Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 28, 2015 1:18 PM

Jan 2011
Farabeuf said:
I think this show would be better without Yu and Mika. They always go back to basic shounen modes whenever things get interesting. I want to find out more about the head of the Demon army and not see more Yu flashbacks.
This. Sorrry but he's pretty much my most dislike MC of all anime I've ( as far as I can remember) watched this year, maybe I'm seeing what annoys me so much with anime more over this last year.
Nov 28, 2015 1:21 PM

Feb 2011
Farabeuf said:
I think this show would be better without Yu and Mika. They always go back to basic shounen modes whenever things get interesting. I want to find out more about the head of the Demon army and not see more Yu flashbacks.
feel the same, they're pretty flat as characters
the demon army and the vapire side are more interesting

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Nov 28, 2015 1:21 PM

Aug 2014
QWERTYFish25 said:
TwilightMystery said:
If Crowley is taking Guren to Ferid, then there might be a chance that Guren is turned into a vampire. Only progenitor's like Crowley, Krul, and Ferid can turn humans into them and Ferid seems most likely. He has a sadistic streak so he could do it just to piss Yu off and through him get Mika riled up as well.
That's actually an interesting twist. Kinda don't wanna see it seeing how little time there is but whatever. I've gotten this slight impression that Mika will either bite Yu or Shinoa, you know, for "angst."
Ferid is a slimeball so I wouldn't be surprised if he actually did it ^^

Also, I think it's pretty obvious that Mika is going to bite Yu. Mika is going into withdrawal and will probably die soon if he doesn't have any blood. Who better to bite than Yu who is the one person Mika loves the most?

I'm almost 100% positive Mika is saving himself for Yu...as awkward as that sounds xD

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Nov 28, 2015 1:27 PM

Oct 2014
Finish episode suggesting that Yuu could have died and make all drama because of this, next showing him in OP in monster mode...
Yeah, good job!
You don't even trying to hard to hide it...
Nov 28, 2015 1:29 PM

Dec 2012
TwilightMystery said:
Also, I think it's pretty obvious that Mika is going to bite Yu. Mika is going into withdrawal and will probably die soon if he doesn't have any blood. Who better to bite than Yu who is the one person Mika loves the most?

I'm almost 100% positive Mika is saving himself for Yu...as awkward as that sounds xD

Nov 28, 2015 1:40 PM

Jul 2015
Why is everyone so homo-erotic for that Guren?

That soundtrack made some otherwise boring scenes pleasant to watch. Could it be that the creator's are learning?
Nov 28, 2015 1:42 PM

May 2013
What just happened to Yu? Mika is too late. TOO LATE DUDE
The world shall know the truth soon.
Nov 28, 2015 2:05 PM

Nov 2014
Fucking Yu
Hi there
Nov 28, 2015 2:27 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
aaaand Yuu became a fuckin bitch once again.
He killed that episode for me.
Goddammit.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 28, 2015 2:36 PM

Feb 2015
Aw I thought Yuu was going to transform again. That would've been good.

Looks like Mika is coming next episode.. and Shinoa teaming up possibly? Looking forward to it ^^

Anime | Profile | Manga
「The day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday I saw a deer, and today, you.」

Nov 28, 2015 2:38 PM

Dec 2012
Wooh next week can't wait yes Mika and Yuu <3 forever :)
Nov 28, 2015 2:46 PM

Jan 2012
If only Yu felt that strongly about best girl Shinoa. This episode was ok, but probably woulda been better if watched as part of a group.
Nov 28, 2015 2:47 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! That cliffhanger.
Attack on Vampire coming to a full circle, where he becomes one of them and has to fight off the vampires....as a vampire....thing...seraph.
Oh the pain.
Guren, you got side insurance, you won't die..right?
Nov 28, 2015 3:05 PM

Sep 2013
I swear Yu is one of the dumbest characters I've ever seen, my god.

Apart from that, direction was nice this episode. I wonder who worked on it.
Nov 28, 2015 3:19 PM

Apr 2007
That flashback with Guren was nice, but of course Yuu just had to do something retarded afterwards. The preview had some interesting scenes though.
Nov 28, 2015 3:21 PM

Aug 2014
A lot of people might criticize Yu for trying to save Guren but I think otherwise. In fact, I really love the contrast between this episode and the first few episodes from the first season.

Back then Yu ran away to save himself and left Mika to die. And now fast forward to today and he was almost going to do the same thing again. Run away and save himself to let Guren die.

Yu learned from past and doesn't want to repeat the same thing even if it costs him his life this time. Some people might see him as an idiot who can't follow orders and acts like a spoiled brat, but there's more to him than that.

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Nov 28, 2015 3:30 PM

Mar 2014
Yu is really annoying more and more with his "family" shit. Always the same. His brain is empty and hard fucked by Mika and every "family talk".
God, Jesus - give him some manly balls and braincells.... o_o
Nov 28, 2015 4:01 PM
Mar 2014
I really wanted to see Yu attack Crowley. :(
Nov 28, 2015 4:08 PM

Oct 2015
tfw not enough Mika ;_;

At least the fight animation was pretty solid, why did Mika have to get the shit end of the stick though.

Oh how my feels went crazy in this ep even though I read the manga... Jeez those GureShin feels

Prepare yourselves for the Mikayuu guys.. It's finally coming ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nov 28, 2015 4:39 PM

Apr 2015
Oh, good, they killed off the annoying character. Hopefully the show will be better from here on out.

I was thinking last episode that the thing that really distinguishes the vampires from the humans is their complete lack of caring for one another. But here it seems some of the humans are like that too.
Nov 28, 2015 5:03 PM

Sep 2014
That vampire is so fucking annoying, even The Twilight vampires are cooler then him, and if I have to hear that fucking blonde shitstain say "Yu-chan" one more time I swear I'm gonna punch my screen.
Nov 28, 2015 5:11 PM

Aug 2013
Well, another bad episode with slow pacing, bad animation and the MC saying the word "family" 4 or 5 times each episode (by the way, anybody counted how many times he said it this season? Someone should make a youtube video about it).

2/5
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Nov 28, 2015 5:26 PM

Jun 2008
When will the author realize that Yuu is an annoying brat that nobody likes save a few shippers.

Yuu's family logic is retarded.
Okay. So you sacrifice yourself so that you can save Guren.

What about rest of your so-called "family"?
Would you be happy when your family suffers watching you basically kill yourself?
You already know Mika is alive. But go YOLO IDGAF and kill yourself so that Mika can be... by himself. Again... ???????

He really pisses me off to no end. He thinks about one thing and ONLY one thing at a time without contemplating about the consequences of his actions.
Aryashine!
Nov 28, 2015 6:06 PM

Oct 2011
YUUUUUUUU NOOOOOOOOOOOOO T______T

Mika is devastated in that preview T__T
Nov 28, 2015 6:10 PM

Jul 2009
Pure gold comedy, seriously this was totally awful. What is this? Twilight again?

Holy shit, so much drama for absolutely nothing, everyone know he will be back in the next episode and Guren won't will die so soon, no need to try and deceive yourself thinking the opposite, it's clear as day how things will turn out.
Nov 28, 2015 6:23 PM

Aug 2011
Oh my god can Yuu just go full shadow beast mode already and shred Crowley disgusting smirk of his face already? It's what were all waiting for.

Also why the hell does he not take the pills in combat? no lets take em as far away as possible in some safe spot and die. GG.

Shinoa said that they had already taken 2 pills today but why does it feel like it has no effect at all, they move as slow as they did before they even introduced the pills and they are still weak as f*ck. God I hate this unblanced shit, atleast make it look like they have a chance when they are on the pills.

Sorry for the ranting.
Nov 28, 2015 7:09 PM

Mar 2013
QWERTYFish25 said:
Krul could play a very significant motive behind Mika's views but once again they're keeping her on the sidelines and not explaining the back story between the two. It's pretty much obvious he's a favorite of hers but why? I'm sure he's not the first human turned vampire by her.

Mika may have Seraph genes inside him hence why Ferid is so interested in him and Krul loves him so much, there's more to it clearly but we'll see in due time

DatRandomDude said:
aaaand Yuu became a fuckin bitch once again.
He killed that episode for me.
Goddammit.

If anyone killed it this episode it was that military guy with the daddy issues who tried to arrest Kureto, 15 seconds of him and I wanted him dead

Pangeaa said:
Oh my god can Yuu just go full shadow beast mode already and shred Crowley disgusting smirk of his face already? It's what were all waiting for.

Agreed, for once give me OP Yu to kill that vampire trying to take the title of best smug face in the series
Nov 28, 2015 8:36 PM

May 2012
"There's a lot of things you gotta do when you're alive. Eat, shit, sleep... Still, the day will come where in someone may need your help. So you just have to wait for that day too." - Guren

WAAAAAAAAAAA GUREN </3
Nov 28, 2015 8:46 PM

Feb 2012
Ugh! Yu is a f*cking idiot with his ideals! He's such an idiot that he actually killed himself. I'm assuming someone (most probably Mika) will save him based on the preview. I hate those characters who think they're all right, high morals, with their strong sense of justice, but most important, immensely stubborn that they're willing to put their teammates in jeopardy or harm's way.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Nov 28, 2015 9:25 PM

Oct 2013
TwilightMystery said:
A lot of people might criticize Yu for trying to save Guren but I think otherwise. In fact, I really love the contrast between this episode and the first few episodes from the first season.

Back then Yu ran away to save himself and left Mika to die. And now fast forward to today and he was almost going to do the same thing again. Run away and save himself to let Guren die.

Yu learned from past and doesn't want to repeat the same thing even if it costs him his life this time. Some people might see him as an idiot who can't follow orders and acts like a spoiled brat, but there's more to him than that.

^Pretty much.

You should all know Yuu all too well by know. In a way, Guren out of all people, might be the closest one to him besides Mika. Heck, he wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Gurren and given his personality, that's just how he is - stupid or not, he'd probably be tired of living if he'd AGAIN be forced to abandon some1 very close to him.

Now, what is stupid is taking too many pills. If both Shinoa's & Guren's squad would've worked together some more they could've probably stand a chance, without possibly resorting to our deal 'ol pal, Mr.Power-Up to save the day. Their job was the to be a decoy army anyway, and the loss of Gurren might affect the Moon Demon Company's overall potential more than if they just hurry up to the next mission without him.

Loving the tension here anyway. Last week I wasn't very worried about Guren since I figured he has plenty of plot armor(at least until the end) but damn, the possibilities of him being tortured, killed or turned into a vampire have popped up.

Guren, you magnificent bastard, you better not die or anything.

That being said, as much as I like Guren, Crowley look's so awesome single handedly fending off against his squad...Crowley brah, y u so OP?
ManlyTearNov 28, 2015 9:43 PM
Nov 28, 2015 10:02 PM

Mar 2013
ManlyTear said:

That being said, as much as I like Guren, Crowley look's so awesome single handedly fending off against his squad...Crowley brah, y u so OP?

Because Crowley has 2 smoking hot vampires with him at all times, he has to be OP
Nov 28, 2015 10:05 PM

Sep 2014
stephen5000 said:

I was thinking last episode that the thing that really distinguishes the vampires from the humans is their complete lack of caring for one another. But here it seems some of the humans are like that too.

You must've missed the word 'family' that was repeated about 987654321 times.
The sun is a deadly laser
Nov 28, 2015 10:08 PM
Nov 2015
I think the story goes like this: Because of Mika turned into a vampire, he felt so much pain. He even stop himself from drinking human's blood. So I think Mika will die in final chapter. If he is still alive, he will kept drinking human's blood. So the only option to help him regain peace is to end his life. Knowing that Yuu has a good family, Mika can now rest in peace. So the final chapter must be between Yuu and Shinoa because Shinoa help Yuu to meet Mika. Then feelings of love between them increased... How's that?
Nov 28, 2015 10:12 PM
Nov 2015
I think the story goes like this: Because of Mika turned into a vampire, he felt so much pain. He even stop himself from drinking human's blood. So I think Mika will die in final chapter. If he is still alive, he will kept drinking human's blood. So the only option to help him regain peace is to end his life. Knowing that Yuu has a good family, Mika can now rest in peace. So the final chapter must be between Yuu and Shinoa because Shinoa help Yuu to meet Mika. Then feelings of love between them increased...How's that?
Nov 28, 2015 10:15 PM
Nov 2015
I think the story goes like this: Because of Mika turned into a vampire, he felt so much pain. He even stop himself from drinking human's blood. So I think Mika will die in final chapter. If he is still alive, he will kept drinking human's blood. So the only option to help him regain peace is to end his life. Knowing that Yuu has a good family, Mika can now rest in peace. So the final chapter must be between Yuu and Shinoa because Shinoa help Yuu to meet Mika. Then feelings of love between them increased
Nov 28, 2015 11:40 PM

May 2012
Everyone might think that Yu's dumbness kill this episode, hated him or so. But for me, what he did now makes me love him more. Obviously, if I were to put on the same situation as him and the person who is very important to me where taken hostage not assuring if he will live, i will definitely do the same. Yu for 4 years tried his best to get strong because even no matter how can we deny it, he was afraid to loos his family once again. What is more dumb is if he just easily accepted leaving Guren behind.

" Family means no one will left behind "

Guren is the person who taught him the reason to live up to these days, but right now that person is in danger. Other people might think that Yu's attitude goes back to his annoying start but i can emphatize that the writer considered more the logical aspect on how a person will act towards their family in danger and not just did some uncool act like th MC became cold just to please the viewers.

I didn't hate Shinoa, just dislike her since she fall in love with Yu. I felt her unique traits gone and all i can hear from her mouth is "Yu-san". For me, Shinoa is better as an individual character and not as a love interest material for the MC. Some people also think her moment with Yu this last and today's episode is kind of force. Which i think it is. Considering those added fillers with her touching Yu everywhere which sometimes makes no sense in this family oriented series. At least they should give Mitsuba and the others that role since, Shinoa is not the only one Yu considered as family.

Anyway good episode. There are still some crappy frames but not as bad as last episode. The preview also seems interesting. Can't wait for my MikaYu reunion. You better be ready Shinoa, your greatest rival is coming to get his waifu XD
It's not a matter of talent. It's a matter of will
Nov 29, 2015 12:11 AM

Mar 2013
I'm glad Shinoa feels bad, maybe this'll teach her to actually fucking tell her subordinates what happens if you overdose on those pills in future. She's really such a terrible leader.
Nov 29, 2015 12:14 AM

Sep 2014
straggy said:
I'm glad Shinoa feels bad, maybe this'll teach her to actually fucking tell her subordinates what happens if you overdose on those pills in future. She's really such a terrible leader.

She has.

Overdose of 1- Puncture organs
Over dose of 2 or more - Instant death
The sun is a deadly laser
Nov 29, 2015 1:16 AM

Jan 2015
danieltortoisee said:
Yeah, Yu's not dead. They must think we're pretty stupid to try and make us believe it like that.

This
Nov 29, 2015 1:17 AM

Jan 2015
Warchief_Legend said:
I think the story goes like this: Because of Mika turned into a vampire, he felt so much pain. He even stop himself from drinking human's blood. So I think Mika will die in final chapter. If he is still alive, he will kept drinking human's blood. So the only option to help him regain peace is to end his life. Knowing that Yuu has a good family, Mika can now rest in peace. So the final chapter must be between Yuu and Shinoa because Shinoa help Yuu to meet Mika. Then feelings of love between them increased... How's that?
Warchief_Legend said:
I think the story goes like this: Because of Mika turned into a vampire, he felt so much pain. He even stop himself from drinking human's blood. So I think Mika will die in final chapter. If he is still alive, he will kept drinking human's blood. So the only option to help him regain peace is to end his life. Knowing that Yuu has a good family, Mika can now rest in peace. So the final chapter must be between Yuu and Shinoa because Shinoa help Yuu to meet Mika. Then feelings of love between them increased...How's that?
Warchief_Legend said:
I think the story goes like this: Because of Mika turned into a vampire, he felt so much pain. He even stop himself from drinking human's blood. So I think Mika will die in final chapter. If he is still alive, he will kept drinking human's blood. So the only option to help him regain peace is to end his life. Knowing that Yuu has a good family, Mika can now rest in peace. So the final chapter must be between Yuu and Shinoa because Shinoa help Yuu to meet Mika. Then feelings of love between them increased

Why don't you post it another time?
Nov 29, 2015 2:09 AM
Feb 2015
Hopefully, Yuu is still alive..
Nov 29, 2015 2:33 AM

May 2014
Shinya and Guren are so in love.

Yuu is a dickwad sometime jfc.

Next episode looks amazing!
Nov 29, 2015 4:50 AM

Aug 2015
This episode sets up the next one nicely. Guren's group failed to save him and Yu decides to take some of those pills and "apparently dies" then they show him in the trailer for next episode. Things should get craze next episode.
Nov 29, 2015 5:06 AM

Jul 2012
Things are starting to get intense with this build up episode. Guren gets captured and everyone retreats but Yu ends up saying he would rather die then leave him out there and then pretty much dies because he takes more pills. Mika arives ready to find Yu and Kureto has gathered the army with some type of experiment they are going to use to fight the vampires. I honestly cant wait to see everything explode in the last 2 episodes!

Here is my full review on the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZUXlILfDXY
Nov 29, 2015 5:27 AM

Jun 2014
I feel like every episode of this season can be entitled with; shits goin down
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2015 5:38 AM

Jun 2014
Yuu acting reckless and stupid again.
Shows how emotionally fragile he is. He can't bear the guilt of letting Guren die, it'd eat him up. I like that kind of weakness so I don't blame him for it. But if not for plot armor he'd be permanently dead as a human.

Looking forward to what Kureto has in store. I'm probably in the minority when I say I like the guy.
Nov 29, 2015 6:42 AM
Nov 2015
This episode beat the hype of the past episodes.

The feels are real.

That part when Shinya looks at Guren, worried, concerned and helpless. I've read the light novels ( haven't finished it yet ) and their friendship is so strong, built with such powerful memories, good and bad.

I just feel saddened how Shinya wanted to do something but don't know how to do it. He's been super-close-friends with Guren for so many years and nothing can ever be so painful than having to do nothing to save your friend.
Nov 29, 2015 6:50 AM
Jun 2015
zilch16 said:
Everyone might think that Yu's dumbness kill this episode, hated him or so. But for me, what he did now makes me love him more. Obviously, if I were to put on the same situation as him and the person who is very important to me where taken hostage not assuring if he will live, i will definitely do the same. Yu for 4 years tried his best to get strong because even no matter how can we deny it, he was afraid to loos his family once again. What is more dumb is if he just easily accepted leaving Guren behind.

" Family means no one will left behind "

Guren is the person who taught him the reason to live up to these days, but right now that person is in danger. Other people might think that Yu's attitude goes back to his annoying start but i can emphatize that the writer considered more the logical aspect on how a person will act towards their family in danger and not just did some uncool act like th MC became cold just to please the viewers.

I didn't hate Shinoa, just dislike her since she fall in love with Yu. I felt her unique traits gone and all i can hear from her mouth is "Yu-san". For me, Shinoa is better as an individual character and not as a love interest material for the MC. Some people also think her moment with Yu this last and today's episode is kind of force. Which i think it is. Considering those added fillers with her touching Yu everywhere which sometimes makes no sense in this family oriented series. At least they should give Mitsuba and the others that role since, Shinoa is not the only one Yu considered as family.

Anyway good episode. There are still some crappy frames but not as bad as last episode. The preview also seems interesting. Can't wait for my MikaYu reunion. You better be ready Shinoa, your greatest rival is coming to get his waifu XD

yea but the thing is if he tried to save him that time they would all die.

Also what he did put everyone on risk.
Sure do not leave your family behind but risk killing everyone?Thats not good either.

Its not about him being cold to please the viewers,despite their young age they are soldiers and yuu seemed this season to have developed abit,but this episode again same like old.

Crowley could have killed them in just few seconds if he was being serious......

Well i guess he is the main char so he wont die and he will somehow save his ''family'' but to me he really acted lame.
Nov 29, 2015 6:56 AM

Nov 2008
Crowley got on my nerves.

Shinoa on top of Yuu...horray for that :'D

Guren/Yuu flashback was absolutely precious. My dad did that with me too. They're so father and son I can't even. ♥

Nov 29, 2015 6:59 AM
Nov 2015
QWERTYFish25 said:
Farabeuf said:
This. Sorrry but he's pretty much my most dislike MC of all anime I've ( as far as I can remember) watched this year, maybe I'm seeing what annoys me so much with anime more over this last year.

Well. I guess Yuu IS absolutely annoying. You are right. But I guess that's way better than MC characters whose attitudes are not even believable..

I can easily compare Yuu's annoying attitude to those of my sometimes-annoying cousins.

But that's your opinion and I respect that. I'm new here ! I'm not trying to fight or argue you big time!
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Season 3?

RealityChanges - Jul 1, 2023

49 by Alex_the_reaper »»
Feb 10, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

348 by Rosxlie »»
Jan 27, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2015

468 by Hanarose72 »»
Jan 6, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

245 by Desaturate »»
Jul 16, 2023 6:51 AM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

184 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 29, 2023 5:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.