Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 21, 2015 6:18 AM

Sep 2014
ThrashMatto said:
SnugglyWhuggly said:

It's okay, no need to worry about me so much...

But I do

Why? :c
Nov 21, 2015 6:19 AM

Jul 2014
SnugglyWhuggly said:
ThrashMatto said:

But I do

Because he doesn't have necrophilia.
Wecc said:
All hail HaXXspetten king of the loli traps!
Nov 21, 2015 6:20 AM

Jan 2014
SnugglyWhuggly said:
ThrashMatto said:

But I do

Because I care about you.
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Nov 21, 2015 6:21 AM

Sep 2014
ThrashMatto said:
SnugglyWhuggly said:

Because I care about you.

Why do you care about me?

Rothion said:
Because he doesn't have necrophilia.

I see, thanks for the heads up.
Nov 21, 2015 6:24 AM
Nov 2015
Someone's form of escaping from the short-span of life we are given. Seeing a future so bleak, so devoid of meaningful moments that he/she will take their own life.

Depression is real and affects millions of people. If you see somebody who is feeling down try to make their day better, because you have no idea what is going on in their head and just a small thing like"'let's hang out!" can make someone feel wanted. Love to you all <3
Nov 21, 2015 7:13 AM
May 2014
the topic of suicide is really confusing

On one end, a person that wants to terminate his own life because he is either dealing with really harsh circumstances , possibly even unchangeable should be able to do so. Its his life after all, he should have the freedom to do so.

On the other end commiting suicide would mean completely giving up on the one life he has and all the chances of it ever getting better. And there are a lot of attempted suicides that made people reconsider killing themselves indicating that its just a spur of the moment thing most of the time. That the person didnt really think it through.

Ultimately i think there is really no correct answer. It depends on how much value each person sees in life
Nov 21, 2015 7:25 AM

Oct 2012
If you're dead you can't feel anything, experience anything, can't do anything or change anything. You're just....Dead.

I prefer to be alive and suffering, than dead.
Nov 21, 2015 7:47 AM

Aug 2013
it's pretty weird that we put life so high on the priorities list yet we've still got mad wars going on
Nov 21, 2015 8:06 AM

Nov 2013
kawaiiyuris said:
sirius707 said:
I don't wanna judge, but I find it stupid.
Why? because someday you're going to die anyway, so why the rush?

it's usually because you're dealing with a fucked up and chronic mental illness and you'd prefer not waiting for all of those ~possibilities~ and watching them get fucked up because of your illness. it's not a very difficult concept to grasp, but i guess it's kinda abstract if you haven't dealt with it personally
people also do it because they just found out they have an illness that's going to kill them in a slow and painful way, or because their whole life just fell apart for some reason (often financial difficulties) and they can't fix it etc etc etc

I forgot to rule out clinical depression.
And I am pretty sure I know why people attempt to commit suicide but that doesn't change my mind about it. Financial problems? yeah let's die, there is no way in hell things are going to get better. Oh, what is this, I am sick and i am going to die in a few years, maybe i should die now instead of giving medicine a chance to advance and maybe find a cure for my illness, there is nothing in life that i can think of doing before I die, I've done everything there is to do so i better die now.
I guess it's about your personality in the end, if you'd rather escape because you're overwhelmed by problems than try to solve them, then yeah, kill yourself.
mind, body & SOUL

Nov 21, 2015 8:31 AM
Sep 2015
easy way out of problems
like noobs who pick super easy mode or sandbox.

depression leading to suicide is different though...
it's a very delicate matter that needs professional intervention and family support
Nov 21, 2015 11:33 AM

Jan 2014
Every fucking step I think I'm taking in the right direction to turn this person's depression around is met with complete and utter resistance. I think I'm starting to make headway and finally pull them out then I get shit like "It just confirms everything I was thinking. At least I know for certain now that no one really gives a fuck about my existence".

I'm not giving up, damnit.
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Nov 21, 2015 11:37 AM

Feb 2015
Cowardice.
Nov 21, 2015 11:40 AM

Apr 2009
sirius707 said:
kawaiiyuris said:

it's usually because you're dealing with a fucked up and chronic mental illness and you'd prefer not waiting for all of those ~possibilities~ and watching them get fucked up because of your illness. it's not a very difficult concept to grasp, but i guess it's kinda abstract if you haven't dealt with it personally
people also do it because they just found out they have an illness that's going to kill them in a slow and painful way, or because their whole life just fell apart for some reason (often financial difficulties) and they can't fix it etc etc etc

I forgot to rule out clinical depression.
And I am pretty sure I know why people attempt to commit suicide but that doesn't change my mind about it. Financial problems? yeah let's die, there is no way in hell things are going to get better. Oh, what is this, I am sick and i am going to die in a few years, maybe i should die now instead of giving medicine a chance to advance and maybe find a cure for my illness, there is nothing in life that i can think of doing before I die, I've done everything there is to do so i better die now.
I guess it's about your personality in the end, if you'd rather escape because you're overwhelmed by problems than try to solve them, then yeah, kill yourself.
must be nice never having had any brutally serious problems, severe mental illness, or witnessed someone die a slow and terrible death due to illness lmao
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Nov 21, 2015 11:45 AM

Apr 2013
Wow. I was about to post why I thought suicide was cowardly until I realized that there are some legitimate circumstances behind some suicides that don't really pertain to what I was thinking about initially.

Then again this is MAL we're talking about so FUK U BICHES HOO R SUESIDEAL!!!!!11!!!!!one!!!1!!!
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Nov 21, 2015 12:12 PM

May 2015
ArTIkBaNAnA said:
If you're dead you can't feel anything, experience anything, can't do anything or change anything. You're just....Dead.

I prefer to be alive and suffering, than dead.

Some people prefer the nothingness over feeling pain.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Nov 21, 2015 12:20 PM

Jun 2013
"You weak piece of shit, how can you let yourself be crushed into nothingness, If you cannot rise for yourself, So do it for /me/, Do it for /my sake/, That's the very least you can do."
Nov 21, 2015 12:22 PM
Jul 2018
I think it's a perfectly acceptable choice. Especially if you're a "MALer." :)
Nov 21, 2015 12:56 PM

Sep 2014
ThrashMatto said:
Every fucking step I think I'm taking in the right direction to turn this person's depression around is met with complete and utter resistance. I think I'm starting to make headway and finally pull them out then I get shit like "It just confirms everything I was thinking. At least I know for certain now that no one really gives a fuck about my existence".

I'm not giving up, damnit.

I think you should leave this person be.
Nov 22, 2015 4:50 PM
Nov 2015
It's selfish? If someone wants to suicide, then let them. It's their life. Also, people who suicide deserve it anyway; the world would be better off without them, so they should be encouraged.
Nov 22, 2015 5:08 PM
Oct 2015
If you have literally nothing like for example all your loved ones + people who cared for you are dead, then you have the right to suicide.

However, if there are people who really care for you and you suicide, then I would considered that selfish and pathetic because you are causing suffering for them.
Nov 22, 2015 5:56 PM
Nov 2015
RioOba said:
If you have literally nothing like for example all your loved ones + people who cared for you are dead, then you have the right to suicide.

However, if there are people who really care for you and you suicide, then I would considered that selfish and pathetic because you are causing suffering for them.

Doing what you want is selfish? What happened to free will? Some people need to grow up.
Nov 22, 2015 7:00 PM

Jul 2013
It takes balls. Other than that, it's selfish and bear in mind that things can't get better if you're dead.
Nov 23, 2015 1:05 AM

May 2015
Freiya said:
It takes balls. Other than that, it's selfish and bear in mind that things can't get better if you're dead.

It also can't get worse.
Nov 23, 2015 1:09 AM

Apr 2013
Suicide is the easy way out and will hurt people around you. It should be punished with deah.
Nov 23, 2015 1:09 AM

Apr 2014
I wish they would hurry up. If they are contemplating suicide, they are probably useless and malfunctioning people.
Nov 23, 2015 1:10 AM

Jan 2013
Not enough people do it.
Nov 23, 2015 1:18 AM

May 2013
CondemneDio said:
Not enough people do it.

lol
Nov 23, 2015 1:23 AM

Jun 2015
It's a shame. Things almost always can get better.
I had a two year slump where I contemplated suicide a few times and never tried to talk to anyone about it. Bottling up your thoughts is not a good idea.

Nov 23, 2015 1:42 AM

Jul 2014
Only on MAL™ would putting a 12 gauge in your mouth and aiming down be considered a "cowardly" act.
Nov 23, 2015 1:45 AM

Apr 2013
Latent said:
Only on MAL™ would putting a 12 gauge in your mouth and aiming down be considered a "cowardly" act.

I don't think MAL has to do something with that.
Nov 23, 2015 2:17 AM

Apr 2014
I'm for it.
Nov 23, 2015 2:33 AM
Jul 2018
ArTIkBaNAnA said:

There are things worse than death.
Nov 23, 2015 10:53 AM

May 2015
Gator said:
Suicide is the easy way out and will hurt people around you. It should be punished with deah.

It's easy to keep going. It's harder to take the step and pull the trigger.
Nov 23, 2015 11:10 AM

May 2015
Stupid, there is always a reason to live.
Nov 23, 2015 11:37 AM

Nov 2012
I think that I should think about it less often.
Nov 23, 2015 11:39 AM

Aug 2013
TheBrainintheJar said:

It's easy to keep going.

hahahahaha ha ha ha
Nov 23, 2015 2:36 PM

Jun 2013
Funny I came across this topic. I just finished watching the Suicide Room the other day, and the ending really made me think.

There's always the possibility that things will get better. It may not be right away, but I think it's worth waiting until that moment. I can't blame suicide victims of being selfish because I can understand that their feelings must be suffocating and unbearable. They want to bring an end to their pain but I think that most of all they just want to be happy. I feel sad that they'll never know if life could've gotten better.
TheBigBadBakaNov 23, 2015 2:41 PM
Too lazy to make a signature. F*** it.
Nov 23, 2015 3:09 PM

May 2015
SilverMuse said:
Funny I came across this topic. I just finished watching the Suicide Room the other day, and the ending really made me think.

There's always the possibility that things will get better. It may not be right away, but I think it's worth waiting until that moment. I can't blame suicide victims of being selfish because I can understand that their feelings must be suffocating and unbearable. They want to bring an end to their pain but I think that most of all they just want to be happy. I feel sad that they'll never know if life could've gotten better.

Be happy that they never stuck around for things to get worse.
Nov 23, 2015 3:19 PM

Jun 2013
TheBrainintheJar said:

That's a pessimistic and defeatist way of thinking. >.< Even if things did get worse, that doesn't mean things will never get better.
TheBigBadBakaNov 23, 2015 4:13 PM
Nov 23, 2015 5:16 PM

Jun 2013
SilverMuse said:

Hope, both a pretty dream and an abominable curse.
Nov 23, 2015 5:19 PM
Oct 2015
Does anyone have any tips for anyone going through depression like nothing not interesting anymore and life just want to die right away?
Nov 23, 2015 5:41 PM

Jan 2014
Hatred said:
no one should think about suicide,everything will get better in the end

Nov 23, 2015 8:05 PM

Jun 2013
Lap1 said:

Hope, both a pretty dream and an abominable curse.

Do you truly think that hopes are just dreams that never come to be fulfilled? That's quite sad... :(
Nov 23, 2015 8:07 PM
Aug 2012
i know some people who should consider it
Nov 24, 2015 1:31 AM

May 2015
SilverMuse said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

That's a pessimistic and defeatist way of thinking. >.< Even if things did get worse, that doesn't mean things will never get better.

But they can also get worse.

You don't know unless you look at each case individually. Don't you think in some cases it's better to die than continue living a terrible, unfulfilling life?
Nov 24, 2015 8:05 AM
Nov 2015
I doubt anything get better if things are always looking down or bad upon you? But maybe things could get better or change maybe it just depends on how you look at life.
Nov 24, 2015 1:11 PM

Jun 2013
TheBrainintheJar said:
SilverMuse said:

You don't know unless you look at each case individually. Don't you think in some cases it's better to die than continue living a terrible, unfulfilling life?

When the person is suffering from a terrible incurable illness is the only point in time when I think that suicide is an option.

I'm not denying that things might get worse, but my point is you just never know. Better to have lived and tried than not tried at all. I think of all the kids in school who have committed suicide due to bullying. Don't you think things would've changed after they graduated and people grew up a little?
Nov 24, 2015 1:28 PM

May 2015
SilverMuse said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

When the person is suffering from a terrible incurable illness is the only point in time when I think that suicide is an option.

I'm not denying that things might get worse, but my point is you just never know. Better to have lived and tried than not tried at all. I think of all the kids in school who have committed suicide due to bullying. Don't you think things would've changed after they graduated and people grew up a little?

So what if things could change? They will have to live with those memories forever. They will live with social anxiety, terrible social skills, depression and will probably be disliked by most people. Why live then?

A person has the fundamental right to die. Without the right to die there is no right to live. The idea that everyone's life is worth living based on your good life is arrogant.
Nov 24, 2015 3:02 PM

Feb 2015
a permanent solution to a temporary problem, counselors are there to help, i would suggest talking to them.
Nov 24, 2015 4:42 PM

Jun 2013
TheBrainintheJar said:
SilverMuse said:

So what if things could change? They will have to live with those memories forever. They will live with social anxiety, terrible social skills, depression and will probably be disliked by most people. Why live then?

A person has the fundamental right to die. Without the right to die there is no right to live. The idea that everyone's life is worth living based on your good life is arrogant.

Memories may remain, but they won't always effect us in the same way they did when they occurred. Time has a way of healing wounds. What if they overcame all those things and lived a happy fulfilled life? Would it really have been better that they killed themselves?

You have no right to say that I am arrogant to think the way I do because my life was "good". I can tell you right now that I've been through my fair share of troubles. Even so, caring about somebody else's well being is not being "arrogant" by any means. I'm not denying that everybody has a right to die, but I think it's sad that somebody would think death is their best option. We never know what the future holds.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » If we eat the mermaid's tail, is it cannibalism or is it fish meat?

Absurdo_N - 10 hours ago

25 by Dracowyn »»
11 minutes ago

» I'm a coomer, but the important question is...

LenRea - 30 minutes ago

0 by LenRea »»
30 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - 2 hours ago

6 by MeanMrMusician »»
53 minutes ago

Poll: » In the future there will be battles for love between species from other planets(theory)

Absurdo_N - 9 hours ago

8 by DoctorWasabi »»
55 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

674 by Hitagi__Furude »»
58 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.