Forum Settings
Forums

To all people who say anime is getting worse/dying. What would you do to save anime?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 16, 2015 1:07 PM

Feb 2015
Nagirah said:
ZECHS96 said:
I wouldn't say it's dying, nor do I think it needs saving, but to improve anime I would say the biggest problem facing anime currently is the bland characters, take your pick Tokyo ghoul, SAO, attack on Titan, they all suffer from the same problem, having interesting concepts weighed down by boring/ generic or uninteresting characters. So to writers I would say try harder when I comes to characters.

You chose interesting examples to complain about bland characters. Intending to get support on your opinion by joining the popular series hater bandwagon?
not really just said I don't much care for the characters, could care less about the hate bandwagon, I don't hate any of the shows I used as an example.
Nov 16, 2015 1:09 PM

Jul 2015
Mystifire said:
To save anime: Get rid of the people saying anime is getting worse.

Done!

Are you secretly a genius ?
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Nov 16, 2015 1:11 PM
Nov 2015
continue Hunter x Hunter, reboot Tokyo Ghoul and end Naruto fillers once for all...its the only way

Nov 17, 2015 12:41 AM

May 2015
Reboot Future Diary with a more organized plot.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Nov 17, 2015 1:04 AM

Jan 2012
We got Junichi Sato and Kenichi Kasai doing Amanchu, KyoAni and Yamada doing a feature length picture for Koe no Katachi as well as Euphonium Sequel, Milky Holmes movie by the original staff, Kizu actually existing, Jojo Part 4 which is considered one of the best parts and more. Anime is looking fine to me, but I guess we can make it a little better...

Give Ikuhara all the goddamn funding and staff he needs and let him do whatever he wants. Anything goes! That'll be something!

and get Mitsuo Iso to do another anime

Also give Shirobako a season 2.

and Kino.

and Nichijou.

and uhhhh, well, I could list a bunch more but the Ikuhara thing would be amazing on its own really. You can just do that and anime will pretty much be guaranteed saved forever.

Nov 17, 2015 1:06 AM

Jun 2015
ZECHS96 said:
Nagirah said:

You chose interesting examples to complain about bland characters. Intending to get support on your opinion by joining the popular series hater bandwagon?
not really just said I don't much care for the characters, could care less about the hate bandwagon, I don't hate any of the shows I used as an example.

You could've chosen a bit better examples to prove your point, not just the three animes that are most commonly hated just because of bandwagoning. SAO is the lazy answer whenever you want to prove something is shit without thinking about it and getting people to agree with you. Also tokyo ghoul, bland characters? Let me guess, you only watched the anime, because tokyo ghoul characters are the opposite of bland and uninteresting.
Nov 17, 2015 1:14 AM
Jul 2018
Praland said:
More lolis.
Nov 17, 2015 7:17 AM

Nov 2014
Nagirah said:
ZECHS96 said:

You could've chosen a bit better examples to prove your point, not just the three animes that are most commonly hated just because of bandwagoning. SAO is the lazy answer whenever you want to prove something is shit without thinking about it and getting people to agree with you. Also tokyo ghoul, bland characters? Let me guess, you only watched the anime, because tokyo ghoul characters are the opposite of bland and uninteresting.

i just think they hurried the story to much on Tokyo and SAO but that's oppinion
Nov 17, 2015 7:30 AM

Sep 2014
add more tits asses and mechas
Nov 17, 2015 7:35 AM

Mar 2012
Stop going on shitty illegal streaming sites and actually go out and buy the anime you watch or at least get a Crunchyroll membership Jesus Christ.
Nov 17, 2015 8:16 AM

Aug 2015
SeibaaHomu said:
Stop going on shitty illegal streaming sites and actually go out and buy the anime you watch or at least get a Crunchyroll membership Jesus Christ.

Yeah thanks to region block for preventing some of us on using their services.
Nov 17, 2015 10:36 AM
Sep 2015
as long as the cash flows in anime industry will be alive and kicking
Nov 17, 2015 10:48 AM

Feb 2010
They tend to do nothing. Just cry from the sidelines and adapting an edgy, fatalist attitude that everything goes to shit anyway so you might as well pirate the shit out of it until you completely lose interest in it and move on to the next hobby that they actually don't give a shit about until that bores them too.
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 17, 2015 11:02 AM

Mar 2014
Have my paycheck deposited directly to Imaishi's bank account.

But seriously, you don't get to complain if you don't support the industry because the shows that get made are entirely dependent on what makes money, like every other industry.
Nov 17, 2015 11:10 AM

Apr 2015
Mystifire said:

Done!

No I don't judge a show by a fanbase. Having a better attitude about a show doesn't change anything about it.
Brace yourself.

Soon as LotGH 2017 comes out. The anime community is going to become so cancerous you will need to take cover and hide.
Nov 17, 2015 11:18 AM
Nov 2015
I think the whole rise of ecchi, loli, and the other weird shit has led to the deterioration of anime/manga. I forgot what it was called but there was some video that spoke to this where the guy was having a dream and all it was was girls with boobs and stuff. This has led to the whole weaboo/otaku culture that expects and enjoys very mediocre material which anime producers are happy to make.

If I were an anime producer, I would try to be like Miyazaki. I would try to make anime that is more substantive and profound in nature with powerful themes and messages, instead of making stuff that only the extreme anime nerds would love.
Nov 17, 2015 11:31 AM

Feb 2010
DaRainmaker said:
I think the whole rise of ecchi, loli, and the other weird shit has led to the deterioration of anime/manga. I forgot what it was called but there was some video that spoke to this where the guy was having a dream and all it was was girls with boobs and stuff. This has led to the whole weaboo/otaku culture that expects and enjoys very mediocre material which anime producers are happy to make.

If I were an anime producer, I would try to be like Miyazaki. I would try to make anime that is more substantive and profound in nature with powerful themes and messages, instead of making stuff that only the extreme anime nerds would love.

If Miyazaki/Ghibli had to work with the time and budget restrictions of a TV Series, it would probably be about as popular as Ronja, which has all those things you mentioned, but nobody gave a shit and just hated it based on visuals. If Miyazaki didn't have amazing visuals in his movies, he wouldn't be successful. The themes are only a small part of the widespread appeal of his works, and if you translate them into mediocre-budgeted TV shows they'd most likely be less popular than stuff that 'only the extreme anime nerds would love'. You don't reach the mainstream audience that might care for such things unless you pour tons of money into production and/or ride the hype of an adaption because manga is much more mainstream than anime.
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 17, 2015 11:49 AM

Aug 2015
Praland said:
More lolis.
Nov 17, 2015 12:07 PM

Jan 2013
more dark and edgy gambling anime

just adapt kakegurui and anime is set for golden age
Nov 17, 2015 12:14 PM

Jul 2010
whine and complain more

oh and military funds ------> 2d tiddy funds
Nov 17, 2015 12:16 PM

Jan 2015
Give tributes to Franco
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Nov 17, 2015 12:19 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Gonna save anime with black jack and hookers.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 18, 2015 12:43 AM

Dec 2014
Share our waifu
Nov 18, 2015 12:45 AM

Apr 2013
Death Note season 2
Nov 18, 2015 1:47 AM

Apr 2015
Stop making kirito clone.
Nov 18, 2015 1:55 AM

Jul 2015
galimx said:
Kill la Kill 2 and Bleach 2 will save anime.

I love you
Nov 18, 2015 5:01 AM

Feb 2015
Krip2night659 said:
Nagirah said:

i just think they hurried the story to much on Tokyo and SAO but that's oppinion
Nagirah said:
ZECHS96 said:

I don't see how it matters that I've only seen the anime, you know with this being the Anime discussion forum, and as I said previously I do not hate any of the shows, I went with 3 shows that are fairly popular that I see as flawed, their stories are good and animation was good, the only real problem I had was with the bland / generic characters. Also it's obvious I touched a nerve, with including Tokyo ghoul. Fanboy... That is all, have a nice day
Nov 18, 2015 5:06 AM
Jun 2015
ZECHS96 said:
Krip2night659 said:

Nagirah said:

I don't see how it matters that I've only seen the anime, you know with this being the Anime discussion forum, and as I said previously I do not hate any of the shows, I went with 3 shows that are fairly popular that I see as flawed, their stories are good and animation was good, the only real problem I had was with the bland / generic characters. Also it's obvious I touched a nerve, with including Tokyo ghoul. Fanboy... That is all, have a nice day

Define bland.
Nov 18, 2015 5:30 AM

Nov 2014
Nagirah said:
ZECHS96 said:

This is the anime discussion board isn't it.. Might he have chosen popular examples, sure. But I don't see how it proves to be a detriment to his point. If he found the characters to be uninteresting, then he found them to be uninteresting. If you want to prove that you find the show's respective characters more interesting. Explain why. But you're not really going anywhere with the "you're just jumping on the bandwagon" statement.
Nov 18, 2015 5:41 AM

Apr 2013
I don't think the anime industry is dying, but to make it even better they should only make ecchi,harem,loli shows. everything else sucks.

nah just kidding. In all seriousness though,they should limit the amount of those magic battle academy shows to 2 per year max. The rest of that genre should be replaced by good SoL shows,some nice modern fantasy (like Noragami for example, we don't necessarily need any more rpg dungeon master fantasies either) ,some more horror/mystery anime and some good romance/tragedy/feels anime.

Thats what I would like to see more of at least.
Nov 18, 2015 7:59 AM

Oct 2013
TheDerpMan said:
Nagirah said:

This is the anime discussion board isn't it.. Might he have chosen popular examples, sure. But I don't see how it proves to be a detriment to his point. If he found the characters to be uninteresting, then he found them to be uninteresting. If you want to prove that you find the show's respective characters more interesting. Explain why. But you're not really going anywhere with the "you're just jumping on the bandwagon" statement.

I agree with this, I saw his comment about characters being bland from these three popular series. Which I don't agree with, but it's his opinion. Plus I think he's mixing up boring with bland. Because I find armin to be a boring character, but he's far from being a bland character. But I think a lot of people throw around these words without knowing their meaning. Same as how people calling characters one dimmensional, which really tells me that they don't know what hell they're talking about. But the major reason why I didn't think he was worthy enough to get a reply from me, was because he was saying bland characters is the major problem in the anime industry. I honestly disagree with that statement, there is far worse thing in the industry that is a plague to the industry on a whole.
Nov 18, 2015 8:22 AM

May 2014
Anime does not need to be saved, however I see a lot of writing pitfalls that take things in the wrong direction.

This would also apply to the original manga/LNs, but plot armor is something that should be used at a minimum. That's not to say there shouldn't be surprises or comebacks, but there are situations where it really makes or breaks things.

Next up, romance. I've seen romances carried out in the most contrived manner possible - especially between characters who do not have chemistry. Tone it down, or don't include it at all.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Nov 18, 2015 8:41 AM
Jun 2015
keragamming said:
TheDerpMan said:

I agree with this, I saw his comment about characters being bland from these three popular series. Which I don't agree with, but it's his opinion. Plus I think he's mixing up boring with bland. Because I find armin to be a boring character, but he's far from being a bland character. But I think a lot of people throw around these words without knowing their meaning. Same as how people calling characters one dimmensional, which really tells me that they don't know what hell they're talking about. But the major reason why I didn't think he was worthy enough to get a reply from me, was because he was saying bland characters is the major problem in the anime industry. I honestly disagree with that statement, there is far worse thing in the industry that is a plague to the industry on a whole.

THIS, FINALLY, THANK YOU!
Nov 18, 2015 9:08 AM

Sep 2013
galimx said:
Bleach 2 will save anime.

True, it will break toonami records, increase manga sales across the globe and is one of the major anime that even normal non anime adult fans watch.
Nov 18, 2015 9:12 AM

Aug 2014
Okay nintendo is amazing.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Nov 18, 2015 5:08 PM

Jul 2015
Noxious_ said:
Mystifire said:

Done!

No I don't judge a show by a fanbase. Having a better attitude about a show doesn't change anything about it.

My point is that anime is not actually getting worse. Twas simply a joke my friend.
Nov 18, 2015 5:18 PM

Nov 2011
My problem with most anime today is that for the most part its just not my cup of tea. I don't like the general style of modern anime. I'd say to really save anime we need to popularize the gems such as Kaiba, Kuuchuu Buranko, and Kaiji, and ignore the overrated bull shit like Code Geass, Sword art online, and such.
Nov 18, 2015 5:26 PM

May 2014
Anime has been dead since 1917
There was never a chance to "save" it, although if there was I supposed it'd be
Praland said:
More lolis.
LittleGaoNov 18, 2015 5:31 PM
Nov 18, 2015 9:03 PM

May 2014
Lancehot said:
Ban blu-rays. Anime would go through a period of rapid & catastrophic change that would cause the collapse of the entire business. But from the ashes might grow something new, exciting & willing to try new things. Or we'd just get more idol anime.

lol
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

63 by Blueberry173 »»
46 seconds ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - 2 hours ago

7 by FanofAction »»
2 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

59 by Serafos »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

73 by Jonas-K »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - 10 hours ago

21 by RobertBobert »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.