Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 24, 2015 1:58 PM

Oct 2013
The VN is really good. It has a pretty fun feature (i.e. use of cellphone) traditional VNs do not have.

You also get to see more details, additional plot points (i.e. what would happen if Okabe stayed longer in a timeline instead of leaping back immediately in anime?), and alternative sub-endings with heroines other than Kurisu. The art is also very very nice, and in my opinion looks better than the anime's artstyle.

It should be noted though that the anime is a very loyal adaption of the VN's main plot and true ending, so a good portion of the VN will feel like deja vu.

Nov 24, 2015 2:39 PM

Jul 2007
Yeah, S;G is VN adaptation done right.
Nov 24, 2015 5:14 PM

Mar 2015
CookingPriest said:
Yeah, S;G is VN adaptation done right.

Can't say they did, with that cute Nae scene left out ;___;

But it's the best adaptation of a VN I've watched so far. Even UBW can't compare to the sheer madness that is the last few episodes of S;G.
Nov 24, 2015 5:24 PM

Jul 2007
Stop trying to make a kitschy harem relevant again
Nov 24, 2015 6:18 PM

Sep 2014
People have shit taste
Nov 24, 2015 6:41 PM

Nov 2015
Rinth said:
The VN is really good. It has a pretty fun feature (i.e. use of cellphone) traditional VNs do not have.

You also get to see more details, additional plot points (i.e. what would happen if Okabe stayed longer in a timeline instead of leaping back immediately in anime?), and alternative sub-endings with heroines other than Kurisu. The art is also very very nice, and in my opinion looks better than the anime's artstyle.

It should be noted though that the anime is a very loyal adaption of the VN's main plot and true ending, so a good portion of the VN will feel like deja vu.

I'm definitely going to pick up the VN after I finish the anime. Then I can join the Steins;Gate 0 hype train.
EDIT: Is that art from the VN btw? The character designs are much more refined.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2015 6:43 PM

Sep 2014
ArcherEMIYA34 said:
Rinth said:

I'm definitely going to pick up the VN after I finish the anime. Then I can join the Steins;Gate 0 hype train.

The visual novel is amazing, you can get it digitally off the Vita/ps3 psn store if you live in EU or NA. Really hope Steins gate 0 gets localized which due to the recent success of the ps3 port of the original it seems likely we will see a localization sooner than we think on ps4. Hopefully before the anime airs too.
Nov 24, 2015 6:53 PM

Nov 2015
davinci12 said:
ArcherEMIYA34 said:

The visual novel is amazing, you can get it digitally off the Vita/ps3 psn store if you live in EU or NA. Really hope Steins gate 0 gets localized which due to the recent success of the ps3 port of the original it seems likely we will see a localization sooner than we think on ps4. Hopefully before the anime airs too.

Can you get it on PS4?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2015 7:03 PM

Oct 2013
You can just get the VN on PC. It was actually officially released in English some time ago.
Nov 24, 2015 7:27 PM

Sep 2014
ArcherEMIYA34 said:
davinci12 said:

Can you get it on PS4?

The first steins gate is on PC, Vita and ps3 in english. It's not on ps4.
Nov 24, 2015 7:38 PM

Nov 2015
I just assumed PS4 since PSN was mentioned. Yeah, I'll just get the PC version.
Nov 24, 2015 8:40 PM

Mar 2013
Just watch it ffs
Feb 7, 2021 1:40 AM
Jan 2020
weiss said:
I completely agree, it's the first half that I really liked in the series. Then it kinda turned into a slice of life type of series where Okabe was just trying to resolve the other characters' ridiculous problems.

Oh my god
Finally found someone who feels the same way
I loved the first 4 episodes and felt there was so much potential due to them
but was disappointed with everything after that
I think getting to know the characters and the dynamics b/w them was the best
love the op/ed too- lot of nostalgia
Feb 7, 2021 3:53 AM

Jan 2020
I enjoyed first cour more than second , it's somehow still mysterious , funny , and full of trivias and twist compared to bland and dramatic second cour where I think the sci-fi stuff only exist in 4 eps
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Feb 7, 2021 4:05 AM
May 2019
No need for this thread, it's already way too overrated, and yeah the first half is fucking boring, I feel sleepy so many times while watching this masterpiece only I know how I completed this anime
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» thoughts on Chinese anime? ( 1 2 3 4 )

ryo-san - Mar 6, 2022

173 by Serafos »»
5 minutes ago

» angry sub only users

Yorda_trico - 4 hours ago

38 by Zettaiken »»
24 minutes ago

» What percentage of anime that you've seen did you pirate? ( 1 2 3 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 13

122 by neolucaman »»
55 minutes ago

» Reason versus emotion in the perception of anime

RobertBobert - Apr 14

5 by TRC_Randy »»
1 hour ago

» What anime can be considered "the Evangelion of x"?

Eternal-Destiny - Dec 9, 2023

43 by AzafuseKingTora »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.