3It was OK
17.9%
2Disliked it
4.5%
1Hated it
2.7%
Average 4.1
112 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 4, 2015 9:17 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Episode felt kinda slow.

It felt more like a buildup for the other Clans to regroup and deal with the Green Clan and the Slates. I feel like Anna carries a lot of burden on her shoulders but she is still confident to keep everyone together. Quite a mature girl and responsible Red King imo.

Glad to see the Blue Clan finally making their move again.
Eh, the pacing felt pretty weird again. Neko being useless as usual
Stark700Dec 4, 2015 2:19 PM
Dec 4, 2015 9:23 AM

Nov 2007
Mamo's character getting to know green team better.

Blue king, who went missing, got fired. Red team also knows about it. White king decides to destroy the stone... red queen agrees.

Blue king was called by red queen and heard about their decision. Though understanding the decision, he is still into orders. First part of ep.1 (?) again (with that fanservice) to show what red queen said. Actually mainly centered around red and blue conversation.

A way to break it that even green king never realized? Coin as a symbol of white clan, and name based on the food Shiro likes, "Hakumaitou"?

The stone released and kings are in pain, except blue king somehow.

26:00 (2 mins late) next ep.
tsubasaloverDec 4, 2015 9:40 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 4, 2015 9:33 AM

Nov 2011
2/10

why you always repeating? :)

4 minutes repeating video in 21 minutes long episode :)
walyi_desuDec 4, 2015 1:33 PM
Dec 4, 2015 12:33 PM
Jul 2018
the pacing is really slow but yet kind of enjoyable.
3.5/5
Dec 4, 2015 12:57 PM

Aug 2014
Meh.
Dec 4, 2015 2:46 PM
Jul 2018
The climax of this season is only 3 weeks away. I'm getting more and more worried about Munakata. And scared too.
Dec 4, 2015 3:07 PM

Jul 2008
Reisi hearing Mikoto's voice TT____TT other than that, boring. Poor Kuroh, no head petting for you, silver clan has lost it's spark idk their relationship is very stale? Cant believe it's almost over, in the end I hope everything turns out ok for Fushimi.
Dec 4, 2015 3:49 PM

Aug 2015
This episode was kind of boring. Blue king gets fired and lol Kuroh's pick for the silver clan's name.
Dec 4, 2015 4:15 PM

Feb 2015

Really wanted to see Sukuna and Fushimi fight.
I wonder if Fushimi will have a change of heart or if he'll remain with the Green clan.

That sounds like a death flag.

SchwingBonerDec 5, 2015 5:51 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2015 4:20 PM

Jul 2015
Hopefully something good happens next couple episodes. So far, this doesn't compare to season 1.
Dec 4, 2015 4:29 PM

Sep 2014
Nothing really happened, but seeing this made my day.

Dec 4, 2015 5:32 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I can't believe that Kurou actually named their clan "WHITE RICE" LMFAOOOOOOO

Other than that, this episode was really slow but we get more development for Munakata as well as seeing how alliances are now changing and this new plan to destroy the slates

That scene with Munakata hearing Mikoto's voice though TwT And we got more Neko foreshadowing as well - Going by this it seems like she's going to probably play a big role and get her memories back so I'm looking forward to that
Dec 4, 2015 5:33 PM

Oct 2011
MIKOTO T______T
Dec 4, 2015 5:44 PM

Mar 2015
Extremely boring episode. I'm getting more and more worried about this season.

Nothing special has happened. All of this could have been summed up in 2 episodes. I'm not even overreacting, the pacing is so slow that it felt like I've only seen 2 episodes of canon.

Very disappointed. This anime had such potential :(
Dec 4, 2015 6:03 PM

Jun 2014
Slow episode, hopefully things pick up next time.

I can't believe Kuroh actually named their clan the White Rice Party lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 4, 2015 6:21 PM

Oct 2014
Inb4 Mikoto back before ep 13
Dec 4, 2015 6:33 PM

Jun 2014
This episode was all right. There were bits that annoyed me but I am happy that the White Clan has a name (and a good reason or two for the name).
[url=https://myanimelist.net/animelist/meganecraz&sclick=1][IMG]
https://myanimelist.cdn-
Dec 4, 2015 7:21 PM

Jul 2009
That Munataka and Shiro death flags wasn't too nice...

For real Kurou? Even the cat has a better name than that lol
Dec 4, 2015 7:29 PM

Apr 2015
Munakata's gradually becoming more of a suspicious character as he talks to Anna. I'm getting more concerned with the constant buildup every week. Okay episode.
Dec 4, 2015 9:40 PM

May 2012
All these god damn death flags.

Dec 4, 2015 9:47 PM

Jul 2009
AnimeFan500 said:
MIKOTO T______T
Dec 4, 2015 10:41 PM

Jun 2013
For the love of white rice, don't raise the death flags. Also that moment when Munakata heard Mikoto's voice tho. ;__;
Dec 4, 2015 10:55 PM

Jan 2009
will Mikoto be resurrected? lets see and slow pacing is slow really
Dec 5, 2015 4:08 AM

Dec 2012
I'm 99% Munakata will die in the end but PLEASE please let Shiro live,he was missing for a fricking long time already
Dec 5, 2015 4:16 AM

Jun 2013
Munakata is no longer a captain damn and Kurou what kind of a stupid name is that lol
Dec 5, 2015 6:01 AM

Apr 2015
white rice o_0
Dec 5, 2015 8:36 AM

Dec 2012
What just happened, Munakata? What. Having Munakata as your favorite char is so hard right now. Mikoto fans must have felt this way like the whole 1st season ;_;
Wow this season is ending soon, waited three years for the sequel and it feels like it's finishing in the swoosh of a wind.
allo
Dec 5, 2015 9:55 AM

Sep 2014
I actually like this season, although it does seem slow-paced. At the end with the Slates doing its thing and Munakata rushing off, it hit me that it's already setting up for the season climax!

I have a feeling (and hope!) that Fushimi joined the Greens as a double agent. Or he'll at least change his mind again and end up helping the others.

I'm also a bit confused as to why Shiro and Anna were the only Kings to be negatively affected when the Slates fully awoke.
Dec 5, 2015 2:03 PM

Nov 2010
Jaded_dragon said:

I'm also a bit confused as to why Shiro and Anna were the only Kings to be negatively affected when the Slates fully awoke.

Must have been the White Hair.

----------------------------------------------

I can't understand what they were thinking when they made this season. I was hyped for it because I enjoyed the first eason and the movie, but so far, this one has been getting worse with every single episode. The pacing it's horribly slow, most of the time it's just the same characters in a room talking, without or anything happening. The Silver Clan felt more like episodic characters than Main Characters, the redhead dude from Red got more action, more dialogue and more screentime than all of them combined. At this point, it's Chaos Dragon level of bad from my POV.
Dec 5, 2015 4:45 PM

Aug 2014
Zalmox1s said:
Jaded_dragon said:

Must have been the White Hair.

----------------------------------------------

I can't understand what they were thinking when they made this season. I was hyped for it because I enjoyed the first eason and the movie, but so far, this one has been getting worse with every single episode. The pacing it's horribly slow, most of the time it's just the same characters in a room talking, without or anything happening. The Silver Clan felt more like episodic characters than Main Characters, the redhead dude from Red got more action, more dialogue and more screentime than all of them combined. At this point, it's Chaos Dragon level of bad from my POV.

The truth has been said!
Dec 5, 2015 8:34 PM

Jan 2008
Another boring episode. There is no content whatsoever this season, and what about showing us twice a useless flashback? I don't get what's the point of it??
Dead characters get more screen time than the Hakugin clan which gets a stupid clan name -_-#
There are also so many continuity issues I can't laugh anymore.
It's like they streched a 1h30 movie scenario into a one cour anime.
Dec 5, 2015 11:00 PM
Sep 2015
so basically it's: destroy(no one gets power, fair for everyone), release (yay everyone gets power, fair enough) or control it(bk insist on this one).
i'll go with the release. what could possibly go wrong lol?
but in reality, that'll be a horrifying idea, but it's anime so...

ps.
the fanservice is getting tasteless. wth is with that angle on seri's thigh gap?
Dec 6, 2015 1:08 AM

Dec 2012
Beautiful animation and ost as usual, but the pacing was really really slow
Dec 6, 2015 2:38 AM

Mar 2013
All I want next week is for Fushimi and Yata to go at it, those 2, the Green clan, the Grey king and Anna have been the only interesting characters this season, to hell with the Silver clan being boring, they aren't even main characters at this point
Dec 6, 2015 3:36 AM

Jul 2012
Well its about to get serious for the next two episodes as they try to destroy the slates.

~Great episode!!!
Dec 6, 2015 6:01 AM

Oct 2015
Loved the episode but I can understand why some might not. It was a bit slow. Thankfully I love this show and the characters so it didn't bother me that much. Worried about Munakata though. Is Fushimi really a traitor or is he trying to get inside Green to help Blue?

I wish they would do a bit more with Shiro and the silver clan. I miss that family dynamic they had going on in the first season. White rice name is perfect. They love rice and they stick together. :D

Concerning Munkata I also can't help wondering if

I'm also wondering what Fushimi is up to.

I have NOT read the manga so all of this is just pure speculation on my part.
Dec 6, 2015 6:30 AM

Jun 2015
After watching this episode I'm a little less worried about Munakata. I still count on him, I still got the feeling that he's not showing all his cards. Because right now it doesn't matter what state his sword is in, what matters is what it could be, depending on what he'll do next.

Stupid_Yuji said:
Concerning Munkata I also can't help wondering if

I also wondered about it for some time. But he was too weak as a Blue King, to handle Dresden Slate, he started crushing just then. I would love to see him again in full glory but I'm just not sure it's possible anymore.

Dec 6, 2015 6:55 AM
Dec 2015
j0x said:
will Mikoto be resurrected? lets see and slow pacing is slow really

That's not gonna happen in my opinion.
Moreover, they have got just three more episodes.

And resurrecting him will definitely make me think, 'OK! so who is the Red King now?'
Dec 6, 2015 8:22 AM

May 2014
SchwingBoner said:

Really wanted to see Sukuna and Fushimi fight.
I wonder if Fushimi will have a change of heart or if he'll remain with the Green clan.

That sounds like a death flag.

Hopefully it's a deeper reason for him doing that. I hope so, otherwise it would be lame right?
Dec 6, 2015 2:26 PM

Jul 2013
laCloud said:
All I want next week is for Fushimi and Yata to go at it

yes please. Well they just have to face each other eventually, I mean why would Fushimi say 'try to keep up' to him otherwise?

Olem said:
All these god damn death flags.

Ikr!;-;

I quite liked this episode. I've got a lot more respect for Munakata now, while I didn't really like him at first.
It was a bit slow though, so let's just hope the next episodes will make up for it:)
next week can't come soon enough!
Dec 6, 2015 4:09 PM

Jul 2014
I have theories regarding characters of the series. I want to see more development of the Kings, specifically the Gray and Green. I'm interested in what Munakata will do in the coming episodes. I want to see what happens with the vacant king openings. I'm hoping the series picks up on action as the Slates are "blooming". I hope for less fan service. I hope Mikuto gets resurrected.
Oh and fuck Fushimi. A double-crosser twice already. I hope he dies soon but he'll probably make it to the end unfortunately..
Dec 6, 2015 6:40 PM

Nov 2012
It's very sad to see the Blue King be brought so low.
Jaywalker.
Dec 6, 2015 8:33 PM

Mar 2013
I don't think Munakata has any hope of becoming the Gold King, seems the Slate pick someone who fits the crown, the Gold King was the symbol of preservation and stability and Munakata is more of the order and control type, I see him dying

As for Fushimi he could become the Colorless king but unlikely, while it's the anomaly among the Kings I can't see him leading a clan
Dec 6, 2015 11:32 PM

Jul 2014
laCloud said:

As for Fushimi he could become the Colorless king but unlikely, while it's the anomaly among the Kings I can't see him leading a clan

Yeah I was thinking he might become the colorless king. He doesn't need a clan as the colorless king. But then how would his showdown with Yata go? Would he just wreck Yata or will Yata pull some ace out of his sleeve? Maybe Yata becomes a new Red king? I doubt it but this is anime.. anything can happen lol
Dec 7, 2015 12:35 AM

Apr 2014
The build up is so much fun
Dec 7, 2015 4:09 AM

Mar 2013
Star_Slayer said:
Maybe Yata becomes a new Red king?

Don't see Anna dying, while she's been a King for a short time she's much to strong hearted to die

If anyone will die it's the Green King being killed by Silver or Blue, then Fushimi will kill Munakata to prevent a Damocles down or perhaps by Gouki Zenjou who killed the previous Blue King. Gray King I can't actually tell how he will die if he does

Don't see Fushimi completely wrecking Yata, as much as he hates to admit it he does care for Yata in a small regard (In my opinion) and won't kill him, however if Yata pulls an ace out of his sleeve and goes berserk I see Fushimi dying and not surviving
Dec 7, 2015 10:16 AM

Jul 2014
laCloud said:
Star_Slayer said:
Maybe Yata becomes a new Red king?

Don't see Anna dying, while she's been a King for a short time she's much to strong hearted to die

If anyone will die it's the Green King being killed by Silver or Blue, then Fushimi will kill Munakata to prevent a Damocles down or perhaps by Gouki Zenjou who killed the previous Blue King. Gray King I can't actually tell how he will die if he does

Don't see Fushimi completely wrecking Yata, as much as he hates to admit it he does care for Yata in a small regard (In my opinion) and won't kill him, however if Yata pulls an ace out of his sleeve and goes berserk I see Fushimi dying and not surviving

Anna doesn't necessarily have to die. Could there be a way for two kings of the same color? Perhaps the Slates will have a way for that.

I really don't see Munakata dying. The only reason that I might see him dying is since the red king died, the writers will have Munakata die as well. There's also his deteriorating Sword as well but I think it will get restored. If he does however, it'll be Zenjou to kill him as he has had no involvement in the anime except for a brief talk with Seri. Don't really know what else he'd do in the series other than that. The Gray king has the ultimate defense so I don't see him dying too soon.

True enough Fushimi does seem to care for him in a small way. You can see that when he sent him the map. But here's what I can see happening: Fushimi becomes the Colorless king, he likes it but soon doesnt like it, starts to wreck Yata and then Yata helps him overcome the Colorless entity. Out of all possibilities I think Yata pulling an ace from his ass is the least likely. I really don't see Yata going berserk unless Fushimi pulls some really dirty shit
Dec 7, 2015 12:51 PM

Apr 2008
Really surprised by how little I dislike Anna. She's a pretty bearable mix between your straight mary sue and your ineffectual child. I mean, her mindset is sorta interesting but other than that she really hasn't got anything going for her.

It probably has something to do with Yata and Kusanagi carring a lot of the load. Though that's true for all the other clanns as well; with most kings being pretty mediocre, characterisation wise, with the clan dynamics keeping things entertaining.

I know for a fact that I couldn't bear a show about Shiro without having Kuro and Neko faffing around.

And watching Reishi without Mikoto to bounce off on really hurts his presence. The little flashback in this episode reminded me of the wonderfull dynamic they shared which has been almost enitirely been replaced with Reishi brooding over a giant stone tablet.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Dec 7, 2015 11:07 PM

Nov 2012
ugh, fushimi is so annoying. i'm just waiting for yata to beat some sense into him :p
Dec 8, 2015 1:44 AM
May 2015
Whoa, REVELATION: Scepter 4 is a gov't organization??????? No wonder these guys act like cops.

I'm guessing that those Slates thingy were the ones that gave them Kings and their cohorts their powers.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2015

263 by bigdmf »»
Apr 2, 6:03 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2015

185 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 5:46 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2015

45 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 5:42 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2015

87 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 4:41 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2015

57 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 2:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.