Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 2, 2015 4:38 AM

Dec 2015
Disclaimer: I've searched everywhere and everything, but I still haven't found what I'm looking for. My last hope are MAL:Forums.

Can you please help me there? It's been quite a while since I enjoyed an anime... :/ AND still I haven't found one ...

I'm looking for an anime like SAO (first Arc) and Guilty Crown. I'm looking for good scripted romance, like GC where Shu's affection for Inori was shown. An anime where the MC fights to protect "her" like Kirito. So, I'm looking for not exactly Action/Romance (since it's quite an abstract idea), but an anime which:
*(a) Has a main theme, a goal, a journey.
*(b) Beautiful deuteragonist with whom the MC falls in love.
(c) Kissing earns extra points. I don't mind if the affections become mutual on the last episode (if they do please don't mention it in the comments... It's kind of spoiler... :(
*(d) Is strong, has "drama", is emotional and you get attached to the main characters.
(e) MC getting badass earns extra points.
(g) Doesn't have a passive female character.
(h) Has funny scenes and good romance ones.
(i) Has great action scenes.
*(j) Has good reviews, overall, and it's not a trash one.
*(k) Has amazing music, much like Guilty Crown. It's been a while since I saw it, but I still hear the music and it gives me the chills every-single-time.
*(l) NOT a harem. If there's a second character attracted to the MC, I'm fine, but damn not a harem... That's one of the few things I disliked in SAO.

(*) Stands for "Must-Have"

Also, I've watched Steins;Gate and Tokyo Ravens.

-Overall:- Fits the Action/Romance genre, but the show isn't all about romance. There's this main theme that stands above all (like SAO = completing the game / GC = saving the world) but the MC finds love in the eyes of the female deuteragonists.

You would definitely have my dearest gratitude IF you gave a small summary/explanation for your picks...
So, my anime-thirsty soul lies in your hands. Do you think you can help me? :/ (Please respond even if there are replies...)

-GhostzZz 8-)
GhostzzzDec 2, 2015 1:20 PM
Dec 2, 2015 5:00 AM

Sep 2012
Katanagatari. Because it meets everything you said.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2015 5:02 AM

Dec 2013
Zetsuen no Tempest
Dec 2, 2015 5:15 AM
Oct 2013
Mirai Nikki lol except male protagonist isn't badass
Dec 2, 2015 7:01 AM

Nov 2015
crest of the stars
banner of the stars
Dec 2, 2015 8:15 AM

Jan 2013
Zero no Tsukaima is exactly what you're looking for!
It does have a little bit of harem, tho. But it's even less than SAO, so it shouldn't be a big problem.

Dec 2, 2015 8:17 AM
Aug 2015
Tokyo Ghoul
Mirai nikki
Dec 2, 2015 8:19 AM

Sep 2009
Azeew said:
Zero no Tsukaima is exactly what you're looking for!
It does have a little bit of harem, tho. But it's even less than SAO, so it shouldn't be a big problem.

This, and none of the rest. Seriously, you guys are dumb~
Try Campione
Oda Nobunaga no Yabou
You'll like 'em
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Dec 2, 2015 12:35 PM

Sep 2014
The Legend of Condor Hero

and

Inuyasha+Inuyasha the Final Act
Dec 2, 2015 3:38 PM

Oct 2015
Bakuman -
It's not an action/romance anime, but it meets some of the requirements (*) you want. I finished the series in less than 3 days. (It's on your PTW)
MoikeeDec 2, 2015 6:00 PM
Dec 2, 2015 4:10 PM

Oct 2014
I think you'd enjoy Psycho-Pass (season 2 optional, though not recommended--dunno about the movie). It's more action than anything else in your requirements, but there is definitely chemistry between the hero and heroine of the series. Aesthetics are strong in this one.
Dec 2, 2015 5:38 PM
Nov 2015
Noragami
Parasyte
Steins Gate? (not action)
Plastic Memories? (not aciton)
Strike the Blood? (harem)
Dec 2, 2015 7:32 PM

Sep 2012
Mikeeyy_ said:
Bakuman -
It's not an action/romance anime, but it meets some of the requirements (*) you want. I finished the series in less than 3 days. (It's on your PTW)

You should ignore every other post on this thread and just watch Bakuman.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2015 7:37 PM

Jul 2014
I'll go out on a limb and say Ergo Proxy. It's a bit unusual but I think you'll like it. Akame Ga Kill!..?
I'll also say Psycho-Pass and Overlord.
Dec 3, 2015 1:43 AM

Feb 2013
http://myanimelist.net/anime/6203/Sasameki_Koto

better read in manga, as the story had more impact

another one probably gosick, dantalian no shoka, tales of symphonia, eden of the east,Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka,Allison to Lilia, even suisei no gargantia is seems somewaht fit it.
"Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, EVER cut a deal with a dragon."
Dec 3, 2015 4:00 AM

Aug 2012
Akatsuki no Yona (while technically classified as a reverse harem we all know it's totally Yona x Hak in the end game. Plus other than this one thing, it fits all your other requirements...)
Dec 3, 2015 4:18 AM

May 2009
Misopedia said:
Katanagatari. Because it meets everything you said.

^ This
Dec 3, 2015 4:32 AM

Jul 2013
Magi The Labyrinth of Magic
Nanatsu no Taizai
Dec 3, 2015 5:56 AM

May 2015
baka and test

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>

More topics from this board

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone sci-fi + fantasy?

Donkunsan - Yesterday

13 by SleepingBear »»
1 hour ago

» new season, need recommendations

silversaint - 12 hours ago

6 by DMind »»
7 hours ago

» Looking for any recommendations really

TabonyBoy - Apr 16

12 by PostMahouShoujo »»
8 hours ago

» Grim series for tonight

LoveYourEyes - Apr 1

15 by r3v3l3v3l »»
11 hours ago

» Anime similar to live-action action movies?

Skuletor - Yesterday

6 by Skuletor »»
Yesterday, 4:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.