Forum Settings
Forums

Mobile Game 'Ensemble Stars!' to Receive Anime Adaptation

New
Dec 4, 2015 8:04 AM
News Team
꙳•❅*°⋆❆.ೃ࿔*:・*❆

Apr 2010

The official site for the smartphone game Ensemble Stars! has revealed that an anime will be among the adaptations for its mix-media project. The game has previously received two novels and will, in addition to the anime, also receive a stage play slated for June 2016. The type and premiere date for the anime have not been announced yet. Ensemble Girls!, which is in the same franchise, will also receive an anime adaptation.

Synopsis
Yumenosaki Private Academy, a school located on a hill facing the ocean. Specializing in boys' idol training, the school has a long history of producing generations of idols for the entertainment world out of the young men overbrimming with talents, like the shining stars in the sky. Due to "special circumstances," you are a transfer student at the school, as well as the only female student there. In fact, you are chosen to be the very first student of the "producer course," and your task is to produce these idols... We hope you will enjoy your journey with the idols you meet at the academy, as well as the vigorous ensemble that together you will make. (Source: Enemble Stars! Wikia)

The scenario was originally written by Akira (Sasami-san@Ganbaranai), and the game currently consists of 31 cast members divided into eight idol units. The third single, titled "Owaranai Symphonia"by fine, and the fourth single, titled "Hyakkaryouran, Akatsukiya" by Akatsuki, sold 19,901 and 22,280 copies, respectively, during its first week in the Oricon CD rankings.

Source: Official site

Ensemble Stars! on MAL
Sakana-sanFeb 17, 2017 10:17 AM

Submit News × GuidelinesPart of U × Color Your Night × Limelight × Headline˙⊹܀⁺☁︎˚˙⊹⁺.˙⁺
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 4, 2015 8:05 AM

Nov 2011
More idol themed series...

Eh, I hope the songs will be at least catchy.
Dec 4, 2015 8:05 AM

Jun 2008
I was looking forward to this because they said the "protagonist" wouldn't make an appearance, but now she will after all... Sigh... (´д`ノ)ノ
At least the art won't be too bad compared to the original... But considering EnSta's CD sales, this should end up being a success. (Let's not forget that there are other similar games that have been going on for longer, yet there are no announcements like this.) I suppose if the stage adaption and the anime were to take place at about the same time, there shouldn't be too much of a negative effect (due to everyone disliking the recent stage rush) as everyone would be busying themselves with the anime... At least announcing both at the same time seems to have been the right decision (no stage adaption might have been even better, though).
While, if the anime and such were to succeed as well, this leading to more 2D-related works being made with the female audience in mind would be nice, I'm not exactly happy about more of these sort of games... Not to mention that everyone's fed up with anything idol-related.
Dec 4, 2015 8:10 AM

May 2008
I play the game since the release. Tbh i think it's still too early for enstars to be an anime.

Stark700 said:

there's already unit songs on youtube and Full versions are leaked on tumblr.
Dec 4, 2015 8:13 AM

Nov 2008
This is what you get when you mix BF Kari with a generic idol game. I don't know about this right now. It has generic written all over it but I'll listen to some of the music just to see.

Dec 4, 2015 8:16 AM

Jul 2012
Heard about this through Twitter already lmao

I haven't played this game (and I don't plan to because it's not a rhythm game) but I'm really excited for this! The seiyuu cast is extraordinary and the songs are great. The main four include Morikubo Showtaro, Tetsuya Kakihara, Hosoya Yoshimasa and Yuki Kaji. Epic!

I'm waiting for an i7 or Yumecast announcement now ;) Please do justice, BONES.

Psyche_Izaya said:
Stark700 said:

I have two of the CDs and they're pretty good! Third CD isn't out for western fans but I've heard the preview and AHHHH! Ume-chan sounds amazing.
Dec 4, 2015 8:22 AM

Feb 2013
Is this an all-boys cast? Or there's gonna be girls as well?

Dec 4, 2015 8:22 AM

May 2008
mayukachan said:
Psyche_Izaya said:

I have two of the CDs and they're pretty good! Third CD isn't out for western fans but I've heard the preview and AHHHH! Ume-chan sounds amazing.
I have only UNDEAD one.
Ryuseitai, Knights and Akatsuki's songs are pretty good too!! ( ╹◡╹)

Not only Ensemble stars , but its counterpart game (ensemble girls) is getting anime adaptation too
Dec 4, 2015 8:26 AM

Jul 2012
gisselle said:
I played a bit of the game when it first came out and I think it's all guys? Maybe we'll have a heroine? Idk!

There's like 30+ male characters lol.

Psyche_Izaya said:
I have only UNDEAD one.
Yes! They're good~
Dec 4, 2015 8:28 AM

Jan 2015
Mmmh....Maybe I'll give it a shot.
Dec 4, 2015 8:29 AM

Nov 2008
mayukachan said:
gisselle said:
I played a bit of the game when it first came out and I think it's all guys? Maybe we'll have a heroine? Idk!

Psyche_Izaya said:
I have only UNDEAD one.
Yes! They're good~

I get the feeling the heroine won't be present just like Girlfriend (Kari) not having an mc and thus being a girls showcase. I just don't like those as much if they are based off a mobile game because it shoehorns you into playing the game.

Dec 4, 2015 8:30 AM

Feb 2013
mayukachan said:
gisselle said:

I see.

Well, I hope it's something like Girlfriend (Kari) but with male characters, LOL. Looks cute!

May 2008
Hoppy said:
mayukachan said:

Yes! They're good~

I get the feeling the heroine won't be present just like Girlfriend (Kari) not having an mc and thus being a girls showcase. I just don't like those as much if they are based off a mobile game because it shoehorns you into playing the game.

I watched the livestream hours ago.
The livestream announced that the female protagonist will be appearing in the anime
Mar 2010
Please, PLEASE give this to good staff and give it good budget, PLEASE. It could be HUGE if done that way.

gisselle said:

EnStars in all-boys. But Ensemble Girls is all girls. Psyche_Izaya says it's getting an anime as well though I haven't seen an announcement anywhere for that.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Dec 4, 2015 8:32 AM

Jul 2012
phoenixalia said:
EnStars in all-boys. But Ensemble Girls is all girls. Psyche_Izaya says it's getting an anime as well though I haven't seen an announcement anywhere for that.
Me neither. I actually haven't even heard of Ensemble Girls until now LOL. And I'm pretty big into these mobile games...

Psyche_Izaya said:
The livestream announced that the female protagonist will be appearing in the anime
As long as she'll be better than Utapri's Haruka~
Dec 4, 2015 8:33 AM

Nov 2008
gisselle said:
mayukachan said:

I see.

Well, I hope it's something like Girlfriend (Kari) but with male characters, LOL. Looks cute!

And we all know how that turned out, not enough screentime for the better characters, a Vita game that didn't even have most of the good characters to date, making it gimped to hell, and overall you needed to play the mobile game to enjoy the anime.

Dec 4, 2015 8:34 AM

Jul 2012
Yo, I'd kill for a Boyfriend (Kari) Anime though...........

The character songs sound amazing! ;_;
Dec 4, 2015 8:37 AM

Sep 2015
Yaaaaaasss !!

More great songs from idol anime XD
Dec 4, 2015 8:40 AM

Nov 2007
phoenixalia said:

Anime PV, it seems, for Ensemble Girls. https://twitter.com/ensemble_girls/status/672806041269043200
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 4, 2015 8:44 AM

Dec 2009
HALPPPPPPPPPP IM SCREAMING I WAS WATCHING DURING THE NICO LIVE AND THEN I GOT KICKED OUT X___X OVERCAPACITY UGHHH... But anyway played the game since the release and its so popular its mindblowing @_@ even though its only been a few months... Anzu will be in the huh.. well I'm not expecting much.. But I'M REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO EVERYONE MOVING. IZUMI UGHHH THE BEAUTIFUL TSUN AND TORI MY CUTIEPIEEE. I wonder if Leo will appear in the anime?

ALSO LOOKING FORWARD TO THE TWO NEW ODDBALLS COMING OUT INGAME @___@ AHHH so many good news ^O^
Dec 4, 2015 9:24 AM

Nov 2008
tsubasalover said:
phoenixalia said:

Anime PV, it seems, for Ensemble Girls. https://twitter.com/ensemble_girls/status/672806041269043200

My god, the art is more generic than Ensamble Stars. Couldn't they have adapted a game with better art, you know like Princess Connect, even though it's a bit early for that to get an anime.

Dec 4, 2015 9:26 AM
Apr 2012
inb4

>3-min duration
>clipart animation
>5 seasons incoming
Dec 4, 2015 9:27 AM

Jul 2012
Hoppy said:
My god, the art is more generic than Ensamble Stars. Couldn't they have adapted a game with better art, you know like Princess Connect, even though it's a bit early for that to get an anime.
EnStars art looks fine tbh. Better than I-Chu! or Touken Ranbu that has multiple artists doing the chara designs.

But i7 has the best art probably xD
God bless BONES
Dec 4, 2015 9:30 AM
Apr 2012
mayukachan said:
Hoppy said:
EnStars art looks fine tbh. Better than I-Chu! or Touken Ranbu that has multiple artists doing the chara designs.

God bless BONES

Oh okay nvm then, I don't see any clipart animation lol.

Also Bones?! They are doing everything nowadays.
Dec 4, 2015 9:31 AM

Jul 2012
It's a different game, sorry for misleading anyone lol

I'm pretty certain it'll get animated into an Anime too.

OFC, the PV looks like clipart...They didn't bother making legit animation yet xD
Dec 4, 2015 9:36 AM

Nov 2008
That song is pretty good.

Dec 4, 2015 9:40 AM

May 2008
mayukachan said:

God bless BONES

I like this MV. Better than Trigger's Leopard Eyes.
everyone look so stiff _(:'D
Dec 4, 2015 9:42 AM

Jul 2012
Psyche_Izaya said:
omg don't even mention that
i cringed so hard at the previews ;_;
it's sad because leopard eyes' one of my favourite songs... uGHGHGHH :'(
Dec 4, 2015 9:42 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
...........pass
Dec 4, 2015 10:13 AM

Apr 2013
Looking forward to this adaptation, because I'm not able to play the game.
Dec 4, 2015 10:15 AM
Mar 2010
mayukachan said:

God bless BONES

Ahhh that glorious, delicious beautiful PV. Bones, please. Full anime please.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Dec 4, 2015 10:42 AM
May 2007
This made my day. Thanks for more boy idols.

mayukachan said:
Psyche_Izaya said:
omg don't even mention that
i cringed so hard at the previews ;_;
it's sad because leopard eyes' one of my favourite songs... uGHGHGHH :'(

I'm liking TRIGGER a lot recently because Gaku ♥
PV is not fully 3D only the dances so I can't say no.
Dec 4, 2015 11:18 AM

Jun 2008
I've seen so much fanart of these guys so this will go on my ptw! : D
Dec 4, 2015 11:23 AM

Nov 2012
male idols? nice, will check it out. hopefully it will be a good male idol show for once.
Dec 4, 2015 11:39 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
mayukachan said:

I haven't played this game (and I don't plan to because it's not a rhythm game) but I'm really excited for this! The seiyuu cast is extraordinary and the songs are great. The main four include Morikubo Showtaro, Tetsuya Kakihara, Hosoya Yoshimasa and Yuki Kaji. Epic!

I'm waiting for an i7 or Yumecast announcement now ;) Please do justice, BONES.

Yeah same, I thought it would be a rhythm game but it wasn't. But I have heard some of the songs and I like them, they're better than like say, Aichuu songs, and that cast is pretty great.

I think it's too early for Yumecast rn, but I would like i7 X)
Dec 4, 2015 11:40 AM

Aug 2014
Looks great.
Sieg Zeon!
Dec 4, 2015 11:45 AM
Jul 2018
I've been playing it since the release and I'm glad that it's getting more recognition with this. I hope they won't mess it up.
Dec 4, 2015 3:09 PM

Jul 2007
I am so ready for this, I love idol anime lol

I've debated on playing the game but my phone can't handle all these idol games :(
Dec 4, 2015 3:09 PM

Jan 2013
Synopsis
Yumenosaki Private Academy, a school located on a hill facing the ocean. Specializing in boys' idol training, the school has a long history of producing generations of idols for the entertainment world out of the young men overbrimming with talents, like the shining stars in the sky. Due to "special circumstances," you are a transfer student at the school, as well as the only female student there.

I am the female transfer student? That's neat.
I doubt there'll be that kind of character in the show though. Probably just the synopsis for the game where you most likely don't see your own char anyway.
Dec 4, 2015 3:17 PM

May 2013
yeessss!! love the game. my favorites are Arashi and Rei. hoping for a really good studio to do this!!

Psyche_Izaya said:

ugh, was kind of hoping they wouldn't add her in. it'd be much better if it was just about the boys.

tsubasalover said:
phoenixalia said:

lmao, people care about the girls version? there is a girls version? have their songs been released yet?
“Victor can’t be satisfied by anyone but me.”

Dec 4, 2015 5:37 PM

Nov 2007
Can't say i'm surprised that Ensemble Stars is getting an anime. The mobile game seems to be doing great and the sales of the character songs are only second to UtaPri. I'm interested to see how both compare after the anime airs because it seems this is UtaPri's biggest potential competition.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
ArdanazDec 6, 2015 1:40 PM
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Dec 4, 2015 5:41 PM

Nov 2008
Kotobukii said:
yeessss!! love the game. my favorites are Arashi and Rei. hoping for a really good studio to do this!!

Psyche_Izaya said:

ugh, was kind of hoping they wouldn't add her in. it'd be much better if it was just about the boys.

tsubasalover said:

lmao, people care about the girls version? there is a girls version? have their songs been released yet?

I doubt it, just look at the art on Ensemble Girls, it's generic and bland, you should be playing Princess Connect or some other series with better art.

Dec 4, 2015 5:45 PM

Sep 2013
Step your game up Uta Pri, don't let these newbies beat you :'(
Dec 4, 2015 5:52 PM

May 2008
Yessssss more shitty male idol anime <3.
Dec 4, 2015 7:04 PM

Sep 2013
Had a feeling this would get an adaptation at some point. Will have to keep an eye out for the exact air date
Dec 4, 2015 7:04 PM

Mar 2014
SHITTTTTTTTTTTT FUCK HOLY YEAH YES SHIT FUCK YEAH
Dec 4, 2015 7:14 PM

May 2008
Kotobukii said:
lmao, people care about the girls version? there is a girls version?

ensemble-stars.wikia.com/wiki/Leo_Tsukinaga

ensemble-girls.wikia.com/wiki/Ruka_Tsukinaga

^ these two characters are related

So yup, people care since both games have a connection xD
Psyche_IzayaDec 4, 2015 7:25 PM
Dec 4, 2015 7:21 PM

Apr 2015
Been playing the game for a while. The news isn't so surprising coming from the sales (and how the company has been mentioning a "what-if" anime adaptation recently and how they'd want it to be really high quality). The story wasn't what I had expected when first playing, so I'm hoping it goes well.
Dec 4, 2015 11:05 PM

Jul 2012
ichii_1 said:
Step your game up Uta Pri, don't let these newbies beat you :'(
lol season 4 when?? ;_;
Dec 4, 2015 11:29 PM

Jun 2009
OH MY GOOODDDDDDDDDDD IM EXCITED AF i can finally see leo and tsukasa animated ;-;

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
9 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
11 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

30 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.