Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 18, 2015 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol Yuriko and Shoutarou all dressed up XD

I thought the episode had a funny mood do it with the cafe theme with the maids and stuff. Kinda feels different from the usual mystery tropes. The Osteology stuff was interesting, at least it retained realism with the terms.

Sakurako's fascination about bones never ceases to amuse me.
Past of her past is shown again and I hope more of that will be explored in the overall story this season.
Nov 18, 2015 10:38 AM

Jan 2012
Sakurako-san visits the cultural festival and helps categorize an old professor's backlog of bones in a slower, more Sakurako-heavy episode. I don't pay attention to those "romance" jokes regarding her and Shotaro, but her apparently cold and methodical treatment of her cat's death brought an interesting exchange between them. Well this was another "Part 1" episode, but there was no immediate sense of danger style cliffhanger. Is this really just Sakurako-san trying to solve the mystery of her dead cat, or something more? Maybe related to her lost brother?
Nov 18, 2015 10:45 AM
Jul 2018
Sakurako visits the cultural festival and categorizes the old professor's backlog of bones.
Nov 18, 2015 10:58 AM

Jul 2010
Any place they visit becomes somewhat grim, from the science room to that of Sakurako's home resembling an abandoned house, the contrast of how some life and light can make the place from soothing to being unpleasant.

Natsuko writing the short poem, to Sasaki-sensei keeping her bones, was that all merely just to make Sakurako think about her cat again.

A droplet of water. Is it from the rain or from someone crying? Even her meeting with her uncle is quite unusual.
Nov 18, 2015 11:03 AM

Feb 2015

Sakurako is a grown woman. Why does she need permission from her Gran to eat cakes?

Cute.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2015 11:07 AM

Nov 2012
meh episode,
nothing really interesting happened apart from the ending.
Izozaki was actually a bit annoying on this episode.
Nov 18, 2015 11:10 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was a little different from all the episodes. I actually like this atmosphere more.
Looking forward to next episode!
Nov 18, 2015 11:18 AM

Apr 2010
Bit of a slow episode but watching Kougami in her ghost outfit made it worth it.
Seems Sakurako has a special bond with cats seeing as she owned one herself and even assembled it's skeleton.
And Shoutarou didn't like that idea at all, he is very emotional.

And it seems dealing with girls is something he isn't very good at.
Nov 18, 2015 11:25 AM

Aug 2013
Yuriko best girl <3
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 18, 2015 11:28 AM

Jul 2014
Slow episode with an ominous yet interesting atmosphere. Nothing much really stands out, but I do wonder why Shoutarou got so intensely angry and emotional about Sakurako turning her dead cat into a specimen. Sure, his morals probably play into it, but if it was only because of that I doubt he'd react as strongly as he did. Eh, maybe it's just the show's less than stellar writing at work again.
Nov 18, 2015 11:36 AM
Aug 2015
lol shoutarou is such a pussy
PogChamp
Nov 18, 2015 11:37 AM

Nov 2011
SchwingBoner said:

Sakurako is a grown woman. Why does she need permission from her Gran to eat cakes?

Doesn't matter if you're an adult or child, if you eat dessert before eating Grandmothers dinner, she can be terrifying, that's a fact of life.

I can see why Shoutarou got angry at Sakurako, I mean a Pet is something that should be buried or cremated so I can understand why he was upset at her. However he's gaining more knowledge about her by the day so these kind of instances really shouldn't surprise him anymore. Like when they found the bones of Natsuko he wasn't shocked at all.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 18, 2015 11:46 AM

Feb 2015
i get a feeling that Sakurako is getting more cuter in this episode, ONLY IN THE FIRST HALF THOUGH.
Overall , it's a decent episode i guess.
this episode is so confusing to me.

And that second half , i don't think i'm enjoying it.
Nov 18, 2015 11:56 AM

Feb 2015
I'm not really sure where this show is going. The pacing in this episode was glacial. Wonder who was in the bed?
Nov 18, 2015 11:58 AM

Feb 2013
Shotaro looked like he was gonna cry when he heard how cold Sakurako was when talking about a cat that died years ago. What an overreacting baby.
Nov 18, 2015 12:13 PM
Sep 2015
aratinga said:
lol shoutarou is such a pussy

most annoying character in the series second is yuri
Nov 18, 2015 12:33 PM

Jun 2015
That Isozaki sensei is annoying as usual, Akira Ishida's voice acting really fit him.

His reaction when they found the bones was satisfying to watch.
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was the slowest episode i've seen this season, nothing happened xD

The ending minutes were very interesting though.

Jan 2013
gedata said:
What an overreacting baby.
Shoutarou please.

But ok, so Sakurako-san stole the cat bones? What does she need them for? What is in that black book? Who was the one in the bed? What is Sakurako-san looking for? Questions, questions. Probably answers in the upcoming episodes.
Nov 18, 2015 12:48 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Smudy said:
That was the slowest episode i've seen this season, nothing happened xD

The ending minutes were very interesting though.
My thoughts exactly
Nov 18, 2015 12:55 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
gedata said:
Shotaro looked like he was gonna cry when he heard how cold Sakurako was when talking about a cat that died years ago. What an overreacting baby.

Lol, he actually did tear up afterwards. I guess his heart got shattered after realizing that he can't be osteophilic like Sakurako, and they're very different people despite the "connection" he felt between them. So sad..

Nov 18, 2015 1:07 PM

May 2015
just make yuriko a main chara already
pretty exciting build up ,aybe we will get to see some depth next episode
Nov 18, 2015 1:18 PM

Nov 2014
Shoutarou's whining was the worst. The last 5 minutes were interesting though.
Nov 18, 2015 1:45 PM

Jan 2014
It was an interesting episode, also because we slowly get to see that Sakurako is not just quirky: there actually is something off about her.

I am really starting to wonder about her supposed fiancé. Apart from the fact that we have not seen him, it is rather hard to imagine that a woman like her, with a teenage guardian and a grandmother that scolds her for not finishing her plate at dinner, would have an average joe fiancé off working on his career. You would expect her fiancé to be more concerned about her wellbeing or her to cling more to her fiancé. Neither of those seems to be the case, in fact the role of dependable man falls entirely on Shoutarou, and her fiancé is just fine with that.

Shoutarou himself is an odd one at that too. He is often just plain rude towards or about Sakurako, yet evidently cares more for her than a concerned acquaintance would. Sensei was dead on (seriously, with all the hate that guys is getting on the MMAL forums, I am giving him more and more credits).

SoraSenpai said:
I can see why Shoutarou got angry at Sakurako, I mean a Pet is something that should be buried or cremated so I can understand why he was upset at her.

He was not truly upset at her because of how she treated the cat, but rather because of how incomprehensive she was of his attitude towards her treatment of it, and the difference between the two of them it signifies.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Nov 18, 2015 2:23 PM

Jul 2015
Is it just me who finds Shoutarou somewhat annoying? Hes so naive, this isn't shounen where the mc wants to save everyone without killing anyone.
Nov 18, 2015 2:24 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Meh episode. Shoutarou is such an annoying/boring MC. This anime gives me the same feeling as Subete ga F ni Naru. You wanna go for a slower pace, sure, but what the hell are you gonna do in one cour?! But I got to see Yuriko in that costume so... +1

3/5
Nov 18, 2015 2:36 PM

Aug 2013
Absolutely NOTHING happened, I can't just understand where the show is going. And the MC is annoying as f*ck. The anime started a bit bad, but the last episodes were truly horrible.

2/5 for me.
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Nov 18, 2015 2:44 PM

Feb 2013
Vindstot said:
gedata said:

Lol, he actually did tear up afterwards. I guess his heart got shattered after realizing that he can't be osteophilic like Sakurako, and they're very different people despite the "connection" he felt between them. So sad..

She's been acting this way around him for the entire series (you know, how she's always distant, with an overly pragmatic, non-sentimental way of thinking). She even brought up her dead brother in conversation in an early episode like it wasn't a bid deal to her anymore. Him failing to understand Sakurako on such a basic level just shows how little the relationship between the two has developed, which helps to make it even harder to care about either of them.
Nov 18, 2015 2:44 PM

Jul 2011
Laionidas said:
Shoutarou himself is an odd one at that too. He is often just plain rude towards or about Sakurako, yet evidently cares more for her than a concerned acquaintance would. Sensei was dead on (seriously, with all the hate that guys is getting on the MMAL forums, I am giving him more and more credits).

SoraSenpai said:
I can see why Shoutarou got angry at Sakurako, I mean a Pet is something that should be buried or cremated so I can understand why he was upset at her.

He was not truly upset at her because of how she treated the cat, but rather because of how incomprehensive she was of his attitude towards her treatment of it, and the difference between the two of them it signifies.

He's like that with Sakurako because he perceives that he has a special relationship with her though. The cat conversation kind of rejected that notion, so he got upset. Shoutarou believes that he understands Sakurako and can accept her quirks, but is disillusioned because their disagreement shows that they don't have the connection that he thinks they do.

I have a feeling that Sakurako keeps Ulca's bones close to her because she wants to keep her cat close. That might be wrong, but I could see her wanting that unconsciously. Or maybe the cat dying represented something else to do with her brother. That would be interesting.
MirorinNov 18, 2015 2:48 PM
Nov 18, 2015 2:47 PM

Nov 2014
Another mini-arc, and not a really interesting one
Nov 18, 2015 2:51 PM

Dec 2014
SPOOKY SCARY SKELETONS.

Also, another mini-arc. And quite honestly I don't know what it will be about.

Though, that computer did remind me of the one from Courage the Cowardly Dog, only silent. (And more plain.)

Note: If this arc ends the same way as the last one did I'm DEFINITELY dropping the score for this show.
Nov 18, 2015 2:55 PM

Jan 2014
Mirorin said:
I have a feeling that Sakurako keeps Ulca's bones close to her because she wants to keep her cat close. That might be wrong, but I could see her wanting that unconsciously. Or maybe the cat dying represented something else to do with her brother. That would be interesting.

Both probably.

It must have something to do with the way she processes loss of something/someone she has a connection with, be it a different connection than most people have. Hence she made the same emotional link upon encountering the remains of another cat.

I also think Shoutarou completely misread the cat situation. He realises she is different, but he does not yet realise that her way of dealing with things in a diffferent manner does not mean those things are not real to her. In other words, in reality the cat conversation did not necessarily reject the notion the he could have a special relationship with her. He is just too dense to see that.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Nov 18, 2015 4:24 PM

May 2015
This episode was pretty slow, and nothing much happened. Hope we'll soon learn more about Sakurako's past.

Nov 18, 2015 4:24 PM

Oct 2011
Basically nothing happened until the last minutes of the episode, but it was fun, at least for me.

I can't get enough of Sakurako.
Nov 18, 2015 4:36 PM

Jul 2014
LOL the begining of the episode made me something so sinister happened. LOL SHOUTARO OVERREACTING TO EVERYTHING. However, im still tryng to feel this anime. its very wierd and i dont really get a sense of plot from it, but i love watching it
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Nov 18, 2015 4:50 PM

Jul 2012
It was a rather slow episode but I did like the ominous suspenseful atmosphere that was in the episode. This episode did have some rather interesting things to build up for the next episode like Shoutarou's feelings for Sakurako, the question of who is this fiance, and of course the unsolved mystery at the end that probably is connected to the cat and maybe her brother. I honestly cant wait to see the next episode to see where they go from here.

Here is my full review on the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ec4QoG18Zk&feature=youtu.be
Nov 18, 2015 4:57 PM

Jul 2015
Pretty slow episode, but I liked the overall feeling to it. Felt like it was introducing an interesting possibility for +development to happen in the next couple of episodes.
Nov 18, 2015 5:18 PM
Sep 2014
Crashmatt said:
I'm not really sure where this show is going. The pacing in this episode was glacial. Wonder who was in the bed?

Sakurako's uncle. The one said to have helped the police out with many cases back in episode 1.
Nov 18, 2015 5:18 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
ehh ...
Still curious about what its all about but seriously these lasts episode were meh. :/
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 18, 2015 5:42 PM

May 2015
Is this supposed to be a healing anime? Murder and death don't seem very healing to me...
Nov 18, 2015 6:19 PM

Oct 2015
too many good things in a single episode. Shotaro Butler. Sakurako dress was simple but cute. When she chastised the Professor by the State of the bones. And I asked as payment, clear much amused. The serious part moved me enough. I can't wait the second part.
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Nov 18, 2015 8:12 PM

Dec 2014
abyss333 said:
LOL the begining of the episode made me something so sinister happened. LOL SHOUTARO OVERREACTING TO EVERYTHING.
However, im still tryng to feel this anime. its very wierd and i dont really get a sense of plot from it, but i love watching it

:)
Nov 18, 2015 8:23 PM

Dec 2014
Pretty slow episode. The end was fairly interesting, Well it did say part 1 so this episode is probably just a build up for future events.
Nov 18, 2015 8:26 PM

Aug 2013
The relationship between the protagonists is a bit complicated, I do not really like the way Shoutarou is very submissive, already Yuriko was quite cute, I'm looking forward to seeing the development of the anime ..
Nov 18, 2015 9:19 PM

Jun 2014
This was a pretty slow episode, and it didn't really get somewhat interesting until the last few minutes. These last couple of episodes have been pretty uninteresting, and I have no idea where this anime is trying to go.

Also, are we ever going to get back to that mysterious black-haired man that we saw like 2 episodes ago? Maybe after this mini-arc that I'm assuming will also be 2 parts, we'll see him again. But yeah, another meh episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 18, 2015 9:35 PM

Mar 2014
How can i love one MC so much but hate the other just as much.

I actually liked the episode if you cut out shoutarou's whining.

Sakurako is character of the season for me.
Nov 18, 2015 10:33 PM
Jun 2012
Aversa said:

[...] assembled it's skeleton.
And Shoutarou didn't like that idea at all, he is very emotional.

And it seems dealing with girls is something he isn't very good at.

I think that's consistent characterisation. He can't accept that something you care about is also a biological creature. And obviously, the girls aren't especially assertive, that's another lie he tells himself, it's him that's meek.

aifukola said:

But ok, so Sakurako-san stole the cat bones? What does she need them for? What is in that black book? Who was the one in the bed? What is Sakurako-san looking for? Questions, questions. Probably answers in the upcoming episodes.

Some of that was answered in the episode. But I think this may be a three parter. They haven't really established a mystery to solve, and there are only scattered clues.
Nov 18, 2015 10:38 PM

Mar 2015
This was kind of another weak episode. Also another setup episode of a two parter.

We get it. That Sakurako is kind of heartless since we meet her in the beginning. Now we're going to go to her past about the cat.

Also shonen, stop going for Sakurako. I don't really think Sakurako is kind of the person needs a romance. And please don't pull the I will marry you and take you away from your fiance bullshit.

Nov 18, 2015 10:45 PM

Jun 2015
Did anyone else notice that Yuri only greeted Sakurako and didnt even acknowledge Shoutarou until he spoke to her? Me thinks Yuri has some 'yuri' feelings for Sakurako.
Nov 18, 2015 10:58 PM

Sep 2013
Slow episode but, I think It just build up for the second part
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2015

211 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2015

117 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2015

96 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2015

109 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2015

80 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.