Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 2, 2010 4:24 AM

Jun 2007
As horrible as the 1st season was, they really did a wonderful job on the second season. The ending tied everything in perfectly but also left a few things open for us to guess about. For example the igniter floating in the 3rd dimension's space even though all of dimension 1's things where supposed to disappear. The evil ice women giving Takuma Higuchi what looks like a club membership and the possibility that they might like each other. Takaya Kagakagari still alive on that island...etc.

It was definitely worth the watch. The only thing I could have asked for would be to make Kurogane look better after the upgrades but o well.
Jan 11, 2010 11:47 AM

May 2009
Nice and happy ending for everyone and a pretty good fight as well. Better than the first season.
Jan 11, 2010 1:42 PM
Aug 2009
ok though i really did like season two, the ending is kinda pokemon style everything is good XD other then the in my opinion b-rated ending i really did love this anime. Both seaon 1 and 2.
Jan 11, 2010 10:03 PM
Jan 2009
know what I think?

Tomoharu really should have died... annoying f*%k that he was...

then Misao could have made a yuri harem for herself out of Shuri/Yukari, Nia and Kanade...

now THAT would have been anime worth watching!!
Jan 15, 2010 11:37 PM
Jul 2009
Happy ending for most. Thank goodness they didn't use the igniter to do something like bringing back every character that died for a super happy ending. That would have really ruined it for me.

Also thought Tomo would eventually sacrifice himself or something of that nature.

Really liked the series. The first half almost pales in comparison. Don't know how they could have made this a series a 10 in my book but it was entertaining enough for a 9.
Jan 18, 2010 5:23 AM

May 2008
1st season was absolute fail however necessary in order to get the much better paced and conclusive 2nd season. Well, one more for the completed list. overall i gave a 5/10

Its a shame tomo didnt choose to stick with misao, and kanade can go die NAO!
seeying nia back to loli was fun to see again.

oh and ...wow,how it's actually done. All the baddies were beaten, every character got their epilogue and there's really nothing left. perfect ending lol
Jan 22, 2010 11:58 PM

Jun 2008
Well isn't that nice everyone gets a happy ending and everything is nice and dandy.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

This isn't how it should have ended at the very least the fucking idiot Tokiya and his stupid bitch should have died. I mean srsly WHAT THE FUCK, also Misao should not have been brought back to life, ITS OBVIOUS that Tomoharu would choose Kanade.

OVERALL HERE IS WHAT I THINK:

+1 for a great season full of twist and turns and leaving us wanting more after every episode.

+1 finally the main character doesn't choose the "childhood friend" (what ever anyone is saying ITS FUCKING OBVIOUS its Kanade)

+1 for giving us bad guys who can actually KILL good guys

+1 for explaining all the nonsense that was season 1

+1 for genuinely trying at giving us an exciting anime without it being over-the-top predictable

now here's the bad:

-1 for not killing anyone at the end (happy ending for everyone is not the way to go)

-1 for actually giving Misao a chance at the end

-1 for making the bad guy into a "reformed bad guy" at the end

-1 for making the bad guy so fucking irritating and a fucking idiot

-1 making us believe that this would end in an "EPIC" dare I say TTGL style ending.

However, overall I can't complain too much this is way better than a lot of other endings and S2 really was exciting and enjoyable. 8/10
Jan 27, 2010 9:03 PM

Jul 2009
Oosran said:
No but seriously, 11eyes was way worse. It contained Yuka, can't get worse than that.
Oh well, I'll just respect that there are actually people of different opinion than me ಠ_ಠ

I actualy enjoyed Yuka lol, mentaly unstable people make me smile :P
I watched Utakata because of the second half of the show where whats-her-name was trying to kill people lol (im fairly sure that was ment to be a girls show and you were ment to be sad that shes going evil, but that was the high point in the show for me lol)

I say that not enough people died, or acleast where hospitalized.. after having most of her soul destroyed, Misao should of acleast needed to spend some time recovering.. also, wouldnt there be more drama from a ghost suddenly comming back to life? what ever happened to when tomo was wanted by the cops? why didnt they interview and ask why his house reappered? and why did they just accept it when misao became visible and there was just simply a ghost haunting tomo? why didnt they call the ghost busters? and mid-fight, hagane and kurogane went threw the gate to the third world.. wouldnt that make them both demons nulling their contracts during that time period weakening them?.. thar is lots of plotholes lol
Jan 29, 2010 5:51 AM

Jul 2009
Lol i really like when people bashing an anime because no one dies XD, people these days really love to see someone died do they XD

Oh well just some rants..why the hell they still call Tokiya "president" until the end of series..seriously, even after he tried to destroy their world Pfftt..

And why the hell Nia turn into a loli again..Noo

7/10 as a token of my appreciation for Misao who sacrifice herself TWICE both her from first world and second world for that guy..yeah that guy..jeez

Ahh feeling better after releasing so much from marathon this since season 1..
Jan 29, 2010 7:15 AM

Jan 2009
Laevantein said:
Indeed, noooooo (屮゚Д゚)屮
Tbh, I prefer grown-up Nia to even Misao, and that says alot really, since Misao was the best character in the whole series (¬_¬)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 29, 2010 7:22 AM

Jul 2009
Oosran said:
Laevantein said:
Indeed, noooooo (屮゚Д゚)屮
Tbh, I prefer grown-up Nia to even Misao, and that says alot really, since Misao was the best character in the whole series (¬_¬)
Man i agree with you..Misao is the reason i continue on watching it..and grown-up Nia is great too, but in my eyes she hasn't beaten Misao
Feb 7, 2010 12:00 PM

Mar 2009
Disappointment. Total and utter disappointment. First season fails, but second season is an abomination of fail contradicting the first.

http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=55825 If you really want to know anything about the plot.
Feb 8, 2010 5:10 PM

Jan 2010
Many people doesn't like happy endings, but they are much better that enings, where the half of main characters dies, and the main character becomes homeless or disabled.

In general, I like this anime. It certainly does not pull on the masterpiece, as some, but it also is not the sad shit, as many animes in our days )
Feb 18, 2010 6:43 AM

Feb 2007
I thought the series over all sucked. Season 1 was outright terrible and season 2 for the most part was generic and below average but it was better than what s1 had offered. The show had too many plot threads and too many contradicting plot holes. Only good part was the final battle which was surprisingly well animated. The fact that everyone got a happy ending and no-one really died was bs. I don't mind happy endings but when they totally ignore what has happened before hand and reset the status quo, it just irks me. Eureka 7 had a wonderful happy ending, so did Heroic Age, they took into account the changes in plot and made a happy end around that - AC just ignores everything and continues to plod along at the same generic harem pace its had.

6/10 Only because I like angela's OP and ED music.

Mar 7, 2010 6:34 PM
Nov 2009
The ending is good, happily ever after, but it miss an extra competent male character (since the beginning), because there are two girl, and the protagonist itself confused over choosing which one.

Actually, i prefer ending Tokiya Kagayaki with a knife in his eye because he's a real bastard and killed off some of the major characters and planned to implode the universe.
Oh yeah, the "knife in the eye" sounds familiar to you? if you don't, play and beat Modern Warfare 2!
Similarity: Both was a former superior (Kagayaki's a chief of the science club before going into his own way (understatement), and Shepherd the chief of Task Force 141 before he disbanded it himself (understatement... again) and form Shadow Company.
Kagayaki shots Yukari and First World Tomoharu to death, Yoh and Shuri was shot too, but survived. Shepherd shot the main Task Force 141 character Roach and Ghost the skull-mask commando of Task Force 141. Notice the similarities?

And for Kagakagari, for his attempt to crash a plane full of highschoolers in the end of the first season, he deserves some beating and a bullet in the forehead just like.... The end of the first half of Modern Warfare (Call of Duty 4) will tell you.
Similarity: Al-asad nukes an entire city full of US Army, Zakhaev threatens to launch nukes (fortunately disabled by SAS-USMC Joint Operation), costing the live of 30000 US Army in Al-asad hands, and Griggs and Gaz being shot by Zakhaev.
Kagakagari attempts to crash a plane full of highschoolers and fortunately failed, at the cost of the cute little Aine.
Mar 8, 2010 3:56 AM

Jul 2009
OMFG! It's so f*cking epic!!! Because of this ep my score of this show rises to 9/10! I can't find words to explain this awesome insane fighting between Kurogane and Hagane. O_O That's why I love this show!

I'm really glad that Tomo saved Touru. That was unexpected. I thought that Touru will die and I'm already has prepared to fall in deep depression... Awwwww, thanks God Touru was saved T_T

But there were other unexpected things! Misao also was saved! *Yay!* I hope in the end Tomo choose Misao ~_~
And lol - Nia come back to child form)))
Hiwako in Rakurowa High School Club now O_O... I'm glad that she hasn't died, because I like her ^_^

It is pleasant to me, when in the end show what happens with all characters. As a result - very nice happy ending for show like this (because it's full of sadness and deaths). Second season is many times better, than the first.
May 17, 2010 6:22 AM

Aug 2009
garfield15 said:

-Really wish Tomo had just picked one in the end but it was rather cute and probably the only anime that does a "choose one" ending that didn't piss me the hell off. (Word of advice Tomo, go for the Harem End like Alto did in Macross Frontier).

I have to agree, I think when they held their hands out he should have grabbed both of their hands.
Jun 2, 2010 7:26 PM
Jan 2009
2nd season was a lot better than first. The Nia shrink was funnnyyy.
Not EVERYTHING from first world disappeared :), the house blew up in first season remember? It got sent from 1st world and didn't go away. They screwed up on that one lol
Aug 22, 2010 10:27 AM

Jul 2010
I'm glad this series if over. I want the hours i spent on it back.
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Dec 17, 2010 9:46 AM

Sep 2007
I agree with ezikialrage

tsubasalover said:

Well the old man said he was from the first world and travelled to time. I guess he either went back to the first world or just ''died'' sort of - was just erased from the 2nd world.
I kill a man, I am an assassin; I kill millions, I am a conqueror; I kill everybody, I am a god
Dec 31, 2010 8:45 AM
Jul 2008
Does anyone know where the story is at this point and what the big differences are compared to the light novel?
Oct 11, 2011 8:05 PM

Jul 2010
well finally its all over, it took a hell of a long time to get here.
seriously he should have just took both of their hands, even if he decided on one of them anyway.
i really hate though how they mad the bad guy at the end still alive but in a wheel chair. what is this, hitman reborn?
setvenx said:
Disappointment. Total and utter disappointment. First season fails, but second season is an abomination of fail contradicting the first.

[url=http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=55825]http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=55825 If you really want to know anything about the plot.

read it and liked it, but the person commenting on it is also rite.

Feb 2, 2012 9:45 PM

Oct 2010
Ok the good part is that it concluded. Unless they want to pull off a rom/com/harem spin-off -.-
The inconsistencies of this show where so great... specially in the second seasons.

Overall both seasons get a 7/10 - but dam sometime this made me face-palm so hard
huh?
Apr 13, 2012 8:36 AM

Jun 2011
choyos said:
Overall both seasons get a 7/10 - but dam sometime this made me face-palm so hard

lol so true

I'd have gone with the same scores, but I definately liked the first season more (surprised that most people say otherwise), so I was like 7/10 for the first part and 6/10 for the second season (which respectively means "average" and "average -1" on my list).
Sep 16, 2012 2:54 AM

Mar 2010
Tomo didn't choose Misao and that's sad... But as long as he doesn't choose Kanade I can be happy...

As for happy ending...
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Oct 22, 2012 9:41 AM

Nov 2007
I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed this anime! The ending really reminded me of the final battle in Tales of Symphonia. What was with the phonograph tho?

Nov 15, 2012 10:33 PM

Jun 2012
this was really good, but they could've put a little more detail in it, it could easily made 20 episodes
Jan 18, 2013 3:10 AM
Jul 2018
Well, it's over. I really enjoyed the last episode. I thought the ending was really good. Everything felt really wrapped up. I can't really find anything major left that HAS to be explained. I managed to keep up with the terms and story the whole series, so i'm pretty happy with that. Everything is finally back to normal.

Overall, the second season was MUCH better than the first. I still liked the first season, unlike most people here, but it really pales in comparison to the second. If this series ever gets licensed for release in the US, I would buy, just for the second season. This is really the first mecha series that i've really liked, considering they aren't technically mechs, and no one is really piloting them.

For now, my score of the first season stands at 7. However, the second season definitely gets an 8 from me. I really liked this series when it was taking itself seriously. There was just too many lighter fan-service moments peppered throughout the series (mostly in the first half) to give it a higher score than 8. I didn't feel like this series balanced that and serious stuff all that well. Something felt off about it to me. There is small possibly the second season score will get raised to a 9 in the future, but probably not. I still really enjoyed this series, and i'm glad I watched it.
Mar 17, 2014 3:05 AM
Jul 2013
after all the things Tokiya and Tohru did, they get a happy ending. i can atleast sympathize with Tokiya's madness in order to regain his love but Tohru is just evil to the core. She killed her own sister to get her boyfriend but because he isn't a bastard that would just move on to the next girl, she decided to suppress her guilt by helping him in this madness and she gets everything wanted in the end. that is just wrong. she should have disappeared and mr four eyes should have been crippled and left looking into nothingness in a psych ward.
Apr 24, 2014 4:24 PM

Mar 2014
The second season really surprised me. I remember thinking about halfway through this season: At what point did this become a decent show.

The first season was absolutely horrible and had mistakes on too many levels. The story was interesting from start to finish but the execution ruined almost all of it. That being said, while the execution in the second season wasn't good, it was substantially better than the first season. I can actually say that I enjoyed the second season. (some of the enjoyment did come from watching its flaws.)

Don't get me wrong the show is still overwhelmingly mediocre: almost every emotional scene (save the ones towards the end) were poorly executed and rushed (it also didn't help that I couldn't care less about the characters). There were also a number of things they made a big deal about in the plot but completely forgot about later (one example is misao levitating and everyone acting like it was completely normal. Another example was from the second season when natsume's friend picks him up from school and casually comments how his house reappeared.)

The powers of everyone were inconsistent, but not as bad as other shows ive seen so that is not a big gripe for me. The also pulled Dues ex machina twice in a row at the end (saving Touru and misao) but at this point I really didn't care. Maybe because all their other mistakes or because I was impressed that the show improved.

Was enjoying the second season worth suffering through the first season? No.

It may be different for each person but I cannot give this a stamp of approval.

But that's just one opinion.
But that's just one opinion.
Sep 25, 2014 1:58 PM

May 2012
A way better ending than the first season and in all these last few episodes were pretty good, so all in all it upped the series for me by just a couple points, but in general it was still very weak and I'm not sure how this anime has such a high score either... oh well all in all for this franchise a 4.5/10
May 7, 2016 7:21 PM

Mar 2016
Turbe said:
wow im actually surprised how well they closed this series... even though I think it wasn't interesting at all. Anyways I liked how tomo was like "I want to save the first world" than they learn that using the igniter would erase the other worlds... kinda pointless don't ya think?

I didn't get the ending but I never was really interested enough to understand everything either.

The igniter only destroys the other worlds if the igniter is used in anything other than the original world it was created for.
The first season was definitely worse than the second, but the second was pretty bad for the first few episodes as well. It gets a 7.5 in my books.
About the open ending, ma boi has Shuri(Yukari, whichever you prefer), Nia (just gotta wait them years), Misao and Kanade. Pretty much guaranteed all those will live together ._.
ElusiveLightMay 7, 2016 7:25 PM
Oct 1, 2018 6:00 PM

Jun 2011
I actually don't mind that he didn't choose one, or plan to have both Misao and Kanade, what ticks me off is the fact that he chose Kanade just about few episodes ago and he couldn't make up his mind now..

Second season should have been the first season, all that filler in the first season would've been much better if it came after they had briefly explained what the story is about.

Not gonna lie, the second season is rather enjoyable. The middle part of the second season is really good, but the last third of the second season felt like it wasn't even taking itself seriously with all the random ass pull, unintentionally funny moments in serious situation, etc. It's still okay but season 1 left too much of a stain to fully enjoy this.

OP and ED are great as usual, as well as the OST. The beginning of the first ED of this season reminds me so much of angela's Coppelion OP/ED, another anime with great OST but terrible story..

The characters are also pretty terrible in this show. Most of their struggles are pretty good but sometimes there's this really comical moments that really just make it all seem like a big joke and you just shake your head in disbelief.

This had potential, if they didn't leave us in the dark for the entire first 13 episodes, it was quite a drag to go through those episodes when they could've easily just swapped part of season 2 into season 1 and make the whole thing clearer before going on their journey to get their alliances. Wasted potential.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 29, 2019 6:29 PM

Mar 2016
Re-watched: I think I enjoyed this just as much as the first watch. Fun show with a likable cast of characters that are never annoying. Not sure why everyone chooses to shit all over the first season... this series being a little convoluted, in a chuuni sort of way, is a big part of its charm. That episode with the fucking talent show, or whatever that was, was definitely the best of the series. I always thought the action in this show was pretty decently directed, but this final episode was a blast to watch. Appreciated that self-awareness on Misao's part at the end.

Kanade best girl. Rikka next best.
syncrogazerSep 29, 2019 6:36 PM
Dec 11, 2023 9:39 PM

Dec 2022
So the three genocidal sadists were spared. While I understand that isn't unusual for anime villains; Tooru, Hiwako and Tokiya being killed like they deserved to be would've given this anime a singular unique aspect to it. In lieu of that, this anime has nothing going for it. The shallow characters, repetition of episode formulas, horrible artstyle, nonsensical asspull-infested plot and lack of any creativity make it a lame watch. Why the rating is so high is beyond my comprehension.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Asura Cryin' 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HawthorneKitty - Nov 18, 2009

55 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 11, 2023 6:21 PM

Poll: » Asura Cryin' 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HawthorneKitty - Nov 11, 2009

67 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 11, 2023 5:44 PM

Poll: » Asura Cryin' 2 Episode 12 Discussion

Riveiraland - Dec 16, 2009

36 by Mionyo »»
May 31, 2023 9:52 PM

Poll: » Asura Cryin' 2 Episode 5 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Oct 28, 2009

31 by ElusiveLight »»
May 7, 2016 4:21 PM

Poll: » Asura Cryin' 2 Episode 4 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 22, 2009

38 by Ginjiro »»
Jan 13, 2015 1:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.