Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 7 Discussion


Nov 21, 2015 4:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 3971
Ayatsuji maintaining status as best girl. I loved her voice acting and I love her ability too.

The fight was good, but worse than most the other fights in the series have been. This episode wasn't really as good as many of the previous ones IMO.

Still enjoyed it cuz Ayatsuji best girl.



Discord: Zadion#0202
RateYourMusic
last.fm
 
Nov 23, 2015 9:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 617
Ittou Shura of the night ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
 
Nov 26, 2015 7:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 7622
Another demonstration of the skill of Ikki, which unlike the usual characters, although too-good can not be too unpleasant, perhaps because it was such a nice person.Finally sees the Professor Yuri, shame about the quality of the drawings drops at times, fighting really well made, I am satisfied. Even this time the End-card is cute, a little rough. Interesting students in the student council.
 
Nov 26, 2015 10:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 8664
cool fight but flawed because Ayase just relied on traps.
4/5.


 
Nov 28, 2015 3:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 6008
Good fight. She wasn't all scared-of-boys this episode.
 
Nov 29, 2015 7:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 4245
I. Cannot. Not. Hear. Sachan. Voice. That voice only sound like sado-masochism to me. Sachan as corrupted me.

Anyway, Ayase sure did terrible things. Using suicide as a trap... That's just way too fucking dirty.

Also, Ikki is way too naive. If this was real life, his naivety would bring him down. But in anime, it only bring strenght. Go figure.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
 
Dec 4, 2015 12:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1960
I thought he was gonna use Itto Shura and say, "I can do it twice now, nigga.", surprising everybody.

 
Dec 4, 2015 2:02 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 8101
Damn Ikki is too kind. Yet he's still cool.

And I don't like Ayatsuji dat much. She's not bad, but meh.
 
Dec 4, 2015 12:25 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 94
lcborella said:
animefan8800 said:
I'm a bit conflicted on this one. I'm not sure I can look past the despicable actions Ayase took even though the show clearly wants me to. I feel absolutely no sympathy for her situation now. Sigh...and now Ikki will help her, and she'll probably fall for him and Stella will get jealous and I don't really want any of that. Stella needs more/all time as the female lead. Every episode she's relegated to background spectator my heart hurts. :(

Oh and the teacher blood gag was horrible this week. Not sure why it bothered me more here, maybe because the episode in general did.

Don't worry, Ayase never falls for Ikki. The episodes 5-8 is the Ayase arc of the story after in the episode 9 the story will enter in another arc with more romance scenes between Ikki and Stella, probably you will love the 12 episode.

I'm pretty sure Kaito-san(Ayase's dad) mentioned that Ayase developed a crush on Ikki(later on, that is.)
 
Dec 14, 2015 8:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 194
Terrible terrible episode.... predictable, pretentious, unoriginal and bad writing. Worst episode yet? Well no, worst anime I've watched (more than 1 episode of) this season.


This made me cringe too much, its another BS anime about 'friendship' and 'I WANT TO BELIEVE' teen-empowerment bullshit. Yayyyy, the MC is so generic I cry whenever he speaks, and that chick who tricked him has the most generic and unoriginal and poorly executed backstory I've seen in a while. Seriously? 'yay my papa teaches me to be a good person, i luv him so much so i become a bad person and ignore his advice'.... Also the writing of dialogue took a turn for the worse overall, some of the bs the MC spouts I've seen dozens of times before... literally exact same things.


Also come on why the hell is the MC's sister always so annoying and predictable and uninteresting.... well I could say this about half the cast. But the Goddamn forced, unnecessary incest undertones are just pointless and don't add anything to the story.


Also I just love (sarcasm) how the writers of this LN bs just like to ass-pull any BS power whenever they need it just to advance the story. Seriously, despite losing his 'ultimate powah' the MC pulls out another super OP technique out of his ass and wins once again with low effort - he could've just started the fight with that move.... We'd get less cringeworthy bs fan-fic level dialogue that way!


No wonder anime is dying if this is actually one of the 'better' shows of its season....
I am a human.
 
Dec 14, 2015 9:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 48
AppoX said:
Terrible terrible episode.... predictable, pretentious, unoriginal and bad writing. Worst episode yet? Well no, worst anime I've watched (more than 1 episode of) this season.

This made me cringe too much, its another BS anime about 'friendship' and 'I WANT TO BELIEVE' teen-empowerment bullshit. Yayyyy, the MC is so generic I cry whenever he speaks, and that chick who tricked him has the most generic and unoriginal and poorly executed backstory I've seen in a while. Seriously? 'yay my papa teaches me to be a good person, i luv him so much so i become a bad person and ignore his advice'.... Also the writing of dialogue took a turn for the worse overall, some of the bs the MC spouts I've seen dozens of times before... literally exact same things.

Also come on why the hell is the MC's sister always so annoying and predictable and uninteresting.... well I could say this about half the cast. But the Goddamn forced, unnecessary incest undertones are just pointless and don't add anything to the story.

Also I just love (sarcasm) how the writers of this LN bs just like to ass-pull any BS power whenever they need it just to advance the story. Seriously, despite losing his 'ultimate powah' the MC pulls out another super OP technique out of his ass and wins once again with low effort - he could've just started the fight with that move.... We'd get less cringeworthy bs fan-fic level dialogue that way!

No wonder anime is dying if this is actually one of the 'better' shows of its season....

I just love (sarcasm) how people throw the term 'asspull' around, but don't actually understand the meaning behind it. To quote TV Tropes, asspulls are "cases where a character suddenly gets a new skill without explanation".

By this episode, Ikki only revealed one of his Seven Secret Swords (Raiko). Shinkirou ("Mirage Wolf") was the second to have been revealed to the audience. This is not an asspull because Ikki created the Secret Swords (by himself) way way before he even had his match against Ayase. As a result, this fails the "sudden" and "without explanation" aspects of the asspull definition.
Modified by BLKWarGreymon, Dec 14, 2015 9:30 AM
 
Dec 14, 2015 6:14 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 157
BLKWarGreymon said:
By this episode, Ikki only revealed one of his Seven Secret Swords (Raiko). Shinkirou ("Mirage Wolf") was the second to have been revealed to the audience. This is not an asspull because Ikki created the Secret Swords (by himself) way way before he even had his match against Ayase. As a result, this fails the "sudden" and "without explanation" aspects of the asspull definition.
This knowledge is exclusive to novel readers though. The anime never once mentioned that Ikki has 7 moves he created himself.
 
Dec 14, 2015 6:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 48
Ryuutobi said:
BLKWarGreymon said:
By this episode, Ikki only revealed one of his Seven Secret Swords (Raiko). Shinkirou ("Mirage Wolf") was the second to have been revealed to the audience. This is not an asspull because Ikki created the Secret Swords (by himself) way way before he even had his match against Ayase. As a result, this fails the "sudden" and "without explanation" aspects of the asspull definition.
This knowledge is exclusive to novel readers though. The anime never once mentioned that Ikki has 7 moves he created himself.

Actually no. When Ikki first used Raiko in Episode 3, he said "Seventh Secret Sword, Raiko." That implies that he has at the minimum seven Secret Swords even if you haven't read the light novel.
 
Dec 15, 2015 6:13 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 669
People just want to find some excuse to say the word asspull ignoring the fact that they'll look stupid in return.
 
Dec 15, 2015 6:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 59
ixarising said:
People just want to find some excuse to say the word asspull ignoring the fact that they'll look stupid in return.

I've noticed that a bunch of people keep accusing Ikki for making 'asspulls'. I don't think in any of his fights, he actually does one.

- Vs. Kirihara, his lack of confidence was holding him back. Perfect Vision was explained by Nene
- Vs. Ayase, this was the first time he used Shinkirou
- Vs. Kuraudo, the conclusion came off as an asspull, but that was mainly the fault of the anime not explaining what Ten'i Muhou does.
 
Dec 27, 2015 4:54 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 25647
Another quite interesting episode if you ask me, some really nice action and a wonderful ending! Let's see what's next.
 
Dec 28, 2015 1:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 348
Nice fight between Ayase and Ikki. Wonder how they are going to solve the dojo's case.
 
Jan 5, 2016 4:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 428
The scene at the beginning, where Ayatsuji was supposedly about to commit hara-kiri will remain my favorite scene from this series I think.
 
Jan 18, 2016 10:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 4121
Yandere Ayase going berserk.. that's not cute.
Still entertaining fight though.. awesome ability.
 
Jan 24, 2016 3:27 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 235
From all the episodes I have watched until now, to defeat Ikki... There are a few rules: 1) Finish him in 1 blow, if not he will track all your moves with Perfect Vision, then you're fked. 2) If I'm not wrong, Itto Shura can only last for a certain amount of time, avoid all his attacks and avoid using attacks during the duration. 3) Even if he don't have Itto Shura, he has some nasty "Secret Sword", do not lose your composure when fighting him. Hope the future opponent will take notes...
 
Feb 7, 2016 9:02 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 15330
Nope, I can't feel sympathy for Ayase. What she did was dirty, tricking Ikki into using his Itto Shura so that he won't be able to use it at the match. After what he did for her, this ungrateful girl does this to Ikki. She deserved to lose that match and cry at the end.


Cute Stella, sleep talking. Something around the lines of "don't put your Itto Shura there" xD
Sleeping Stella is a beautiful Stella.

 
Feb 14, 2016 11:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 2254
Great fight. Also, how doesn't that teacher die from loss of too much blood?
 
Sep 20, 2016 11:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 7572
Too much drama about things I couldn't care less about. Soul. Pride. pfftt. Also Ikki's too much of a goody two shoes. The day he does something wrong is the day the world ends. Whatever it was an ok episode.
 
Sep 24, 2016 8:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 387
What a load of shit. Justifying that bitche's action, she fucking deserves a punch in her ugly face
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Sep 25, 2016 5:15 AM

Online
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 28657
I officially dislike the MC now, I hate protagonists like that who just forgive everything no matter how hars they are treated. And Ayase is a stupid bitch that should just rot in hell for cheating actually not only once but twice.
 
Nov 4, 2016 6:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 2671
Trainwreck episode. uguu~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Dec 25, 2016 8:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1947
Hmm Ayase definitely showed a completely other side of her in this episode. Forcing Ikki at the beginning to use his ittou shura was really devious. At some point I can understand why she did that, but I don't think that this would help her to get any stronger.

I like Ikku but sometimes I can't see why he forgives everything what others want to do to him.

Stella and her lewd thoughts with Ikki xD

The fight was nice, a good amount of action, even if Ikki was half bleeding to death.^^
 
Jan 14, 2017 1:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 4117
Ikki be like: Fock the school! *kicks building*

Oh, Yuri-san.

DAT BATTLE!
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
 
Mar 22, 2017 10:13 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 4383
lol Ayase isn't hate-able :P her crying is really cute ahhahahahaaa
 
Apr 8, 2017 5:41 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 4778
Ayase technique and sword was pretty cool... too bad she used underhanded tactics to try to win her match. Ikki offering his help (he is a gentleman Knight) was not a surprise and if he manage to win against scumbag I think a love flag is going to rise…
 
Jul 20, 2017 6:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 220
They really done a nice job making me root for both of them in this fight. I understand Ayase feeling, even if you're doing fair and square it doesn't matter if there's no result. I have done that too in life and it sure does makes me question myself.
 
Aug 2, 2017 4:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 72
Wow so many ups and downs!
I really thought Ayase was a nice and cute girl :/ She was so lovely and was really proud to be the pupil of Ikki.
But this episode changed my opinion a bit:

At first i really hated Ayase but then... i still hated her. Even the ending didnt change anything for me.

 
Oct 21, 2017 12:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 4538
Roy_Focker said:
Ayase technique and sword was pretty cool... too bad she used underhanded tactics to try to win her match. Ikki offering his help (he is a gentleman Knight) was not a surprise and if he manage to win against scumbag I think a love flag is going to rise…


maybe one sided flag

Stella is the one that that remains by hes side forever
 
Feb 6, 2018 4:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 6148
Is the blood vomiting teacher supposed to be funny?
 
May 15, 2018 12:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 1786
Nice action as expected, not epic but still great nevertheless! The way Ikki finished Ayakese was badass though!

It's really refreshing to see a character experiencing an internal struggle from time to time. Ayase's case was executed brilliantly. The way Ayase's attitude suddenly changes and the reason behind it to the point when she admitted defeat and accepting the fact that she's been deceiving herself, this all flows well in this one episode. Well done!

Ikki saving Ayase from her struggles is pretty typical of an MC wanting to save a friend though...
If he said "Imma beat the hell of this showoff gangster for you!" maybe it would be better...?
Modified by ShadowkillZ_, May 15, 2018 1:15 PM
OwO
 
Sep 18, 2018 11:50 PM

Online
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 4476
That ending was great, after she admit her lose it became pretty emotional I can't wait to see Ikki kick that Yanki's ass.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jul 15, 2019 12:32 PM
Maki's arms

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 8998
Well after this, someone is joining the harem
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

 
Nov 6, 2019 1:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 4377
I think it was bullshit how Alice said that they didn't have info on Ayase's abilities and saying she's never shown them when she's already a third year. She's already put in the D-rank so she should have already did the evaluation and got her abilities graded. Ikki was put in the F-rank because he has no blazer abilities so Ayase's abilities should have been in the records already unless if she was purposely laying low.

People completely misunderstanding Ikki in this thread it seems just because he didn't judge Ayase too early despite her actions. He already established a bond with Ayase so he wanted to confirm it for himself what her true intentions are and he got his answer in the match so he wanted to bring back her pride as a swordswoman who is the daughter of a swordsman he has idolized since long ago because she was deceiving herself all along. Once she realized her weakness, she asked for help. This is a completely different situation from Kirihara who was straight up and douchebag and Ikki didn't pay any attention into trying to understand his motives. Ikki is a great guy. He's someone who has been wronged all his life by his own family but found a role model to look up to and decided to live his life helping others in any way he can because he doesn't want anyone to experience the things he did.
 
Nov 19, 2019 2:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 680
The fight between Ayase and Ikki was cool, even if Ayasa was cheating Ikki was still able to beat him, good game Ayase, but I'm glad that Ayase is back on her right mind. I can't wait for that sword eater guy to be beaten. Anyway, Stella is still as cute as always.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
 
Mar 27, 1:19 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 4228
nice fighto. Ayase bankai was cool too. :P
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
 
Top
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]