Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 13, 2015 9:42 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
He went "full power" mode because that silver king was the only who can stop him? That means they have to get off, though Kugimiya-san's character doesn't want to do so.

Very super (electrified) power... and interesting talk while waiting. She chased him when he passed through them. Then blue king awaits and green king is out of power. Cat's real name = Ame no Miyabi? Protecting vs. use the power of the stone... Living part as energy in dead body? That old guy's turn, no he's grey king (that means green and grey work together?)?!

MBS was earlier than TBS.
https://twitter.com/anime_k11/status/665211944391933952
tsubasaloverNov 13, 2015 9:47 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 13, 2015 9:43 AM

Nov 2011
Uh, I thought the episode was more talky than expected but the action was okay.

One weakness I find this season is how they put together the dialogues together with the amount characters. Anna is the King not to be underestimated there and I find her powers to be at its climax this episode.

The Green King against the Red King...
About time. I guess this was one of the better episodes after all that buildup.
Nov 13, 2015 11:30 AM

Aug 2014
Hm. Well, I don't really have time to write a lot today. Still a little too much of repeating every second sentence. But it was surpsisingly better. And sursprisingly I even managed to enjoy this ep, and some parts I actually found pretty exciting. Characters were better presented. And we even got a plot twist! though I fell like they could've foreshadow it better.

Eh, or maybe I'm just too tired to think correctly. I'll think about it tomorrow.
Nov 13, 2015 12:20 PM

Oct 2015
Mh, well so far I am not covinced of this season. Seriously, for me this episode felt "wrong"/off because the biggest problem which I have is how they changed the way of presenting the show. This was one big merrit of the previous season but now everything feels so heartlessly put together. For example when they were waiting in that room for the Green King to arrive and while they were talking they suddenly cut it off and started this odd fighting scene.
The repeating of everything is also a big annoyance.

I dont know but I think they dropped the quality of this show a lot, at least I feel this way. But it is not like the content is bad because it is not. I really liked the plot twist with this Iwa-san and the referrence to Neko being the same as the Green King but the presentation isn't the best :/
Nov 13, 2015 12:49 PM

Sep 2010
So the final color is gray? Didn't see that coming I thought it would be purple or black and it looks like Mr. Iwa's element is fog. The reveal was pretty anti-climatic though.

Anna vs Nagare fight was pretty cool. Anna is such a badass little girl

I'm really loving this season even if I liked the first season a bit better.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Nov 13, 2015 12:50 PM

Jan 2013
Fifth king? Ok. Cool cool. Plot twists are cool.

lol @ Seri's dislocated butt. When her upper body moved but the butt stayed still.

Kinda much hopes for the next episode. I want to see all the kings fighting, especially Shiro. Though I wish the fight against the gray king won't last like 3 episodes.

I wonder, though, what will happen. If this fight will be wrapped up soon, what will the rest of the season be.
Nov 13, 2015 1:31 PM

Dec 2014
Too many stuff is going on, from characters to the history that gets brought up every so often.
Hoping for even more fight scenes in the next episode. Overall, great episode.
Nov 13, 2015 2:11 PM

Sep 2015
Great! Never thought my wish from last episode will be granted this soon. The introduction of the last king XD Though it would be purple king and not grey king. Now the story is picking up to reach the always-mentioned Kagutsu incident however many years ago. It means the guy from blue clan, who managed to 'kill' a king on that incident, will be central to the story from now.

Nagare looks like Neko with the heterochromia, being all white like that
Nov 13, 2015 2:14 PM

Aug 2015
So gray king instead of purple. Holy shit this episode was epic.
Nov 13, 2015 2:41 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Dat reveal tho O_O
Nov 13, 2015 3:47 PM

Sep 2014
The music during the fight scene was unexpected and I loved it.
The ending was pretty suspenseful, can't wait for next week!
Nov 13, 2015 3:49 PM
Oct 2012
ladies and gentlemen we have all 7 kings! well.... we haven't seen the new colorless kings but oh well.
Nov 13, 2015 5:09 PM

Apr 2015
Alright episode. Anna's powers are pretty impressive, and it's nice seeing her taking initiative on her own behalf. Grey King is interesting; however, at this rate, I'm hoping there'll be more than just ongoing dialogue like it's been for the past episodes.
Nov 13, 2015 5:55 PM

Jul 2015
I thought Shisui was stronger, it seems that Anna won very fast anyway in the next episode we will see Shiro fighting o / (or only even dodging never know)
Nov 13, 2015 7:04 PM

Jul 2009
Even in my wildest dreams I didn't see that one coming. I'm really surprised with the Gray king reveal.

It looks like all the factions are in place, but I think it's funny how a chaotic faction like HOMRA is working together with factions which are in the law/order side like the Silver Clan, Timeless Palace (Golden) and Scepter 4 just to beat the Jungle king, that bastard is just too OP.

I can't wait for the next week.
Jonny_MhlNov 14, 2015 7:32 AM
Nov 13, 2015 7:14 PM

Jun 2014
I wasn't really expecting Mr. Iwa to be the Gray king. This episode had some nice action and the preview seems to indicate that next episode will also (hopefully) be action-packed. Hopefully that's the case and it isn't more info-dumping of things we've heard before.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 13, 2015 7:16 PM

Jul 2009
I think the problem with K's plot is that it doesn't give me good enough reason to disagree with Nagare. I find myself rooting for him to be honest. Although I don't care much for his clansmen.

Mr. Iwa is badass as I predicted!

I just wanna see Shiro fight!

And wait is Nagare really done? He used up all his power after all? I don't get it his efforts literally did nothing. I mean none of the other kings got beat or reduced in strength and he didn't steal the slates. He says it was all for leading a path for Mr. Iwa but seriously? Mr. Iwa waltz straight in regardless of his so called "path."
Nov 13, 2015 11:32 PM

Nov 2012
a new king appears!
but man, nagare was weaker than expected. i thought he'd cause a big fuss.
Nov 14, 2015 12:17 AM

Jan 2009
so Mr. Iwa is a king all along heh, i thought Nagare will rekt them all good but he run out of stamina/battery so fast
Nov 14, 2015 1:55 AM
Jul 2018
Oh, they finally reveal the sixth and last king.
Enjoyed the episode.
Ameno Miyabi is still mysterious.
Dayum, five kings at one place was so cool to watch.
Nov 14, 2015 2:47 AM

Aug 2010
Nice revelation. So Gray is the last color? I wonder why he's "serving (housechores and stuff lol)"(?) Nagare?

Anna was awesome!

Are we finally gonna get to see Shiro fighting nxt ep? Can't wait!
Nov 14, 2015 3:15 AM
May 2015
Nice to finally see Seri's panty shot.
Nov 14, 2015 4:28 AM

Jan 2015
I saw no green.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Nov 14, 2015 4:45 AM

Jun 2014
Holy Shit that was unexpected , i just hope Iwa will be a bigger threat than Nagare .
Mascera said:
<3
i'm still waiting for explanations about Neko's identity , Ameno Miyabi , Nagare's "Awakening" was amazing last episode but he really was disappointing this week , i was expecting him to be much stronger and with more stamina , what's the point in having so much power if you can only use it for such a little time ?
xSkydelNov 14, 2015 4:49 AM
Nov 14, 2015 6:24 AM
Mar 2012
One of the King killed by the hand of nagare
Nov 14, 2015 6:32 AM

Jun 2013
it's annoying how the green clan sees this battle as just a game and cool fight between the kings and another king is here
Nov 14, 2015 8:34 AM

Oct 2013
I was expecting Green King to fight like no tomorrow, his battery ran out too soon.

Didn't see that coming, Iwa being the fifth king.
jaxjaxk said:
ladies and gentlemen we have all 7 kings! well.... we haven't seen the new colorless kings but oh well.
We haven't seen the new Gold King too.
Nov 14, 2015 9:33 AM

Jul 2009
Nuvi said:
I was expecting Green King to fight like no tomorrow, his battery ran out too soon.

Didn't see that coming, Iwa being the fifth king.
jaxjaxk said:
We haven't seen the new Gold King too.

It's too early for a new Gold King to appear, remember HOMRA took about 1 year for another one.

And about the Colorless King, he had no clansman, so I believe it will take even longer for another colorless king to show up because it will be picked as a random person again.
Jonny_MhlNov 20, 2015 5:47 PM
Nov 14, 2015 12:34 PM
Nov 2015
Well.. somehow epic and awful. I don't know. I liked the power up'ed green king .. but the implementation.. meh.
And here I thought I can see shiro in action .. but no.
I was pumped as the said anna will attack and shiro will defend (if the subs weren't rong) but nope.. green comes.. Anna attacks .. and shiro is hovering outta there ala "meh not my problem"
Nov 14, 2015 12:38 PM

Nov 2012
I don't get it, weren't Shiro and Ana meant to slowly bring the green king down before he met the blue king? I didn't see Shiro do anything.
Jaywalker.
Nov 14, 2015 2:02 PM

Mar 2014
So this Gray king is going to 1v2.5 (Will give Anna a half for probably being tired)

If he was possible of doing this in the first place, why didn't green and gray just 2v1 the gold king since green was extremely close to beating the gold?
Nov 14, 2015 5:27 PM

Jul 2012
Well stuff is starting to hit the fan with the sixth king getting involved.

I wonder what powers the gray king possess.

~Great episode!!!
Nov 15, 2015 12:14 AM

Sep 2012
I thought that the sixth king would be purple. I wonder why it's gray instead. Guess we'll find out.

Pretty strong episode overall (except for that particularly weird part where that camera angle to show Seri's behind didn't turn out so well). I did enjoy the twist of the unknown king appearing though. That was unexpected.

Otherwise, I hope they go more into Neko's past maybe and we get to see more of Shiro's fighting because we really haven't seen much (he is more of a strategist, but still).

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Nov 15, 2015 5:23 AM
Jul 2018
The reveal at the end was nice. Didn't expect Mr. Iwa to be the Grey King. Good episode, but it seems the talking is much longer than in the first season. I could be recalling it wrong. Anyway, it was a good episode in my opinion.

Also thought it was purple and not Grey. Must've read the information wrong.
Nov 15, 2015 5:43 AM

Mar 2015
Keikaku doori.
Nice nostalgic fanservice.
Nov 15, 2015 10:35 AM

Dec 2012
I never thought this guy was the sixth king, nice twist. There is a lot of dialogues in this episode, but the fights are beautiful.
We will see Shiro in action in the next episode :)
Nov 15, 2015 6:28 PM

Aug 2011
When will Shiro fight? He is so useless!
Nov 15, 2015 6:57 PM

Oct 2011
Gray KING??? All the kings are present
Nov 15, 2015 7:59 PM

Apr 2012
Good episode, the sixth king is finally revealed.

To be completely honest, I can really understand where Nagare is coming from with the idea that the Slates belong to everyone and should be allowed to give powers to all mankind. It's an admirable desire really, to put everyone in the world on an even playing field. But I also get the reasoning of the rest of them to keep the slates under lock and key, so while I expect Red Blue and Silver kings to win, I would not complain if at this moment if the Gray king managed to pull off his goal (that is - IF his goal is actually the same as the Green king's)
Nov 16, 2015 1:43 AM
Sep 2015
that epic reveal. cool. im hyped.
the ameno miyabi mystery and i think it's about damn time they give an explanation on the kagutsu crater incident aside from red king going out of control causing huge crater, blue king about to do the same but subordinate killed him before causing anything catastrophic etc.
nagare didn't lived up to the hype but he looks liked some kid who finally got his freedom after being grounded for weeks. also, i kinda get what nagare means and can't help but agree on his views on power. power itself hold no meaning but the wielder gives its meaning and that the slate belongs to everyone. but man, his methods were crazy.
it's about time shiro do some ass kicking, his power is op, i thnk
i'm really excited for net week.
Nov 16, 2015 7:46 AM

May 2014
For a second you forget about plot and get high foucused but shot lol
Nov 16, 2015 8:42 PM

May 2014
Inugirlz said:
I think the problem with K's plot is that it doesn't give me good enough reason to disagree with Nagare. I find myself rooting for him to be honest. Although I don't care much for his clansmen.

Mr. Iwa is badass as I predicted!

I just wanna see Shiro fight!

And wait is Nagare really done? He used up all his power after all? I don't get it his efforts literally did nothing. I mean none of the other kings got beat or reduced in strength and he didn't steal the slates. He says it was all for leading a path for Mr. Iwa but seriously? Mr. Iwa waltz straight in regardless of his so called "path."

The main issue with Return of Kings is that the other kings and clansmen have been reduced to one-dimensional cardboard characters - they share the same goals and there's not much distinguishing their actions. Nagare/Iwa are more interesting since their motivations are different.

The first season of K was more entertaining since it was a 3/4-way conflict. Missing Kings was meh.

IMO, they should actually start killing characters, instead of ending every fight with everyone walking away mostly unscathed.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Nov 18, 2015 4:23 PM

Jul 2008
finally got around to watching this episode, since ep 1-6 were just.. so boring? but this episode did not let me down, it was nice to see Anna fighting and I didn't expect the grey king to make an appearance. Hopefully the rest of the season is like this.
Nov 18, 2015 7:13 PM

Jan 2013
Interesting, didn't know about the gray king.
Good episode, too bad there were no major deaths.
Nov 22, 2015 10:03 AM
Mar 2014
am i the only one who noticed the toulouse ripoff lmao
took me a while to remember where i knew it from
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Nov 22, 2015 10:54 PM
Nov 2015
Does anyone know the song during episode 8 when the grey king started to fight the blue king? I been searching for days with no luck
Nov 25, 2015 10:21 AM
Nov 2015
and anyone know the song on episode 7 when anna start to fight and follow green king? its awesome *-*
Dec 8, 2015 3:52 AM

Jan 2014
Yays, some action! Red King x Green King was great!
And that Gray King seems quite cool, too. o(^__^)o
Dec 16, 2015 2:51 AM

Aug 2013
Oh I didn't think he would be another king. That's surprising.
Dec 21, 2015 3:52 PM

Jan 2015
Wow The Sixth King??? The Grey King???? And his full power transformation looked like Neko??? Her brother???
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2015

263 by bigdmf »»
Apr 2, 6:03 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2015

185 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 5:46 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2015

45 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 5:42 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2015

87 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 4:41 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2015

57 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 2:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.