Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 18, 2015 8:24 AM

Nov 2014
I hate abortion, and I wish that people didn't get them. With that said, I can't get pregnant; the legality of abortion should be debated between those who can.
Nov 18, 2015 8:33 AM

Apr 2011
People would attempt abortions or they'd have back alley abortion clinics no matter what, so personally having it legal is the safest and most logical thing to do.
Nov 18, 2015 8:46 AM
Jul 2018
EminemVEVO said:
Yeah, it should be an option.

If you don't want to have a child then you shouldn't be forced to.
Nov 18, 2015 10:10 AM

May 2015
aikaflip said:
I hate abortion, and I wish that people didn't get them. With that said, I can't get pregnant; the legality of abortion should be debated between those who can.

I'm surprised you're so pro-life. You come off as one of those intelligent people who understand life isn't a blessing.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Nov 18, 2015 10:44 AM

Apr 2009
of course. people should have rights over their own body

all of you being like "yes only in case of rape" need to shut the fuck up
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Nov 18, 2015 10:44 AM

Nov 2014
It is legal here. I don't see why it shouldn't be tbh.
Nov 18, 2015 10:59 AM

Apr 2009
TheBrainintheJar said:
aikaflip said:

I'm surprised you're so pro-life. You come off as one of those intelligent people who understand life isn't a blessing.

i think they're actually pro-choice, just anti-abortions
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Nov 18, 2015 2:34 PM

May 2015
kawaiiyuris said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

i think they're actually pro-choice, just anti-abortions

I meant 'pro-life' as in, Aikaflip seems to consider life to have a positive value. I lean towareds antinatalism - I don't think life is a good thing, in and of itself.
Nov 19, 2015 5:19 PM
Sep 2013
kawaiiyuris said:

Ahh, the "sanctimonious tumblr kid temper tantrum" school of debate, i see you've mastered it
Nov 19, 2015 5:20 PM

Nov 2015
coromandel said:
Zazie122 said:
Yes. Anyone who says otherwise is a shitty person.

goodnight

Nov 19, 2015 5:22 PM

Jun 2015
I have no issue with it, but I don't understand why the people who are for it argue from the perspective of it not being murder. It is very clearly murder in the same way that stepping on a spider or swatting a fly is murder. Either way,
TheBrainintheJar said:
I lean towareds antinatalism - I don't think life is a good thing, in and of itself.
Nov 19, 2015 5:23 PM

Jul 2012
GodAndTheBear said:
kawaiiyuris said:

Ahh, the "sanctimonious tumblr kid temper tantrum" school of debate, i see you've mastered it

Nice counter argument. /sarcasm
Nov 19, 2015 5:23 PM
May 2015
Alexspier said:
It should only be legal if;
- Rape
- Fetus diagnosed with some type of deformity/illness.
Otherwise take responsibility.
classic Alexspier
Nov 19, 2015 5:24 PM

Jun 2015
mayukachan said:
GodAndTheBear said:

Nice counter argument. /sarcasm

implying there was an argument in the first place. It was literally just a person telling everyone to shut the fuck up...
Nov 19, 2015 5:26 PM

Jul 2007
I'm pro-choice. It's a matter of choice for the one pregnant, so my opinion on whether they should keep it or get rid of it is no one's business but their own. Plus,

Fintan said:
People would attempt abortions or they'd have back alley abortion clinics no matter what, so personally having it legal is the safest and most logical thing to do.
Nov 19, 2015 5:28 PM

Jun 2015
magsticker said:
I'm pro-choice. It's a matter of choice for the one pregnant, so my opinion on whether they should keep it or get rid of it is no one's business but their own.

it's still technically murder. That argument doesn't really make much sense.

Fintan said:

this one does though. Good job fintan, couldn't have put it better.
Nov 19, 2015 5:31 PM

Nov 2013
Only in case of rape, danger to mother and/or child's health (including incest), and anything I'm forgetting. If you know you can't afford to properly raise a child you should avoid pregnancy at all costs, so simply don't have sex when you know a pregnancy would be detrimental to you and your child.
Nov 19, 2015 5:33 PM

Jul 2007
Ravioli_Ravioli said:
magsticker said:
I'm pro-choice. It's a matter of choice for the one pregnant, so my opinion on whether they should keep it or get rid of it is no one's business but their own.

it's still technically murder. That argument doesn't really make much sense.

Didn't say it wasn't.
Nov 19, 2015 5:34 PM

Jul 2012
RyanEnsign said:
simply don't have sex when you know a pregnancy would be detrimental to you and your child.

don't have sex in general lol

because even condoms aren't surefire nor are pills. it's like 1 percent if you use pills, i read
Nov 19, 2015 5:41 PM

Nov 2013
mayukachan said:
RyanEnsign said:
simply don't have sex when you know a pregnancy would be detrimental to you and your child.

because even condoms aren't surefire nor are pills. it's like 1 percent if you use pills, i read
Well, only if you really never, ever want to have children. I'd like to at SOME point so if I had the means to raise a child and it happened accidentally, at that point I would probably just keep the child.
Nov 19, 2015 5:46 PM

Mar 2008
Legal in but with limits of excluding late term except special exceptions and regulations of procedural methods.
Nov 19, 2015 6:19 PM

Jul 2012
RyanEnsign said:
mayukachan said:

Well, only if you really never, ever want to have children. I'd like to at SOME point so if I had the means to raise a child and it happened accidentally, at that point I would probably just keep the child.
i don't think i can raise a child until i have a job that earns 60k per year.. lol

so i guess i won't have sex until then
Nov 19, 2015 6:39 PM

Dec 2012
When you talk to real, living, breathing abortion survivors, this very idea makes your stomach twist in pain.
Nov 19, 2015 6:55 PM

Mar 2008
Ratohnhaketon said:
When you talk to real, living, breathing abortion survivors, this very idea makes your stomach twist in pain.
You must be joking. Even if not any botched procedure is due to poor medical training which is the kind of thing that happens from the outlawing of abortion or lack of medical regulations.
Nov 19, 2015 7:04 PM

Dec 2012
traed said:
Ratohnhaketon said:
You must be joking. Even if not any botched procedure is due to poor medical training which is the kind of thing that happens from the outlawing of abortion or lack of medical regulations.
Joking...about what? Are you about to imply these people are make believe? lolMAL, when something escapes arm-chair internet philosophy that doesn't require 1st hand experience, it becomes inconceivable.
Nov 19, 2015 7:05 PM

Jun 2015
Should be legal if:
If people don't want to have a baby.
Why? You dont need know.

Nobody (especially men, not including trans men, unless its some special case like they were raped by them & don't want the baby) shouldn't have a say on whether or not they should get an abortion, because its not their body.
NilinNov 21, 2015 12:54 AM
Nov 19, 2015 7:06 PM

Mar 2008
Ratohnhaketon said:
traed said:
Joking...about what? Are you about to imply these people are make believe? lolMAL, when something escapes arm-chair internet philosophy that doesn't require 1st hand experience, it becomes inconceivable.
Wait to dodge any points I brought up.
Nov 19, 2015 7:09 PM

Dec 2012
traed said:
Ratohnhaketon said:
Wait to dodge any points I brought up.
Frankly I'm not interested in debating this topic to begin with.
Nov 19, 2015 7:12 PM

Jun 2015
Ravioli_Ravioli said:
I have no issue with it, but I don't understand why the people who are for it argue from the perspective of it not being murder. It is very clearly murder in the same way that stepping on a spider or swatting a fly is murder. Either way,
TheBrainintheJar said:
I lean towareds antinatalism - I don't think life is a good thing, in and of itself.

Eating eggs is murder
Nov 19, 2015 7:15 PM

Mar 2008
Ratohnhaketon said:
rankly I'm not interested in debating this topic to begin with.
Of course you're not.

Guess what im a time travel assassination survivor. A time traveller tried to stop me from being conceived.
Nov 19, 2015 7:23 PM

Jun 2015
TheBrainintheJar said:
If a woman wants an abortion, she gets it. No reason for her to go through pains for a child she doesn't want.

This overrides the request of the man if he wants to keep the child. He doesn't have to go through the whole birth thing. If he doesn't want to abort then he doesn't have to pay (Unless the woman has no means, and then he needs to contribute).

If a man wants an abortion and the woman doesn't, he doesn't have to support the kid.
thatso yes it shud be legal
Nov 19, 2015 7:24 PM
Jul 2018
Yes.

Obstruct the undeveloped fetus.

Omit it from the realm.
Nov 20, 2015 2:28 AM

May 2015
Ravioli_Ravioli said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Is killing a suicidal person when he asks you murder?
Nov 20, 2015 2:34 AM

Jan 2011
Yes.
Nov 20, 2015 3:06 AM
Mar 2013
yes but you have to pay unless you were raped
Nov 20, 2015 3:20 AM

Mar 2008
JD2411 said:
Where is the logic behind making them pay though? If they have a kid because they were too poor to pay for an abortion that would be more costly for tax payers than if they got an abortion paid for. Im not saying they necessarily should be paid for by the government but I am just saying there is a flaw to that logic in any country that does have services for poor people.
Nov 20, 2015 3:22 AM
Mar 2013
traed said:
JD2411 said:
Where is the logic behind making them pay though? If they have a kid because they were too poor to pay for an abortion that would be more costly for tax payers than if they got an abortion paid for. Im not saying they necessarily should be paid for by the government but I am just saying there is a flaw to that logic in any country that does have services for poor people.
didn't think about that tbh. There should be government funding available for people from low income backgrounds. I just really dislike the idea of abortion being used as a means of contraception and I think charging people for it would prevent that. Maybe a system of everyone getting 2 free abortions and then paying for others is better
Nov 20, 2015 3:27 AM

Mar 2014
Obvious answer is obvious

YES
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 20, 2015 3:32 AM

Jan 2015
This is why we need to eliminate self greed
this is promoting selfish greed
Thanks, Machiavelli
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Nov 20, 2015 4:15 AM

Feb 2015
Ya the option needs to at least be available, whether someone wants to use the option should be up to personal choice.
Nov 20, 2015 6:28 AM

Sep 2013
Yes, what people whose actions will never affect me do with their bodies is not my nor anyone else's decision. In parenting classes, it is stressed that parents wait until they are ready, so why should we punish people with an entirely new human being if something happened and they couldn't wait until they're ready. The child shouldn't have to be born into a less than optimal position because the parents weren't ready too. However, I do think the cut off date should be before the age of viability. If the mother's past that point, she needs to be informed of her other options so she (and the father too if he's present) can make the best decision she(/they) can.
Nov 20, 2015 8:48 AM

May 2015
robotical said:
Yes, what people whose actions will never affect me do with their bodies is not my nor anyone else's decision. In parenting classes, it is stressed that parents wait until they are ready, so why should we punish people with an entirely new human being if something happened and they couldn't wait until they're ready. The child shouldn't have to be born into a less than optimal position because the parents weren't ready too. However, I do think the cut off date should be before the age of viability. If the mother's past that point, she needs to be informed of her other options so she (and the father too if he's present) can make the best decision she(/they) can.

Why?
Nov 20, 2015 9:07 AM

Sep 2014
I haven't been checking out the MAL forums for the past 2 days, and I'm too lazy to catch up on all the replies in this thread now, so I'll just interject by throwing my own opinion on this in here:

I think abortion should be legal. Even if it's made illegal, people will still be getting abortions done illegally, which could arguably be more dodgy than getting them done by licensed doctors.

Protection doesn't always work, condoms break, the pill sometimes fails, and if a person didn't intend to have a baby, I see no problem in getting the foetus terminated before it grows into an actual baby.
I think it's a lot worse for children who are unwanted to be born into this world, than simply terminating them before they have a chance to suffer.

Then of course you also have problems with the foetus, a high probability of the mother dying during childbirth, the parents not being financially stable enough to care for a baby, etc.
There's plenty of reasons why abortion should be legal.
Nov 20, 2015 9:08 AM

Aug 2015
Here's something that shouldn't be legal.

*unzips*
Nov 20, 2015 9:14 AM

Jan 2014
Zippidy-Zip-Two said:
Here's something that shouldn't be legal.

*unzips*
aren't you original

Nov 20, 2015 9:15 AM

Sep 2015
I'd love to see the genocide of the unborn but not if it empowers females :-(

Jk
Nov 20, 2015 9:26 AM

Jan 2015
Of course.
For those who say It shouldn't: you are not the one who are going to have the child. And some people just can't take the responsibility.
Also, in some countries some people just don't have access to protection or even information about it. I live in Brazil and some of my country regions are really poor, teens there just don't have access to information about prevention and a lot of poor women die because of illegal abortion. Its the fifth cause of women's death here. The rich just pay the clandestine medics to abort and the poor die. Its so obvious that it should be legal. Also, just because it is illegal it doesn't mean that people won't do it. At least let them do it in a secure way, it's a health issue.
Nov 20, 2015 9:27 AM
Jul 2018
You mean,like aborting a match in DOTA or LoL?
Nov 20, 2015 9:50 AM

Sep 2014
DejWo said:

Aborting an unborn fetus.
Nov 20, 2015 9:51 AM
Jul 2018
SnugglyWhuggly said:
DejWo said:

Aborting an unborn fetus.

Oh.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

58 by H-A-M-M-Y »»
35 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - 9 hours ago

13 by Spunkert »»
46 minutes ago

» For everyone who has signed up to this site using Protonmail, and doesn't use that address for anything else

vasipi4946 - 12 hours ago

3 by DesuMaiden »»
53 minutes ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - 6 hours ago

1 by KitsuFrost »»
55 minutes ago

Poll: » the future of AI girlfriend technology

deg - Yesterday

21 by DesuMaiden »»
56 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.