Forum Settings
Forums

After Paris attacks, Syrian refugees shunned over terror fears

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Post New Reply
Nov 20, 2015 11:17 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 7644
Creating anti muslim sentiment while taking more of your freedoms away under the guise of "security." You fools arguing about whatever desert scripture you worship, are missing the big picture.
 
Nov 20, 2015 11:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 8304
Well I do love about how people say that WW2 was about protecting our personal freedoms that have been slowly stripped away since WW2...

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
 
Nov 20, 2015 11:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 12193
black1blade said:
The Nazis had 'statistics' and 'proof' for the persecution of the Jews. I don't see how this is any different and having an us vs them attitude isn't really gonna help much.


Far More slavs died in the camps than Jews, but it always goes back to them no?

Ghosts of the pasts cannot be used to enslave the future forever. I also have seen no mention of anyone saying slaughter the Muslims so much as send them back to their own lands.


As to the Security mention, Security has always been the door for Tyranny, and that is also part of why these states are so jacked up on inviting a counter culture, or why in the US so many damn social movements are allowed.

Divide and Conquer. In modern times the "people" have not a single common thing to rally behind. Just groups of 51% versus 49% with spying and the fear of force and a false unified idea keeping them in line. The game of puppetry has been played for thousands of years, and it hasn't changed a bit.

It all repeats, a divided populance will be led by a nation with a powerful army, then bit by bit that power strips away, smaller states or movements are born, and then it all repeats thanks to old fools that chase the Dragon.
 
Nov 20, 2015 11:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 427
PoeticJustice said:
Creating anti muslim sentiment while taking more of your freedoms away under the guise of "security." You fools arguing about whatever desert scripture you worship, are missing the big picture.

The main problem is most people here tend not to get out of their home so its pretty much a given what picture they will be missing when their scope is pretty narrow to begin with.
 
Nov 20, 2015 11:26 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 7644
Chrisereum said:
PoeticJustice said:
Creating anti muslim sentiment while taking more of your freedoms away under the guise of "security." You fools arguing about whatever desert scripture you worship, are missing the big picture.

The main problem is most people here tend not to get out of their home so its pretty much a given what picture they will be missing when their scope is pretty narrow to begin with.


And this is why we are in the state we are in.
 
Nov 20, 2015 11:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 6357
Say whatever you want, one way or the other, the refugees are gonna come in and soon, this era will fade - like the ones that came before it.
[i]"Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!''
~Oscar
[/i]
 
Nov 20, 2015 11:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 4495
geniobastardo said:
Say whatever you want, one way or the other, the refugees are gonna come in and soon, this era will fade - like the ones that came before it.

True Hollande invited 30,000 refugees 5 days after the attack.
 
Nov 20, 2015 4:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 31507
JonyJC said:
geniobastardo said:
Say whatever you want, one way or the other, the refugees are gonna come in and soon, this era will fade - like the ones that came before it.

True Hollande invited 30,000 refugees 5 days after the attack.

Same as well for Sweden i see more refugees each day.

 
Nov 21, 2015 3:01 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 731
AllenVonStein said:
Same as well for Sweden i see more refugees each day.


Sweden is allowing in a ridiculous number of refugees relative to its population, I've read that this year Sweden will take in 250 000 refugees for a population of only 9 million.
 
Nov 21, 2015 9:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 17182
There has been aggression against 2 Muslim women here in Canada (one was by a minor), which is deplorable. It was expected but still deplorable.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
I conclude that this theme is in fact good!
 
Nov 21, 2015 10:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 31507
elros75 said:

Sweden is allowing in a ridiculous number of refugees relative to its population, I've read that this year Sweden will take in 250 000 refugees for a population of only 9 million.


I agree and btw lately the prime minister said that we can't take any more refugees but it's pretty late.

 
Nov 21, 2015 10:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 15762
I guess this game just became more relevant over the recent rumblings



im sure you can see the parallels.
 
Nov 22, 2015 11:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 2791
Something the mainstream media won't cover

ofc
 
Nov 22, 2015 4:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2334
Of course there's going to be a few terrorists that might potentially sneak in, but ultimately forcing them to stay in Syria will only make the situation that much worse. I don't think my countries intelligence agency is too incompetent, I'm fairly certain the screening process is strict and they're going to be under 24/7 illegal surveillance and heavy scrutiny. It's all about fearmongering, ISIS needs more recruits because they're losing in Syria and everyone's buying right into it.
 
Nov 23, 2015 12:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 4868
Rance-sama said:
Of course there's going to be a few terrorists that might potentially sneak in, but ultimately forcing them to stay in Syria will only make the situation that much worse. I don't think my countries intelligence agency is too incompetent, I'm fairly certain the screening process is strict and they're going to be under 24/7 illegal surveillance and heavy scrutiny. It's all about fearmongering, ISIS needs more recruits because they're losing in Syria and everyone's buying right into it.

Of course someone that loves rape fantasies is in favour of forcing Syrians into Europe en masse. Your opinion is certainly unwarranted.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
 
Nov 23, 2015 12:11 AM

Online
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 5875
Caelidesu said:
Rance-sama said:
Of course there's going to be a few terrorists that might potentially sneak in, but ultimately forcing them to stay in Syria will only make the situation that much worse. I don't think my countries intelligence agency is too incompetent, I'm fairly certain the screening process is strict and they're going to be under 24/7 illegal surveillance and heavy scrutiny. It's all about fearmongering, ISIS needs more recruits because they're losing in Syria and everyone's buying right into it.

Of course someone that loves rape fantasies is in favour of forcing Syrians into Europe en masse. Your opinion is certainly unwarranted.


Dude, just stop. You're starting to look pathetic. Since you can't find ways to refute his points, you try insulting.
 
Nov 23, 2015 12:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 4868
CondemneDio said:
Caelidesu said:

Of course someone that loves rape fantasies is in favour of forcing Syrians into Europe en masse. Your opinion is certainly unwarranted.


Dude, just stop. You're starting to look pathetic to me. Since you can't find ways to refute his points, you try insulting.

I'm not insulting. Rance-sama's profile pic, avatar, signature and name all come from Sengoku Rance, a Visual Novel about waging war and taking girls as sex slaves. He demonstrably does love rape fantasies (and as far as I'm concerned what people fantasise about is of no consequence to me as long as they understand the difference between fantasy and reality), and demonstrably is in favour of forcing Syrians into Europe en masse (read the comment he made). I've only repeated two self-evident facts, and added my opinion afterwards, namely that someone who enjoys fapping to rape scenes probably shouldn't be taken seriously in regard to that sort of foreign policy.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
 
Nov 23, 2015 12:24 AM

Online
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 5875
Caelidesu said:
CondemneDio said:


Dude, just stop. You're starting to look pathetic to me. Since you can't find ways to refute his points, you try insulting.

I'm not insulting. Rance-sama's profile pic, avatar, signature and name all come from Sengoku Rance, a Visual Novel about waging war and taking girls as sex slaves. He demonstrably does love rape fantasies (and as far as I'm concerned what people fantasise about is of no consequence to me as long as they understand the difference between fantasy and reality), and demonstrably is in favour of forcing Syrians into Europe en masse (read the comment he made). I've only repeated two self-evident facts, and added my opinion afterwards, namely that someone who enjoys fapping to rape scenes probably shouldn't be taken seriously in regard to that sort of foreign policy.




But more seriously, these two things are different and you know it. You're just overcome by fear or something, and act in this childish way because of it.
 
Nov 23, 2015 12:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 3364
Surely there is no plan to keep all of these people in Europe... right?
 
Nov 23, 2015 12:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 4868
CondemneDio said:
Caelidesu said:

I've only repeated two self-evident facts, and added my opinion afterwards, namely that someone who enjoys fapping to rape scenes probably shouldn't be taken seriously in regard to that sort of foreign policy.

But more seriously, these two things are different-

They're the same, and I've discussed that extensively.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
 
Nov 23, 2015 12:58 AM

Online
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 5875
Caelidesu said:
CondemneDio said:

But more seriously, these two things are different-

They're the same, and I've discussed that extensively.


Whatever man, nothings gonna get inside your thick skull, now that you've given into the fear.
 
Nov 23, 2015 1:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 3364
I've never seen any statistics that haven't shown the rape rate in Europe rise an insane amount with the influx of the "refugees" (the vast majority of whom are young men).
 
Nov 23, 2015 2:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2334
Caelidesu said:
Rance-sama said:
Of course there's going to be a few terrorists that might potentially sneak in, but ultimately forcing them to stay in Syria will only make the situation that much worse. I don't think my countries intelligence agency is too incompetent, I'm fairly certain the screening process is strict and they're going to be under 24/7 illegal surveillance and heavy scrutiny. It's all about fearmongering, ISIS needs more recruits because they're losing in Syria and everyone's buying right into it.

Of course someone that loves rape fantasies is in favour of forcing Syrians into Europe en masse. Your opinion is certainly unwarranted.


Ad hominem. Putting that aside, I've been following the Syrian conflict daily for the past year, so yes I do know quite a lot about what's happening in Syria. But let's talk about the refugees. To begin with, you mistakenly believe that the refugees themselves are from Syria. 4 out of 5 aren't even from Syria, and are merely trying to sneak in to other countries under the guise of being a Syrian refugee. The statistics you link are Sweden statistics from 1997-2001 and can't be used as an accurate representation of Syrian refugees. What we do know is that the majority of legitimate Syrian refugees are under the age of 17. People's fear over the Syrian refugees are understandable, but misguided. Let me explain. Firstly, the UN does an 18-24 month long background check on any refugee coming to your country. This means interviews, background checks, cross referencing and using all available intelligence to determine if they're a threat or not. Then they're allowed to go to the country and then face that country's background checks and such again, to doublecheck if they're a threat. This is why military analysts claim that the last thing an Islamic terrorist would do is attempt to sneak in through another country through the strict refugee screening process, hence why I think your opinion is wrong and inherently faulty.

http://www.state.gov/j/prm/releases/factsheets/2013/210135.htm
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3240010/Number-refugees-arriving-Europe-soars-85-year-just-one-five-war-torn-Syria.html
http://www.wired.com/2015/11/turning-away-refugees-wont-fight-terrorism-it-might-make-it-worse/

PS: Let's all Love Lain
 
Nov 23, 2015 4:13 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 6990
PoeticJustice said:
Creating anti muslim sentiment while taking more of your freedoms away under the guise of "security." You fools arguing about whatever desert scripture you worship, are missing the big picture.

+1

I don't understand where the hate towards Islam and muslims in general is coming from all of a sudden. Just because the ISIS terrorists are muslim, doesn't mean all muslims are dangerous. The european muslims who are religious just want to live here in peace. They work and pay taxes like other european citizens. The majority of them practice their religion like the christians do - they don't harm anyone just by being religious. They don't care if you have a different believe, they respect other peoples' opinions. Instead of criminalizing all muslims, we should take a look at why ISIS exists - what drives them and who supports them.


Altairius said:
I've never seen any statistics that haven't shown the rape rate in Europe rise an insane amount with the influx of the "refugees" (the vast majority of whom are young men).

Sources?
You don't seem to realize that most of the refugees are fleeing from radical islamists.

 
Nov 23, 2015 6:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2334
coromandel said:
PoeticJustice said:
Creating anti muslim sentiment while taking more of your freedoms away under the guise of "security." You fools arguing about whatever desert scripture you worship, are missing the big picture.

+1

I don't understand where the hate towards Islam and muslims in general is coming from all of a sudden. Just because the ISIS terrorists are muslim, doesn't mean all muslims are dangerous. The european muslims who are religious just want to live here in peace. They work and pay taxes like other european citizens. The majority of them practice their religion like the christians do - they don't harm anyone just by being religious. They don't care if you have a different believe, they respect other peoples' opinions. Instead of criminalizing all muslims, we should take a look at why ISIS exists - what drives them and who supports them.


Altairius said:
I've never seen any statistics that haven't shown the rape rate in Europe rise an insane amount with the influx of the "refugees" (the vast majority of whom are young men).

Sources?
You don't seem to realize that most of the refugees are fleeing from radical islamists.


Turkey, Saudi Arabi and Qatar support ISIS. Most UN members indirectly fund ISIS. We already know who's supporting them, but we're not going to do anything about it...
 
Nov 23, 2015 1:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 3364
coromandel said:
PoeticJustice said:
Creating anti muslim sentiment while taking more of your freedoms away under the guise of "security." You fools arguing about whatever desert scripture you worship, are missing the big picture.

+1

I don't understand where the hate towards Islam and muslims in general is coming from all of a sudden. Just because the ISIS terrorists are muslim, doesn't mean all muslims are dangerous. The european muslims who are religious just want to live here in peace. They work and pay taxes like other european citizens. The majority of them practice their religion like the christians do - they don't harm anyone just by being religious. They don't care if you have a different believe, they respect other peoples' opinions. Instead of criminalizing all muslims, we should take a look at why ISIS exists - what drives them and who supports them.


Altairius said:
I've never seen any statistics that haven't shown the rape rate in Europe rise an insane amount with the influx of the "refugees" (the vast majority of whom are young men).

Sources?
You don't seem to realize that most of the refugees are fleeing from radical islamists.


The problem is when only a fraction are actual refugees. You really don't seem to have any idea what's going on. Sweden is the most notorious case right now:

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/5195/sweden-rape
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_Sweden#Immigrants
 
Nov 23, 2015 9:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 3454
Altairius said:

The problem is when only a fraction are actual terrorist.


FTFY.

Altairius said:
really don't seem to have any idea what's going on.


Actually, you are dude. Read your link again



The anti-immigration Sweden Democrats Party has repeatedly made the claim that the high number of rape reports is at least partly due to the influx of Muslim immigrants.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_Sweden#Immigrants



Don't GENERALIZED claims.

Altairius said:
Sweden is the most notorious case right now:


No arguing if they are guilty. But the sentence is ridiculous short. Sweden only needs are tougher laws.
#CHEXIT
 
Nov 23, 2015 9:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 3364
So you don't dispute the first link? That's the main, most recent crisis. The second one was more of a general picture of the last several years.
 
Nov 24, 2015 2:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 3454
Altairius said:
So you don't dispute the first link?


...at least partly.....


The link maybe correct. But your conclusion is SURELY WRONG.
#CHEXIT
 
Nov 24, 2015 1:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 3364
... You quoted again from the second link.
 
Nov 24, 2015 4:44 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 161
"After Paris attacks, Syrian refugees shunned over terror fears"

You don't say. I'll be more surprised if they still accepted them in with open arms!
 
Nov 24, 2015 4:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 3454
Altairius said:
... You quoted again from the second link.


SOME/FEW/LEAST/PARTLY doesn't mean ALL. That's my point for both links you posted.

Convict the guilty, not the innocent...

MysticHrist said:
"After Paris attacks, Syrian refugees shunned over terror fears"

You don't say. I'll be more surprised if they still accepted them in with open arms!


They'll just do it more cautiously. No problem about that.
#CHEXIT
 
Nov 24, 2015 5:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 3364
Imeon said:
Altairius said:
... You quoted again from the second link.


SOME/FEW/LEAST/PARTLY doesn't mean ALL. That's my point for both links you posted.

Convict the guilty, not the innocent...


The overwhelming majority is not "some/few/least/partly", so that cannot be your response to the first link. It's disgusting that you'd attempt to obfuscate this.

Why do you feel the need to say don't convict the innocent? No shit. I will convict the type of society that produces such a disproportionate amount of rapists though.
 
Nov 24, 2015 5:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 3454
Altairius said:

The overwhelming majority is not "some/few/least/partly", so that cannot be your response to the first link. It's disgusting that you'd attempt to obfuscate this.

Why do you feel the need to say don't convict the innocent? No shit. I will convict the type of society that produces such a disproportionate amount of rapists though.


hayst.... you really love to put the blame to everyone including the religion just because they happen to share the same religion. You're truly lost dude. Enjoy that 'hate' inside your head.
#CHEXIT
 
Nov 24, 2015 8:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 3364
*Overwhelming evidence of an endemic problem*

"y u h8, #notallmuslims"
 
Nov 24, 2015 8:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2334
Altairius said:
*Overwhelming evidence of an endemic problem*

"y u h8, #notallmuslims"


False generalizations, there's plenty of countries that've taken in far more Muslim immigrants. Muslim immigrants commit far less crimes than their counterparts, while I'm unsure why Sweden alone has such a high crime rate with their Muslim immigrants (lax liberal laws apparently?) it's clearly not the same for other countries.
 
Nov 24, 2015 9:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 3364
Evidently Sweden (and Northern Europe in general) has a much higher report rate, but it's happening throughout Europe. There is apparently a rape and forced prostitution problem inside the actual refugee camps in general. Also, Sweden seems to be offering residency to refugees, as in they will be more amongst the general populace.
 
Nov 24, 2015 11:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2334
Altairius said:
Evidently Sweden (and Northern Europe in general) has a much higher report rate, but it's happening throughout Europe. There is apparently a rape and forced prostitution problem inside the actual refugee camps in general. Also, Sweden seems to be offering residency to refugees, as in they will be more amongst the general populace.


But that's within the camps, where most of them probably feel like they can get away with it isn't it? I'm not sure about Sweden, but whenever the United States took in refugees from say Iraq or any other country we were in a war with our crime statistics never jumped up. Then again, the majority of these "refugees" (4 out of 5) aren't even Syrians and would presumably not be let in.
 
Nov 24, 2015 11:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 3364
I think that's exactly it. The actual Syrian refugees probably aren't raping at all. They're fleeing for their lives for fuck's sake. That's not exactly an arousing mood. It's the hordes of Muslim men from other countries that are doing it. Also, the US is a much bigger country than Sweden, and the smaller the minority is, the less bold it feels it can be.
 
Nov 25, 2015 12:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2334
Altairius said:
I think that's exactly it. The actual Syrian refugees probably aren't raping at all. They're fleeing for their lives for fuck's sake. That's not exactly an arousing mood. It's the hordes of Muslim men from other countries that are doing it. Also, the US is a much bigger country than Sweden, and the smaller the minority is, the less bold it feels it can be.


It's not so much even Muslims, there's plenty of people coming from African and Asian countries and trying to get into Western countries. 51.1% of Syrian refugees are under the age of 17, that's what we know. These guys are fleeing because they're afraid of ISIS and most importantly, being forced into Assad's army and fighting against them. So eh... I'm a bit divided on the whole Syrian refugee thing. What we do know so far is that ISIS is purposefully trying to fearmonger (they pretended to be refugees in the Paris attack) so people start to believe that ISIS is more of a threat than they really are. That they're infiltrating every country and all of a sudden they'll attack one day and thousands will die, you know the screening processes aren't that simple. Putting that aside, I'm not sure how these Syrian refugees will adapt in Sweden or any other country. But I don't think we should turn down people simply because ISIS is using their usual tactics, it's like letting terrorism win in my eyes.
 
Top
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]