Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 15, 2015 11:59 AM
Nov 2015
Omfg seriously the amount of hate on this episode is absolutely ridiculous fairy tail is at an amazing part of the anime I thought this episode was fucking great ok animation may not have been perfect all the way through but the build up to face was fantastic and I didn't expect it at the end.

Also the acnologia and igneel fight was fucking awesome and the natsu and Mard geer one is heating up to not to mention how great the story telling was. As for the Erza vs kyoka fight I really do not get all the hate I mean it wasn't the most intense fight but it had a good story and was inspiring I loved the scene after Erza lost her senses and still fought back. It is a world of magic what do u expect? U cannot complain about that seriously guys what's all the fuss about was 5/5 for me one of the best most intense episodes I've seen can't wait for next week
Drfilthy_dubNov 15, 2015 12:10 PM
Nov 15, 2015 2:57 PM

Jan 2008
Lol this episode was so dumb. Felt like I was watching a hentai the entire time with whats her name's ability to increase sensitivity of others. I swear that's her only purpose, as doujinshi bait for some bdsm with Erza.

The 5 sense things but overcome with nakama power was even dumber.
Nov 15, 2015 7:17 PM

Mar 2014
Drfilthy_dub said:
Omfg seriously the amount of hate on this episode is absolutely ridiculous fairy tail is at an amazing part of the anime I thought this episode was fucking great ok animation may not have been perfect all the way through but the build up to face was fantastic and I didn't expect it at the end.

Also the acnologia and igneel fight was fucking awesome and the natsu and Mard geer one is heating up to not to mention how great the story telling was. As for the Erza vs kyoka fight I really do not get all the hate I mean it wasn't the most intense fight but it had a good story and was inspiring I loved the scene after Erza lost her senses and still fought back. It is a world of magic what do u expect? U cannot complain about that seriously guys what's all the fuss about was 5/5 for me one of the best most intense episodes I've seen can't wait for next week
How about 'ya make that post with your real account, huh buddy? Then we'll care about your ignorant opinion.
Nov 16, 2015 11:47 AM

May 2014
A bit too much fanservice and maybe little too much Nakama power. I mean Erza could stand up a minute after she lost all her senses. I mean wtf? I think it would have been better if someone jumped in for her.

It just way too much nakama power for someone to fight without any of their 5 senses. This is totally bullshit. LOL, I guess Happy were right, "she is Erza". xD

Anyways, they had a decent animation. So my rating will be 3/5.
Nov 16, 2015 11:53 AM

May 2014
ReinhardVonMusel said:
Question: If Erza was stripped of her sense of touch then why on Earth is she supposed to feel pain?

"I've stolen her five senses and increased her pain sensitivity to the max" <-- What, this doesn't make any sense.

LOL, I know right. ANd how much is that woman's durability. Over 9000? xD This nakama-power become too much if you ask me.
Nov 16, 2015 11:58 AM

May 2014
Ichigostar234 said:
Fairy Tail on that Nakama power up again, but this is on a whole new level of derpiness. Hiro Mashima has really just given up writing his manga properly, the series had a good start but went sour fast after the defeat of Laxus.
I really hope Fairy Tail would get cancelled, but that aint gonna happen because all those readers in japan only care about the Fanservice and Nakama power ups.
Godspeed Fairy Tail. Godspeed.

I hope it doesn't get cancelled for one single reason and that is the music and OST. I can't see a future without it. xD As long as the music is on top, I hope they continue the animation. :P
Nov 16, 2015 12:09 PM

May 2014
chaosflame5 said:
Nakama powerup lol. This never fails xD yes, it's overused lmao Yeah, the fight sure is average, an explanation is required for how Erza was able to kick Kyouka's butt again despite all that pain (extra scenes in BD? But nah...no chance). Magic eye as some people above said is indeed a good reason, but I always think her torturous days back in Tower of Heaven made her much tougher and able to endure the pain, even to the bone. Too bad they never showed the reason(s), and of course "because she's Erza!"...Happy, your explanation sure is too simple to be convinced xD Well, looking forward to the next episode, as I kinda spoiled myself (due to curiosity) regarding who that girl in a crystal is and what it might be referring to.

Well, then we are two in the same shoes. >.> I also spoiled myself there. hhaah
Nov 16, 2015 12:20 PM

May 2014
ZubZubZub said:
ReinhardVonMusel said:
Question: If Erza was stripped of her sense of touch then why on Earth is she supposed to feel pain?

"I've stolen her five senses and increased her pain sensitivity to the max" <-- What, this doesn't make any sense.

Pain is separate from the sense of touch. It was formerly believed that pain was overload of the sense of pressure (which falls under "touch"); however, the pain receptors are distinct from pressure receptors.

It's hard to say what kind of effect Kyouka's curse would have on the CNS, but the pain areas of the brain are also distinct from the touch areas just as the pain receptors are distinct from touch receptors (pain seems to be registered in the anterior cingulate cortex, whereas the sense of touch is located in the postcentral gyrus). Then again, it's hard to say how people's brains work in Fairy Tail land. The thing that bugged me about "I've stolen her five senses" the most is that there are more than 5 senses (in fact, there are 20 or so known senses; again, who knows how many senses people in Fairy Tail land have)

yeah, you got a point. But if there is no touch receptors to send signals to the brain about pain, how are she supposed to feel it. It's like if you stab your finger with a needle. If you have no receptors there, how are the signal supposed to get to the brain.

But I guess anime logic in FT work differently. Apperently, this fight didn't have much logic or science in it. LOL
Nov 16, 2015 12:26 PM

May 2014
ziggy_Z said:
Drfilthy_dub said:

How about 'ya make that post with your real account, huh buddy? Then we'll care about your ignorant opinion.

Why should we fight over others opinon, lol. Everybody have different opinions. Respect it!
Nov 16, 2015 3:04 PM

Nov 2009
ziggy_Z said:
Cowheart said:
Why does Erza always get the bullshit fights? :(
She doesn't get the bullshit fights, she just makes the outcome bullshit.

If the outcome is bullshit, it makes the fight bullshit for me.

Mashima should really be able to write better fights for Erza. He wrote Rave Master, where Haru used a sword with multiple forms. Erza's power is nearly the same but with armor, and this is even referenced in the Edolas arc where Edolas Erza uses the transforming spear named after Haru's sword. Potentially we could have some really interesting battles where Erza uses a combination of different armors to win, but instead she gets her ass kicked until the bullshit kicks in.
Nov 16, 2015 9:21 PM

Nov 2014
OH NOES =0

When Igneel grabbed Acnologia and slammed him onto the ground
Me: CHARIZARD USED SEISMIC TOSS
Super effective
Nov 17, 2015 4:58 AM

Apr 2014
Will Erza be able to regain her senses?
"You don't become Hokage in order to be acknowledged by the village.
The one who is acknowledged by everyone, is the one who becomes Hokage."
Uchiha Itachi, Naruto Shippuden
Nov 17, 2015 6:51 PM

Dec 2013
vasilis0602 said:
Will Erza be able to regain her senses?

Yes. Once Kyouka dies her curse goes away. Similar how to Silver was released once Keith died.
Nov 18, 2015 11:42 PM

Nov 2014
as a anime only i couldn't belive when manga readers told me that this episode will be the biggest bull shit ever , and i was thinking "impossible to be more bs than the GMG Arc" , well i was wrong this episode alone just make me hate erza that was a litte bit of a good character as a female , i dont know why but everytime they try to make a good female character in a shounen she always ended up being tentacle raped and came with this bs things (SAO reference for the ones who dont know).
This fight just ruin the entire arc for me it would be better if erza just died and acnologia blow up kyoka by mistake ...
Stop the meaningless talk
Nov 19, 2015 9:20 AM

Sep 2015
Just when I thought FT was getting better:((
Another powerup with the help of FRIENDS!!!
When will they quit doing this??
Don't they realize that many people do not like FT because of random powerups?
That's why the reviewers do not like this show...
They should do something about it....
Nov 19, 2015 9:27 AM

Oct 2009
Finally caught up to the anime... And the Erza vs Kyouka fight just made me cringe, and reminded me how bad the fight was when i read it in the manga. Note that Erza used to be one of my favourite character before every chapter after Grimoire Heart arc, just made me realise the whole BS thing about Erza being incapable of losing, will just continue til the end of the manga...

When Happy gave the explanation, "Because, she's Erza". I just felt like Mashima basically saying, 'Hey Peeps, you know how I made Erza into this character who doesn't know the meaning of defeat even though she's completely outmatched. Yeah, you realised that, eh? Looks like you all gonna have to deal with the fact that she's never going to lose, she'll always win through some BS means that I create.'

No disrespect to Mashima, I do enjoy his big works, Rave Master and Fairy Tail. And at least the worst fight in this arc has come to pass.

And for all those who are still complaining and threatening to drop the series. Sure by all means drop it, if you can't take it, why are you suffering this, unless you're all masochists. Ragequit if you must. Otherwise suck it up, deal with it, and enjoy what you have liked from the anime/manga. But if you don't enjoy anything from it since a while ago. Keep at it for a little bit or just drop it and forget how you wasted your time on it.

I don't mind people complaining but if you think it should be discontinued or equivalent, why are you here? Is trolling that fun for you?

P.S. Nakama power-ups are a bit too much. Though it seems as it will always be so for Erza. Gray's new power/power-up was probably necessary for him to stay relevant in the story as well as be a rival to Natsu. His character was weak compared to the others, and so he had his story resolved so he can't start a new quest. Laxus fighting in his heavily injured body is actually not BS, since throughout the series, he has been shown to have probably the most resilient bodies in the whole world of FT. Erza fights have always tended to be over the top, and ended in some BS way, and that probably won't change, though i wish it would.
Theusis3Nov 19, 2015 9:33 AM
The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they don't wish to see anyone else suffer the way they did.
Nov 19, 2015 10:12 AM

Jul 2013
Theusis3 said:
When Happy gave the explanation, "Because, she's Erza". I just felt like Mashima basically saying, 'Hey Peeps, you know how I made Erza into this character who doesn't know the meaning of defeat even though she's completely outmatched. Yeah, you realised that, eh? Looks like you all gonna have to deal with the fact that she's never going to lose, she'll always win through some BS means that I create.

I'm sure that Mashima was trolling when he made Happy say that.
Nov 19, 2015 2:39 PM

Mar 2014
Illyricus said:
Theusis3 said:
When Happy gave the explanation, "Because, she's Erza". I just felt like Mashima basically saying, 'Hey Peeps, you know how I made Erza into this character who doesn't know the meaning of defeat even though she's completely outmatched. Yeah, you realised that, eh? Looks like you all gonna have to deal with the fact that she's never going to lose, she'll always win through some BS means that I create.

I'm sure that Mashima was trolling when he made Happy say that.
It was his way of excusing all of her victories, because he finally realised the kind of character he wrote.
Nov 19, 2015 3:36 PM

Aug 2013
So this was the controversial "Erza BS" I remember manga readers talking about some time ago. Well I usually disagree with many criticisms of Fairy Tail but I found myself shaking my head and saying BULL SHIT out loud when Erza stood up and started fighting with all 5 senses supposedly gone. Firstly, if she had no sense she'd be a complete vegetable, wouldn't be able to feel the ground, or hold a sword, definitely not punch or kick cause she wouldn't feel where the contact was. I can suspend my disbelief quite far for Fairy Tail but this was too much for me.
Nov 20, 2015 8:42 AM
Jul 2018
“She is Erza” is finally here!! Still as much of a bs moment as I remember but even then it was more enjoyable than last time. The animation looked bad this time around though.
Nov 20, 2015 5:02 PM
Oct 2014
Just a new Deus Ex Machina.... Erza...
Nov 21, 2015 1:29 PM

Jun 2013
So this was the Erza bullshit that I kept hearing about. What even was the point of it considering the fact that Face was not stopped?
Nov 21, 2015 3:31 PM

Jan 2011
erza won with friends power
and face activated
Nov 21, 2015 6:47 PM

Mar 2014
Josejua04 said:
Just a new Deus Ex Machina.... Erza...
Erza was always one.
Nov 23, 2015 8:47 PM

Dec 2012
Looks like when Erza lost all her senses, she gained a new sense...The Mashima sense.

Minerva did what Kuririn/Krillin couldn't. Unfortunately, Minerva doesn't have the clutch gene.

Farewell Kyoka. I will miss your oppai and booty shots.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 28, 2015 2:32 PM

Apr 2013
Typical Erza fight, one of the few things that bug me about Fairy Tail are these illogical nakama powerups.
Dec 2, 2015 3:30 AM

Jan 2012
Nice to see my waifu in action again.

Dec 3, 2015 12:21 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Gator said:
Typical Erza fight, one of the few things that bug me about Fairy Tail are these illogical nakama powerups.

The power of friendship BS overpowers everything once again.
Dec 6, 2015 11:13 AM
Jan 2012
Erza lost 5 senses,but continuous fighting remember a Saint Seiya.
laugh smalls with jet e droy.
Dec 9, 2015 4:55 AM

Jul 2012
Lol yet again they "Stop" face only to find out they didn't stop face, Also the title of this episode made it pretty clear that the timer would reach 0 so nice work spoiling your own anime yet again.
Dec 31, 2015 11:04 AM
Sep 2015
Lmao i fell this episode got a lot of hate. i mean i was expecting something like this. I mean she is Erza the woman that fought 100 monsters but whateves. i read most of the comments but i couldn't help but agree with that lost of the senses and the pain thing. i can't wait to see if face goes off or what will happen to make it stop.
Dec 31, 2015 6:15 PM

Apr 2009
Because she's Erza!

I'm satisfied with that explanation and nothing more needs to be said about the episode.
Jan 1, 2016 8:45 PM
Aug 2009
Gator said:

Uhm, i don't want to disapoint you or anyone else here, but that is Fairy Tail.
The whole franchise is made about "the power of friendship". Without that everyone should have died ages ago.
Feb 5, 2016 8:18 PM

Mar 2012
The fight between Erza and Kyoka was super intense. I'm not surprised that FACE supposedly activated at the end of the episode, but I have a feeling that the gang is going to somehow overcome this. If not, then it'd be interesting to see them fight without using any kind of magic.
Feb 25, 2016 1:19 PM

Jun 2011
Many people have already complained about it, reading it all makes me not want to rant about it anymore. Even then, I believe this should be out there:
rasenshiruken973 said:
So this was the controversial "Erza BS" I remember manga readers talking about some time ago. Well I usually disagree with many criticisms of Fairy Tail but I found myself shaking my head and saying BULL SHIT out loud when Erza stood up and started fighting with all 5 senses supposedly gone. Firstly, if she had no sense she'd be a complete vegetable, wouldn't be able to feel the ground, or hold a sword, definitely not punch or kick cause she wouldn't feel where the contact was. I can suspend my disbelief quite far for Fairy Tail but this was too much for me.
It's what I was thinking as well. Losing her sense of touch would make her unable to stand up, because touching the ground is the same as touching the air, and even if you may have exerted a force onto the ground, without your 5 senses, you won't be able to balance yourself standing up because you can't feel anything. Basically, she should have been a vegetable as you said.

But this is Fairy Tail, so.. this atrocity should have been expected as the norm for all the fights so as not to be disappointed every single time.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 28, 2016 1:45 PM

Sep 2015
They freaked out too much resistance Erza...
May 6, 2016 9:05 AM

Feb 2016
she wanted to take away her five senses this automatically includes ripping of her clothes as well. the deep symbolic meaning behind everything is so astonishing. fewer clothing stands for desperation and the lack of covering against the devil. and it also visualizes the fact of losing her senses. very deep indeed.
May 25, 2016 7:21 PM

Jan 2014
I feel like fairy tail has been getting better so far :p
Sep 17, 2016 10:58 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
00:00
FACE ON

"A world without magia"
Sep 19, 2016 9:03 PM

Jan 2016
man that was tense, the dragon fight, and everyone is getting affected by the area while they try to take cover.
Erza vs Kyoka, decent tbh, bit Gotta love Erza, she enduring and suffering all that pain.. "the only conclusion is.. She's Erza!!" lol
Cant wait how this will end!

Natsu vs Mard Geer continues, with Sting and Rogue come to aid Natsu in the next episode, the battle between the dragons looks Incredible
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Mar 25, 2017 4:54 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Well the fight started off good, because we finally saw someone who could take down Erza. That's what made it interesting. However, I'm really disappointed with how it was resolved. Erza won because she's her? C'mon Hiro, I love ya, but this was awful. It always seems like Erza is the one that gets all the asspulls. Be it here, or on Tenrou. Stop putting her in fights she can't win so it requires an asspull.

I was actually hoping Gray would come in and kick Kyouka's ass, since he's been gone for some time.

By far the worst fight. Such a shame.
Jun 25, 2017 4:56 PM

May 2012
Holy shit that ending! What an epic fight, but did Face really activate? Damn this doesn't look all too good, let's see what's next!
Oct 11, 2017 5:26 PM

Jul 2013
How come, Igneel didn't appear before Fairy Tail got totally destroyed by Acnologia on that island? This does not make sense at all :&
Weaklings can't choose their way of death - Law
Nov 12, 2017 2:36 AM

Jul 2009
Why do they always turn Erza's fights into a mess?! I love her, but they always makes her fights a mess or skip it...all focus on Natsu...
Nov 21, 2017 2:33 PM

Sep 2012
That fight was stupid. After Erza was down Kyoka should not have removed her foot from Erza and let her get up. If she was smart she would have kept beating her if she even tried to get up.
Dec 14, 2017 10:46 AM

Sep 2012
Atef said:
How come, Igneel didn't appear before Fairy Tail got totally destroyed by Acnologia on that island? This does not make sense at all :&

he had a lot faith in them :D
Feb 28, 2018 10:10 PM
Dec 2017
fighting against Erza ! hell of problem,
Jan 11, 2019 1:58 PM
Jul 2016
I’m not some weird ass nerd, so I didn’t read any manga, but I really hated the erza fight from when she lost her senses and it looks like a lot of people did too. It’s incredible that we still don’t get to see any nipples or decent panty shot from Erza or Mirajane in these fights and yet Kyoka is wearing a swimsuit thong basically. Unreal.
Mar 6, 2019 5:45 PM

Oct 2013
"You guys might be right, but I'm pretty sure you're overthinking it. It's 'cause she's Erza!"
Oh, Fairy Tail, at least you're self-aware.

I'm not really going to complain about the bullshit asspull because everyone has done enough of that, and I've developed an Erza tier suspension of disbelief after being thoroughly flabbergasted by the Grand Magic Games, but one thing that really irks me is Erza regaining her senses after Harpie Lady kicks the bucket. Like, if Harpie gal's curses deal damage TO the senses, they should remain damaged. The Thunder Legion isn't suddenly cured because Tempesta F'd. The damage inflicted by the other Demon Gates (Keyes, Seila, etc) didn't suddenly rewind, either. Damage done is damage done, my dudes, so wtf?

I mean, I understand Erza can't remain a six sensed omega samurai pseudo-vegetable for the rest of the series, but at least write her so she's taken to Porlyusica who conjures up some wizard shit for her or some shit.

Then again, looks like Earth Land is turning into an Edolas mirror, so maybe that wouldn't have been an option. I can't really buy this is a legitimate outcome as that seems like too apocalyptic of a turn for this series, but whatever, we'll see.

I liked Minerva using her territory magic to trade places with Erza and deliver the final blow. That's a powerful statement from her.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 29, 2020 9:13 AM

May 2018
Lol Erza won 'because she is Erza'. At least she had her nakama power on full maximum mode lol
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.