Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2015 7:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp so we get a bit of flashbacks this episode about the guys specifically Hiragi when they began their interest in dancing. A bit of it has a solemn like feeling though..especially with the separation. Sucks tbh but that's life I guess.

Quite a serious episode this time, I think perhaps the most serious one of this season so far. I think that music video has quite a bit of feelings behind it.
Stark700Nov 30, 2015 8:33 AM
Nov 30, 2015 7:26 AM

Nov 2007
lol @ shaking. Though Suwabe-san's character is sad, because he already heard their decision.

Showing past when Hirakawa-san's character became Hiiragi from Ootori... so they were really brothers and not just cousins? And how Suwabe-san's character looks like in the past... really looked like the one main guy admired. Does that mean?

And the instructor was that brother of one of the members' main team. He left the team after first performance because he wanted to be free. The two's duet this ep. about always on separate way even though they always want to hang out together.

He told the main guy the "correct" way to that dance... And that notice after ED...

Shumai ep. next?
tsubasaloverNov 30, 2015 9:12 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 30, 2015 9:50 AM

Oct 2008
I never thought I'd feel like crying from watching Starmyu (other than from laughter anyway).

I did see this whole Otori quitting for the team's sake thing coming from last week's episode but that was really a sad back story :( The song was good too.

I guess the older Tsukigami will come back to set things right eventually.
Nov 30, 2015 9:52 AM

Jul 2009
Tsubasa-kun Tsubasa-kun, from where i'm standing you're the selfish one. Like you honestly just wanted your brother not to be true to himself just so he could be like you and yet you won't even tolerate your brotherly bond. Really you're calling him Otori even in private? But really you can see how his strict/abusive childhood shaped who he is. He's clearly terrified of failure.

But that family is messed up. You rip apart siblings and they literally NEVER see each other for years? Why can't they visit more often? Disgusting. Poor kids. Glad it turned out they actually were brothers and not cousins though :)

I like Otori without his glasses.
Nov 30, 2015 10:02 AM

Feb 2015

Them shaking their bodies after that drink was actually a brilliant solution lol.

Man, so Otori is really withdrawing from the Council for the sake of his team. =( He's a true senpai.
One thing I'm not sure about, is Otori that high schooler Yuuta admires or is it someone else? They seem to have the same hair color.

SchwingBonerNov 30, 2015 10:05 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2015 10:10 AM

Sep 2014
SchwingBoner said:

One thing I'm not sure about, is Otori that high schooler Yuuta admires or is it someone else? They seem to have the same hair color.

Same person.

....Is there any given reason for their separation? We know they're brothers, but were they blood brothers? Was Tsubasa a Hiiragi that got adopted by Otori's family, only to be taken back to the Hiiragi house?

So freaking confusing.
The sun is a deadly laser
Nov 30, 2015 10:18 AM
Jul 2018
Finally they show us their past!
Nov 30, 2015 10:44 AM
Jul 2018
Finally, we get to hear something about Otori's and Hiragi's pasts!
removed-userNov 30, 2015 10:47 AM
Nov 30, 2015 11:56 AM
Mar 2010
I never thought StaMyu of all anime could make me cry and feel like my heart was being chopped into little pieces, one by one. ;_; Stupid Akatsuki! It's all because of you.

I can't blame Hiragi though...he's gone through so much and he's so conflicted. Hiragi and Otori's relationship reminds me of me and my cousin...I miss her so much, I haven't seen her in years.

One of the best episodes so far!
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Nov 30, 2015 12:18 PM
Sep 2015
I can't believe that I feel like crying after watching this episode, by far this is the best episode of starmyu. Finally I can know what actuallu happened between Otori and Hiiragi, glad that they are actually brothers and not just cousins. Also that song has so much feelings in it, makes me wanna cry

For me I think that it isnt otori whose always walking away but it is actually Hiiragi. I know that Hiiragi has it rough eversince his childhood but also eversince then they are so far apart and never see each others ideas. I feel bad for the otori team, from a star team to a regular team, wonder how would they react after knowing this. Can't wait for episode 10!!
Nov 30, 2015 2:06 PM

Jan 2009
last scene where they're dancing was so gay- but so cute- i love it.
Nov 30, 2015 2:11 PM

Sep 2014
MINMAY- said:
last scene where they're dancing was so gay- but so cute- i love it.

I was internally screaming at that part.
Nov 30, 2015 4:41 PM

Apr 2015
The shaking part made me die. The teachers finally have their past revealed and somewhat confronted. Liked how it went back to Hoshitani practicing what he had seen of that student when he was younger.
Nov 30, 2015 6:04 PM

Jun 2008
I used to dislike Otori but now he's one of my favorites. I liked the part when he looked like a noodle.

btw, why haven't the Nayuki twins been added to the character list? I want to add them to my favorites.
Nov 30, 2015 7:05 PM

Apr 2012
Did not notice until this part that they had the same two hairs sticking out and the same bangs direction.

I think they're twins - it's pretty clear they're actually brothers and according to the official site, they share the same birthday.
"I don't need something like a special seat...... I'm not the audience, I want to be on the stage." - Tsukigami Kaito from ‘Starmyu’

“We actors want an audience to watch our best performances, right? Is it different for you guys?” - Otori Itsuki from ‘Starmyu’

"Always tempt your faith with luck and a smile" - Y. Chang

"Those who fly in rage will always have a bad landing."
Nov 30, 2015 9:26 PM

Aug 2007
mira-nyan said:
....Is there any given reason for their separation? We know they're brothers, but were they blood brothers? Was Tsubasa a Hiiragi that got adopted by Otori's family, only to be taken back to the Hiiragi house?

So freaking confusing.

From what I understand, the Ohtori family is a minor branch of the main, Hiiragi family. Which is why they were living as a family in a normal house, apart from the mansion to which Tsubasa is later taken once the main branch adopts him.

As to why he was adopted (and borderline kindapped, actually), we do not know. Perhaps the main branch failed to produce a proper heir, or maybe said heir went rogue or even died (although this final option is less likely).

At any rate, the whole Tsubasa/Itsuki thing was surprisingly poignant. Seeing Tsubasa falling apart like that injected a dose of well handled drama. From what little we see of his upbringing it must have been truly stifling. But seems more like the education of a conglomerate heir than a prospective professional entertainer.

Hoshitani shows an amazing lack of insight as Itsuki almost telegraphs to him that he was indeed the student he once saw but that is to be expected.

And Akatsuki is coming across more and more as a creepy yandere over Tsubasa. Considering that Itsuki actually helped him when they part of the same team, to act so viciously comes across as both petty and ungrateful.
Dec 1, 2015 12:07 AM

May 2014
A lot of family drama in this one
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Dec 1, 2015 2:36 AM

May 2008
The drama actually wasn't too awful given the basicness of this series. I'm surprised :o.

Also, I feel like I can guess the last episode now.

They're totally gonna end up doing a performance at the festival on that stage. Either that or somewhere else outside, but that makes the most sense. They'll end up performing there, but they're disqualified since Team Ootori aren't participating in the festival, but they'll win the most votes of the students and they'll reconcile at least somewhat with Team Hiiragi. Then there'll be some emotional scene between Ootori and Hiiragi where Hiiragi realises he fucked up and just wants to stay with Ootori, but Ootori's like "yeah I still wanna be free though, and I can't have that following traditions -- so let's make new traditions together!" or something along those lines.

If they don't perform on that one stage I'll be super surprised, anyway.
Dec 1, 2015 8:43 AM

May 2014
FB drama
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Dec 1, 2015 11:18 AM
May 2007
The Otori-Hiragi real relation is even more complicated yet best duo.
Too much emotions I cried, I can't without Otori not after I'm so in love.
Dec 1, 2015 11:23 AM

Sep 2008
Ach... the insert songs was so cool!
Love it!
Dec 1, 2015 12:04 PM

Sep 2013
So they are actually brothers :O but tsubasa was brought to the hiragi family :(
The song was cool, they will fill the whole out side spot now with more than 1.5k people XD
Dec 1, 2015 12:55 PM

Nov 2013
So much love for Itsuki, sobs <333333333333

Dec 1, 2015 1:21 PM

Mar 2014
Wtf was up with that bad animation while Otori was doing that weird movement. He woulda looked less creepy if he'd kept that old hairstyle.

Have to say I was expecting this show to be more love liveish and focus on the main characters. I just don't really care about the others. The insert song was okay but the ending was gay/cringey. Really hope the last few eps pick up.
Dec 1, 2015 3:28 PM
Sep 2015
Finally, a new episode dedicated to the anticipated back-story of both Hiragi and Ootori. We find out that they are blood brothers and not cousins :O

I was moved by the beautifully composed OSTs that played throughout the Hiragi and Tsubasa scenes. As expected, Suwabe and Hirakawa did a great job with the deep dialogues and it really hit me in the feels.

To be honest, I felt more sympathy towards Ootori than Hiragi. Ootori was always a lone wolf and chose to live a free spirit life (the total opposite of his brother). I could also sense his loneliness and desperation of wanting to be radical in his musical approach. I'm beginning to like Ootori now, I want to know more about him because he is still a mystery. The back story felt more focused on Hiragi than Ootori.

Ootori always saw the good in Hiragi regardless of what happened in the past, which is an admirable quality imo. I also noticed he’s the type to keep his emotions hidden by putting on a front (not in a bashing way)

I loved the performance at the end. I don't think it was “gay” or anything like that because there is a deep message behind their story. However, I did feel saddened by the fact that there is still an invisible wall between both brothers.

In my eyes both Hiragi and Ootori are princes and cinnamon rolls, that need love

This scene completely blew me away (my favourite one so far). It felt like I watched a scene from a film drama
Dec 1, 2015 7:16 PM
Oct 2013
Well, this episode is really make my heart cry. I really like when Otori and Hiragi have some interaction. It's all because Akatsuki that team otori must devoted back to regular team T^T

And i think Itsuki and Tsubasa is twins (according to official web and wikia they share same birthday), but let's wait the progress in next episode!
Dec 1, 2015 8:44 PM

Jul 2009
kissalice7107 said:
Did not notice until this part that they had the same two hairs sticking out and the same bangs direction.

I think they're twins - it's pretty clear they're actually brothers and according to the official site, they share the same birthday.

omg i didn't consider that cuz they look so different (obviously their fraternal. im slow) but wow that makes it so much worse. RIPPING TWINS APART IS THE GREATEST SIN (besides, you know rape and murder)
Dec 1, 2015 8:44 PM

Oct 2011
OMG they were brothers but got separated due to reasons

Cried my eyes when he "Stand by Dreams" played OMFG T___T

Tales of Graces F Feels T_______T
Dec 1, 2015 8:48 PM

Mar 2013
That was sad shit. Actually, I feel really sad about Ootori because he didn't left Tsubasa alone, there was probably nothing he could do to oppose that old man. Yet, he has been blamed for years. So unfair.
I felt really frustrated at this whole drama going on and it pisses me off how that orange-haired bastard with the others managed to convince Tsubasa to remove the Ootori Team.

Oh, and that last scene. I was internally screaming "gaaaaaaaaaaaay"
Dec 1, 2015 11:17 PM

Jan 2014
So they are brothers after all?
I don't understand all of this about the Hiragi and Otori families daaaym >.<
Dec 2, 2015 11:36 AM

Nov 2012
the backstory wasn't too bad, though i don't really understand if they're really brothers or not and why hiragi was taken away. oh well.
Dec 2, 2015 9:26 PM

May 2008
silverwalls said:
the backstory wasn't too bad, though i don't really understand if they're really brothers or not and why hiragi was taken away. oh well.

They are. Hiiragi was taken by the head family, and I think the reason is that they need an heir (since the head didn't look like he had any kids) and I assume Hiiragi was chosen because he was more orthodox than Ootori.
Dec 3, 2015 4:03 PM

Aug 2013
Because of this episode I drank orange juice at the cafeteria at my school the day after I watched it.
Dec 3, 2015 5:20 PM

Apr 2013
I'm glad they showed Ootori's and Hiragi's background. They episode did a great job in presenting it. The duet performance neat.
Dec 3, 2015 7:05 PM

Feb 2013
Uwahhhhhhh!!! Favorite ep so far! </3
Dec 5, 2015 11:18 AM

Mar 2008
There are no words for how much I loved this episode. I really hope Tsubasa and Itsuki get to live together again one day.
Dec 5, 2015 9:54 PM

Jun 2009
Didn't expect a Starmyu episode could make me sad but it did. Very good episode tho.

Dec 6, 2015 4:44 AM

May 2010
Nerds.
Dec 6, 2015 6:23 AM
Mar 2010
Nearly one week later and I'm still not over this...
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Dec 6, 2015 11:48 AM

Apr 2013
Very good episode. Otori isnt'as bad as he seemed to be. The dramatical aspect was presented well, because it has an influence to the main characters, although it should be the main characters who have to be focused.
Dec 17, 2015 3:39 PM

Dec 2012
Can I just say once again that this show's ost is PERFECT? Tsubasa's piano piece is so melancholic yet beautiful. I was getting fairly emotional during the entire back story between him and Ootori, but once they got that insert song going my jaw dropped and I nearly teared up.

That scene between Ootori and Hoshitani at the end was great. I actually hope Hoshitani never figures out the truth, it seems to lend a sweeter insight into his admiration for this "mysterious figure" and how Ootori can appreciate Hoshitani's feelings.
Feb 12, 2016 3:41 AM

Dec 2013
Ah, Otoki's laugh so nice lol. Wait, so Hiragi and Otoki were actually brothers? A lot of things happened, huh

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Oct 17, 2016 11:07 AM
Oct 2016
they reminded me of the ASAHINA twins from Brothers Conflict, Tsubaki and Azusa~~
Feb 13, 2018 12:11 PM
Nov 2014
It is so sick and twisted that they just took Tsubasa from his home, where the heck were his parents? are they some puppets? How can you just seperate siblings like that for years!? This actually made me angry...
Mar 19, 2020 7:05 PM
Mar 2020
Inugirlz said:
Tsubasa-kun Tsubasa-kun, from where i'm standing you're the selfish one. Like you honestly just wanted your brother not to be true to himself just so he could be like you and yet you won't even tolerate your brotherly bond. Really you're calling him Otori even in private? But really you can see how his strict/abusive childhood shaped who he is. He's clearly terrified of failure.

But that family is messed up. You rip apart siblings and they literally NEVER see each other for years? Why can't they visit more often? Disgusting. Poor kids. Glad it turned out they actually were brothers and not cousins though :)

I like Otori without his glasses.

I like him with glasses.
Mar 19, 2020 7:12 PM
Mar 2020
Zazie122 said:
silverwalls said:

They are. Hiiragi was taken by the head family, and I think the reason is that they need an heir (since the head didn't look like he had any kids) and I assume Hiiragi was chosen because he was more orthodox than Ootori.

Otherwise it would be Hiiragi Itsuki.
Mar 16, 2022 2:46 AM

Feb 2020
So much drama. Pretty sad episode tbh.

Otori and Hiragi's past is rather interesting. Their duet was really nice.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Starmyu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2015

50 by yveltalkyogre »»
Feb 7, 2023 2:36 PM

Poll: » Best Boy

Heiize - Oct 31, 2015

46 by Serafos »»
Mar 19, 2022 5:56 PM

Poll: » Starmyu Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 14, 2015

41 by Serafos »»
Mar 16, 2022 9:06 AM

Poll: » Starmyu Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 7, 2015

31 by Serafos »»
Mar 16, 2022 4:43 AM

Poll: » Starmyu Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2015

34 by Serafos »»
Mar 16, 2022 1:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.