Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 20, 2015 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I thought this episode was funny for the first half, especially with Yato's usual trolling.

Not sure how I feel about Bishamon's role in this as she's getting more of a break for the arc. There's still glimpses of Yato's past, which I think is very important about his character.

LOL, Yukine's makeover was priceless. Nora's aggression and behavior in this arc towards Yato really is unsettling to watch imo. Pretty cruel too.
Nov 20, 2015 8:35 AM

Nov 2007
lol @ how he has approved. He must be too happy about what she's done and told him. KajiKaji's character asked FukuJun's character, the sempai of shinki "leader", to become stronger. Poor him, though, by getting his face drawn.

When HiroC's character wanting to get that annoying ex-shinki away, he got attacked and went missing. She forced him to be old him again. Ebisu guy is somehow weak. The main girl met a guy from her high school... He must save someone before being released?

A lady who looks like main girl, and battle against Ebisu guy?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 20, 2015 9:40 AM

Sep 2010

LOL, the first half was hilarious but wow did the second half make a complete 180 from comedic to dramatic. The balance in comedy and drama are one of the reasons I love Noragami.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Nov 20, 2015 9:57 AM

Jan 2012
Why don't we get a Hiyori bath scene every week? :D Well that got dark ridiculously fast. That bitch Nora, and that's all I'll call her don't give a crap about her real name, needs to go, the "father" too. I'm starting to think every god besides Tenjin and maybe Kofuku's something of a moron in the Noragami world, nobody bothered to question Ebisu? Who was that dolled up woman in the preview? It wasn't Hiyori was it? Oh goodness...

Mod Edit: Removed quote of a deleted post.
TenshoJan 24, 2017 10:04 PM
Nov 20, 2015 9:59 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Well this episode went from 0 to 100 real quick O_O and we got a cameo for the annoying dude I heard about *shrug*

First half was really sweet and funny with Yato just acting all happy and junk which made me happy because he really deserved to feel like that and Yukine training

Second half got real as fuck with Nora and I dunno of the pacing was just off or if something was rushed but Yato has been gone for a month O.o And to top it all off the dude became an assassin

My goodness this is getting intense and tragic because I feel bad for Yato and Hiyori (This episode made me ship them even more) :(
TokoyaNov 20, 2015 10:03 AM
Nov 20, 2015 10:17 AM

Aug 2010
Friggin huge shift from the first half to the second one.

Lol'd at Yato visiting the office before closing hours to have them accept his registration XD
And how he was having chatting with the housewives like that lol

Yato using a Yukine as an excuse to go to Capypa land and actually being the one who wants to go was funny XD

2nd half finding out about Yato's second job which has been letting him alive all these centuries was awesome. Bet not many saw that coming :P The way he was killing mercilessly like that was epic. Dat cold look in his eyes!!

Gotta love how mad he got when he realized how much time passed since he's seen Hiyori. Hiiro was really shocked. If that doesn't tell u something I don't know what would

Friggin can't wait for Izanami :3 not so much for Fujisaki....
Nov 20, 2015 10:33 AM

Oct 2015
Yatos such a drama queen xD
really funny to watch him but shoot, the second half was dark. I enjoy it, hopefully he'll get out of there somehow

Btw I like this little guy who tried to confess to Hiyori, such a sweetheart :D
Nov 20, 2015 10:45 AM

Feb 2015

It's so cute how much Yato loves his little shrine. It was really sweet of Hiyori to do that for him.

I hope Hiyori won't forget him. ;__; Wonder who this father is.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2015 10:49 AM

Feb 2015
Tokoya said:

Second half got real as fuck with Nora and I dunno of the pacing was just off or if something was rushed but Yato has been gone for a month O.o

The episode was super fast-paced. And I guess the rest of the season will be the same. Which, in a way is good because everything will be super intense, but at the same time, you can't miss a second of any episode!

On the time thing. Perhaps Yato will explain it next episode but, that house Yato, Hiiro and Father are in is the Far Shore, where there are no seasons and time is completely random. A day there, could be a week in the Near Shore.
Noragami reading/watching order: http://blessedyuki.tumblr.com/noragami-guide

"2016 will be the year of Sanji" - Eiichiro Oda
Nov 20, 2015 10:58 AM

Jul 2012
Easy to to summarize this episode into two parts. The first part was really nice, funny and sweet with Yato being really happy that he has his own shrine and everything and they also talk a little about his past. Then the second part takes a complete 180 with Nora taking Yato away and making him do what he used to do before and this spans for around a month till he wants to leave. We get a mention of Nora's father who seems to be in charge and Yato has to go to the underworld. We also get some of Ebisu trying to make a phantom into a regalia and also someone mysterious talking to him. But overall pretty interesting episode that really starts the build up for this new arc.

Here is my full review on the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9rBYLpmgk4&feature=youtu.be
Nov 20, 2015 11:02 AM

Aug 2014
Oi, oi, they're changing beats and pieces, and after thinking for a moment, I don't like it. For a moment it's nothing big, but I'm worried they might be tempted to change more stuff.

But generally it was a good episode and we'll see how it goes.

EDIT: I'm also worried, because the PV of thenext episode has scenes from 4 chapters of manga ahead. That's really rushed.
AraneaeNov 20, 2015 11:09 AM
Nov 20, 2015 11:08 AM

Aug 2008
This series could be so much better if it was about that kind of Yato, not the tracksuit wearing walking pop cliche.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 20, 2015 11:16 AM

Aug 2015
This anime keeps getting better and better...I hope by the end of this season more of Yato's past will be revealed...
Nov 20, 2015 11:20 AM

Nov 2014
Looking Yato being fragile is so sadistic. He is still being binded by his past.
Nov 20, 2015 11:29 AM

Sep 2014
Angry Yato = best Yato.
Nov 20, 2015 11:32 AM

Apr 2014
This was to good.
---------My Profile------------
Nov 20, 2015 11:37 AM
Mar 2010
I have a lot to say about this episode, but most of you have said it here already. My only beef is...uh, how are they going to do the Ebisu arc in 5 episodes? This episode itself felt rushed.

And ugh, that despicable specimen has finally shown his face. And I have to see more of him next time with one of the most disgusting scenes ever in Noragami. I hate him so much....so much...
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Nov 20, 2015 11:41 AM

Aug 2015
The pacing isn't bothering me too much but it has been awhile since I read the manga so I don't quite recall how everything went down.

Felt so bad for Yato in this ep. Damn that trash dad and Nora.
Nov 20, 2015 11:54 AM

Aug 2013
Well, the tides sure changed quickly. I'm kinda wondering why Nora and that ''Father'' brought him sooner if it was that easy.

I think I cough just like Daikoku when Yato said that he'd make Hiyori the happiest girl in the world.

5 yens to murder someone? Yato is basically a prostitute at this point. He won't have that giant shrine harem anytime soon.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 20, 2015 12:13 PM
Jul 2018
Yato is murdering someone now for a 5 yen coin!
Nov 20, 2015 12:13 PM

Jul 2014
And once again Nora (who is actually called Hiiro, as it turns out) fucks everything up by forcing Yato to become a ruthless killing machine.
Nov 20, 2015 12:42 PM

Jul 2013
Dafuq is this dafuq is that dafuq did just happen

I felt that they really rushed that part after meeting Nora it felt kinda off to me

and wtf is Yukine thinking saying "He's probably with Nora" like it's nothing.

and dayuum that last part where Yato goes on rampage was really good

looks like that Father guy scares the shit out of Yato or something.

I'm really hyped for next week episode specially after watching the PV
Nov 20, 2015 12:44 PM

Jan 2015
This series is just 11/10 IMO.
Nov 20, 2015 12:47 PM

Jul 2014
And so, my favorite arc from the manga finally starts in the anime
Nov 20, 2015 12:48 PM

Aug 2014
for those who haven't read the manga, you should watch the ova from season one. It patches up things after the last arc.

ahh, nice episode. it is always nice when we see yato's past. The amount of hints dropped in this episodes are amazing too. I pity ebisu though.

bishamon looked amazing <33 (and so did yukine with his ink haha) and ofc that trash showed up.
Nov 20, 2015 12:50 PM

Jan 2015
and it was going so well.... but I'm so excited for this arc
Nov 20, 2015 12:58 PM

Apr 2012
I am looking forward to the NTR

For some reason I actually like Nora (cute in a strange sort of way) better than Hiyori, not so much the dad though.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Nov 20, 2015 1:00 PM

Apr 2015
The_Deceiver said:
A̶n̶g̶r̶y̶ Stalker Yato = best Yato.

FTFY.
Capypa Land huh? ( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Another enjoyable episode. And of course trash dad showed up. I can't wait to see people reaction when they find out who is Yato's dad XD That preview tho...
Nov 20, 2015 1:06 PM

Dec 2013
That was a massive shift from the first half to the second half. Didn't expect him to suddenly to go the dark side so suddenly.

Very curious who this father guy is.
Nov 20, 2015 1:07 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, was not expecting that big of a change but hey, I'm not complaining since I'm quite liking it. Looking forward to this arc.
Nov 20, 2015 1:31 PM
Oct 2015
Even though nobody likes nora she does make yato's backstory a lot more interesting and mysterious
Nov 20, 2015 1:41 PM

Oct 2015
Pretty interesting and quick episode. Seems like Yato is finally coming into contact with the mystery mask people, and I'm glad for some of that to hopefully get cleared up next episode. Even if I have to deal with the Nora. Really not a fan of Nora, even if she does add some interesting aspects of Yato's past.

Yukine all grown up and growing more and more responsible.

I'm not a fan of that old guy and his Harem. He just wants Yato and Hiyori to stay away from each other a little bit too much considering he knows that without people remembering Yato he will disappear. Those little hints he was giving... Shaking my head bro you couldn't be more obvious.

Same as last episode with the heart warming little shrine, it's so cute.

My only problem was this episode was Yato beating down the dogs in masks. Of course, it was fitting and I understand it, even well made I suppose. Just something about it ticks me off the wrong way. Ah well I can't let that ruin a perfectly good episode.

Most memorable moment: Probably Yato beating the dogs down. I didn't like it personally, but it did stick out.

Nov 20, 2015 1:44 PM

Jul 2013
Dat shift between halfs, lol. In one you have Yato doing silly things like he always does and in other we see him killing people, lol. I wonder who is his father. Nora is cute as always. I hope that Hiyori doesn't forget Yato.

I wonder what rol will have Ebisu in this.
Nov 20, 2015 1:56 PM

Jul 2015
The last part went really quickly. i wonder how Yato is going to explain killing people for 5yen to Hiyori and Yukine.
Nov 20, 2015 2:10 PM
Dec 2013
Lupe said:
Dafuq is this dafuq is that dafuq did just happen

I felt that they really rushed that part after meeting Nora it felt kinda off to me

and wtf is Yukine thinking saying "He's probably with Nora" like it's nothing.

and dayuum that last part where Yato goes on rampage was really good

looks like that Father guy scares the shit out of Yato or something.

I'm really hyped for next week episode specially after watching the PV

That part with Yukine is like his way of snubbing off Yato for pretty much keeping him in the dark about Nora. It goes back to S1 when he realized he wasn't Yato's exclusive regalia which led to a portion of his teenage angst. Obviously he's grown a lot since then, but he's still a bit bitter about that situation (and rightfully so given the context) although he seems to accept it. I think at this point he realizes Yato is using Nora for something unsavory that he doesn't want him to see (I don't remember from the manga) so he's just kinda like "fine, whatever bro. Be that way."

TL;DR - His nonchalant attitude towards Yato's disappearance is his tsundere side going "hmph".

In regards to the pacing from good feels to dark as hell, I definitely agree to an extent. I think they could've crammed most of the first half into last episode and left the majority of this episode to Yato's hidden darker side. Also, to explain the time loop a bit better, I believe the manga said that time in heaven (where Yato is shacked up with Nora) isn't the same as the human world, so that explained a little better of Yato's rabid mental state and loss of time in regards to Hiyori. My memory is very hazy about that former part though.
Nov 20, 2015 2:24 PM

Feb 2015
snizzar said:

TL;DR - His nonchalant attitude towards Yato's disappearance is his tsundere side going "hmph".

It's not only that. Yukine worrying or getting mad/jealous would only hurt Yato wherever he is, so he decides to remain calm and train with Kazuma in the meantime.
Noragami reading/watching order: http://blessedyuki.tumblr.com/noragami-guide

"2016 will be the year of Sanji" - Eiichiro Oda
Nov 20, 2015 2:27 PM

May 2015
^
This...

Barion-Zara said:
Friggin huge shift from the first half to the second one.

Finding out about Yato's second job which has been letting him alive all these centuries was awesome. Bet not many saw that coming :P The way he was killing mercilessly like that was epic. Dat cold look in his eyes!!
I'm not ashamed to say: "I didn't see that coming..." Why Yato, why???

chiefpetu said:
I wonder how Yato is going to explain killing people for 5yen to Hiyori and Yukine.
Also this... Not only to them but to everyone he has kept this a secret fellow Gods & Regalia that know him... Im very intrigued. I wonder how this show will reveal the information about these incident to other characters plus which ones accept Yato (forgive him) and which one alienate from Yato (Doesn't approve of what he was doing behind their back)...
Nov 20, 2015 2:34 PM

Jun 2014
Such a dramatic shift from comedy to drama between the two halves of this episode. One moment Yato is throwing a tantrum, and the next he's mercilessly killing people for 5 yen.

This episode also felt kind of rushed though, and some of the transitions from scene to scene seemed very sudden. Looking forward to the rest of the arc though.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 20, 2015 2:38 PM
Jul 2018
The first half was really funny.
The second half though... damn, that Nora is really annoying >_>
We need to know more of Yato's past. I hope we know it soon!
Nov 20, 2015 2:57 PM

Mar 2014
I'm just so confused. We've literally seen Yato teleporting to other areas, so why couldn't he teleport away when the Nora attacked him?
Nov 20, 2015 3:01 PM

Jul 2015
Yukine training with Kazuma XD
I hate to see the Yato with Nora just because SPOILER his father
Nov 20, 2015 3:26 PM

Jan 2014
What I don't get is that if gods can do no evil, how can Ebisu be messing around like that?

Good to see Yato has not accepted his current situation though, and still wants to go back to Hiyori. It makes a distinct moral difference.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Nov 20, 2015 3:51 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode, the plot is really good, initially showed the calmness of Yato after getting his own place, then shows the insecurity of Hyori and finally Yato being coerced to do some 'dirty' works, I look forward to see what will happen next week ..
Nov 20, 2015 3:55 PM

May 2015
Can Nora fuck off and stop making Yato do bad stuff...
It's like he's the same Yato back then :(
Nov 20, 2015 4:11 PM

Aug 2012
The YatoHiyo feelings are strong in this one :P

But whoa... What a twist. I wonder who is this father guy and how he can restrain Yato so well... I have an idea of who is him, but I might spit some spoiler...
"Could you not talk with me? I'm busy breathing."
Nov 20, 2015 4:26 PM

Jan 2014
Next week's preview looks promising...I am assuming "the father" is either the energetic blonde god or the guy who bumped into Hiyori and trying to make her forget about Yato...Didnt read the manga tho...But %99 i will start reading soon...These cliffhangers are killing me..
Nov 20, 2015 4:40 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, very jarring how fast Yato was kidnapped and forced to kill people.
Nov 20, 2015 5:00 PM

Nov 2014
Trash dad is here and shit's gonna get real. Pacing was a little jarring with the sudden tonal shift but still decent episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2015 5:29 PM
Nov 2015
I just have to say one thing... I hate Nora so much. Such a creep. Rie Kugimiya really does her justice, too. The intensity is too great. I can't wait for next week's episode!

On a lighter note, I was so excited to hear Yato say, "I'll make Hiyori the happiest girl in the world." Very sweet how deeply he values her existence. Making him that shrine... Hiyori thought it was such a simple thing, but it meant the world to him. Haha, imagine what it would be like to have the affections of a god... poor Hiyori. He wouldn't leave her alone! :)
Nov 20, 2015 5:48 PM

Dec 2012
Nice to see Yato's shrine officially recognized.
Good to see Yukine wanting to get stronger by learning invocation from Kazuma.
Lol that ink drawing on Yukine's face.
Yato going back to Nora/Hiiro. Wonder who this conjurer is from the underworld.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noragami Aragoto Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2015

192 by Siigma777 »»
Mar 17, 10:03 PM

» Im getting too old for this anime

DatajI - Mar 9

9 by Fenyy »»
Mar 9, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Noragami Aragoto Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2015

412 by TheAnimeWeeb101 »»
Feb 25, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Noragami Aragoto Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2015

317 by yarwe »»
Jan 16, 4:38 AM

» Is there going to be a next Season for this series, because it is really great?

m_vahhaaj - Oct 5, 2023

27 by animejas »»
Dec 14, 2023 7:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.