Forum Settings
Forums

Why does "Religious" only refer to Christianity?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 22, 2015 2:51 PM

May 2015
Kim_jong_il said:
For example the terroriste groupe Bocco Haram wich is considerdered leaded bi ISIS is burning Mosquees all the time the last time they did 5 muslims died will praying, so how fucking dumb-ass u need to be to think these assholes are muslims .
1 killing innocents is haram in islam
2 resepecting other religions is a must in islam
3 all form of lives are respected in islam

Then why are so many terrorist groups do it in the name of Islam? How come so many don't get Islam?
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Nov 24, 2015 9:21 AM

Aug 2013
Because young power hungry men will see what they want to see that lets them do what they want to do.
Nov 24, 2015 1:08 PM

Apr 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
Kim_jong_il said:
For example the terroriste groupe Bocco Haram wich is considerdered leaded bi ISIS is burning Mosquees all the time the last time they did 5 muslims died will praying, so how fucking dumb-ass u need to be to think these assholes are muslims .
1 killing innocents is haram in islam
2 resepecting other religions is a must in islam
3 all form of lives are respected in islam

Then why are so many terrorist groups do it in the name of Islam? How come so many don't get Islam?
The same reason Christians "couldn't understand" the bible and enslaved and murdered people for centuries. You hop on whatever religion is being used at the time. If Islam was so violent and clear that you can do what you want then why did so many people kill in the name of Christianity? Surely that would have failed if it's a religion of peace? But no we get an inquisition, a witch trial and a reformation when it should have failed by your logic.

I really don't see why people struggle with what's happening with Islam today. Notice how the bible didn't need any violent passages taken out from it despite people constantly finding enslaving and murdering people a normal thing to do. You can't simply say Islam needs to rewrite the Quran because the problem isn't the religion.

If it was clear in the Quran that there is no context to violent verses and Muslims can simply kill anyone they want, then why aren't we at threat from all of the middle east? Why are the Kurds fighting to stop Muslims killing unbelievers?
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.
Nov 24, 2015 1:10 PM

Jan 2015
Mr_Mantis said:
The same reason Christians "couldn't understand" the bible and enslaved and murdered people for centuries. You hop on whatever religion is being used at the time.
niceme.me
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Nov 24, 2015 1:29 PM

May 2015
Mr_Mantis said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

The same reason Christians "couldn't understand" the bible and enslaved and murdered people for centuries. You hop on whatever religion is being used at the time. If Islam was so violent and clear that you can do what you want then why did so many people kill in the name of Christianity? Surely that would have failed if it's a religion of peace? But no we get an inquisition, a witch trial and a reformation when it should have failed by your logic.

I really don't see why people struggle with what's happening with Islam today. Notice how the bible didn't need any violent passages taken out from it despite people constantly finding enslaving and murdering people a normal thing to do. You can't simply say Islam needs to rewrite the Quran because the problem isn't the religion.

If it was clear in the Quran that there is no context to violent verses and Muslims can simply kill anyone they want, then why aren't we at threat from all of the middle east? Why are the Kurds fighting to stop Muslims killing unbelievers?

Islam was violent from the start. Christianity became violent around the time it was adopted by those in power. That's one thing to remember.

Muslims don't kill anyone they want because regardless of what the Quran says, 'don't kill innocent people' is almost a universal moral now.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Nov 24, 2015 1:37 PM

Apr 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
Mr_Mantis said:

Islam was violent from the start. Christianity became violent around the time it was adopted by those in power. That's one thing to remember.

Muslims don't kill anyone they want because regardless of what the Quran says, 'don't kill innocent people' is almost a universal moral now.
That's debateable because you don't get to pick and choose which acts of violence in a holy book is acceptable. In the old testament they were pillaging and killing off lots of people, it makes no difference that all of a sudden Christianity turned peaceful, then got hijacked becoming more violent again. Religion had it's place but now a world united on atheism would be more peaceful since as you said don't kill is universal.

Of course if there was no Judaism there'd be no Islam. Rather than constantly pointing the blame at one religion all the time why not actually read the bible and think holy shit! These people were retarded and immoral lets turn completely from them and be ourselves.
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.
Nov 24, 2015 1:39 PM

Aug 2013
It wasn't Christians who nailed the son of God to a cross for telling people they should be nicer to each other.
Nov 24, 2015 1:44 PM

Apr 2014
Pacifica_Ocean said:
It wasn't Christians who nailed the son of God to a cross for telling people they should be nicer to each other.
Yeah that's absurd. And all it takes for people to believe that is an anecdote that other people were willing to die because they believed that happened.
Trance said:
Nov 24, 2015 2:18 PM

Jan 2015
Mr_Mantis said:
Pacifica_Ocean said:
Yeah that's absurd. And all it takes for people to believe that is an anecdote that other people were willing to die because they believed that happened.
lol some conspiracy theorist
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Nov 24, 2015 2:20 PM

Jun 2015
''God'' made it that way - That would be probably the answer.

Nyeah, I am non religious anways. :D
Nov 24, 2015 4:05 PM

Nov 2009
Paella_ said:
Mr_Mantis said:
lol some conspiracy theorist
It did happen however saying that the reason Jesus was crucified was because he was telling people to be nice to one another is bullshit.

Do also remember that Jesus himself was a Jew, so no shit Christians didn't nail him to the cross seeing as how "Christian" didn't exist yet. Although technically, if there was such a thing as a Christian during Jesus' time, it was a Christian who sold him out resulting in his crucifixion.
Nov 24, 2015 5:06 PM

Jan 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
Mr_Mantis said:

It is also important to note that the Catholic Church actually restricted the Bible from the general public for a long time. Most of those not in power didn't even know what it said for themselves.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Nov 24, 2015 5:11 PM

Jan 2011
mayukachan said:
Because Christianity is the most common one.
Stop with the Christian normative narrative.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » the future of AI girlfriend technology

deg - 3 hours ago

14 by deg »»
15 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

673 by zzz »»
25 minutes ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - Apr 18

46 by _Nette_ »»
37 minutes ago

» For everyone who has signed up to this site using Protonmail, and doesn't use that address for anything else

vasipi4946 - 2 hours ago

1 by traed »»
38 minutes ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - 9 hours ago

14 by traed »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.