Forum Settings
Forums

If Ghosts are real, does that mean God is also real?

New
Nov 20, 2015 9:46 AM

May 2015
I've been thinking about it lately. Then suddenly this question pops-op on my mind...
If God exists, then he should try extending my deadline right now!
~ Kobayashi, Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon - Episode 12
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 20, 2015 9:46 AM

Nov 2013
Define ghost and God.
Signature was not removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Tulip & Flower Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2015 9:47 AM

Dec 2012
Ghosts aren't real lol
Not sure about God though
I mean something made the world right?
Nov 20, 2015 9:47 AM

Sep 2014
No.
Nov 20, 2015 9:48 AM

Nov 2013
TKotarou said:
Ghosts aren't real lol

You can't prove that tho.
Signature was not removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Tulip & Flower Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2015 9:50 AM

Jan 2013
The ghosts are God
Nov 20, 2015 9:51 AM

Feb 2014
I don't believe in ghosts.

I don't believe in God.

There perhaps may be a god, but not God.

Maybe an anime god.

Lel...
Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons.
It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
-Walt Whitman

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Nov 20, 2015 9:53 AM

Dec 2012
Temoze said:
TKotarou said:
Ghosts aren't real lol

have you seen any?
Nov 20, 2015 9:53 AM
Jul 2018
Yes,and he is a muslim.
Nov 20, 2015 9:57 AM

Jul 2014
Temoze said:
TKotarou said:
Ghosts aren't real lol

Prove that they're real.
Nov 20, 2015 9:58 AM

Feb 2013
Who says ghosts are real?

Nov 20, 2015 9:58 AM

Feb 2014
TKotarou said:
Temoze said:

have you seen any?

Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there.
Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons.
It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
-Walt Whitman

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Nov 20, 2015 9:59 AM
Jul 2018
TKotarou said:
Temoze said:

have you seen any?
That's not the way how to prove its existence.
Nov 20, 2015 10:00 AM

Nov 2013
TKotarou said:
Temoze said:

have you seen any?

What makes you think that they should be in the specter of colors visible for human eye?

Lazy said:
Temoze said:

Prove that they're real.

Did i claimed that they are real?

Both of your responses are nonsensical, you just imply things.
Nov 20, 2015 10:00 AM
Dec 2012
I've seen a ghost before and yes I do believe in god.
Nov 20, 2015 10:02 AM

Oct 2014
DejWo said:
Yes,and he is a muslim.
Muslims originated from Africa so god is black
Nov 20, 2015 10:03 AM

Nov 2013
mochabearkawaii said:
DejWo said:
Yes,and he is a muslim.

Theoretically we could imply that people originated in Africa, then imply that we all are black.
Nov 20, 2015 10:05 AM

Jul 2014
Temoze said:

Lazy said:

Prove that they're real.

Did i claimed that they are real?

Both of your responses are nonsensical, you just imply things.

And you saying that it can't be proven wasn't an implication ?
Nov 20, 2015 10:05 AM

Oct 2014
Temoze said:
mochabearkawaii said:

Theoretically we could imply that people originated in Africa, then imply that we all are black.
My nigga
Nov 20, 2015 10:09 AM

Aug 2013
Ghosts will just be echo's left from the past of maybe residual spirit energy still with enough conscious to be able really simple awareness/communication but I doubt they're whole spirits more like left over energy with enough imprinted on it to seem intelligent.

Or they're demons, obviously.
Nov 20, 2015 10:09 AM

Nov 2013
Lazy said:

And you saying that it can't be proven wasn't an implication ?

How is that implication? Do you know any method to in fact disprove ghost existence?
It's a fact that this question is outside science, at least at this point of time, so we can't disprove it in any way.
Nov 20, 2015 10:10 AM

Jul 2015
But ghosts are explicitly against the Bible. I'm bad with quotations but I remember it clearly says they're no such thing as apparitions on the earth. There is only heaven or hell for the dead.
Nov 20, 2015 10:11 AM

Nov 2013
Pacifica_Ocean said:
Ghosts will just be echo's left from the past of maybe residual spirit energy still with enough conscious to be able really simply awareness/communication.

Or they're demons, obviously.

I like the first part of your statement, tho you mistaken at second, Ghost is a spirit with origin from material life form, demon or to be more precise daemon is spirit with non material origin.
Nov 20, 2015 10:12 AM

Aug 2013
bombslayer said:
But ghosts are explicitly against the Bible. I'm bad with quotations but I remember it clearly says they're no such thing as apparitions on the earth. There is only heaven or hell for the dead.

Unless its just residual spirit energy or recordings in natural minerals. I doubt there's actually human spirits roaming because the world would be jam packed with ghosts. I think haunted locations are just natural recorders thanks to minerals or the landscape. Recording the past.

Temoze said:

I like the first part of your statement, tho you mistaken at second, Ghost is a spirit with origin from material life form, demon or to be more precise daemon is spirit with non material origin.

I mean they're often mistaken for spirits. Some place can house or trap a demon which could trick unwary people by preying on their ideas of spirits to better draw in a host. Taking the form of children often calling out, is a common trick.
Nov 20, 2015 10:14 AM

Nov 2013
bombslayer said:

Bible is metaphorical tho heaven and hell are states, also there are purgatory.

We could say that it's in the same place as earth but in different dimension, than it's not in earth as we understand it.

Also god doesn't imply Christian understatement of it.

Pacifica_Ocean
+
As i see you have some knowledge of occult.
Thanks for clearing up the meaning of your previous post. :)
Nov 20, 2015 10:18 AM

Jan 2014
Damn op you a genius

Nov 20, 2015 10:21 AM

Oct 2010
I've seen a Ghost before. He locked some pointless thread in MAL.
Nov 20, 2015 10:23 AM
Jul 2018
Nov 20, 2015 10:25 AM

Feb 2015
God is real because if you don't choose to believe in God you'll be forced to. I'd rather choose, I think.
CaelidesuNov 20, 2015 10:28 AM
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Nov 20, 2015 10:25 AM

Jul 2015
Temoze said:
bombslayer said:

Bible is metaphorical tho heaven and hell are states, also there are purgatory.

We could say that it's in the same place as earth but in different dimension, than it's not in earth as we understand it.

From what I was taught, purgatory was never mentioned in Christianity. It's just another idea man inserts into religion. It even fails in a logical point of view. You already had enough chances in real life? Why would He give you another?
Nov 20, 2015 10:26 AM

Oct 2010
Ghosts are more likely than God, so not necessarily.
Nov 20, 2015 10:27 AM

Mar 2014
Usagi said:

Neither is more likely than the other - from a strictly empirical approach.
[i]"Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!''
~Oscar
[/i]
Nov 20, 2015 10:28 AM

Mar 2008
No, God is not necessary for such things to exist. You're mind has been polluted by Abrahamic religions and not expanded beyond to other concepts.
Nov 20, 2015 10:28 AM

Nov 2013
bombslayer said:

What if your good and bad deeds matches each other then where you should be send?

Tho i do not now whatever it's mentioned in Christianity, well to be more precise I'm not sure, it might be somewhere in Bible put out metaphorically or something. Tho it also might be as you say just to avoid the question i raised. I might look into it later today if i will have enough time.
Nov 20, 2015 10:31 AM

Jul 2015
geniobastardo said:
Usagi said:

Wrong. The existence of God brings an incredible, if not infinite amount of complexity to empirical theories, since God is all-knowing, infinitely powerful, everywhere, all good, etc. It is bullshit.

To say that ghosts exist, the most important thing you would have to do is reject the principle that only physical objects can interact with each other, and that the soul can interact with physical objects as well. http://www.iep.utm.edu/descmind/#H5
Nov 20, 2015 10:33 AM
Oct 2014
No, I don't see why that would be the case. I believe more in ghosts than in a God.

Nov 20, 2015 10:36 AM

Jul 2015
Temoze said:
bombslayer said:

What if your good and bad deeds matches each other then where you should be send?

Tho i do not now whatever it's mentioned in Christianity, well to be more precise I'm not sure, it might be somewhere in Bible put out metaphorically or something. Tho it also might be as you say just to avoid the question i raised. I might look into it later today if i will have enough time.

He doesn't count your sins. You don't even know the simple requirement for heaven is faith alone.
Nov 20, 2015 10:36 AM

Oct 2014
I personally don't believe that either are real. When we die we simply stop existing. There are some animals where a single life of their species is so insignificant that they have thousands of offspring in hopes that some will survive long enough to reproduce. If heaven is real then it would be filled with starving children from Africa, baby turtles, and arthropods. If we were to see ghosts then chances are they were be in one of those groups. There were also probably be a lot of Chinese and Indian ghosts. Ghosts are restricted to their home country (at least not in the lore I've read, not that it's "cannon" anyway), so we probably wouldn't see that many American ghosts.
Nov 20, 2015 10:38 AM
Jul 2018
DejWo said:
Yes,and he is a muslim.
And the discussion about "Why Muslims did xxxx and xxx" begin.
Nov 20, 2015 10:40 AM

May 2015
Temoze said:
Define ghost and God.

Well, you see, Ghosts are spirits that are wandering somewhere and God is the maker of the Earth...

Okay, um... Let me rephrase that. You see, some people don't believe in God because they are atheist. And I didn't read the bible (because it is a very thick book full of deep words and things like that) so I don't know if there's a history about that is related anything about the spirit wandering around. Also, as I watch movies or TV shows (especially "Ghost Hunters"), Ghosts' weakness are related to any Christian accessories such as the crucifix and the holy waters.

So, when people hate religion, they also saying that God is not real so is demons and things like that. But, what if those who don't believe in God saw a wandering spirit passed by... Are they still believing in God now and it's religion?
Nov 20, 2015 10:43 AM

Oct 2014
ImTheJuggernaut said:
Temoze said:
Define ghost and God.

Well, you see, Ghosts are spirits that are wandering somewhere and God is the maker of the Earth...

Okay, um... Let me rephrase that. You see, some people don't believe in God because they are atheist. And I didn't read the bible (because it is a very thick book full of deep words and things like that) so I don't know if there's a history about that is related anything about the spirit wandering around. Also, as I watch movies or TV shows (especially "Ghost Hunters"), Ghosts' weakness are related to any Christian accessories such as the crucifix and the holy waters.

So, when people hate religion, they also saying that God is not real so is demons and things like that. But, what if those who don't believe in God saw a wandering spirit passed by... Are they still believing in God now and it's religion?
If they saw a spirit wander past and they don't believe in spirits then they must be really high. If people already believe in something then they want it to exist so it is more likely for them to see it when it isn't actually there. If they don't believe in it then it takes a lot more for them to actually see it.
Nov 20, 2015 10:45 AM

Aug 2013
bombslayer said:
Temoze said:

He doesn't count your sins. You don't even know the simple requirement for heaven is faith alone.

Yeah well when it says that even sinners only have to repent at the end to be accepted into heaven they don't just mean like a murderer can say he repents and boom into heaven. I think it doesn't me speak it but literally as a soul truly repent so even if you repent your sins at the end if your soul doesn't mean it you truly don't give yourself then it probably won't even work. God will know if those who have sinned really throughout everything that they are that they repent and accept faith truly entirely into themselves at the end.

True acceptance of the otherside beyond life and higher power is common in quite a few things around the world. A lot of monks believed to truly ascend not just christian monks but Buddhist too that you had to be truly willing to give yourself over entirely on faith. If you like, like creepy stuff read up on the self mummifying monks creepy as.
Nov 20, 2015 11:04 AM

Nov 2015
ImTheJuggernaut said:
Temoze said:
Define ghost and God.

It all depends on what people perceive as God. There's a lot of different beliefs out there Monotheism, Pantheism, Panentheism, Agnosticism, Atheism.

Some fringe scientist argue "ghost" or an apparition may be real using the Laws of Thermodynamics as support. Something that interacts with a object or person; that show signs of intelligence I believe would be classified as a daemon.
SolidShadowNov 20, 2015 11:08 PM
Nov 20, 2015 11:06 AM

May 2015
Which god are we talking about? I believe in ~20 gods.
Nov 20, 2015 11:07 AM

Mar 2014
Chiki said:
geniobastardo said:

Wrong. The existence of God brings an incredible, if not infinite amount of complexity to empirical theories, since God is all-knowing, infinitely powerful, everywhere, all good, etc. It is bullshit.

To say that ghosts exist, the most important thing you would have to do is reject the principle that only physical objects can interact with each other, and that the soul can interact with physical objects as well. http://www.iep.utm.edu/descmind/#H5

^dis nigga doesn't know the meaning of 'empirical'.
[i]"Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!''
~Oscar
[/i]
Nov 20, 2015 11:08 AM

May 2012
No. You cannot state explicitly state that the existence of ghosts, means that there is a God. There is a universe out there full of so many possibilities that it would be dishonest to make that your conclusion.

Also, which God are you talking about? There are thousands of Gods across cultures.
Nov 20, 2015 11:18 AM

May 2015
PoeticJustice said:
No. You cannot state explicitly state that the existence of ghosts, means that there is a God. There is a universe out there full of so many possibilities that it would be dishonest to make that your conclusion.

Also, which God are you talking about? There are thousands of Gods across cultures.

The Christian God... Or maybe some Gods in different beliefs...
Nov 20, 2015 11:19 AM

Mar 2014
SnugglyWhuggly said:
No.
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 20, 2015 1:01 PM

Nov 2012
Not if you are a Buddhist.
Nov 20, 2015 1:05 PM
Oct 2015
Yes. Ghosts are real. I have experienced one before
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » In the future there will be battles for love between species from other planets(theory)

Absurdo_N - 9 hours ago

10 by Dracowyn »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - 3 hours ago

7 by Theo1899 »»
28 minutes ago

» I'm a coomer, but the important question is...

LenRea - 1 hour ago

2 by LenRea »»
30 minutes ago

Poll: » If we eat the mermaid's tail, is it cannibalism or is it fish meat?

Absurdo_N - 11 hours ago

25 by Dracowyn »»
56 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

674 by Hitagi__Furude »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.