3It was OK
16.3%
2Disliked it
5.2%
1Hated it
3.2%
Average 4.1
343 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 23, 2009 7:50 PM
May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, the ending felt incredibly rushed, but I guess that is to be expected since the manga wasn't finished at the time. I guess overall it felt a little bit half-assed, since most questions went unanswered.

Hopefully the OVAs work better.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jan 22, 2010 11:08 PM

Feb 2009
Really enjoyed watching this series, would like for a few more questions to be answered but I will take what I can get, kind of sad that part of the fight was clipped and I couldn't tell what was going on, and I would like to know what Integra decideds to get Alucard to do, and we never got to find out what the ceremony Integra thought she would be involved in was.

Looking forward to watching hellsing ultimate.
Feb 10, 2010 10:11 AM

Aug 2009
Well, this was an interesting series to watch. However, it was kind of a sucky story and the only good character was Alucard. I'll see how the OVA's turn out.
Feb 18, 2010 8:07 AM

Aug 2009
Manga have some fine moment and its black humour was smart. But where is it in this anime? We have absurd, awful story with many inconsistency. Don't shot a anime when manga isn't complete! I'm disappointed in Gonzo tottally.
Mar 31, 2010 5:51 PM

Nov 2009
NOOO its the end =( (except 4 all the extra stuff XD) aww i wonder what happened 2 that 1 vampire who almost DESTROYED the WHOLE Hellsing organization. . .aww well... i hope theres gonna be a second season or something... hehe anyway this anime was AWESOME!!! lol i new Alicard was gonna win X3 and im glad the police girl and Walter were fine =) AWESOME EPI!!! >.<
May 19, 2010 11:39 PM

Apr 2010
I don't think there was much to wonder about except for what Alucard was asking Integra about. I think he was asking her if she wanted to be a vampire lol. Of course, I could be completely WRONG, but who knows xD

~Glad Walter is alive! :3

May 26, 2010 11:59 AM

Feb 2010
KitaTsuki said:
I don't think there was much to wonder about except for what Alucard was asking Integra about. I think he was asking her if she wanted to be a vampire lol. Of course, I could be completely WRONG, but who knows xD

Yeah, that'd be my guess, too, since he had asked her a few episodes prior.
It's not breaking in if the door is unlocked.

May 29, 2010 11:42 AM

Feb 2009
First of all this is not my kind of thing, as it was so popular I decided to give it a try. Overall it was a pretty entertaining and decent anime, but it lacked some coherence in the plot and more interesting characters. Alucard easily steals the show and gives it an extra point. 7/10 which means I liked it.
Oct 7, 2010 4:32 AM

Oct 2008
Alucard is badass.

Will be watching Ultimate.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Oct 22, 2010 1:17 PM
Sep 2009
my mind is still orgaming over the end, just.... just woah. intense, epic, words cannot describe t3h w1|\|5. level 1 ctivated l337 sp33k 3|\|4bl3D
Jun 19, 2011 8:14 PM

Dec 2009
I have to admit I had better expectations, but the series were enjoyable anyway, I will watch Ultimate now.
Jul 11, 2011 7:11 PM

Dec 2010
So this was the last original episode. Well, the battle was epic, there's no doubt about it, and this episode shares first place with ep 12. Maybe this was the only episode where the OST was OK. Ending was bit of confusing, though.

So lets get to the point...

1. Characters. +1 - How can't I score the characters, when we get to see real badasses like Alucard and the Priest! Still, I didn't like many of em', like Integra, Seres(she reminded mi of kitten at all the time >.<), the bad guys and so on.
2. Atmosphere. NO! Well, yeah. Yeah, they tried to make some kind of gloomy atmosphere. It's not like it felt horrible, but nothing more than getting on my nerves most of the time. Really, it's not rare for anime to have much better atmosphere.
3. OST. NO! Most of the OST was put horribly wrong, and most of it was just getting on my nerves. It's rare for me not to like some anime's OST >.<
4. Animation. +1 - Even though the quality itself wasn't something really good, I think this animation was just what such an anime needs.
5. Background story. NO! Wait, we actually didn't got any background story, and I think this anime needed it.
6. Storyline. NO! Can't be helped, most of the story was just wrong. In many episodes nothing happened for real, and we were focused mainly on the battles(when we had the chance to get any).
7. Ending. +1 I don't really know why I'm giving score here, maybe just not to get the overall score too low. Or maybe it's just that I like confusing and undecisive endings.
8. Fight scenes. +1 Well, if this anime deserves a real score, it will probably get it because of the fights. Yeah, they weren't too many, but when we got any, most of them were done quite well.
9. Drama. NO! Wait, we didn't get any drama at all, and I really think that most of the animes needs some of it, or it looks more like childish anime than anything else.
10. Overall feeling. +1. I really expected something more, it's quite famous amongst the otakus... At all the time, while watching this, I felt like something is missing - and this wasn't fixed even at the ending. Still, the mysteries made me go through all of it. And mysteries is what it's all about, isn't it? Long as I feel unsatisfied I can continue on watching any anime. Combined with Alucard's character and the Vatican Priest(I'm still waiting for decisive battle between the two of them) this gets point here.
Bonus(extra) point for:... +1. Well, how can't I not give point to the Vatican Priest - he was just badass, I still feel like he could beat the crap out of Alucard at some point(wait, did he made slight appearance in episode 13?)

Overall score: 6/10. Whoah, this hardly got over 5. I really expected to score it at least 7/10 or 8/10 at the end(these were my worst expectations), but probably this is why I must not get high expectations just because some anime is overhyped. Still, it was fun while it lasted, OVAs are coming next and then Ultimate - let's hope they'll get some better score(yeah, some animes saw worse score in my list, just see the 4/10 Sengoku Basara :D).
Aug 21, 2011 5:25 PM

Apr 2008
Yeah, imagine that, you give low scores..

Anywho - Hellsing was just what I expected it to be. Alucard's awesomeness is what keeps me wanting more.
Sep 25, 2011 2:38 PM

Aug 2010
well i gotta say this felt very weak compared to the OVAs (I've been watching the OVAs before the series so yeah...) and for me Hellsing Ultimate is the way Hellsing should've been.

6/10, the end felt rushed (almost every 13 eps series are so not that much of a surprise) and also the story was kinda weak (Maybe if I hadn't watched Hellsing Ultimate first I wouldn't be so hard on it).
Jun 9, 2012 11:07 PM

Nov 2011
Ah, half endings...still though, this made me start watching vampire themed series again. Classic, just classic.
Jun 12, 2012 2:09 AM

Mar 2012
pretty good series but could have been better..time for ultimte!!
Aug 24, 2012 12:48 PM

Mar 2010
felt kinda rushed well thats what happends when u dont finish the manga first,
overall its a great anime and probably the best vampire anime ever.
8/10
its time for ultimate!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 1, 2012 10:38 AM

Oct 2012
This was good..However the plot wasn't so organized..I guess I'd rate it a 7/10..
However the action and the sound were plenty awesomeness
Waiting for ultimate to be completed.. :D
-------Only God will judge me --------

iSignature
Dec 11, 2012 6:48 AM

Feb 2012
A 6 is given for the series,I realized they wont give us a good ending since episode 11,too much to be covered,and no time to cover it,so they just gave us some action and left it opened,oh well,ultimate will compensate for this.
Mar 7, 2013 9:48 AM
Sep 2011
Soundtrack said:
Well, this was an interesting series to watch. However, it was kind of a sucky story and the only good character was Alucard. I'll see how the OVA's turn out.

i totally agree Alucard was only good character and story wasnt not even close good as i though it will be
Apr 2, 2013 2:04 PM

Feb 2012
Now these are vampires. I wasn't expecting much from the original Hellsing since I've heard that Hellsing Ultimate was far better but I was still pleasantly surprised with thr series and still enjoyed it. Alucard is a bad ass.
Jun 3, 2013 9:53 AM

Dec 2012
I had high expectations and I was a little bit disappointed :(
I hope Hellsing Ultimate will be better.
I loved Alucard though. One of the best characters I have seen so far.
Aug 13, 2013 10:51 PM

May 2013
Overall, 7/10.

Like everybody said, ending was BS'd and the scenes didn't flow together all too well :/
I kind of wanted to see more of Victoria's vampire side go crazy again but oh well.
Also, I felt the characters could've used more depth so that we can connect to them more. Like Walter's backdrop and how he fit into Integra's past or more on Helena b/c I really liked her. But yeah, that's all I have to say.

Hellsing is a pretty good series. Not what I expected from hearing about its rep and all the praise and glory, but still pretty good :)
Aug 14, 2013 10:07 PM

Nov 2012
kinda confuse with the ending. but okay.. (7/10)
Aug 22, 2013 6:09 PM

Dec 2012
anime seemed to really drag but ending was pretty good
Sep 12, 2013 9:22 PM

Jul 2013
Well,it was a quite different and unpleasant journey for me,yet I didn't like it.
Animation was bad,there are so many unanswered questions and pacing was damn slow.
Even the opening was suck!!!
ArchmenSep 22, 2013 9:56 AM
Sep 20, 2013 3:43 PM

Jun 2012
I watched this because someone recommended it to me. The first few episodes were pretty good, but after a short while (the part where Seras drinks blood for the first time after becoming a vampire seemed to be the trigger point) the anime just started dragging on and became far less interesting. This continued all the way up to the end, with the pretty lame and anti-climactic fight between Incognito and Alucard. Yes, the fight was flashy, but that's about it, and I had a very hard time finding any reasons to legitimately care about what was happening.

I'll give Ultimate a try though, since (according to the internet) it succeeded in all the places that this anime failed. I usually don't give MAL ratings too much merit, but the 8.75 rating for Ultimate seems like a noticeable difference from the 7.74 that this got.

5/10 from me. It was OK, it had a bit of potential, but in the end it's a pretty forgettable experience that I can't recommend to anyone.
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Sep 21, 2013 8:50 PM

Aug 2010
Agreed. I was told not to watch this version and just watch ultimate, but I already had this on my computer so why not?
Oct 23, 2013 5:57 PM

Jan 2013
Enjoyed a lot this series.
The ending was very cool.
Alucard is probably one of the most OP characters of anime :D
Hopefully Walter is alive as Victoria also as Integra.
So i will give this anime probably 8/10
Didn't exepcted to like so much this anime.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 4, 2013 11:41 AM

May 2012
Pretty decent ending I really wonder what the OVA's have to offer but in general this small but really great anime packed with action and epicness sure was good!
Dec 9, 2013 6:39 AM

Mar 2012
Will give this anime a 7/10, the ending felt unfinished, hope Ultimate will be better.And I liked the OST :3
Jul 7, 2014 11:31 PM

Sep 2013
i expected it to be lame but it wasreally good, i'm in love with alucard

the ost is probably one of the best i've heard, the story was rushed and for some reason schrodinger didn't appear, but it was still really good

9/10

Jul 22, 2014 12:53 AM

Oct 2013
Well... I dunno what to rate this. I really liked these last two episodes; it was a great climax and a good ending. But episodes 7-11 were hard to push through for the most part.

I guess I'll give it a 5/10. When in doubt, rate down, I always say. This isn't bad or unwatchable by any means, and it has some cool things going for it, but I guess the hazy plot really drags it down. Normally I much prefer plot continuity ahead of episodic anime, so it's saying something that I thought Hellsing's episodic episodes were much better - actually, Hellsing really succeeded in that matter. Oh well...

I like Victoria, by the way. She not the most innovative character, but I like her. Alucard is obviously the only real reason to watch this, though, true.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 2, 2014 9:14 AM
Jun 2013
Felt a bit rushed with the traitor not being shown and who was incognitos master. I also find it funny seras was suppose to die from blood loss but she turned out fine. Even with alot left open still a good watch.
Dec 17, 2014 6:20 PM

Apr 2012
oh look he didn't die, fancy that.

Started off promising but the second half of this series devolved into a generic action anime, with the characters and plot an afterthought. Never a good sign when you close your storylines with a few frames of oh-by-the-way.

Didn't help I seem to be the only person to really hate Alucard as a MC :P (STOP SAYING BAD ASS! !!!!)

At least there's Ultimate...
Dec 21, 2014 9:50 AM

Jan 2014
Pretty decent ending...

Overall:Even when "Hellsing" isn't the deepest anime ever made, it is a very good series with enough good qualities to deserve appreciation.
7/10
Dec 24, 2014 5:45 PM

Apr 2014
alucard you beast.
Jan 14, 2015 9:42 AM

Apr 2013
Rushed last episode, I give the series overall a 7/10. I liked it but there was some flaws. Will watch the OVA too :)
May 28, 2015 1:56 AM
May 2015
Alright I'm a bit late to the part but I just finished watching this series today. Overall I'd give the series a 7/10. It is a great show and definitely has some interesting characters and plot lines, I just feel as though they didn't really do the best job at times at exploring them.
I love the tone of the whole series and Alucard is an absolute beast!
All in all I really enjoyed this episode and the whole series in general though I feel like the series left more questions unanswered than answered.

Now I'm onto Hellsing Ultimate!
Jun 2, 2015 7:34 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I just love and will always love this anime.
No matter how many times I rewatch it, it's still great *-*

Aug 19, 2015 4:18 PM

Dec 2009
So, final episode of the TV version of Hellsing.

I'll try not to go very in-depth on this, but it's needless to say that the ending itself was kind of unacceptable. The entire story was based on the origin of the freak chips. How were they produced? Who is behind it? What was his motive? We get none of these questions answered at all. Just a fight with the 'I'll destroy all' puppet of the mastermind that we never meet.

Integra is in prison, even though the traitor (hey! another character that had a great influence and still remained completely anonymous) was caught and thus the Hellsing Organization should obviously be deemed innocent. So I didn't quite understand that. We also get no information about what happened to Seras or Walter after the event.

Lastly, the fight with Incognito. It was good and definitely felt over-the-top, which suits the world of Hellsing, but some aspects of it confused me. Did I really see a floating tower at some point during a lightning strike? What the hell was that all about. It also showed a giant crater that shouldn't even have been there, so that was really strange to me. I also didn't understand how exactly Alucard won at the end. He passed Incognito, suddenly they both had a hole in their bodies and... then Alucard has white glowing hair, melts silver from the cross right on top of his broken gun that shouldn't even be able to fire and there you go. Victory. Even though Incognito previously had abilities against silver bullets.

So in reality, what we end up with is an incoherent half-told story that had no real conclusion. I have nothing against an alternative take on an existing plot, but this could have been handled better. Otherwise, the characters, fights, art style and soundtrack save this from being average. 6/10.

Curious to see what Hellsing Ultimate has to offer!
Nuky93Aug 19, 2015 4:25 PM
Jul 12, 2016 1:40 PM

Jul 2012
Underwhelming compared to Hellsing Ultimate. However, I watched this with the dub, and Crispin Freeman's voice for Alucard compensates for a multitude of faults in the original cast - Him and Bill Morgan Sheppard as Peter Fargason - it's a shame that they couldn't find a role for him in Hellsing Ultimate's dub.
Nov 14, 2016 8:43 AM

Jan 2013
Ending was kinda cool.

Series as a whole felt a bit bland, some parts were cool but others felt random at times.
Was kind of all over the place.
Unfortunately a 6/10.

I'm sure Ultimate is going to be a blast to watch, or at least I hope so.
Feb 5, 2017 5:10 AM

Feb 2017
looked like a good start but then they started using this amen shit too many times.

That interga cocky woman that can only talk but when she is in a bad situation she screams for arucard

5/10
Feb 21, 2017 11:14 AM

May 2016
The ending was really Vague I need to read then manga for more info if you ask me, but there also an OVA Hellsing Ultimate I hope my unanswered question will be answered there.
Aug 15, 2017 8:53 AM
Aug 2017
Lol, that Vlad the Impaler though.
Oct 13, 2017 12:24 AM

Feb 2010
I do quite like this series. But the storyline was..weird. There were multiple scenes I had to go back because I wasn't sure what was going on. And a lot of things I didn't understand. I'm honestly not even complete sure what the plot really was XD
The ending felt very rushed as well.
But I idid enjoy watching it and I have to say I loved the characters. Most characters were extremely likable and very cool. I ended up with a 7/10. I thought I would like it more since horror is like my favorite genre but I'm fine with it not being perfect.
I would say the characters 9/10. I liked the characters more than the story.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Oct 25, 2018 10:20 PM

Jul 2013
Prefer this to Hellsing Ultimate, Wish it would have got 24 episodes. I really miss old animation like this, it makes for a truly immersive setting. The music is 10/10 easily and the voice work is 10/10 as well. Ultimate was a bit silly in my opinion.
Oct 25, 2018 10:24 PM
Jul 2018
Fucking alucard is still alive, but a sequel without Anderson, is SHIT :(
Dec 2, 2018 1:02 PM
Jul 2018
That was quite underwhelming finale tbh. Overall this show was just average for me and had a lot of grips like ep7-11 had very little story the show was somehow streching the content. Also surprisingly initially I was more invested on Victoria's character than Alucard (who was pulling off random powers) but unfortunately the show didn't develop her character well on later episodes.

The best thing about this show was the music which alone worth the watch for me.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hellsing Episode 8 Discussion

KillthisAccount - Dec 22, 2009

33 by liliyoa »»
Yesterday, 10:18 PM

Poll: » Hellsing Episode 4 Discussion

KillthisAccount - Dec 21, 2009

31 by liliyoa »»
Apr 16, 11:48 PM

Poll: » Hellsing Episode 12 Discussion

KillthisAccount - Dec 23, 2009

31 by bubba460z »»
Feb 25, 10:12 AM

Poll: » Hellsing Episode 11 Discussion

KillthisAccount - Dec 23, 2009

28 by bubba460z »»
Feb 25, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Hellsing Episode 10 Discussion

chrisosaurus - Jan 22, 2010

35 by bubba460z »»
Feb 25, 9:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.