meeting resulting in a pregnancy that will destroy the world OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.
Maybe that's Yin's kid from that prophecy XD; (ok I admit that I haven't paid so much attention and can't remember exactly what it said!
 
Dec 27, 2009 5:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4910
Aeiou said:
Linalee-Stratos said:
Hvesier said:
If you made this pic..i swear you are just awesome..XD XD
Just on the pic, it's probably something cliched like Yin's body dressed up for a funeral and suddenly waking up.
Oh lol, didin't notice this one before, awesome, just awesome xD
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
 
Dec 27, 2009 7:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 3647
myth720 said:
Didn't the prophecy mentioned something about Izanami & Izanagi meeting resulting in a pregnancy that will destroy the world OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.
Maybe that's Yin's kid from that prophecy XD; (ok I admit that I haven't paid so much attention and can't remember exactly what it said!
Now that makes sense. Destroy the world and have a life in the other one. I guess there is no hope for the Gates.....but to destroy the world they are on and move all life to the other planet.
Oosran said:
Aeiou said:
Linalee-Stratos said:
Hvesier said:
If you made this pic..i swear you are just awesome..XD XD
Just on the pic, it's probably something cliched like Yin's body dressed up for a funeral and suddenly waking up.
Oh lol, didin't notice this one before, awesome, just awesome xD
I noticed the Bones study must have been laughing at how our mind is screwed up because of the end. You know what, good thing there are great people on MAL who are smarter than them to have figured out their little plan.....

In spoiler my anime list for now.
 
Dec 27, 2009 8:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 327
Golgo 13 saves the day
 
Dec 27, 2009 8:56 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 354
Frequencity said:


This. You actually had to think about it after the credits rolled in to piece the pieces together. My only complaint is the overall rushed feeling the series gives, and some of the futuristic setting.
Modified by Malestel, Dec 27, 2009 10:10 AM
 
Dec 27, 2009 10:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 99


Hmm. God how I love DtB and god, how I was holding myself not to write anything through series. But thankfully, someone already explained what was to explain.
Just few things to add: sure it isn't h&s shounen, but it's actually true, when it comes to fights, season first is far more superior. It doesn't make it better, but certainly more.. balanced than this one in overall. We had, like, a few encounters here at the cost of what: Norio arc? "Welcome back detective duo" arc? I mean, come on, for a short 12 eps they could've screw fillers.
And personally I say big freakin' NO to flying cars, especially when it comes to my DtB :P
Although my thoughts in overall are with Frequencity quoted above, this anime seriously is special and imo that's why ppl goes wtf now. If almost everytime people see simple story with simple, nicely packadged endings, no wonder their minds blow up now :)

PS.
Modified by Niklai, Dec 27, 2009 10:18 AM
 
Dec 27, 2009 10:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 78
I demand a 3rd season não! Σ( ̄ω ̄;)




(*^ー゚)b ( ̄∇ ̄*)♪
 
Dec 27, 2009 11:43 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 432
Just as the series started answering questions and tying up loose ends it creates more leaving me with a feeling of agony not knowing the answer to them and not knowing if there will ever be a third season to answer them.
 
Dec 27, 2009 12:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 32
Disappointed with the last episodes, halfway in it definitely felt like this season had great potential.
Enjoyed the whole Hei training Suou etc. the most I think.
Not sure if I felt all that interested with the main story at all now that I think about it, perhaps if they had given it a slower pace it would have felt more captivating.
 
Dec 27, 2009 12:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 3647
jackslade said:
Golgo 13 saves the day
Nice one! Sure looks similar between that Golgo person and Kobayashi...

In spoiler my anime list for now.
 
Dec 27, 2009 12:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1301
The problem does not reside in understanding or not the ending. Hell EoE was far more mindfucking than this and people still found some logic explanation to it. The problem is, like someone else said, Bones using a deus ex machina. It's like "hey it's a sci-fi show so let's do whatever the fuck we want".

And this is what makes it look like any other Japanese anime which tries to do something deep but ends up failing in the execution. And the redundancy stands out even more when they try to take on themes from other shows that didn't fail in the direction department. Okay so it's cool that Shion can create copies, but copies without memories (which makes our "ghosts" what they are) are just like empty shells. Don't need to explain where that came from... Darker than Black 1 was quite original, probably because the script is by John Burgmeier who also worked on things like Baccano and Beck, 2 shows which stood out in the mass of cliched animes. Darker than Black 2 is like a mix of GitS and Evangelion, without the deepness of either of the 2.

The pacing was quite horrible. It starts out like a shounen, mid-season nothing is happening, and at the end they throw in everything concerning the plot, but even then they still have time for some (unfunny) comedy relief. -_-

The new characters aren't that significant. Especially Sailor Moon who's only purpose was for them to throw in a plot twist (which wasn't all that exciting) and introduce Shion's awesome cloning ability. Yeah... Kind of feels like an artificial character (literally and metaphorically I guess). But at least we get to see more July's character development thanks to her but even that felt artificial and forced. (Unlike Yin's in the first season)

Anyway, here if you don't give a show more than 8, you're either a retarded or a troll. I'll take the troll tag please.
 
Dec 27, 2009 1:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 2014
Well, alright. I knew from the start I probably wouldn't really understand completely what was going on, but I tried my best and at least have an idea. I just watched and when I didn't understand half of what I was reading I just nodded and agreed. Reading other people's posts helped though.

Whatever Yin looked awesome in that outfit and I love her.
Hei is still cool, glad his powers are back. Misaki looked hot.
JULY YOU CUTE LITTLE PIE, you deserve someone better than Suou.
And Suou was alright, she wasn't anything special. I didn't care for her.

8/10 <3
Can't wait for the OVA's!

 
Dec 27, 2009 1:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4367
 
Dec 27, 2009 2:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 731
@alexstratz: The plot was there from the beginning. I personally think everything was built up quite nicely, but things may have felt rushed due to the fact that it's only a 12 episode series.

The idea that bones simply just wasted episodes and then threw everything at you near the end of the series (saying it is a cop out ending for a badly written and paced show) I think is a prime example of over simplification and ego preservation. They drop subtle hints and clues throughout the series and leave it up to the viewer to piece together the puzzle; some people like that, some don't.

Don't get me wrong, this series would have benefited greatly from a longer season and a more balanced fight/plot/coming of age ratio (as Niklai said before), but I will still stand my ground in stating that the series was a success overall.

You can like whatever you like, and everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but I think hating on a show and reducing it to something that is easy to write off is a sign of immaturity and evidence that you didn't pay enough attention during all the episodes.


 
Dec 27, 2009 2:42 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 6
Who is that male version of Yin in the coffin at the end? What I'm thinking is that the male version is Izanami's child and the result of Izanami's and Izanagi's meeting. Cause didn't one of the episodes mention that when the moon rises Izanami's pregnancy is beginning or ending or something like that?

Overall, this series was really good. It's different by being dark and angsty, it was unpredictable, and it wasn't all happy happy land with a happy happy ending.
 
Dec 27, 2009 2:47 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 225
Wow I was really disappointed in the ending. Seemed to end really fast without full explanation. Could just be me though.
 
Dec 27, 2009 2:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 5115
so shion made an alternative earth for suou, hei is gone with yin, somehow, and golem guy turns out to be a traitor
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
 
Dec 27, 2009 3:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 77
For me it was a bad end, 'cause i wanted Shion to be with Suou (don't get it wrong, haha) .
 
Dec 27, 2009 3:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 87
.______.

Hardly does a sequel ever beat the original. This is no exception.

If they had used their time better, perhaps this show would not have felt as crummy as it did.

OVA, and season 3 better set the standard once more, because DtB2 fell far off that ladder.
 
Dec 27, 2009 3:44 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 88
don't get me wrong... I ain't a loli advocate...

but I really really did want to see a Hei X Suou ending for some reason...

:-(
 
Dec 27, 2009 4:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 99
Come on, what's wrong with you all love lover? This particular anime (like in first season) could do perfectly without any romance... and it did. Because, seriously, the thing with amber wasn't really romance, rather than 'tale about the past'. And god saw it was good.

Now we have the thing with Yin (vaugely hinted that there could be something year ago, 1st season ending, when all we knew was Hei running away with her) which gained colores as we saw in this season. Will it be good or bad, we'll see in ova, but I sincerly regret that they decided to change setting and bring romance up, while DtB can do fine without one.

As for one last thing: I dunno if everyone saw about 5min ova trailer (prolly not from what I can assume), but it clearly shows REALLY good news for those, who seek season 1st climate. Aaaand some good hei-style fight action. When I saw it few weeks back, I was really looking forward to it and so will you all, who miss DtB1. Regardless if you liked this season or not.
Modified by Niklai, Mar 3, 2010 9:54 AM
 
Dec 27, 2009 5:41 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 83
Malestel said:
Frequencity said:


This. You actually had to think about it after the credits rolled in to piece the pieces together. My only complaint is the overall rushed feeling the series gives, and some of the futuristic setting.


Yeah, I agree with both you and Frequencity. It did feel rushed to the end, and the futuristic technology seemed out of placed (I know the intention of it being there, and what it demonstrated, but it just felt weird watching it.)

A lot of people had trouble understanding the show, and between all the romance pairings and questions like "Who the hell is Amber" and people finally figuring out that Hei lost his powers only when it was specifically said in the series, I just didn't care to post in these discussions too much.

I understand the plot, but I wouldn't mind doing another rewatch of the show, to see if I can't find something a little more deeper. I suspect there's a bit more to it, but there probably isn't enough information to fully draw conclusions until the OVA, or perhaps another season.
fmiu
 
Dec 27, 2009 5:53 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 5
Frequencity said:
@alexstratz: The plot was there from the beginning. I personally think everything was built up quite nicely, but things may have felt rushed due to the fact that it's only a 12 episode series.

The idea that bones simply just wasted episodes and then threw everything at you near the end of the series (saying it is a cop out ending for a badly written and paced show) I think is a prime example of over simplification and ego preservation. They drop subtle hints and clues throughout the series and leave it up to the viewer to piece together the puzzle; some people like that, some don't.

Don't get me wrong, this series would have benefited greatly from a longer season and a more balanced fight/plot/coming of age ratio (as Niklai said before), but I will still stand my ground in stating that the series was a success overall.

You can like whatever you like, and everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but I think hating on a show and reducing it to something that is easy to write off is a sign of immaturity and evidence that you didn't pay enough attention during all the episodes.
Thank you for saying this. I was a bit annoyed by this episode at first. However, thinking more about it led me to think better of it. I'm a little put off by how many people seem to put down the show based on how confusing the last episode was. Seriously, we all need to get over this idea of being spoon-fed everything. I will, however, say that the execution of this last episode was not as great as it could have been.
 
Dec 27, 2009 8:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 392
somehow they managed to make S2's ending worse than S1 lawl. This season sucked. There was almost no action, Hei without his powers and not being awesome an awesome contractor running around and doing jobs=fail and boring character.

The season in general had no connection to anything that Season 1 left us with and just felt like filler...terrible, boring, pointless filler, chocked full of 1 dimensional characters and bad pacing and storytelling...all that coupled with another mega failure ending by bones just slaps an exclamation point on this atrocity.

5/10
Modified by DreamTheater2112, Dec 27, 2009 8:43 PM
 
Dec 27, 2009 9:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 1501
After reading this forum my brain basically just hurts, I really need to get to these conversations earlier. Basically this is my take on Season II.



Basically season two did exactly what I hoped it wouldn't. It created a new story arc and then attempted to rap up the original story in the last three episodes. To restate what so many other people have pointed out, it was rushed and or a fools attempt to cram the second series of DtB in 12 episodes. The end result was that now I also wish I could join the so many others that just want break their meteor fragment and forget this series ever happened. The lack of plot development was anything but short and sweet. It was short but forgot about concision and a well thought out, well paced script. This series is basically Terminator III. Something that should never have been created and was written by the wrong person in the interest of only making money. Best part of this series is that the Beginning song won me over around the third episode.

My Take

My own theory on what could be happening revolves around the idea of diverging dimensions or two universes colliding/merging. Maybe Shion's real power is not creating new mater, but transferring matter from other dimensions. What would happen if two parallel dimensions weren't actually parallel, and intersected at some point? Could this intersection begin with anomalies like Hells Gate/Heavens Gate, contractors, and the stars disappearing? Maybe this show is actually more like the Tsubasa/XxxHoliC/CCS series and or Noein series that revolves around alternate dimensions/universes. If we are going to stick to science to explain what is going on then it would foolish to believe that Shion could create matter unless of course he was a 9.

notedhero said:
Dumb.
Well I wouldn't go as far as to call it dumb, because it's actually pretty smart but just poorly executed.

On another note it was great to see another stupid magic girl transformation one last time and for Suō to turn out to be an utterly static character. I was expecting a lot more from her.

DtB II = 5/10 stand alone, 6/10 out of respect for the first series.
 
Top
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »