Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 25, 2008 4:40 PM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
this episode was pretty cool, that dude in the pink shirt was hilarious lol

what did you think?
Jun 22, 2008 10:40 AM

Apr 2008
was this the anime that came with the first .hack game, .hack//infection???
Jun 22, 2008 11:05 AM

Aug 2006
shin_otaku said:
was this the anime that came with the first .hack game, .hack//infection???

Liminality Ep01 come with .hack//infection, Ep02 with //Mutation, Ep03 with //Outbreak and Ep04 with //Quarantine.
Sep 1, 2008 3:22 AM

Mar 2008
The guy in the pink shirt? Dont you mean BEAR? lol at least thats what I assumed, his voice actor is Bear from .hack//Sign, plus it'd make sense since the games happened AFTER the anime.
Nov 7, 2008 9:25 PM

May 2007
I just beat game one so I watched the anime episode 1.

Pretty good, can't wait to see what happens next.
My anime list
Nov 7, 2008 11:27 PM

Oct 2008
SalemJericho said:
The guy in the pink shirt? Dont you mean BEAR?

Nov 27, 2009 3:49 AM

Oct 2008
Seems like Mai is a bit lonely in her house. Well I guess Tokuoka is accompaning her, even though she thinks he's kinda creepy.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Aug 24, 2011 1:10 PM

Aug 2010
I feel bad for the main character. Her boyfriend is in a coma, she has no friends, her parents are never around, and she's hanging out with a weurd guy.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Oct 2, 2011 10:23 AM

Mar 2009
Pretty good episode, not as good as sign so far, but still good.

The animation is very generic, but the story is good.
But, it needs a little more bg info on the characters, which we probably won't get b/c this is a limited 4 episode OVA.

It's pretty cool that she has a "shield" against the world or

And lol, I thought Tokuoka was Bear at first too, but now I see it's impossible. It's just Bandai using the same VA for different characters.

I'm excited for the next ep, at first I figured all four eps would be stand alone, but it looks like that isn't the case which is +1.

Urahara Out!!
Dec 22, 2011 9:14 PM

May 2007
I guess they pretty much fooled everyone.... I thought mr. pink shirt was Beer too. lol. So i was like din ding ding Mimiru tht's his profession right there lol....well was anyway. Ma, guess i was wrong there goes strike three. *sigh*
Good episode thought, a bit put back going straight from watching sign to this. Human point of view is a good plus but i would have liked to see what they were seeing when they were actually playing the game to get them so freaked out...
Oct 23, 2013 12:11 PM

Aug 2012
InoueKurosaki said:
I guess they pretty much fooled everyone.... I thought mr. pink shirt was Beer too. lol. So i was like din ding ding Mimiru tht's his profession right there lol....well was anyway. Ma, guess i was wrong there goes strike three. *sigh*

Him being Bear never crossed my mind, they don't even have the same seiyuu. I watched with subs tho, so i went to check the English VAs and they are different for Tokuoka and Bear. So why are you guys saying they have the same voice? Also we got a hint about Bear's profession and some of his face, doesn't match with Tokuoka on my eyes.

Girl got some pretty eyes. I liked the detail of the search engine, ''gooogle'', sure, if it got one extra ''o'' it sounds ok :p

Near the end of the episode when they start playing, it is //Sign's OST, happy i got to listen to it again :)

That was pretty sick, and the girl reminds me of Aura (probably this Aura's version). I wonder why only the girl can hear the sounds, probably because she grew up around music and violin so is more suitable to detect sounds than the average person; also wonder why only some guys pass out when there's millions of players.
Jan 15, 2015 7:23 PM

Jan 2015
I hope her friend comes out of that coma!!!
May 11, 2015 6:26 AM

Aug 2012
It's good but I wish they'd showed the actual game during the play sequence
Nov 27, 2016 9:23 PM

Feb 2013
Bottomline is this is a 4 episode OVA broken up into separate pieces that were bundled with 4 different .hack games. Judging the quality of this show based off of that I'd say its alright if youre a huge .hack fan (whch you probably are if you have played the ps2 games and watched this ova o begin with). However, if you just watch the episodes and have never played the game the animation is low end, the characters are ok (with a couple actually being entertaining), and no real time for any meaningful character development. Mr pink shirt ftw
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsWX3yAgjTPjL3MT7d4wbqg/feed

WHY IS THE RUM GONE?! BECAUSE I DRANK IT TO GET MY RAVE ON AT THE CON DAMNIT!!!
Jul 6, 2017 5:56 AM
Dec 2014
Well with the news that the .hack franchise is being revived from a coma (see what I did there?) with the games being remastered I thought to finally dig in to this. People seem to think .Hack is boring but that's because it tries to tell an interesting story. Unheard of today I know.

OVA starts awesome. Art, music, voice acting. I appreciated it all.
May 18, 2019 12:08 PM

Jan 2017
An interesting first episode, I hope //Liminality will answer some questions.
Oct 20, 2019 9:38 AM

Feb 2017
lol why is this page broken
Jan 28, 2022 7:59 AM

Feb 2021
that intro was pretty good ngl
Jan 30, 2022 2:26 PM

Apr 2020
The aesthetic is nice. It looks similar to our world but it's clearly an alternate world. I also guess Japan during this time is very libertarian or something like that.
ow + nw = 90-2000s

More topics from this board

Poll: » .hack//Liminality Episode 4 Discussion

Yokurama - Feb 25, 2008

10 by DINGO_SCUM »»
Apr 16, 2023 8:35 AM

Poll: » .hack//Liminality Episode 2 Discussion

Yokurama - Feb 25, 2008

11 by MeineKleineAiri »»
Nov 10, 2022 10:39 PM

Poll: » .hack//Liminality Episode 3 Discussion

Yokurama - Feb 25, 2008

7 by pokecenter »»
Oct 23, 2013 1:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.