Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Asterisk War (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 21, 2015 2:01 PM

Dec 2011
Our two lolis bonding together. >.<

I can't wait for the start of the tournament.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2015 2:21 PM

Dec 2013
An entire episode of non-LN filler.
I ain't even mad.
Wasn't expecting this, but I'll take it.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Nov 21, 2015 2:28 PM
Apr 2010
Anyone know what music was playing aat the pool and if it will be on the OST. It was a nice very nice music
Nov 21, 2015 2:44 PM

May 2015
Kind of a filler episode but I'm shipping them.

Now if Kirin could just get more assertive, I'd really appreciate it.
Nov 21, 2015 3:03 PM

Jul 2015
Damn this Loli duo is adorable!!! <3 Oh and the blonde got what she deserved for being cocky.
Nov 21, 2015 3:26 PM

Mar 2013
My god was this episode boring. That twin tails chick is so cliché that I had to look twice because I thought she was the girl from Saekano at first. Claudia is still the only thing worth watching this show for but she's almost never in it, ugh. I'm a good person, I don't deserve to be plagued by uninteresting lolis all the time.
Nov 21, 2015 4:53 PM

Jun 2011
This episode was mostly filler. Probably because they want to keep the pacing until now and divide the 3rd volume in 4 instead 5 episodes. Can't say that I hate it but I'm not very fond of it either. During the 2nd volume they skipped a few scenes which could have been used, then there wouldn't be a need for the filler part.
Nevertheless, some more cute Kirin doesn't hurt. Pretty excited for the next few episodes.
I'm feeling thank you
Nov 21, 2015 5:50 PM

Aug 2013
Definitely my favorite so far! Saya gets to be the main focus along with Kirin was great. Is nice to them get along and form a bond to help them become better teammates. Love the little build up in the last part especially showing a new girl appearing very soon. Can't wait for next week!
Nov 21, 2015 6:59 PM

Mar 2015
I see some people are mentioning that this is a filler episode. If it is true, then it is a great episode since next episode should be the phoenix festa begins. If there were no filler like this one, we'd don't know much how Kirin and Saya sync so goodly later on.

Weekly dose of best girls, featuring best girls, and best girls moment. I love the faces of Kirin throughout the episode. Kirin being a cute puppy moment on the table lol, then her blushing stuffs.

Saya one-shot the blonde girl lol. That blonde girl's VA is so distinguishable somehow. I know she got to be Tenten and Mine's VA with that kind of unique voice.

Nov 21, 2015 8:14 PM

Oct 2011
Saya and Kirin bonded Awww

Hope for the best for them
Nov 21, 2015 10:45 PM

Aug 2013
Violet Weinberg has officially caught my attention. I hope we see more of her later.

I mean it's no contest that Claudia has a better body, and to be fair her bikini was lewd in it's own right...but holy fuck Violet. Maybe smaller boobs and an overall more petite figure, but that fucking skimpy top and thong bottom...moar plz. pretty please.

Gotta love whoever is in charge of subbing this show for randomly changing the spelling of Allekant to..."Arlequint". Lmao, how do you fuck that up? It's already spelled right in the previous episodes, and it's online. Spellcheck, motherfuckers.
Nov 21, 2015 10:53 PM

May 2015
more focusing on dat 2 loli
about battle on the pool, isn't that too weird easy?
Nov 21, 2015 11:01 PM

Dec 2014
More Kirin. :)

Jonesy974 said:
Violet Weinberg has officially caught my attention. I hope we see more of her later.

I mean it's no contest that Claudia has a better body, and to be fair her bikini was lewd in it's own right...but holy fuck Violet. Maybe smaller boobs and an overall more petite figure, but that fucking skimpy top and thong bottom...moar plz. pretty please.

Gotta love whoever is in charge of subbing this show for randomly changing the spelling of Allekant to..."Arlequint". Lmao, how do you fuck that up? It's already spelled right in the previous episodes, and it's online. Spellcheck, motherfuckers.

Whoa, Violet..
:)
Nov 21, 2015 11:29 PM
Aug 2012
Jonesy974 said:

Sorry to inform you that she is just a minor character not even appearing in the main story. She is most probably from the QueenVeil side-story, i am not sure though. Her purpose was mostly fan-service though.......

The subs were atrocious this episode........Gryps turned in Gryphon, Allekant turned in Harlequint etc.

Nov 22, 2015 12:03 AM

Jul 2012
micro-bikini/10
Nov 22, 2015 12:29 AM

Nov 2014
Anyone notice that at 7:24 Kirin and Saya are contemplating buying alcohol??? How in the world were they gona buy that?
Nov 22, 2015 1:05 AM
May 2015

Man, Violet Weinberger looks like a loli whore in that skimpy bikini, too bad she got owned by Saya.
Nov 22, 2015 2:59 AM
Oct 2015
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Sorry to inform you that she is just a minor character not even appearing in the main story. She is most probably from the QueenVeil side-story, i am not sure though. Her purpose was mostly fan-service though.......
I've just read the 3rd volume of the LN & I think that she might actually be one of the pair Ayato & Julis face in the 2nd round. The novel doesn't give us their name but the contestants from Queensvale were a twintailed girl & a ponytail girl. And their rank in their academy were, miss twintail in 30s & miss ponytail in 50s. Not that it matters anyway since they're just small fries.
Nov 22, 2015 3:17 AM
Dec 2013
really boring ep. hard to stay engaged with saya and kirin as the main focus lol. seems like they tried to save it with the pool scene
Nov 22, 2015 3:27 AM
Aug 2012
Ryuutobi said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
I've just read the 3rd volume of the LN & I think that she might actually be one of the pair Ayato & Julis face in the 2nd round. The novel doesn't give us their name but the contestants from Queensvale were a twintailed girl & a ponytail girl. And their rank in their academy were, miss twintail in 30s & miss ponytail in 50s. Not that it matters anyway since they're just small fries.

Still a throw-away character whose main purpose was to show in a micro bikini.....at most she may show up against Saya-Kirin during Elimination rounds for some comedy. Btw miss twintail this episode was ranked 53 if i remember correctly........

Nov 22, 2015 5:33 AM

Feb 2014
For a filler, this episode was pretty enjoyable.

Most tag-teams when they first battle together don't perform as well as they would hope, which is the case with Saya and Kirin, but spending the day together shopping and having Saya help Kirin to learn how to swim, the two of them bonded well and now can perform like a properly strong tag-team should be able to. =D

Shame that the fight between Saya and Violet was so short, considering how much that Violet was boasting about herself beforehand.

I gotta say, Violet's bikini was REALLY skimpy, almost matching Kuroko Shirai's skimpy bikini from A Certain Scientific Railgun. O_O

I looks like the Festa properly starts next week. I wonder if we'll see this Irene person in action, considering that Claudia mentioning her as a threat to Ayato & co if they end up fighting her.
Nov 22, 2015 7:12 AM

Aug 2014
So Kirin-chan and Saya-chan are developing their relationship by doing whatever they want to do. But it's great that Saya-chan were accepted that challenge without has any rank from her school but has got win the battle! ;)
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Nov 22, 2015 7:17 AM

May 2013
Sasamiya is a qt
Lead me out of the dark,bishounen space Jesus.
Nov 22, 2015 7:32 AM

Nov 2011
The fact of giving space only to Todo and Saya, sidelined the rest of the cast, did not seem a bad choice. Plot that moves forward a little, but at least the final step does not mean that they are underestimating the threats from other schools, drawings and animations with ups and downs, the couple Todo-Saya is excellent, nice and funny in their own way, the overall episode is usable but not yet at the top.
Nov 22, 2015 10:03 AM

Jun 2015
Meh, a little bit boring this one...
Nov 22, 2015 2:03 PM

Sep 2014
Boring.
Nov 22, 2015 6:56 PM

Jan 2013
Saya's duel was unexpected xD 1 shot 1 win ahahaha Fastest duel in this anime :D
Saya and Kirin are doing pretty good.
That ED is so calm, love it.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 22, 2015 8:20 PM

Jul 2012
All it took was a girl's day out for Saya and Kirin to become friends and better teammates.

~Great episode!!!
Nov 22, 2015 9:46 PM

May 2010
Even tho it was boring, best episode yet solely because it had Saya in it. Saya/Kirin is nice.
Nov 23, 2015 6:13 AM

Sep 2014
I really like Saya's personality. It's such a pleasant watch. Also the bonding with her and Kiring is pretty sweet, I'm glad their team work improved and that scenery after the battle was beautiful.

Oh yeah that blonde's swimsuit in the episode.. Lol.. Pretty bold.
Nov 23, 2015 9:28 AM

Jul 2015
Was more of a filler episode, but it's nice to see that a bond was created between the two to fully use their cooperative potential. I hope it pays off in the future!

Nov 23, 2015 10:31 PM

Dec 2012
The synchronisation of Saya and Kirin was nice to see. I like how Saya seems always off.
New girl get rekt quickly :).
Nov 24, 2015 9:01 AM

Aug 2014
Saya episode! Finally! I couldn't ask for more!

lol that whatever-whatever girl just got wrekt really hard! We don't even know what exactly her weapon can do! xD

Glad to see one episode with less focus on Ayato and Julis. I hope this is not the last episode about Saya and Kirin having good times together though..
Nov 24, 2015 9:48 AM
Aug 2012
Preview for next episode is out.......

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3fbqn6_the-asterisk-war-ep-9-web-preview_tv

Finally the festa is starting and hopefully no more boring fillers. Eagerly waiting for Ardi and Rimsi to make a proper appearance and a certain someone as well.

Kay_Lite said:

Glad to see one episode with less focus on Ayato and Julis. I hope this is not the last episode about Saya and Kirin having good times together though..

Well this was filler so it will be more or less the last time.........

Nov 25, 2015 12:32 AM

Aug 2013
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Jonesy974 said:

The subs were atrocious this episode........Gryps turned in Gryphon, Allekant turned in Harlequint etc.

Noooooooo! Dreams = crushed. lol.

Oh fuck, that's right. Totally forgot about the Gryps one too. haha

Yea idk who they paid to sub this episode, but they need to be fucking fired.
It's just especially bad when they have so much material to reference. Like, hey dumbass...if you don't know how to spell one of the terms, you have the LN info, the wiki, and past episodes (that clearly your more skilled co-workers did) to look at.
Nov 25, 2015 8:19 AM

Nov 2011
Eiriri got rekt.

And also I like this team way more than main guy team.
Nov 25, 2015 4:45 PM
Sep 2014
Awesome episode. Very relaxed. Saya, as usual, is a badass, best girl.
Nov 26, 2015 1:09 AM
Aug 2012
Jonesy974 said:

Oh fuck, that's right. Totally forgot about the Gryps one too. haha

Yea idk who they paid to sub this episode, but they need to be fucking fired.
It's just especially bad when they have so much material to reference. Like, hey dumbass...if you don't know how to spell one of the terms, you have the LN info, the wiki, and past episodes (that clearly your more skilled co-workers did) to look at.

It's even more funny as you can clearly see the mistakes when you listen to the characters talking. Maybe the the guys were high on weed when they subbed this episode. I will have to re-watch this with FFF subs later.

Nov 27, 2015 1:55 AM
Oct 2015
The whole episode could've been a lot better had they made the training sessions into sparring matches between Ayato+Julis vs Kirin+Saya instead of some senseless dolls beatings. I'm sure that an episode with the loli team get owned hard at first but win by a close call after the bonding time will please the audience even more.
Nov 28, 2015 5:57 PM
Nov 2010
I personally liked it. They were both so awkward and yet they're so cute together haha. xD
Nov 29, 2015 12:29 AM

Jul 2008
Now that was a one hit KO.
Nov 30, 2015 12:13 AM

Nov 2015
Loved the episode, loved the Kirin and Saya bonding time.
Can't wait for the festa next episode
Nov 30, 2015 11:13 PM

Dec 2009
ichii_1 said:
Best Girls doing Best Girls things <3

Bestest.

My two fave girls, and totally girls bonding time~
I'm so glad this show isn't totally centred around Ayato.
(i'm such a sucker for unsocial girl duos... see: Nodoka x Yue)

Give me more loli duo!
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Dec 1, 2015 2:38 AM

Oct 2008
a bit boring episode, the Saya & Kirin just bonded together...
but at least we get to see a very tiny skimpy mizugi girl from a different school.
Claudia is in cahoots with Eishirou (sidekick of MC)
nice preview Saya butting in...
4/5.

Dec 1, 2015 7:57 AM

Dec 2011
Those two should be the main characters.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 1, 2015 5:53 PM

Dec 2009
kuuderes_shadow said:
Those two should be the main characters.
This.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Dec 4, 2015 11:28 PM

Dec 2012
It was at that moment she knew she fucked up
KO! LMAO

Dec 17, 2015 3:33 PM

Jan 2013
Some nice bonding this episode.
Dec 20, 2015 7:20 PM
Jul 2018
So I wouldn't exactly call this a filler episode as it developed Kirin and Saya's relationship, but it was pretty slow-paced.
Does this show even know where it is going? What are Claudia's motives? I hope that this show doesn't have a cliffhanger ending, but I also don't want the ending to be rushed and come out of nowhere. Sadly, I feel like it's going to be one of those two.

Jonesy974 said:

You and I think alike. Violet turned me on like nobody's business. I like her body type and with that swimsuit and bitchy attitude... mmm.
Dec 24, 2015 12:33 PM

May 2012
Quite a nice focus shift! Liked this more soft and steady episode, the battle was pure fun :p

Let's see what's next though.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

201 by Foreall908 »»
Feb 8, 1:05 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

324 by animegamerrose »»
Jun 21, 2023 10:01 PM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2015

180 by Gutzdeep42 »»
May 29, 2023 5:17 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

122 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 27, 2023 5:20 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2015

220 by Azuki_Sayashi »»
Feb 17, 2023 7:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.