Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Dec 28, 2015 12:06 PM

Jul 2011
Nope, at all.
Taking seriously discussions in a site were most of people talks about objectively or were discussions end with a "can't believe you tought i was being serious xD" kind of answer?
Nah, i prefer just having fun here and discuss with people that i know instead of a site were there it's a high chance that the other user it's trolling or someone who thinks that it's a messanger of the truth.
Posting a pic of a pie it's more relaxing and takes less time that discussing with someone about why i gave Another a 2.
Dec 28, 2015 12:07 PM

Jan 2014
If I were to argue with someone, I wouldn't be so rude as to not take it seriously
Dec 28, 2015 12:51 PM

Apr 2015
I only feel like speaking up when my somebody manages to "trigger" me and only engage when I'm certain I have a good shot at being correct, without resorting to self-produced evidence.

That people are so adamant at spouting "It's subjective!" (Thanks, PoeticJustice) all the time, certainly deters me from wanting to write anything but a single sentence about it.
TylaenDec 28, 2015 12:54 PM
Dec 28, 2015 12:58 PM

May 2015
Pls don't take anything on the internet serious

Dec 30, 2015 11:26 AM

Jun 2015
I honestly feel sorry for whoever does.
Dec 30, 2015 1:54 PM
Jul 2018
I'm not autistic, OP.

Arguments made here are shit.
Dec 30, 2015 5:47 PM

Nov 2015
not really‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌
IcyFlamesDec 30, 2015 5:48 PM
Dec 30, 2015 7:35 PM

Dec 2015
I don't take anything from the Internet seriously. So no.
Dec 31, 2015 3:31 AM

Oct 2012
Chiki said:
Did you know name calling is even worse than ad hom?

No it's not. Ad hominem is an invalid argument of the following form:
Chiki said:
You're wrong because you're just not a deep thinker
Excellente! One two three four five six... thirty!
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Dec 31, 2015 3:49 AM

May 2014
I take serious well constructed topics and serious posters seriously , i dont take anything else on MAL seriously and i feel sorry for anyone who gets sucked into the cheap bait threads.
Dec 31, 2015 4:10 AM

Dec 2015
While I give both serious and non-serious responses to threads based on both my mood and the subject matter, I've yet to get in a real argument on here. Would I care? I may care enough to reply if I think something will come of it. If someone tries to start an argument that is just pure bigotry with no logical merit, I'd probably just call them out on it rather than have an actual debate.

I mean, if someone is going to basically say, "my opinion is better lololol," is there really anything to be argued? Opinions are subjective and someone is free to think their own opinion is better than another's, so apart from pointing that out, what's there to say?

Likewise, if someone attacks with a fallacy, other than pointing out the logical fallacy being used, is there any point in going beyond that? Their argument would have no merit if it was based on faulty reasoning such as personal attacks or injected presumptions.

So yeah, I'm not sure if that is enough to say I take arguing "seriously," but rather selectively with critical thought.
(ʘ ཀ ) Cᴏɴsᴜᴍᴇ Mᴇ—sᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ᴍᴀʏ Cᴏɴsᴜᴍᴇ Yᴏᴜ ( ཀ ʘ)
Dec 31, 2015 4:11 AM

Feb 2015
MAL is life; you don't take it seriously
JomsDec 31, 2015 4:12 AM
Dec 31, 2015 10:32 AM

May 2015
Everyday-Yandere said:
While I give both serious and non-serious responses to threads based on both my mood and the subject matter, I've yet to get in a real argument on here. Would I care? I may care enough to reply if I think something will come of it. If someone tries to start an argument that is just pure bigotry with no logical merit, I'd probably just call them out on it rather than have an actual debate.

I mean, if someone is going to basically say, "my opinion is better lololol," is there really anything to be argued? Opinions are subjective and someone is free to think their own opinion is better than another's, so apart from pointing that out, what's there to say?

Likewise, if someone attacks with a fallacy, other than pointing out the logical fallacy being used, is there any point in going beyond that? Their argument would have no merit if it was based on faulty reasoning such as personal attacks or injected presumptions.

So yeah, I'm not sure if that is enough to say I take arguing "seriously," but rather selectively with critical thought.

I enjoy arguing with idiots too because it can be fun trying to be logical to them.

If you'll take a serious discussion, well, seriously - one that is about learning and critical thinking then you're smart and I like you.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» What hobbies, skills, or common views do you wish a significant other had?

IpreferEcchi - 7 hours ago

8 by traed »»
29 minutes ago

» what is "love" to you ? what makes you feel loved and how you love people ?

ame - Today

12 by LoveYourEyes »»
30 minutes ago

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - Yesterday

14 by Kikugi »»
30 minutes ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - 11 hours ago

25 by Kikugi »»
33 minutes ago

» What do you think about tourism in your country?

Sad - 1 hour ago

2 by Sad »»
38 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.