Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2015 12:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another chilling episode especially in the second half...

I think at one point, Kindaichi comes with a close encounter or at least a message from the culprit. The episode kinda goes into details about the categories of the flowers for more depth into the symbolism stuff. Felt kinda slow for the episode imo but chilling.
Dec 5, 2015 8:23 AM

Apr 2011
Told ya it was Tsukiyomi. But that spoiler in the preview though.

Btw, Takato has to be one of the best arch-nemesis in anime.
yhunataDec 5, 2015 8:26 AM
Dec 5, 2015 11:29 AM

May 2012
Yeah here you don`t even need to think about the tricks to guess the culprit right. It was never confirmed that she`s the rosenkreuz yet though. Hopefully there`s more to it.
Dec 5, 2015 10:36 PM

Dec 2014
Yes I also guessed it was rose poet Well My suspect was shiraiki sensei tooo. Let's seee......
Dec 6, 2015 3:42 AM

Dec 2014
Oh damn, who the heck is Takato's sis?
Sensei or poet girl?

Fratricide next chapter???
Dec 6, 2015 4:10 AM

Jul 2014

At least I hope they'll keep it hidden until the final revelation, sigh
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Dec 6, 2015 7:37 AM

Apr 2011
ScienceGirl said:

At least I hope they'll keep it hidden until the final revelation, sigh

Watch the preview.
Dec 7, 2015 12:11 AM

Sep 2011
I'm upset with the reveal of the culprit, since Tsukiyomi seems to have a strong alibi in Zenda's murder. Well, she's suspicious in the other locked room murder though, but I thought it was author's intention to trick the audience.

Here is how Tsukiyomi's alibi for Zenda's murder works out. In the previous ep, we have the time when each suspect must be according to Rosenkreuz:

- Takato 11:45 underground south part
- Sakura (photographer) 12:00 in front of his room (probably 106)
- Fuyuno 12:00 north part
- Tsukiyomi 12:00 north part (same as Fuyuno)
- Mikado (the butler) 11:50 somewhere underground
- Shiraki 11:55 main hall
- Kindaichi & Miyuki 11:55 south part outside

When Kindaichi and Miyuki arrived at the location (assuming it is exactly 11:55), Shiraki sensei must also be at the main hall. Then, Kindaichi and Miyuki heard a scream. They go to the room window and saw Zenda's kimono. They run back as fast as they can and meet Shiraki. As for Tsukihime, she said she met Fuyuno outside of her room and go to their location together. Since their time was 12:00, they must have started going at around 11:55 or before that. Shiraki didn't mention meeting those two, so I thought they must have gone before that and didn't encounter Shiraki, thus forming a strong alibi for those two.

If Tsukiyomi is the culprit, she and Fuyuno must have met Shiraki on the way, assuming Shiraki is on time. There are two explanations I can come up with. One, Tsukiyomi had some trick to raise Zenda's kimono part while being at the north part of the building. Second, Shiraki was at the main hall, but didn't see those two passing by. Or she saw them but didn't say so in her testimony.

To me, the most suspicious one in Zenda's murder was Shiraki, since she could have done the trick and then rushed to the main hall and pretended nothing happened; possibly with Sakura as accomplice in some way. The scream was female, and Miyuki thought it was Shiraki's so. I don't believe the scream is of Zenda, since I think the murder was a sneaky one (a bolt to the back, probably with instant-death poison). Zenda must have been dead before that. If that is of Tsukiyomi, then it's a bit strange that Shiraki didn't hear it. Or was she the accomplice? Not to mention Sakura was probably in his room. You can argue the wall is sound-proof, but then how could Kindaichi and Miyuki hear it?

Another thing that bothers me is the room's allocation. We don't have much info on who is staying in which room. At least we know that Sakura is somewhere in that hall leading to the room where Zenda's body is. Possibly, the author didn't reveal that information because it would make the case easier to solve. In the flashback, Tsukiyomi met Fuyuno outside of room 102. But, it's a flashback, not actual testimony, something that the detective cannot view. There is a chance that Tsukiyomi lying about her room number.

There might be a good explanation for that in the next episode. If not, I will not be pleased LOL

EDIT: I think I have solved the trick in Zenda's murder and the culprit's motive (Tsukiyomi). As for the other locked room murder, the trick I come up with doesn't make much sense. If anyone has solved all or some of them, posted them here. I will do so after I solve everything.
happyhippo2704Dec 7, 2015 12:24 AM

Dec 8, 2015 1:21 AM
May 2015
Oh c'mon dat cliffhanger
Dec 8, 2015 7:29 AM

Jun 2014
The revealation was not as good as manga or live action though. bit too early and made people know before actual one.

Ps.feel a bit that Tsukuyomi VA didn't suit her much. sound younger than Kindaichi&Miyuki when she was supposely older. even I famillar at her voice in other anime. maybe because live-action voice still stuck me.

happyhippo2704 said:
I'm upset with the reveal of the culprit, since Tsukiyomi seems to have a strong alibi in Zenda's murder. Well, she's suspicious in the other locked room murder though, but I thought it was author's intention to trick the audience.

Here is how Tsukiyomi's alibi for Zenda's murder works out. In the previous ep, we have the time when each suspect must be according to Rosenkreuz:

- Takato 11:45 underground south part
- Sakura (photographer) 12:00 in front of his room (probably 106)
- Fuyuno 12:00 north part
- Tsukiyomi 12:00 north part (same as Fuyuno)
- Mikado (the butler) 11:50 somewhere underground
- Shiraki 11:55 main hall
- Kindaichi & Miyuki 11:55 south part outside

When Kindaichi and Miyuki arrived at the location (assuming it is exactly 11:55), Shiraki sensei must also be at the main hall. Then, Kindaichi and Miyuki heard a scream. They go to the room window and saw Zenda's kimono. They run back as fast as they can and meet Shiraki. As for Tsukihime, she said she met Fuyuno outside of her room and go to their location together. Since their time was 12:00, they must have started going at around 11:55 or before that. Shiraki didn't mention meeting those two, so I thought they must have gone before that and didn't encounter Shiraki, thus forming a strong alibi for those two.

If Tsukiyomi is the culprit, she and Fuyuno must have met Shiraki on the way, assuming Shiraki is on time. There are two explanations I can come up with. One, Tsukiyomi had some trick to raise Zenda's kimono part while being at the north part of the building. Second, Shiraki was at the main hall, but didn't see those two passing by. Or she saw them but didn't say so in her testimony.

To me, the most suspicious one in Zenda's murder was Shiraki, since she could have done the trick and then rushed to the main hall and pretended nothing happened; possibly with Sakura as accomplice in some way. The scream was female, and Miyuki thought it was Shiraki's so. I don't believe the scream is of Zenda, since I think the murder was a sneaky one (a bolt to the back, probably with instant-death poison). Zenda must have been dead before that. If that is of Tsukiyomi, then it's a bit strange that Shiraki didn't hear it. Or was she the accomplice? Not to mention Sakura was probably in his room. You can argue the wall is sound-proof, but then how could Kindaichi and Miyuki hear it?

Another thing that bothers me is the room's allocation. We don't have much info on who is staying in which room. At least we know that Sakura is somewhere in that hall leading to the room where Zenda's body is. Possibly, the author didn't reveal that information because it would make the case easier to solve. In the flashback, Tsukiyomi met Fuyuno outside of room 102. But, it's a flashback, not actual testimony, something that the detective cannot view. There is a chance that Tsukiyomi lying about her room number.

There might be a good explanation for that in the next episode. If not, I will not be pleased LOL

EDIT: I think I have solved the trick in Zenda's murder and the culprit's motive (Tsukiyomi). As for the other locked room murder, the trick I come up with doesn't make much sense. If anyone has solved all or some of them, posted them here. I will do so after I solve everything.

How it was strange. Kindaichi&Miyuki were much closer to crime scene than Shiraki herself. Tsukuyomi must know the voice length unless you mean she scream in her own room.
MonomunuDec 8, 2015 7:38 AM
Jan 7, 2018 5:37 AM

Oct 2012
In every detective anime, the killer's guilty faces are all over the places.. it's just funny
Especially when they said "Where's the proof?" "I can't do that, I have perfect alibi"
I mean yeah, but you're saying with that kind of faces, no I won't believe it xD
"Signature removed"
Apr 17, 2020 2:10 PM

Jul 2011
It's a bit unusual to reveal the culprit before the tricks.
Of course, the reveal of the trick often makes the culprit obvious but there, we know it's her but not yet how it was done.

I'm guessing she is Takato's sister.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

17 by Etherius_ZS »»
Nov 30, 2023 9:02 AM

Poll: » Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2015

11 by Etherius_ZS »»
Oct 28, 2023 9:31 AM

Poll: » Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2015

9 by Etherius_ZS »»
Oct 28, 2023 9:28 AM

Poll: » Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2015

16 by Etherius_ZS »»
Oct 19, 2023 4:56 AM

Poll: » Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2015

9 by Etherius_ZS »»
Oct 19, 2023 4:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.