Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 1, 2015 12:14 AM
Jul 2018
Hello MAL.
I composed a little music for Christmas and stuff :

It's about Santa's sleigh ride in Blue Town.
It's pretty jazzy, with some symphonic vibes. I was mainly influenced by Bill Evans, Michel Legrand and Leroy Anderson.
It's also very perfectible, but I still hope you like it.
Dec 1, 2015 12:28 AM
Dec 1, 2015 12:38 AM
Jul 2018
Ardanaz said:
Sounds pretty good ^^

Thanks very much ! =]
Dec 1, 2015 9:13 AM
Jul 2018
Hey Cartox, such a wonderful waltz! (correct me if I'm wrong)
And again, I like those kinds of unexpected endings, good idea.
Dec 1, 2015 9:17 AM

Jul 2012
I like it! Sounds like a great OST for a Christmas movie/cartoon!
Dec 1, 2015 9:21 AM
Jul 2018
kuuderu said:
Hey Cartox, such a wonderful waltz! (correct me if I'm wrong)
And again, I like those kinds of unexpected endings, good idea.

Hey kuuderu, thanks a lot !
You're too kind, but it's very much appreciated. =)
(and no need to correct you, it's a waltz indeed -in 6/8 contrary to the usual 3/4 waltz, but yeah, still a little waltz anyway).
Dec 1, 2015 9:23 AM
Jul 2018
mayukachan said:
I like it! Sounds like a great OST for a Christmas movie/cartoon!

Thanks Mayuka ! =D
Movie and cartoon atmosphere was definitely what I had in mind, so I'm glad it remind you these kind of vibes.
Dec 1, 2015 11:52 AM

May 2010
Wow nice song! It really gives a christmas feeling ! Could be easily used in an anime as background music ;) Great potential!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2015 5:05 PM
Jul 2018
Wadoria said:
Wow nice song! It really gives a christmas feeling ! Could be easily used in an anime as background music ;) Great potential!

A thousand thanks for your kind words, Wadoria !
Anime background music are usually far better imo (I have to work harder !) but I'm very glad you like it. ;)
Dec 1, 2015 6:25 PM

Apr 2013
I fucking love it when i find amateur composers that actually have a sense of what musical composition is. Most of the time you get idiots and their 4chord progressions, and a boring ass melody with little variation over the course of 5mins...

but here...

Shit. I love it man. Talk about being pleasantly surprised. Do you browse any composer/piano/music forums? There are quite a few with extremely competent musicians...you might be able to get some awesome tips and criticisms. Again, nice work man!

So, when are you going to post a lengthy solo version with an impromptu middle section? ;]
Dec 2, 2015 6:08 AM
Jul 2018
NudeBear said:
Talk about being pleasantly surprised.

Well, you took the words right out of my mouth !
I'm really surprised to see you here, and since I have an idea of your standards, I'm even more surprised that you liked what I did. Like, wow.
Your positive comment makes me really happy !

NudeBear said:
I fucking love it when i find amateur composers that actually have a sense of what musical composition is. Most of the time you get idiots and their 4chord progressions, and a boring ass melody with little variation over the course of 5mins...

LOL, I honestly think you feel that way because we share pretty similar musical values. I'm usually not really interested in those kind of "4 chords and easy pleasant melody" compositions because I get bored easily and I value a lot craftmanship, technical ability.
I'm far more impressed by the writing skills of a composer, than its sound design or audio mixing skills. The two usually go hand in hand for the best musicians, but if I had to choose, yeah, writing skills is what I prefer.
So yeah, I have a tremendous respect for the masters who dedicated all their life to wrote both beautiful and technically complex music, and even if I'm far from their level, I always try to look at them when I'm writing music. My influences are very diverse, but my role models are people who knew their stuff and wrote very colorful music (Ravel, Debussy, Walton, Prokofiev and a lot of other both "traditional" and innovative composers).
I think we share this taste for music with a good balance between the heart and the mind.

NudeBear said:
Do you browse any composer/piano/music forums? There are quite a few with extremely competent musicians...you might be able to get some awesome tips and criticisms. Again, nice work man!

I was a member of one composer forum before, but it was when I started music (in 2008). It was a french forum where I learned a lot from super talented composers (one of them is now a close friend of mine, he works for Ubisoft now), but sadly, I'm not into it anymore because it's kind of dead, now.
I'd like to know more forums like this, but I guess most of them are american, and I'm not confident about my english, lol.
So no, I don't browse these kind of forums but I'd like to.
(thanks very much btw !)

NudeBear said:
So, when are you going to post a lengthy solo version with an impromptu middle section? ;]

Haha, I'd love to do so but I think you overestimate me. I need to work more if want to do something like that. Ironically, even though the piano is my main instrument, my piano writing is just terrible.
Dec 2, 2015 2:14 PM

May 2014
This is pretty nice, it sounds like you ripped it off an old jazz record :D (That means its good)

The only criticism I have is that its too short where's my 2 hour version for Christmas eve?
I've been here way too long...
Dec 2, 2015 5:54 PM

Jun 2014
That sounds really nice. I really like it ^w^.
Dec 2, 2015 6:28 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Wow, the music is gorgeous. =D Going to share it with friends. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Came over here because I saw the word "blue" haha. Magnificent job.
Dec 2, 2015 7:39 PM

Nov 2015
Wow, that's very nice! Love the jazzeyness. This is my jam.

Keep it the good work, I'll be subscribing. xD

Dec 2, 2015 10:47 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I really like it! You're good; lots of potential. I really hope you go far with this.
I'm listening to your other works as well. Very impressive! ouo

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Dec 3, 2015 12:27 PM
Jul 2018
TheConquerer said:
This is pretty nice, it sounds like you ripped it off an old jazz record :D (That means its good)

The only criticism I have is that its too short where's my 2 hour version for Christmas eve?

The chord chart is very jazzy (with typical jazz chords progression), while the instrumentation and audio mix is inspired by some old 60/70's movies. So this is quite the compliment !

Lol, sorry, I'm usually pretty afraid at the thought that people may get bored with a 4mins composition, so I can't even imagine how I would feel with a 2 hour work...

SukiYume said:
That sounds really nice. I really like it ^w^.

Thanks, and glad you like it ! =]

MistyBlue said:
Wow, the music is gorgeous. =D Going to share it with friends. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Came over here because I saw the word "blue" haha. Magnificent job.

Music is meant to be shared so it's always pleasure (even more when it's appreciated by someone), and thanks to YOU.

Blue is the way, blue is life.

rshuttle1337 said:
Wow, that's very nice! Love the jazzeyness. This is my jam.

Keep it the good work, I'll be subscribing. xD

Thanks very much, sir ! Blue is a colour related to jazz, therefore jazz is the way, jazz is life.

Thanks for your support, I'll try to keep writing at least listenable music. =)

Swiggy said:
I really like it! You're good; lots of potential. I really hope you go far with this.
I'm listening to your other works as well. Very impressive! ouo

Thanks for all these compliments ! I don't know how far I can go to be honest, but if one day, I become capable of transcribing some glimpses of the world's beauty into something creative and colourful, I think I would then be one of the happiest man in the world.
Glad to know you listened some of my other little compositions ! =)
Dec 3, 2015 2:44 PM

Jul 2009
sounds awesome! ^^

Its christmassy but it has a warm feeling too! Not to mention it's a pretty amazing composition :) keep it up!
Dec 7, 2015 6:47 PM

Dec 2013
I'm just lurking around this section, and I found this!
Another great composition! You're impressive as always :)
Like the jazz feels into it

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Dec 7, 2015 6:49 PM
Oct 2015
Wow thats really good!
Dec 8, 2015 4:03 AM

Oct 2012
nice man! great for restaurants
My biggest regret is using my real name as my user name.

The continuous pursuit of finding that genuine thing.
Dec 8, 2015 12:45 PM
Jul 2018
Bacahill said:
sounds awesome! ^^

Its christmassy but it has a warm feeling too! Not to mention it's a pretty amazing composition :) keep it up!

As always, thanks a lot, Bacahill !
Yeah, I wanted to make something more heartwarming than cold actually, so I'm glad you feel it that way. :)

_kukiyomenai said:
I'm just lurking around this section, and I found this!
Another great composition! You're impressive as always :)
Like the jazz feels into it

Oh, thanks very much, Aubs ! Glad to see you here.
I appreciate your compliments. I'm not that impressive (I mean, really), but I try to make good things, so it feels good to see all these positive feedback.
It's also always nice to see that other young people can like a bit of jazz. =]

redotak said:
Wow thats really good!

Thanks a lot !

Kyzen said:
nice man! great for restaurants

Thanks, man !
Haha, restaurants usually like jazz music indeed, and as long as my music is not labeled as 'elevator music worthy', I think it's good, lol.
Dec 8, 2015 2:59 PM

Nov 2015
Oh really nice! :D I could imagine this beeing in a movie or anime. It reminded me of the sims at some points XD But I suppose it was because of the Jazzy side of the song.

I'm not creative enough for a signature T~T

More topics from this board

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
2 hours ago

» BL reference in Tomodachi Life

Kinspie13 - Yesterday

4 by Kinspie13 »»
11 hours ago

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

3 by Vapor_AU »»
12 hours ago

» advice for someone returning to art

Crystepsi - Apr 4

5 by haaku-san »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM

» Share an ai anime pic

NowOldCow - Dec 6, 2023

19 by loligoth666 »»
Yesterday, 9:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.