Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 3, 2015 1:38 PM
Jul 2014
Absurd. Silly. Didn't like it at all! I'm outraged that anyone should sully their good name - as Oshii did with this work. Maybe the idea for this piece was great at some point, but it came out totally ridiculous.
Otherwise I don't mind Oshi's flirts with filmography. He's one of my favorite sci-fi author and I would personally really like to see what he can do if given a chance. Without adequate production behind him and insufficient financial support all of his efforts (like Asaruto gâruzu - Assault girls, 2009) are doomed in advance. Playing solo is manageable in animation but not so much in filmograpy. Maybe that's what hinders Oshii's attempts. His genius has been proven many times, no question there! Let's not think much about Tachiguishi Retsuden. I see it just as Oshii's attempt of breaking the monotony of his usual and ordinary work routine... :)
jakovDec 3, 2015 3:08 PM
Jun 28, 2019 5:18 AM

Apr 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6KP5sbEQCI
The dearer you hold a memory the more painful it becomes.

Nov 9, 2019 6:18 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Yet another anime without much animation to talk off.....

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Apr 8, 2020 5:37 PM

Jun 2015
I didn't even realize this would be on here. I saw this awhile ago, but I don't remember liking it much. Some cool stylization but I really don't like Mamoru's live-action stuff.
Sep 29, 2020 8:41 PM

Jun 2015
Loved that movie! Kinda reminds me of Gosenzo-sama Banbanzai in some ways, mainly the line delivery and stillness of it all. Still very fascinating and fun!

💖 𝐼'𝓂 𝒽𝒶𝓎𝒹𝑒𝓃❣ 💖

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ 💝 𝒯𝓌𝒾𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 💝 𝒴𝑜𝓊𝒯𝓊𝒷𝑒 💝 ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆
💝 𝑀𝓎𝐹𝒾𝑔𝓊𝓇𝑒𝒞𝑜𝓁𝓁𝑒𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 💝
Dec 26, 2022 12:20 AM
Dec 2020
I can't find Onna Tachiguishi-Retsuden or Shin-Onna Tachiguishi-Retsuden which are shorts related to this. Driving me crazy. PM's are open!

Jan 9, 2023 5:50 AM

Aug 2017
I didn't expect to see a bit from Hideaki Anno's Return of Ultraman injected here xD

Anyway, can't comment too much on it since I understood like 10% of the narration. A shame, I think I could've enjoyed it more with a good translation.

PhilTheStampede said:
I can't find Onna Tachiguishi-Retsuden or Shin-Onna Tachiguishi-Retsuden which are shorts related to this. Driving me crazy. PM's are open!

If you mean translations, there're none. I also wish this stuff was more accessible
Jan 14, 2023 11:08 PM
Dec 2020
St0rmblade said:
I didn't expect to see a bit from Hideaki Anno's Return of Ultraman injected here xD

Anyway, can't comment too much on it since I understood like 10% of the narration. A shame, I think I could've enjoyed it more with a good translation.

PhilTheStampede said:

If you mean translations, there're none. I also wish this stuff was more accessible
St0rmblade said:

PhilTheStampede said:

I mean at all. I can't find them even in Japanese.
Jan 21, 2023 11:40 PM
Oct 2021
PhilTheStampede said:
St0rmblade said:

St0rmblade said:

I mean at all. I can't find them even in Japanese.

have you been able to find them yet?
Jan 25, 2023 6:32 AM
Dec 2020
Nope. I gave up. I'm sure they are out there in Japanese, though.
Dec 5, 2023 1:25 AM

Jul 2016
discotek is doing a release

it might include the the live action spin-off short
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onna_Tachiguishi-Retsuden

either way, that short will be online at some point

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.