Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 24, 2009 8:53 AM

Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Big WTF ending.

Overall a great series and I'll also give it a 9/10. While I felt it was weaker than S1, It still kept me entertained every episode.

Now we'll just wait till January for those OVAs that are suppose to come out.
AmphetamineDec 24, 2009 10:08 AM
Dec 24, 2009 9:30 AM

Dec 2007
Agreed, wtf. ><
Going have to rewatch this episode at least once more...

It was still a great series, so it gets a 8/10 from me, but I liked the first season a lot more.
yakisobapanDec 28, 2009 1:32 AM
Dec 24, 2009 10:23 AM
Jun 2009
It's as if I just finished playing MGS2.

S3 better be a prequel.

TrisectionDec 24, 2009 11:35 AM
Dec 24, 2009 12:22 PM

Aug 2009
Fleri said:

Big WTF ending.

And I wonder what happened to the fight of the two pervs o.o
[right]

Dec 24, 2009 1:30 PM

Mar 2008
I thought I was watching the wrong series so I magnified the title, but it was the right one.
Dec 24, 2009 2:25 PM

Jun 2008
wait,wait,wait... I have just realised... did Yin (both of them x_X) say, that he can still kill her ?! And than Hei smiled ?! WTF ? did she give him, his powers back just to get killed by him ?! And the most important, did he kill her ?!
Dec 24, 2009 2:40 PM
Aug 2009

Hei's sure is the man, he even gets lesbians to like him, I wonder what Misaki Kirihara would of done if she had seen this!!
:D

I can't stop laughing..

I WANTED A HEI X SUOU ENDING

um WTF? is that yin or what???
I thought she was with hei???
ughhh

I say they should of showed us some fan service with Misaki Kirihara because I waited for that!!!

Does anyone know what happen after Hazuki killed Shizume????
Dec 24, 2009 4:51 PM

Feb 2009
Okay, what the fuck?
Dec 24, 2009 5:10 PM

Jul 2008
What the fuck... maybe I'll just pretend this season didn't exist. Or rewatch the entire thing after the OVAs come out. I just don't know anymore. Damn it Bones, why do you always do this to me?
adamantineDec 24, 2009 7:26 PM

BEGINNER
Dec 24, 2009 7:15 PM

Apr 2008
THIS NEVER EXISTED.
Dec 24, 2009 8:36 PM

Aug 2009
The ending seem to be wide open. There better have season 3.
Dec 24, 2009 9:34 PM

Oct 2009
Ok this makes no sense! At one point we see Shion, July and Suou dying and the next thing Suou is back with her father/mother happily attending school. So it'a like I though, Hazuki never kills Hei because he dodges her attacks. Yin in the coffin made me..."What have they done to Yin?" feel like here
. What's up with the magician coming back...illusion? One moment he is there and the other one he is gone?
So Yin can absorb souls of anyone. I suspect Yin also over used Shion's power of copy and made herself a copy and other copies of people until Shion died at that time. I still can't believe that Yin would kill Shion and get rid of Suou's powers. Now all know the flying cars are part of Madame Oreille's arsenal and at the end Kirihara/Kobayashi/Madame Oreille/Mao all work together while Hei wanders endlesy with Yin with him...romantic but not what Yin fans wanted. Best of Suou x Hei....reminds me of Hei x Yin a little=>What in the world is this part? What is Hei doing? Does not make sense at all to me=>
Suou must be cutest here in the whole serie=>
Extra bonus is Hei x dead Yin walking around forever....a true eternal romance.....sad part is Yin is dead...T_T No! Noooo! Why! Why? I did not want this=> In the end good serie which is not as good as first season but the new contractors made it interesting enough.
ReiLuvsChii said:
THIS NEVER EXISTED.
Never? Try hard to erase from the mind.
yamazhicheng said:
The ending seem to be wide open. There better have season 3.
Yeah the ending seems to be wide open just one question is how in the world will they bring Yin back?
Charliehsv said:
Agreed, wtf. ><
Going have to rewatch this episode at least once more...

I am rewatching all the episodes and still this one wins the wtf all the way. Charlie friend...this one confuses all.
Charliehsv said:
It was still a great series, so it gets a 9/10 from me, but I liked the first season a lot more.
Ok maybe it does but the BD remains to be seen still and OVAs.
porkypink said:
Fleri said:

Big WTF ending.

And I wonder what happened to the fight of the two pervs o.o

You don't know? Shizume is dead and Hazuki might be too depending how you
want to interpret the sword thing at the end. Might have been double kill.
Let's not forget the twins...they made a little things nice in this serie=>
francismeunierDec 25, 2009 10:05 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Dec 24, 2009 10:03 PM
Oct 2009
daaaaamn I don't get it, maybe because I watched the raws. Can't wait till those subs to clear up this god unholy misunderstanding. meeeeeeeen not the ending I was expecting BONES, not much fighting scenes either. Darn santa surely gave me a heep of coal this christmas!!!!!!!
Dec 24, 2009 11:40 PM

Feb 2009
I want the subs right now.From what I hear it's very vague and epic.I expected a cliche ending with hei x yin or something.But this is PAAFECKUTO.I'll ignore the questions and the loose ends because I love this kind of evangelionesque feel.
"This Forest isn't going to reveal all its secrets for the likes of you."
Dec 25, 2009 12:05 AM

Dec 2007
Urufuzu_rein said:
I'll ignore the questions and the loose ends because I love this kind of evangelionesque feel.

It kind of did feel like a 20 min version of The End of EVA at times, lol.
Dec 25, 2009 12:39 AM

Aug 2009
SEASON 3, NOW!!!

This series had been a 10/10 but I'm sorry, this WTF ending just pushed it down to a 9

like seriously WTF?!?!?!?!?!?! All my personal wishes for the ending aside, this episode still lacks a lot of explanation. An "open-ended" ending should not be this vague!!!

What happened to Hazuki? What's up with the Magician? What the heck is there a male version of Yin?!?!

The only good thing about this episode is the JulyxSuou moment. July's smile makes me feel better.

I'm just gonna watch the OVA, filled with lots of HeixYin moments!!! >:(

Dec 25, 2009 5:40 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
I'm so confused...

Dec 25, 2009 6:35 AM

Aug 2009
I liked this season but I was a bit disappointed. I'm looking forward to the dub now. I really hope a season 3 will be made. I mean it would be tragic if not. They cant end it like this.
Dec 25, 2009 7:13 AM

Aug 2009
Zepwich said:
I liked this season but I was a bit disappointed. I'm looking forward to the dub now. I really hope a season 3 will be made. I mean it would be tragic if not. They cant end it like this.

Yeah, they really can't end like this, this is tragic if all end like this. Definitely need ~~season 3~~!!!!!
Dec 25, 2009 9:17 AM

Mar 2008
just finished editing this for BSS. wtf.
Dec 25, 2009 10:11 AM

Oct 2009
Let me guess and speculate at the ED parts:Observations are continuing on the moon thing=>
Kobayashi/Kirihara continue to fight and join forces=>
USA army obvious involvement with heavier armies=>
That guys commits suicide before CIA gets any information from him=>
Shizume is dead possibly with Hazuki but maybe not=>
Best example that the twins are dolls even if it was said before=>
Yin clone or whatever the other Yin is that takes the sould of John Smith and soldiers around him. I suspect anyone going around that place is a goner=>
Those cars that hover can actually fly like in Back To The Future 2=>
Now....what are your thoughts ladies and gentlemans?

Dec 25, 2009 10:14 AM
Feb 2008
Did Shion create a NEW EARTH or something? Basically replicated everyone and their copies with new memories in the new word?
Dec 25, 2009 10:25 AM

Oct 2009
tokki said:
Did Shion create a NEW EARTH or something? Basically replicated everyone and their copies with new memories in the new word?
Impossible, Shion would never be able to do that unless copy after copy of shion is made then used up.

Dec 25, 2009 11:42 AM

Dec 2009
The last episode is just an interim episode to remind fans to buy the OVA, or even to wait for the next season.
Dec 25, 2009 12:00 PM
Feb 2008
Lulz, Shion did an "Amber". :D "Oh gz, you've found me. Say hi to mom and dad from me *dies*".
Dec 25, 2009 1:22 PM

Oct 2008
WAY TO RUIN CHRISTMAS, BONES.
although why are we all surprised, we knew they were gonna pull shit like this. :|
Dec 25, 2009 1:40 PM
Mar 2009
I wanted to see more yin *cries*
Dec 25, 2009 5:44 PM

Nov 2008
Had a feeling it would end up like this and nice series overall. Good sequel for a sort of... happy ending.
Dec 25, 2009 5:50 PM

Aug 2009
francismeunier said:
Let me guess and speculate at the ED parts:Shizume is dead possibly with Hazuki but maybe not=>

Ahh so this was the scene that showed the result of the fight.. I missed it somehow..
[right]

Dec 25, 2009 6:39 PM

Aug 2007
porkypink said:
francismeunier said:
Let me guess and speculate at the ED parts:Shizume is dead possibly with Hazuki but maybe not=>

Ahh so this was the scene that showed the result of the fight.. I missed it somehow..

Don't trust it. Remember how the dude got a headshot at point blank wit a sniper and came back later like if nothing had happened?
Dec 25, 2009 6:48 PM
Dec 2009
MRLX69 said:
porkypink said:
francismeunier said:

Don't trust it. Remember how the dude got a headshot at point blank wit a sniper and came back later like if nothing had happened?
Pretty sure he's dead. There's no way he's gonna wiggle out of this with a lightsaber through his cranium. That other time, the armor 'supposedly' took the impact. Obviously, in real life, even with that armor, an anti-tank rifle would still have enough force to kill you.

Anyways, I'm going to reserve my judgment of this episode until subs come out.
MarcusCorvinusDec 25, 2009 6:52 PM
Dec 25, 2009 8:03 PM

Jan 2008
Do they always make such an ending so they can make a new series if its necessary??
There are still so many things i dont get!!!
Havent watched the subs yet, where? where??
I want season 3!!!
yeah my bad english!!
Dec 25, 2009 8:50 PM

Jun 2009
what a crappy christmas
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Dec 25, 2009 9:25 PM
Jun 2009
tokki said:

This is exactly what the guys from 2ch said. Something about Hei sending July and Suou to Earth Shion so that they could still be saved. Everyone from the real world probably has his/her own copy.

Pic related:

Dec 25, 2009 9:46 PM

Oct 2007
Ok .... WTF is excatly what i thought at the end, nothing describes the episode better
because i ithink that i do know absolutely nothing, what the Anime was about O.o
I mean this episode kept popping things up which dont make sens at all :S

2x Yin, then a male Yin?

Why did Suou die? Yin made the others kill them self but she didnt .... Why is she dead???

This 2n Earth where July, Suou etc are living now, how does that work? ._."

And how come Hei is a Contractor again? Why did they want to kill Yin in the first place? Just because of that "End of World" Prophecy? I watched S1 long time ago, do i miss something from there or why do i feel like i dont know anything? q.q"

Minor details are .... just minor like that Magician or wether Hazuki is dead or not, nothing proves that she died, but Shizume is.

just wow wtf was that xD but n1 Series overall S3 i want some explanations ,D
But cant wait for the OVAs now ^__^
Dec 25, 2009 11:25 PM

Aug 2007
I don't think it's a "2nd earth". I think they are just like memories for the "souls" trapped in the gate? When Mao and Misaki were asking what the memories were being saved for, I guess that was it.

anyway, I wish I had a meteor core to destroy my memories of this season.
Dec 25, 2009 11:33 PM

Aug 2008
OK, maybe because it was because I watched it raw, but I get the feeling that this ending didn't explain everything (just like season one's). I was hoping this season would tie up all the loose ends. Oh well.

Overall, it was enjoyable, I guess. Not as good as season one, but still enjoyable nonetheless. 9/10

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Dec 25, 2009 11:38 PM

Aug 2009
I did enjoy it, overall I'm giving it a 7/10. Season 1 was better, but looking toward the OVA.
-Fixing-
Dec 25, 2009 11:43 PM
Apr 2009
The season is great and I don't get your WTFs about it. Watch the subs.

The power of the awakened Yin is to pull out memories.

Shion created a second earth, and the deal he created with Yin was that he will be sent there as well. She didn't kill anyone, she rather sent them to a new world, without gates and a happy life. That was Shion's dream. Yin destroyed the meteor core so that Suou's memories can pass to the second earth.

The death of Yin was probably the trigger needed for life on the new world to start, and that's why Hei killed her. He wanted to do it himself (for a reason that will probably be shown in the prequel OVAs), and that's why he stopped Suou.

The ending fully open to a next season, and I wouldn't give more than two years till it comes.

10/10 for a great continuation of DTB
Dec 25, 2009 11:56 PM

Mar 2009
^Exactly!

Shion also mentioned that it was a present given to Suou before he died..
and about the magician guy, probably the sequel shld explain it. He shld be alive.
Mokyuu♥~!!

Dec 25, 2009 11:57 PM

Nov 2009
where did you guys find subbs, I haven't been able to find them anywhere?
Dec 26, 2009 12:15 AM

Nov 2008
You guys can watch it here - http://www.animeshout.com/darker-than-black-ryuusei-no-gemini-episode-12-s2-12.html (Subbed)

And holy shit on a freakin' shit sandwich, what an ending! THIS ISN'T OVER!

Dec 26, 2009 12:30 AM

Sep 2009
HiddenDweller said:

Shion created a second earth, and the deal he created with Yin was that he will be sent there as well. She didn't kill anyone, she rather sent them to a new world, without gates and a happy life. That was Shion's dream. Yin destroyed the meteor core so that Suou's memories can pass to the second earth.

The death of Yin was probably the trigger needed for life on the new world to start, and that's why Hei killed her. He wanted to do it himself (for a reason that will probably be shown in the prequel OVAs), and that's why he stopped Suou.
Wow this makes total sense.

francismeunier said:
tokki said:
Impossible, Shion would never be able to do that unless copy after copy of shion is made then used up.
Its not impossible because it didnt look like Yin killed Shion.

"death of Yin" *he he he* , this is just funny because they cant kill Yin . Yin cannot die.Yin cant die . Ofcourse Yin cant die. Yin is not dead. Yin is alive. Yin..........

So everyone gets a happy ending except Yin and Hei . After knowing this am i supposed to keep on living.
f***
Dec 26, 2009 12:31 AM

Jul 2009
why did yin have to die???..i was really rooting for her and hei to end up together..well, i guess there should be more surprises in the next season..:)
Dec 26, 2009 12:37 AM

Jul 2008
Somehow the ending was kinda sad for me. Like Suou forgot 'bout Hei and July, but still she was able to live there with her parents ;__;

Overall, it was 8/10 from me.

Dec 26, 2009 12:40 AM

Nov 2009
OK seriously WTF? I'm going to need to marathon season 2, to see if I can make any sense out of this.
Dec 26, 2009 12:56 AM

Nov 2008
shongi said:
why did yin have to die???..i was really rooting for her and hei to end up together..well, i guess there should be more surprises in the next season..:)

What the heck you talking about? first of all, Yin didn't die, and second? well, there isn't a second, but i'm rooting for a third season! but isn't it obvious that they might end it with the upcoming OVA series? as in the second season.

Dec 26, 2009 12:59 AM

Sep 2009
KingDeadKira said:
but isn't it obvious that they might end it with the upcoming OVA series? as in the second season.
What are you saying!! Unholy words shant be uttered . I shall baptize you for saying such cruel things.

As they mentioned theres a new Hells gate , ending in 4 OVAs seems unrealistic.

The male looking Yin is not a doll but i think is a contractor as she/he killed the army and the american dude(normal humans not contractor)
Dec 26, 2009 1:01 AM

Nov 2008
Didn't you hear meh, "as in the second season" forgot to mention "that is" >.>

Dec 26, 2009 1:02 AM

Oct 2009
Seriously WTF?! I didn't understand wtf happened in this O_O! Suou lost her memory and 2 Yins, Hei got his powers back and killed Yin or did he? Gah....Kirihara on the run with Madame Oreille in the flying car x_X and then Yin alive at the end?? WTF?? I need to re-watch!

I loved the series but the ending is just...hope the OVA clears some stuff up and hope for another season...

I would have given this season 10/10 but because of the WTF ending i give it 9/10
Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 29, 2009

270 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 22, 2009

315 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 9:29 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 8, 2009

391 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 PM

» Darker Than Black Season 3? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ownsin - Dec 6, 2009

208 by Sasora »»
Aug 31, 2023 2:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.