Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: .hack//GIFT Episode 1 Discussion

Feb 25, 2008 4:40 PM
THEBEAST!

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So what did you think of this episode?
i thought it was pretty stupid and kinda funny i guess lol
id rate it 5/10

so what did you think of it?

May 31, 2008 10:38 AM
I liked this episode!! The animation was cheesy, but it was really funny. There were a lot of Japanese jokes which is probably why they didn't dub it, but it was the best...

Nov 2, 2008 1:20 AM

It's basically .Hack goes South Park except with Japanese cultural references. And more nudity.

Nov 9, 2008 7:01 PM
Forever Fearless

It was one of the stupidest things i'v ever seen.
Speed is Life - 1st ID... patch on my shoulder.

Jan 29, 2009 1:56 PM

i thought it was okay. nothing like the cool gathering we get in that one other episode with mostly everyone but it was nice enough. it was pretty funny to see mia on elk xD

Sep 27, 2009 2:52 PM

I laughed so hard. I hated the animation but the craziness made up for it. I loved Subaru hacking Crimson Knight to pieces and it being pixelated. Then later she says, "It came to me while I was hitting you." LMAO

Oct 21, 2009 9:52 AM

Lol.. fail. I thought it was a piece of crap XD

Nov 27, 2009 2:46 AM

LOL @ Subaru beating up Silver Knight. <3
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~

Jan 2, 2010 4:23 PM

i loved it!
the awful animation was rather charming and the cultural jokes were hilarious.
i laughed so hard i had to pause it to take breaks (one was a pee break)
awesome... TwT

Apr 16, 2010 7:15 PM

This was a bizarre but really funny episode, sub was good, XD.
I tell you now the words of the red moon; The wolf was born from the Great Spirit, and man became the messenger of the beast. He lives his life in silence, where the blessing of the blood of the gods is bestowed upon him.
The flower wins the favor of the lord of the night, and she gives off her scent. Firm and eternal in countenance, her form is as a lily-white, supple maiden. She stills and condenses time until all is a precious, frozen mass.
It is then that the beast shall appear...
-Darcia the Third

92% OF TEENS HAVE MOVED ON TO RAP. IF YOU'RE PART OF THE 8% WHO STILL LISTENS TO REAL MUSIC, COPY AND PASTE THIS INTO YOUR SIGNATURE.

Aug 10, 2010 9:05 AM

'twas absolutely and ultimately hilarious XDD

Nov 12, 2010 7:52 AM

lols so random
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)

Dec 13, 2011 5:55 PM

This was...

......weird.

Though funny more in a meta way than in a direct way. I was not very entertained by the episode itself. Then I started thinking about it more.

I gotta say, Aura really got the last laugh here. I love how Aura shows up at the end and declares everyone else a bunch of stupid fucks. And in a meta way, that comment kinda applies to whoever came up with this episode.

That said, Bear has a priceless fourth-wall-breaking comment:
Why? Why are the naked girls the only ones depicted proportionately?

Aug 5, 2012 3:27 AM

well at least i could see subaru boobs in the end

Oct 23, 2013 3:21 PM

The OP was hilarious, those weird faces..and here i was thinking the chibbi form would kill it for me. Never laugh so much with one episode of .hack series.

Everyone accusing the poor Balmung, only now i realised that his seiyuu is the same as Ikkaku from Bleach (you notice it during those higher pitched notes), and then Ginkan was like ''Why would anyone kill Bear?'' rofl, expected. Go figure later that him was ACTUALLY Bear xD Funny how the victim (Orca) ends up being the assassin (kills Bear) lol

lol at how Subaru keeps hitting Ginkan for a while and then gets beated again and is threw off the boat ! LOL

shipoof, gamyion! Sora's the best xD
''you cheater!!'' to to tou - burriyon - Sora kicko! lol.
and after all that smooth talk, Balmung jumps on Crim just like that xD

and woot during the ED we got to see some fan service from the 'normal' characters of Mimiru,BT and Subaru :o

Definitely better than i was expecting!

Oct 31, 2013 1:29 AM

Really enjoyable OVA, really breaks off from the dark atmosphere from the series and focuses on comedy. Don't see why everyone is giving it so much hate..

Oct 21, 2015 10:01 AM

Really boring, but the fanservices were rather nice. Damn boobies!

Dec 30, 2017 1:42 PM

It's not so bad, kinda funny. And yeah, the fanservice stuff is good, I wasn't expecting that :3