Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 14, 2015 7:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, I just love the style of the new OP song. Quite stylistic.

Really nice to see Kanbaru this arc as well. She's energetic as ever.

Good episode, loved the interactions between her and Araragi, in particular of them catching up. The part with the Samurai Warrior was kinda weird considering it's empty. Loved the word plays of this episode as well. It's good to see Kanbaru in action!
Nov 14, 2015 8:38 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
No one wants to die like a virgin. Kanbaru's back (so is Yotsugi)! Stylish Op, although no Shinobu OP :(

5/5
GoldenDevilGamerNov 14, 2015 2:11 PM
Nov 14, 2015 9:04 AM

Apr 2014
Kanbaru fan service episode I thought Hanamonogatari was good but Kanbaru here is back to her quirkiness. Reminds me of Bakemono. The back and forth is soo much fun. While the last arcs were a bit serious. This one is getting back to the fun. Yes i know all about the back and forth between silly and serious arcs.

Why cant I take Kanbaru's virginity!!!!!

YES a Nurse Komugi reference!!!

The first 2 chapters were done really well I didn't even realize I was in the half way mark even though the conversation consisted of virginity and asking 1 question. Now the second half went by just as fast with all that action. The playback wasn't needed but it was stylish indeed. Ararararararargi getting manhandled back and forth like the good ol days lol. Love the use of eyes as dialog they done it many times but not like this, as a means of communication.

So the information presented this episode gives us a bit more on what to expect for the future. Hanekawa almost saved the day well she did already. And the real hero was Ononoki. All in all the animation and art were great barely anything out of the ordinary gatari quality.

Edit: forgot to mention but yes the OP was obviously not going to have Shinobu singing she already said she didnt want to so i wasnt expecting anything like that. The visuals for it is fine as well. Thats the drawback with having a Shinobu arc. While i love Shinobu and her arcs the OP was bound to be something a bit like this.
moodieNov 14, 2015 9:09 AM
Nov 14, 2015 9:33 AM

Jan 2014
Seeing KanbaruxAraragi combination once more was really good...She is a perfect fit to be Araragi's cute&perverted sidekick...

Araragi's comment about Shinobu tho...Senjougahara would go mad out of jealousy if she heard that...

No one wants to die like a virgin. Kanbaru's back! Her hair really does grow fast.
You know this happens before the events of Hanamonogatari right?This arc explains what Araragi was doing during the first arc of Monogatari 2nd season...Before doing that badass entrance to save Hanekawa...
LoneWizzyNov 14, 2015 9:40 AM
Nov 14, 2015 9:38 AM

Jul 2013
I missed Kanbaru's pervert nature very much. Hanamonogatari was very good, but it surprised me because Kanbaru result to be a more serious person of what that I though. Loved having her in the series again after her small cameo in Ougi Formula. Her lewd jokes with Araragi are hilarious (especially the one when they are in the fight and she says to him that she don't want to die being a virgin).

About that samurai (who have a cool armor, btw), I think that he is (in spoiler because I can be right)

Btw, this arc is previous to the arc of Oikura and is in the middle of the Tsubasa Tiger arc, as the abandoned school building is burned by Kako in this episode (Kanbaru says that is Hanekawa the one that is burning the building). And Ononoki at the end is the true MVP. I love her <3

I guess that in the next episode Gaen will appear. The ending visuals have changed, I though for a moment that it will be another ending. Good thing, as I like this one.

Good episode. This arc looks very promising.

Btw: It made me a bit sad that Araragi thinks in Shinobu when he think of the person who he desires to die together. Poor Gahara-san.
Nov 14, 2015 9:42 AM

May 2015
Wow, Shinobu Mail starts off with an awesome episode! We will (finally) get to see what happens during Nekomonogatari: Shiro/Tsubasa Tiger from Araragi's POV.

The new OP and ED (visuals) are fantastic too.

Also this Hanekawa illustration is cute af:

Nov 14, 2015 9:55 AM

Nov 2014
lol @ Kanbaru's poses

This episode was even more nonsensical than usual.

Not sure how I feel about the armor clad energy draining dude.
Nov 14, 2015 10:00 AM

May 2012
New arc and a new set worries.
Nov 14, 2015 10:05 AM

Aug 2010
Quite the OP.

Forgot how hyperactive Kanbaru is when she's with Koyomi lol. Her thirst for the D is so strong. Only wanting a physical relationship XD

Lol'd at Koyomi's "A Senpai is fighting a book for Priority"

Dat tone shift tho...they were all casually messing around with their conversation then suddenly near death experiences ^^;

Dat laugh the Armor had was hilarious lol

Also Damn! Hitagi shippers got REKT! With Koyomi saying the only one he'd want to die with is Shinobu. I know we already kinda knew that but seeing him just thinking about her during death and life situations hammers it in.

Few stuff I didn't get tho...
-How did Kanbaru feel Tsubasa?
-What/who caused the fire?
Barion-ZaraNov 14, 2015 10:08 AM
Nov 14, 2015 10:07 AM

Jul 2013
Barion-Zara said:

It was the tiger from the Tsubasa Tiger arc (Kako). This arc happens simultaneously with that arc.
Nov 14, 2015 10:08 AM

Aug 2008
Wait...so Shinobu > Senjougahara?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Nov 14, 2015 10:10 AM

Aug 2010
Illyricus said:
Barion-Zara said:

It was the tiger from the Tsubasa Tiger arc (Kako). This arc happens simultaneously with that arc.

I faintly remember that now and I know these 2 arcs were taking place at the same time but I don't remember if she did it on purpose at this specific time or just by coincidence?

And what about my other question? ^^
Nov 14, 2015 10:14 AM

Jan 2014
Barion-Zara said:
I faintly remember that now and I know these 2 arcs were taking place at the same time but I don't remember if she did it on purpose at this specific time or just by coincidence?
If you remember MS2 you will also remember Kako had a fire fetish,she wanted to burn places related to hanekawa to relieve stress...

Zapredon said:
Wait...so Shinobu > Senjougahara?
Soulmate>Lover
Nov 14, 2015 10:16 AM

Jul 2013
Barion-Zara said:
Illyricus said:

And what about my other question? ^^

Judging that the tiger's objective was to burn the places when Hanekawa has been to eliminate stress, I think that was coincidence. Is never implied in Tsabasa Tiger that Araragi was in the building when it was burned.

About your second question, I honestly don't know that. The most precise response that I can give to you is that Kanbaru noticed the essence of Hanekawa in Kako (as he is an oddity originated from her envy).
Nov 14, 2015 10:17 AM

Apr 2014
"Btw: It made me a bit sad that Araragi thinks in Shinobu when he think of the person who he desires to die together. Poor Gahara-san."

its always been like that tho, Shinobu and Ararargi have a deeper connection
Nov 14, 2015 10:18 AM

Jul 2013
moodie said:
"Btw: It made me a bit sad that Araragi thinks in Shinobu when he think of the person who he desires to die together. Poor Gahara-san."

I know that, but still.
Nov 14, 2015 10:18 AM

Apr 2014
Can't remember:
why did Araragi's link with Shinobu was severed as mentioned in the beginning of the episode?
Nov 14, 2015 10:19 AM

Sep 2009
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Stylish Op, although no Shinobu OP :(

It was discussed before. For some reason Maaya Sakamoto doesn't sing any Character songs (OPs included) lately. Now she sings only for animes she's not starring at.
Nov 14, 2015 10:20 AM

Aug 2010
@LoneWizard @Illyricus

Thnx. I'll probably rewatch Tsubasa tiger to see them both in a parallel fashion ^^
Nov 14, 2015 10:21 AM

Jan 2014
Illyasviel said:
Can't remember:
why did Araragi's link with Shinobu was severed as mentioned in the beginning of the episode?
The whole running away from darkness thing with mayoi?While running away from darkness they jump but then realize Shinobu is not with them...Then they ask help from Gaen,she helps but asks to meet with Kanbaru...Mayoi disappears and Araragi comes back...Then this arc starts
LoneWizzyNov 14, 2015 10:25 AM
Nov 14, 2015 10:21 AM

Jul 2014
Interesting start to a new arc in the Monogatari series. The fire appearing at random was kinda confusing at first, but then I realised that this is happening at the same time as all that stuff with Hanekawa and the tiger apparition. It'll be interesting to figure out exactly who or what that suit of armour is, but I'm more interested in its master and its links with Kiss-Shot. It's also fairly intriguing, though not entirely surprising, that Araragi would only want to die with Shinobu and not Senjougahara.

Decent new OP song, but that's more for the bizarre and slightly creepy visuals than anything else.
Nov 14, 2015 10:22 AM

Nov 2014
Shinobu is the only one he will die with <3
Hi there
Nov 14, 2015 10:24 AM

Jan 2014
moodie said:

Also dont forget the fact that if Araragi dies before Shinobu,there is a high chance that Shinobu will destroy the World =_=
Nov 14, 2015 10:28 AM

Apr 2014
LoneWizard said:
Illyasviel said:
Can't remember:
The whole running away from darkness thing with mayoi?

Thought they restored the bond after that "incident"
Nov 14, 2015 10:31 AM

Jan 2014
Illyasviel said:
LoneWizard said:
The whole running away from darkness thing with mayoi?

But this is right after that incident...They will probably group up sometime during this arc...If you remember Shinobu is still searching for Araragi during this episode's events,then Hanekawa brings Shinobu at the cram school after cram school gets destroyed by this fire...
Nov 14, 2015 10:31 AM

Jul 2015
I love how Araragi immediately lays down when kanbaru says to stay down. Araragi letting the girl fight while he's laying down.

It is nice to see Kanbaru for a while.
Nov 14, 2015 10:32 AM

Apr 2014
LoneWizard said:
Illyasviel said:

But this is right after that incident...They will probably group up sometime during this arc...

K' thanks for the precisions
Nov 14, 2015 10:33 AM

Aug 2015
Great episode one of my favorites so far from this series. Loved the new op as well.
Nov 14, 2015 10:37 AM

Apr 2015
Heck yeah, this arc gotta be good!
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

My anime list
My manga list
Nov 14, 2015 10:42 AM

Jun 2014
It's nice to see Kanbaru again, she's still as hyperactive as ever. The wordplay between her and Araragi was funny, as well as her ridiculous poses. This arc looks like it'll be interesting.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 14, 2015 10:47 AM

Feb 2011
suruga playing the dumbass as usual was nice to see
a samurai armor, which drains energy, may that be related to the first vampire made by shinobu?

ohhh that fire, it was when the tiger of hanekawa did burn the cramschool down, also that bed, it was where she did sleep, connected it only near the end

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Nov 14, 2015 10:48 AM

Jun 2014
OrangeJP said:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
lmao this was my first thought after seeing the knee too

The Senjouragi fans are gon' be salty as hell after him wanting to die with Shinobu.

Seems like Kanbaru episodes are always either fanservice or action based which is a good change of pace though.
Nov 14, 2015 10:49 AM

May 2013
Nice start of the new arc. Kinda weird opening, I was wondering why Maaya Sakamoto didn't sang it and then I saw the threads, thanks.

A one thing that I will always remember about Monogatari is that some arc doesn't really focus in the main girl of the title (like what happened in Kabuki and Oni). Like where is Shinobu now LN readers?
The world shall know the truth soon.
Nov 14, 2015 10:49 AM

Nov 2013
where is shinobu at the moment of this arc?

after watching this episode and reading some comment here, i think i need some 2nd season rewatch...
Nov 14, 2015 10:53 AM
Jun 2015
Damn good episode, probably my favorite of this season. Kanbaru's thirst was fun to watch. The new OP is pretty dope as well, really seems to suit this arc.
Nov 14, 2015 10:53 AM

Jan 2014
jonjoy said:
where is shinobu at the moment of this arc?

after watching this episode and reading some comment here, i think i need some 2nd season rewatch...

LoneWizzy said:
Shinobu is still searching for Araragi during this episode's events,then Hanekawa brings Shinobu at the cram school after cram school gets destroyed by this fire...
Nov 14, 2015 11:01 AM

Oct 2012
SweetCoconut said:
Nice start of the new arc. Kinda weird opening, I was wondering why Maaya Sakamoto didn't sang it and then I saw the threads, thanks.

A one thing that I will always remember about Monogatari is that some arc doesn't really focus in the main girl of the title (like what happened in Kabuki and Oni). Like where is Shinobu now LN readers?

This arc happens at the same time as Tsubasa Tiger. At the end of the third episode of Monogatari SS, Black Hanekawa and Shinobu arrive at the burnt cram school, so this episode happens at the same time they were talking about Kako (the Tiger Oddity).
Nov 14, 2015 11:08 AM
Jul 2018
Nice episode, I'm 99% sure it's Shinobu's previous servant (the Demon Hunter or wtv), he even calls her "Master".

Just wonderin' if Kanbaru knew about Hanekawa because of that line, and why Araragi was so "lol fire okay then"
Nov 14, 2015 11:08 AM
Aug 2014
This episode was classic Monogatari 11/10.
Nov 14, 2015 11:09 AM

Feb 2015
The OP. not surprised about it but a bit disappointed that there was no character OP and it was only a minute long. It was still good though.

The episode itself was very good. Suruga being sexually aggressive is always very entertaining to see. Interested to see more about the samurai guy and the whereabouts of Shinobu. Ononoki saving them was badass and her line 'I will be the one to kill you' was VERY intriguing. Looks like this is the point Araragi is made aware that Hanekawa is in trouble so the part for him to save her will be soon I think? I doubt they will show it though since we have already seen it. Oh also I liked the new ED visuals. Looking forward to next week's episode.
Nov 14, 2015 11:11 AM

Nov 2014
Kanbaru just got lewder than ever this episode, even for her standars
Nov 14, 2015 11:25 AM

Jan 2015
Great OP!
And what the fuck was that samurai????
Nov 14, 2015 11:34 AM

Apr 2015
SweetCoconut said:

Shinobu is talking to Black Hanekawa in Araragi's room at that moment if I'm not mistaken.
Anyway it's time to rewatch Tsubasa Tiger arc. I forgot some details like the bed is there because Hanekawa stayed there after her house is burnt down by her tiger apparition. Kanbaru is not Kanbaru without her pervert talk. Looking forward to the next episode!
CozattoNov 14, 2015 11:40 AM
Nov 14, 2015 12:04 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Really liked the OP for this arc. It's really cool to have what happened at the beginning of S2 finally explained.

It figures that Araragi would want to die with Shinobu. He is a massive lolicon after all, LOL. Not to mention Kisshot would probably wreck the world without Araragi restraining her.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 14, 2015 12:09 PM

Oct 2015
Yay! Kanbaru is back. Although she is not one of my favorite characters, I love seeing it.
Deribar fun for a more complex and obscure plot, something typical and love of the series beginning.
latest story? Koyokoyo Please tell me that's last in this season and not the complete saga.
A legendary sword. I knew that something was missing from this series xD
I loved the opening. The design was so ... great.
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Nov 14, 2015 12:11 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Oh, how I missed Kanbaru and her perverted inclinations. Serious or not, it's amusing to see how zealous she is about it. :3

Samurai-san is one troublesome fellow. Well, he'll be taken care of soon enough, and in a neat manner too.

Nov 14, 2015 12:52 PM

Jul 2014
The first half pretty much consisted of nothing else than Suruga talking about how she wants Araragi's dick, talking about how she sacrificed her evening just to go there, talking about what books she was going to read, etc.

Even though the other episodes' dialogue was dull, at least they were actually relevant and didn't serve just to waste time.

The second half was mildly better, which saved it from me giving the episode a 1/5.

2/5

Nov 14, 2015 1:06 PM

Jan 2015
Ougi has some serious origami skills..

look araragi-senpai, no hands!
Nov 14, 2015 1:07 PM

Oct 2015
It took me some time to arrange the events on my mind, but I just got it.
This episode happens just after Shinobu Time (Monogatari Second Season ep. 20) arc, during Tsubasa Tiger arc (Monogatari Second Season ep. 3).

Araragi lost Shinobu while fleeing from the big ball of darkness that was chasing Mayoi.

As they ask Gaen Suruga for help she requests to be introduced to Kanbaru.

Kanbaru gets Araragi message and talks to Hanekawa about it.

Hanekawa sleeps at Araragi's house and finds Shinobu and tells her about Araragi meeting Kanbaru.

Kako (the tiger apparition) then proceeds to burn the school (while araragi is there, yay!)
darkbreakerNov 14, 2015 1:18 PM
Nov 14, 2015 1:24 PM

Apr 2012
Kanbaru back, doll girl back.

Shinobu's-previous-partner-samurai-san is here!
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

185 by RioFS »»
Apr 6, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Wyatt - Oct 3, 2015

296 by the7threvival »»
Apr 6, 5:33 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

127 by RioFS »»
Apr 5, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2015

210 by RioFS »»
Apr 5, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2015

170 by RioFS »»
Apr 4, 5:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.